Post Reply 708 posts
2020 Wishlist (Repeats & 1st Timers)
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

Re: 2020 Wishlist (Repeats & 1st Timers)

by AstridDragon » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:36 am

Ethrivas wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:48 am
    Phoenix wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:00 pmI think the problem is that a lot of us are into obscure shit, which means it's harder for us to converge on a band :P
    +1
    I find wishlists very resourceful tho. I check wishlists of those having similar bands with mine and listen to the ones i haven't heard of.
    I do the same thing! Or I just grab the next thing in the "what are you listening" thread.

Or sometimes I just like a band name and go listen because someone mentioned it xD

Can I just tell you all if you like folk/death metal GO LISTEN TO NORTHLAND and request them pleeeease I need them in my life. I met ONE person on the boat who knew/liked them.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:04 am

AstridDragon wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:36 amCan I just tell you all if you like folk/death metal GO LISTEN TO NORTHLAND and request them pleeeease I need them in my life. I met ONE person on the boat who knew/liked them.
    Hearing Downfall and Rebirth and I'm totally liking what I'm hearing. Surely I will add them to my next wishlist update. Thanks for the recommendation! :cheers:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • JennDeris
    Wiper

by JennDeris » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 am

My wishlist 2020:
    Helloween
    Aeternam
    Alestorm
    Amaranthe
    Amon Amarth
    Amorphis
    Arch enemy
    Avantasia
    Battle beast
    Behemoth
    Be’lakor
    Borknagar
    Carach Angren
    Dark tranquility
    Dragonforce
    Edguy
    Emperor
    Epica
    Freedom call
    Gamma ray
    In Flames
    In this moment
    Meshuggah
    Nightwish
    Ravenous
    Saltatio mortis
    Septicflesh
    Seventh wonder
    Skalmold
    Smash into pieces
    Sonata arctica
    Therion
    Unisonic
    Wintersun
    Within temptation
    Diabolus in musica
    Ex libris
    Powerwolf
    Savatage
    Gojira
    Rotting Christ
    Haken
    Royal Hunt
    Fates Warning

Survivor 2019!!!
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:16 am

cegr80 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:04 am
    AstridDragon wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:36 amCan I just tell you all if you like folk/death metal GO LISTEN TO NORTHLAND and request them pleeeease I need them in my life. I met ONE person on the boat who knew/liked them.
    Hearing Downfall and Rebirth and I'm totally liking what I'm hearing. Surely I will add them to my next wishlist update. Thanks for the recommendation! :cheers:
    Glad you like! Duskriders is possibly my actual favorite of any song ever, so. Yeah. Need.
  • RunscroDawg
    Wiper

by RunscroDawg » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:14 am

Wishlist:

Æpoch
    Æther Realm
    Aanal Nathrakh
    Alestorm
    Alkaloid
    Allegaeon
    Alterbeast
    Amon Amarth
    Amorphis
    Archspire
    At The Gates
    Baroness
    Be'Lakor
    Beyond Creation
    Black Crown Initiate
    Bloodshot Dawn
    Body Count
    Caligula's Horse
    Carcass
    Cattle Decapitation
    Corrosion of Conformity
    Cult of Luna
    Dark Tranquillity
    Deicide
    Devin Townsend
    Dimmu Borgir
    Emperor
    Entheos
    Equipoise
    Exist
    Galaktikon
    Godflesh
    Gojira
    Gorod
    Hypocrisy
    Inferi
    Insomnium
    Jungle Rot
    Katatonia
    Kreator
    Midnight
    Obscura
    Omnium Gatherum
    Red Fang
    Rivers of Nihil
    Protest the Hero
    Septic Flesh
    Skeletal Remains
    Soilwork
    Slugdge
    Wintersun
    Zeal & Ardor

And a bunch more that I can't think of right now :D

2019: Survivor Cabin: 2362
    2020: Booked Cabin: 3240
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:19 am

The ones I've been pestering 70K Tons about on FB, Twitter, etc.

Fates Warning
    Borealis
    Darkest Hour
    Nightrage
    Mercenary
    Emperor
    Dark Angel
    Edguy
    Memoriam
    King Diamond
    Degradead
    Immolation
    The Crown
    Morbid Angel
    Alcest
    Dismember (now that they've reunited)
    Saxon (curious why they haven't repeated)
    Black Earth ( > Arch Enemy ... by a lot)
    Fear Factory (one "normal" set", one with Obsolete in its entirety)
    Winterfylleth (... although apparently Chris Naughton hates flying)
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:01 pm

Just as a reminder to the newer folks: Andy, aka "the Skipper," has never booked a band to perform two years in a row. There isn't a formally stated "rule," but that's the way it's been.
    So, craft your wishlists accordingly.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:39 pm

Facebook is facebook. I don't participate in it, and it shouldn't be brought here.
    cowboy71 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm Top 20 requests. 5 Melodeath, 5 Black, 1 Doom! Top 100 - over 50% (55 by my count) fall into Melodeath/Black/Doom/Death/Thrash/Extreme.

<SNIP>

If you could provide examples of "newer people that have been shut down and haven't returned" I'd love to know who they were because that would be a horrible thing if it were true :(
    Subject for it's own thread, but I posit that most Melodeath is not Extreme.

I confess I did not keep detailed notes, and I'm too lazy to go back through the last year or two to compile the data, but I observed the general patterns over time. In the interest of everyone, I'll consider it a bygone era and not belabor the point.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:07 pm

EvilDan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:39 pm Facebook is facebook. I don't participate in it, and it shouldn't be brought here.
    cowboy71 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm Top 20 requests. 5 Melodeath, 5 Black, 1 Doom! Top 100 - over 50% (55 by my count) fall into Melodeath/Black/Doom/Death/Thrash/Extreme.

<SNIP>

If you could provide examples of "newer people that have been shut down and haven't returned" I'd love to know who they were because that would be a horrible thing if it were true :(
    Subject for it's own thread, but I posit that most Melodeath is not Extreme.

I confess I did not keep detailed notes, and I'm too lazy to go back through the last year or two to compile the data, but I observed the general patterns over time. In the interest of everyone, I'll consider it a bygone era and not belabor the point.
    No worries mate! I agree that the definition of what is brutal versus what is weenie is difficult! Some melodeath is definitely more weenie :P, Some prog is probably brutal, is Stoner brutal? is core brutal? is doom brutal? Does EITHER camp want to take 'ownership' of Dead Cross?? :P etc

I appreciate you not wanting to carry on with a back and forth - as you said it would have been great to catchup on broad and have a discussion about it. Maybe next year? Because I do have the data and the stats around wishlists, band genres, patterns etc. Would love to discuss in detail :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:10 pm

I actually don't think I put BLIND GUARDIAN on my wishlist. I've seen them live enough, and would rather a newbie from my wishlist.

But, can I please have BLIND GUARDIAN WITH A MOTHER FUCKING ORCHESTRA?????

https://www.nuclearblast.de/de/label/mu ... um-an.html
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Lucrece
    Wiper

by Lucrece » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:55 pm

Blind Guardian
    Hammerfall
    Sonata Arctica
    Lord of the Lost
    Rammstein
    Scorpions
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Judas Priest
    Samael
    System of a Down
    Thunder
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:45 am Nah, I think that's a low estimate Statsman.

Number of wishlist submissions by Easter

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    150 cowboy71
    Now that new people are finally getting verified and are able to post, you may be right!! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:45 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:07 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:45 am Nah, I think that's a low estimate Statsman.

Number of wishlist submissions by Easter

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    150 cowboy71
    Now that new people are finally getting verified and are able to post, you may be right!! :P
    140 Pellaz
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Pellaz - I think you are way too low :P 7 new lists in the past 24 hours, over a month until easter, and the skipper hasn't even made his 'sailors submit your wishlists!' post which always bumps up activity :P

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    150 cowboy71
    140 Pellaz
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:50 am

Madkill wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:19 am ....
    Saxon (curious why they haven't repeated)
    They seem to be very much 'in bed' with the Monsters of Rock Cruise :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Celicaner
    Wiper

by Celicaner » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:14 am

Alestorm
    Arch Enemy
    Amon Amarth
    Amorphis
    Any given Day
    Children of Bodom
    Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
    Devildriver
    Dimmu Borgir
    Dragonforce
    Doro
    Epica
    Fear factory
    Finntroll
    Five finger Deathpunch
    Gojira
    Goatwhore
    In Extremo
    Jinjer
    Kreator
    Lacuna Coil
    Lamb of God
    Meshuggah
    Machine Head
    Nightwish
    Parasite Inc
    Slayer (not going to work but still a wish)
    Soilwork
    Soulfly
    Trivium
    The Agonist
    Within temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:10 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:02 pm Pellaz - I think you are way too low :P 7 new lists in the past 24 hours, over a month until easter, and the skipper hasn't even made his 'sailors submit your wishlists!' post which always bumps up activity :P

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    150 cowboy71
    140 Pellaz
    Didn't know Andy hadn't made that post yet.
    Can I bump mine up to 160, pretty-please with sugar on top? :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:16 pm

Pellaz wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:10 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:02 pm Pellaz - I think you are way too low :P 7 new lists in the past 24 hours, over a month until easter, and the skipper hasn't even made his 'sailors submit your wishlists!' post which always bumps up activity :P

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    150 cowboy71
    140 Pellaz
    Didn't know Andy hadn't made that post yet.
    Can I bump mine up to 160, pretty-please with sugar on top? :lol:
    As we say here in Australia, we're not exactly playing for sheep stations, so sure :)

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    160 Pellaz
    150 cowboy71
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:57 am

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    150 cowboy71
    140 Pellaz
    You know that for the game to work you need to be the only one knowing the current number or even the trend, right? :trashdrink:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:06 am

My proposed prize is honorary only (since adding bands at the end will have low impact), similar to “free pizza”.
    How about we make it something communicated to the skipper: “Special prize of the jury” or something, like at the Cannes Festival?
    This way, people who always have their one band that nobody else knows about could make it officially appear of the skipper’s radar, if only by name.

To summarize my proposal:
    The person who guesses the correct number of individual wishlist submissions by April 19th can choose a band to be submitted separately in the wishlist, so that it will appear (listed separately) even if it only has one vote.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:27 am

Godflesh wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:06 am My proposed prize is honorary only (since adding bands at the end will have low impact), similar to “free pizza”.
    How about we make it something communicated to the skipper: “Special prize of the jury” or something, like at the Cannes Festival?
    This way, people who always have their one band that nobody else knows about could make it officially appear of the skipper’s radar, if only by name.

To summarize my proposal:
    The person who guesses the correct number of individual wishlist submissions by April 19th can choose a band to be submitted separately in the wishlist, so that it will appear (listed separately) even if it only has one vote.
    Hahaha NICE! I like :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:39 pm

Large influx of new wishlists over the weekend!

Requests from 117 individuals now, 4,254 requests in total, 1,308 unique acts requested.

Going down to 9 or more now, gives us the top 108 (gonna have to drop 9s soon)! Changing the weighting in favour of repeats now 68 to 40.

Note that ORANGE are bands that have NOT been on previously.

62 Amon Amarth

41 Alestorm, Amorphis

40 Blind Guardian

33 Be'lakor

32 Insomnium

31 Iced Earth

30 Sabaton

29 Gojira, Rotting Christ

28 Powerwolf, Wintersun

26 Emperor

24 Behemoth, Candlemass, Dimmu Borgir

23 Borknagar, Dark Tranquillity

22 Epica, Opeth, Wolfheart

21 Demons & Wizards, Moonspell, Omnium Gatherum

20 Hypocrisy, Mgla, Turisas

19 Avantasia, Dragonforce, Finntroll, Katatonia, Moonsorrow, Nightwish

18 Children of Bodom, Edguy, Equilibrium, Helloween, King Diamond, Kreator

17 Death Angel, Lacuna Coil, Orden Ogan

16 At The Gates, Battle Beast, Beast in Black, Hammerfall, Soilwork

15 Enslaved, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Melechesh, Primordial, Stratovarius, Testament

14 Aether Realm, Allegaeon, Devin Townsend, Korpiklaani, Orphaned Land, Therion, Triptykon, Within Temptation

13 Aeternam, Anaal Nathrakh, Carach Angren, Carcass, Chthonic, Ihsahn, Immortal, Myrath, Symphony X

12 Draconian, My Dying Bride, Power Trip, Saltatio Mortis, Septicflesh, The Crown, Vader

11 Abbath, Arch Enemy, Dalriada, Jinjer, November's Doom, Sonata Arctica, Swallow The Sun, Tribulation

10 Ahab, Amaranthe, Batushka, Dismember, Einherjer, In Flames, Meshuggah, Municipal Waste, Satyricon, Tankard, Trollfest

9 Ancient Bards, Decapitated, Fear Factory, Freedom Call, Gamma Ray, Harakiri for the Sky, Mykur, Ravenous, Running Wild, Seventh Wonder, Sulphur Aeon, Wolves in the Throne Room
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:25 am

Godflesh wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:57 am

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    150 cowboy71
    140 Pellaz
    You know that for the game to work you need to be the only one knowing the current number or even the trend, right? :trashdrink:
    Bump. :mrgreen:
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:53 am

Just a couple more to add to my wishlist. :beerwink:

First Timers
    Ablaze My Sorrow
    Aether Realm
    Alkaloid
    Anciients
    Ash Borer
    Barren Earth
    Blood Incantation
    Bloodhunter
    Brymir
    Cannabis Corpse
    Craven Idol
    Crypt Sermon
    Coffins
    Cormorant
    Cut Up
    Damnation Defaced
    Desultory
    Emperor
    Entrails
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Exhorder
    Firespawn
    Gorguts
    Grave Miasma
    Gruesome
    Hallatar
    Harakiri for the Sky
    Hate Eternal
    Hath
    Haunt
    Hellbringer
    Hooded Menace
    Ihsahn
    Kadaver
    Kaoteon
    Lucifer's Child
    Magoth
    Master
    Mastodon
    Miasmal
    Orange Goblin
    Ossuarium
    Outre Tombe
    Powerwolf
    Profanal
    Ripper
    Tau Cross
    The Lurking Fear
    The Wretched End
    Tomb Mold
    Tribulation
    Vanum
    Vektor
    Vesperia
    Vredehammer

Repeats
    3 Inches of Blood
    Amorphis
    Benighted
    Corrosion of Conformity
    Dark Tranquillity
    Flotsam & Jetsam
    Immolation
    Jungle Rot
    Satyricon
    Suffocation
    Thyrfing
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:34 am

Madkill wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:19 am Black Earth ( > Arch Enemy ... by a lot)
    Nice!
    CitizenChip wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:50 am GRAI
    Double Nice!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:01 pm Just as a reminder to the newer folks: Andy, aka "the Skipper," has never booked a band to perform two years in a row. There isn't a formally stated "rule," but that's the way it's been.
    So, craft your wishlists accordingly.
    Yeah there isn't a formal rule, so I say if people want to request a back-to-back repeat, let them :)

I mean lets face it, there is no chance Megadeth, Iron Maiden, or Judas Priest will ever play our little boat but if people want to request them then go right ahead :D :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:08 pm

A few more I'd like to add to my list:

Warrior Path
    Nostra Morte
    Sisters of Suffocation
    Soen
    Lahmia
    Hell's Guardian
    Brymir
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:01 pm

Additions to my wishlist:
    Agathodaimon
    Lahmia
    Lost Society
    Stratovarius
    Vltimas
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • twoandfortysix
    Oiler

by twoandfortysix » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:56 am

Hi! I'd like to add these bands to my wishlist:

Harakiri for the Sky
    Hooded Menace
    Horrendous

'H' will be an exciting letter this year :D

Thanks!
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:30 pm

Feeling grindy today, please add to my list:
    Self Deconstruction
    Meth Leppard
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:02 pm

BUMP :P

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    160 Pellaz
    150 cowboy71

I didn't keep track of who-requested-what last year so don't have an exact figure of how many requestors there were.

But so far this time around 62 out of 118 people have requested Amon Amarth.

For the 2019 wishlists, we had 77 people request Amon Amarth.

So mathematically if the same percentage of people requested AA last year as have so far this year, that would mean we had about 146 requests.

Thus, I think my guess is looking pretty damn good :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • gunsngreens
    Wiper

by gunsngreens » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:00 pm

My wishlist for 2020 so far:

Sabaton
    Amon Amarth
    Septicflesh
    Epica
    Lacuna Coil
    Jinjer
    Alestorm
    Beast in Black
    Cellar Darling
    Chthonic
    Blind Guardian
    Hammerfall
    Serenity

:bitch: :shred: :death:

Survivor 2019! #9543
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 pm

Minor update - requests from 118 individuals now, 4,349 requests in total, 1,330 unique acts requested.

Going down to 9 or more now, gives us the top 110 (gonna have to drop 9s soon - but that would cut SO many 70K-virgins). A virgin (Mastodon) and a veteran (Immolation) sneak into the bottom, changing the weighting in favour of repeats now 69 to 41.

Note that ORANGE are bands that have NOT been on previously.

63 Amon Amarth

42 Alestorm, Amorphis

41 Blind Guardian

33 Be'lakor

32 Insomnium

31 Iced Earth, Sabaton

29 Gojira, Powerwolf, Rotting Christ

28 Wintersun

27 Emperor

24 Behemoth, Candlemass, Dark Tranquillity, Dimmu Borgir

23 Borknagar, Epica

22 Opeth, Wolfheart

21 Demons & Wizards, Moonspell, Omnium Gatherum

20 Hypocrisy, Mgla, Turisas

19 Avantasia, Dragonforce, Finntroll, Katatonia, Moonsorrow, Nightwish

18 Children of Bodom, Edguy, Equilibrium, Helloween, King Diamond, Kreator, Lacuna Coil

17 Beast in Black, Death Angel, Hammerfall, Orden Ogan

16 At The Gates, Battle Beast, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Soilwork, Stratovarius

15 Aether Realm, Enslaved, Melechesh, Primordial, Testament

14 Allegaeon, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Ihsahn, Korpiklaani, Orphaned Land, Therion, Triptykon, Within Temptation

13 Aeternam, Anaal Nathrakh, Carach Angren, Carcass, Immortal, Myrath, Septicflesh, Symphony X

12 Draconian, Jinjer, My Dying Bride, Power Trip, Saltatio Mortis, The Crown, Tribulation, Vader

11 Abbath, Arch Enemy, Dalriada, Harakiri for the Sky, November's Doom, Satyricon, Sonata Arctica, Swallow The Sun

10 Ahab, Amaranthe, Batushka, Dismember, Einherjer, In Flames, Meshuggah, Municipal Waste, Tankard, Trollfest

9 Ancient Bards, Decapitated, Fear Factory, Freedom Call, Gamma Ray, Immolation, Mastodon, Mykur, Ravenous, Running Wild, Seventh Wonder, Sulphur Aeon, Wolves in the Throne Room
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Go, Be'lakor, go! :mrgreen:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:13 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:54 pm Go, Be'lakor, go! :mrgreen:
    Interesting to see their rise this year compared to last, considering they haven't released anything new in several years.

They have already got more 'votes' this year than last, and risen from 23rd last year to 5th this year.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:49 pm

BUMP :P

NUMBER OF UNIQUE WISHLISTS BEFORE EASTER*

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    160 Pellaz
    150 cowboy71

*Unless Andy has not made the "Sailors! Submit your wishlists!" post by then.

So yeah thinking about this some more, I think the deadline should be "The latter of, Before Easter or 1 week after the 'Sailors submit your wishlists' post"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:53 am

Being a pessimist, i'll go with 145.

BTW Be'lakor FTW!
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:49 pm BUMP :P

NUMBER OF UNIQUE WISHLISTS BEFORE EASTER*

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    160 Pellaz
    150 cowboy71

*Unless Andy has not made the "Sailors! Submit your wishlists!" post by then.

So yeah thinking about this some more, I think the deadline should be "The latter of, Before Easter or 1 week after the 'Sailors submit your wishlists' post"
    That sounds reasonable. Give the n00bs a full week to get their wishlisting on. :D

I'm working on some additions to mine. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:10 pm

NUMBER OF UNIQUE WISHLISTS.... before the latter of Good Friday, or 1 week after the 'Sailors submit your wishlists' post"

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    160 Pellaz
    150 cowboy71
    145 Ethrivas

Current number of unique wishlists: 118
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:06 am

A few more to add, all first timers.

Black Earth
    Desaster
    Deserted Fear
    Hatesphere
    High on Fire
    Nuclear Assault
    Okkultist
    Phlebotomized
    Sacred Monster
    Sacrifice
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
Post Reply 708 posts