Post Reply 33 posts Page 1 of 1
Cripper Award 2019
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Cripper Award 2019

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:15 pm

OK, so as one of the three people supposed to be in charge of this, and probably being the only one sort of active in the forum, I kinda feel responsible for this.

I would like to be only a facilitator for this, and make decisions only if I strictly have to. So here it goes. Is there still interest in having the Cripper Award one more time? Let me know your thoughts and, if applies, your band suggestions.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Cripper Award 2019

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Yeah, I like it.

I think we should keep doing it. It's always been a forum thing, even before Andy got involved (and before too much interference). So what if it means more to the bands - it still means something to us.

If no one has polling rights on the forum anymore, surveymonkey or google forms can probably be used. JUST DON'T SPREAD THE LINK AROUND.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:45 pm

I think we should still do the Cripper Award, yeah!
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:33 pm Yeah, I like it.

I think we should keep doing it. It's always been a forum thing, even before Andy got involved (and before too much interference). So what if it means more to the bands - it still means something to us.

If no one has polling rights on the forum anymore, surveymonkey or google forms can probably be used. JUST DON'T SPREAD THE LINK AROUND.
    Let's make it happen!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:02 pm

Keep them traditions alive! Do it!
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:04 pm

According to my sources, the following users have the access to create the poll.

Britta
    bodrocc
    bodomdragon
    DragonLordJones
    Stained Class
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 pm

Come on, bodomdragon. Let's do this!

Again let me remind you of the contenders according to the first-timer and less-than-10k-listeners-on-last.fm rules:

Bodyfarm
    Carnation
    Chontaraz
    Dragony
    Internal Suffering
    Night Demon
    Perpetual Warfare

Am I missing any other band?
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:28 pm

What about CyHra? Only 9,368 last.fm listeners.

Or are we ruling them out as they are a 'supergroup'?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:28 pm What about CyHra? Only 9,368 last.fm listeners.

Or are we ruling them out as they are a 'supergroup'?
    No, we're just ruling them out because they sound like Cyhra :P

Also, I managed to see 0 of the bands on the list. Whoops. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:13 pm

mooyagi wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 pm
    Also, I managed to see 0 of the bands on the list. Whoops. :lol:
    I saw 4 of them: Carnation, Bodyfarm, Chontaraz, and Dragony.

Carnation was excellent (ice rink was probably the loudest show on the boat), and the rest were just meh.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:05 am

cegr80 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 pm Come on, bodomdragon. Let's do this!

Again let me remind you of the contenders according to the first-timer and less-than-10k-listeners-on-last.fm rules:

Bodyfarm
    Carnation
    Chontaraz
    Dragony
    Internal Suffering
    Night Demon
    Perpetual Warfare

I like the list and I'd like to add CyHra as well.

Oh, and totally unrelated, I like CyHra's album and they were great live on the boat :)

Any other suggestions, or should I create the poll with these bands?
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 am

I feel like we've previously ruled out bands for having very well known members in them... And Cyhra has an ex-In Flames in their ranks. Though I could be mis-remembering.

I saw exactly one band on this list on the boat.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:30 am

Phoenix wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 am I feel like we've previously ruled out bands for having very well known members in them... And Cyhra has an ex-In Flames in their ranks. Though I could be mis-remembering.

If anyone has a reference on this please let me know so we can decide whether or not they are a good candidate. Other than that, they have less than 10k listeners, 1st time on boat, only one album released and 2 years of existance... also, quite limited number of Facebook likes (Perpetual Warfare, for instance, has more likes).
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:47 am

bodomdragon wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:30 am
    Phoenix wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 am I feel like we've previously ruled out bands for having very well known members in them... And Cyhra has an ex-In Flames in their ranks. Though I could be mis-remembering.

If anyone has a reference on this please let me know so we can decide whether or not they are a good candidate. Other than that, they have less than 10k listeners, 1st time on boat, only one album released and 2 years of existance... also, quite limited number of Facebook likes (Perpetual Warfare, for instance, has more likes).
    Went back and looked at the lineups until I remembered... it was Ghost Ship Octavius. They were also on the cusp for likes though, so since they have less than 10k it's probably fine.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • dcmetal02
    Oiler

by dcmetal02 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:59 am

They have Jesper Stromblad from In Flames. He was their for the first set but my buddy went to the second and he wasn't there. I like their music but he said it was a sad second performance
    CaughtInAWeb
    Oiler

by CaughtInAWeb » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 am

cegr80 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 pm
    Washy washy
    2016: 8231
    2017: 9263
    2018: 9323
    2019: 2313
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:16 am

CaughtInAWeb wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 am
    Washy washy
    Pepsi, meet monitor.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:29 pm

dcmetal02 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:59 am

They have Jesper Stromblad from In Flames. He was their for the first set but my buddy went to the second and he wasn't there. I like their music but he said it was a sad second performance
    Sad performance??? Well, if he was there for Jesper that was sad for sure since he just wasn't there. But the show was awesome.
    Wishlist:

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:56 pm

CaughtInAWeb wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 am
    Washy washy
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cancel the poll, this is your winner.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Thanks bodomdragon for stepping up. Te queremos!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 pm

Dragony, Just best!
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:07 pm

NIGHT DEMON
    :shred:
    13 time survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:35 am

Glad this is still happening and it's not the shit show it was a couple years ago. We had 2 bands on this year that were previous winners. Would be a same to see this die. I'm way too busy to be on the forum every day like I used to so kudos for taking the flag abd running it!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Stained Class wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:35 am Glad this is still happening and it's not the shit show it was a couple years ago. We had 2 bands on this year that were previous winners. Would be a same to see this die. I'm way too busy to be on the forum every day like I used to so kudos for taking the flag abd running it!
    Agreed. If it doesn't become a shit-show, I think it's great to continue the tradition.

Anyone know where the Cripper Award vest is? Wasn't that the official prize to the winning band?
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:24 pm Anyone know where the Cripper Award vest is? Wasn't that the official prize to the winning band?
    Masacre definitely received the vest as winners in 2015.

Twilight Force were officially declared the winners in 2016 but not sure they ever received the vest from Masacre :(

2017 was the real clusterfuck of vote stuffing, with Dalriada the 'winner'.

2018 was a clear and clean win to Gyze.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:09 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:52 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:24 pm Anyone know where the Cripper Award vest is? Wasn't that the official prize to the winning band?

Twilight Force were officially declared the winners in 2016 but not sure they ever received the vest from Masacre :(

If we ever get to recover the vest, it would be quite amazing to hold the voting on the boat after the last show, and personally deliver it to the winners :)

Another interesting idea would be offering the winners the chance to be the only repeat band on the following cruise, thus also having the opportunity to deliver the jacket to the next winner. Just fantasizing a little bit here :)
    Wishlist:

slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 am

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:09 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:52 pm

If we ever get to recover the vest, it would be quite amazing to hold the voting on the boat after the last show, and personally deliver it to the winners :)

Another interesting idea would be offering the winners the chance to be the only repeat band on the following cruise, thus also having the opportunity to deliver the jacket to the next winner. Just fantasizing a little bit here :)
    If we really want something like the vest to work, we need someone to really run the Cripper Award. The same way Dorthy runs the Miami based pre party and I run the 70K Bands app. Unfortunately for anyone who volunteers for this, unlike what Dorthy and I do, there are winners and losers associated with the Cripper Award, so it is much more of a thankless job.

Absent someone owning this, a reoccurring award like the vest is unlikely to ever work. Who coordinates the transfer, tracks down the old winner wherever in the world they are, etc, etc. Also maybe a new vest every year might make more sense, but who pays for that, etc, etc.

Maybe just having 'Internet Points' be the only prize is a better way. If anyone wants to step forward who feels they can be fair and impartial and run this for the community, especially someone that UMC has already given poll privileges to, I don't think any of us veterans would complain.
    Survivor

WishList
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:15 pm

If we start bringing back the vest or other prizes, trying to hold official votes on the boat, etc. we will run into the same shit that killed the award in the first place. It was always meant to be an informal, forum thing. Hell, I don't even think we truly voted the first couple of cruises. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:01 pm

mooyagi wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:15 pm If we start bringing back the vest or other prizes, trying to hold official votes on the boat, etc. we will run into the same shit that killed the award in the first place. It was always meant to be an informal, forum thing. Hell, I don't even think we truly voted the first couple of cruises. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Are you ever wrong if you have a BLACK CARD?
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:31 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:01 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:15 pm If we start bringing back the vest or other prizes, trying to hold official votes on the boat, etc. we will run into the same shit that killed the award in the first place. It was always meant to be an informal, forum thing. Hell, I don't even think we truly voted the first couple of cruises. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Are you ever wrong if you have a BLACK CARD?
    I’m fine actually with this being just a forum thing, for “Internet Points” only actually.

But...if we did want to make it more officialy unofficial, someone would have to take charge to ensure things did not get out of hand. Even for internet points only, someone needed to take initiative and create the poll at the very least (which bodomdragon graciously did)
    Survivor

WishList
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:36 am

I don't know why so many people didn't like them, but I do and I vote for Cyhra :cool:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:15 am

taketheday wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:36 am I don't know why so many people didn't like them, but I do and I vote for Cyhra :cool:
    It's your vote and you have the right to vote for your favorite. And for what we can see on the vote results so far, three other survivors seem to agree with you ;)
Post Reply 33 posts Page 1 of 1