Most Pointless Moment 2019
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Most Pointless Moment 2019

by captaingabbeh » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:01 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:09 pm
    :P

This is all in fun but just wondering what you thought was the most pointless moment of 2019?

For me, as much as I ADORE Delain, I thought given that they only had 45 minute sets, to do an extended drum and guitar solo was POINTLESS!

Also even though I only caught one Kamelot set, looks like they did their usual amount of time wasting with solos, singalongs etc.

Save it for your headlining shows people!!
    Kamelot pulled that crap in 2017 too. I was running around like a madwoman trying to catch their set so was utterly pissed that they did a shortened headliner with all manner of filler.

Note to bands reading this: DO NOT DO THIS. Please.

2015-2018, 2020
    Goth Cruise 2019?

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:31 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:
    Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:01 pm
    cowboy71 wrote:
    Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:09 pm
    :P

This is all in fun but just wondering what you thought was the most pointless moment of 2019?

For me, as much as I ADORE Delain, I thought given that they only had 45 minute sets, to do an extended drum and guitar solo was POINTLESS!

Also even though I only caught one Kamelot set, looks like they did their usual amount of time wasting with solos, singalongs etc.

Save it for your headlining shows people!!
    Kamelot pulled that crap in 2017 too. I was running around like a madwoman trying to catch their set so was utterly pissed that they did a shortened headliner with all manner of filler.

Note to bands reading this: DO NOT DO THIS. Please.
    And the sad thing is, Kamelot KNOWS better.
    When they played ProgPower USA many years ago, they opened with what is still IMHO the best -- and better yet, CONCISE -- intro in the history of the festival. They started with a recording of "The Might of Rome" from the Gladiator soundtrack, faded it out just as the awesome crescendo finished (instead of letting the song finish, which would have been a waste of 90 seconds), and then went right into "The Fourth Legacy." No filler, just perfect.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:54 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:38 am
    Kalmah's jokes are a national treasure. I hope he does more next time. :mrgreen:
    ANYTHING to break up the monotony of all this metal, right?