Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1
Most Metal Moment 2019
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Most Metal Moment 2019

by Godflesh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:53 pm

Time for a new edition of this thread...

Every year, there's a moment when chills come down my spine, I can feel Vulcan's smile, and I think: "now THIS is METAL".
    It's a unique moment that only happens once per year.
    This year for me it was during the Roots show, when at the last breakdown of “Roots, bloody roots” everybody I could see headbanged in unison.

What was yours?
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Frog.Leap-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Most Metal Moment 2019

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:25 am

Quoth the Raven. I've posted here and elsewhere about how meh I felt about the new Eluveitie, but when she screamed "hear my wings caressing the wind! Hear my CRY!" I think half the pool deck had chills. Holy shit.

Close second was everyone on the pool deck headbanging during the And Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope breakdown. Always so very good.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:55 pm

Bloodbath giving props to the teletubbies.
    JamieS
    Oiler

by JamieS » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:26 pm

Maybe not the most metal, but Arkona playing in the wind and rain on the pool deck was possibly the peak of their intended aesthetic.
    2017 Survivor
    2018 Survivor
    2019 Survivor
    2020 Booked!
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:40 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:25 am

Close second was everyone on the pool deck headbanging during the And Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope breakdown. Always so very good.
    Yep. One of the high points during the cruise for me.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Ethrivas
    Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:55 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:25 am
    Quoth the Raven. I've posted here and elsewhere about how meh I felt about the new Eluveitie, but when she screamed "hear my wings caressing the wind! Hear my CRY!" I think half the pool deck had chills. Holy shit.
    Fully agree. Recorded that song :)
    Wishlist 2020: ABLAZE.MY.SORROW-/-Aephanemer-/-AETERNAM-/-Agathodaimon-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Amon.Amarth-/-AMORPHIS-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BRYMIR-/-Chthonic-/-Cloak-/-Crescent-/-Decembre.Noir-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Dragonlord-/-Drudkh-/-Einherjer-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Godsmack-/-Harakiri.For.the.Sky-/-Hyperion-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IMMORTAL-/-Jinjer-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lahmia-/-LAMB.OF.GOD-/-Lost.Society-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Machine.Head-/-Manegarm-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGLA-/-MOONSHADE-/-Morbid.Angel-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Netherbird-/-Obtenebris-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-Perpetual.Night-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-Shylmagoghnar-/-Skyfire-/-Stratovarius-/-Testament-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-TRIBULATION-/-Turisas-/-Vltimas-/-VREID-/-WHISPERED-/-WOLFHEART-/-Wormwitch
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Booked!
    cegr80
    Midshipman

by cegr80 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:28 am

For me it was getting into the moshpit during Blood Red Throne's set at the ice rink. I rarely do moshpits nowadays but these guys woke up the demon inside me :deathhorns:
    2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
    2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701
    2019: Survivor - Cabin #7340

2020 Wishlist: Alkaloid+Arcturus+Augury+Avatar+Be'lakor+Belzebubs+BlackCrownInitiate+Borknagar+Candlemass+CthoniC+DimmuBorgir+Emperor+FirstFragment+Galaktikon+Gorod+Helmet+Ihsahn+Inferi+IrreversibleMechanism+Kaoteon+KeepOfKalessin+LochVostok+Melechesh+Micawber+Nightwish+NovembersDoom+NocnyKochanek+Prong+Pyrexia+Sarke+ShapeTheAbove+Shining(Nor)+Slugdge+SulphurAeon+TheKovenant+TombMold+Virvum+Wardehns
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:23 am

Probably the pit during the Fleshgod Apocalypse's Ice Rink show. Like cegr80, I don't do pits much anymore, but that one was amazeballs.

The start of "Roots Bloody Roots" would be a close second.
    Survivor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (booked)

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    cegr80
    Midshipman

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:03 am

Gratch wrote:
    Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:23 am
    Probably the pit during the Fleshgod Apocalypse's Ice Rink show
    I lost one of my brand new earplugs during this set. I think I was putting it on/removing it when a crowdsurfer kicked me. Tried looking for it after the show but no dice
    2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
    2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701
    2019: Survivor - Cabin #7340

2020 Wishlist: Alkaloid+Arcturus+Augury+Avatar+Be'lakor+Belzebubs+BlackCrownInitiate+Borknagar+Candlemass+CthoniC+DimmuBorgir+Emperor+FirstFragment+Galaktikon+Gorod+Helmet+Ihsahn+Inferi+IrreversibleMechanism+Kaoteon+KeepOfKalessin+LochVostok+Melechesh+Micawber+Nightwish+NovembersDoom+NocnyKochanek+Prong+Pyrexia+Sarke+ShapeTheAbove+Shining(Nor)+Slugdge+SulphurAeon+TheKovenant+TombMold+Virvum+Wardehns
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:15 pm

cegr80 wrote:
    Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:03 am
    Gratch wrote:
    I lost one of my brand new earplugs during this set. I think I was putting it on/removing it when a crowdsurfer kicked me. Tried looking for it after the show but no dice
    Yep. HATE it when that happens. I always try to carry a spare or two in my pockets, just in case.
    THIS year I brought a bag of earplugs...and only ended up using four. :twisted:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:24 pm

cegr80 wrote:
    Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:03 am
    Gratch wrote:
    Reason 629 why crowdsurfers suck ass.

Yes, all of them.
    Survivor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (booked)

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm

I like the intent of this thread but I want more out of it so I'm hijacking and just throwing out some generally awesome things:

Eluveitie's set on the pool deck was straight out of a movie. Surreal.
    Bodyfarm. Those guys nailed it. Legit metal bassist should be featured even more.
    Persefone's singer spent half his time in the crowd/pit.
    Fleshgod delivering on the last set.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:25 am

Looks like I won’t have to create a 2020 edition of this thread, it will be DEVIN TOWNSEND playing STRAPPING YOUNG LAD songs, guaranteed.

Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Frog.Leap-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:41 am

Unless of course they fuck up the sound, like they did for NAPALM DEATH on the poop deck this year.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Godflesh wrote:
    Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:41 am
    Unless of course they fuck up the sound, like they did for NAPALM DEATH on the poop deck this year.
    Or Enslaved in the ice-rink. So disappointing.
    2020 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:51 am

Check out this masterpiece

Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1