17%
    Perpetual Warfare
    8%

Total votes: 60
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Cripper Award 2019 - OFFICIAL VOTING

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Here you go! Help the award stay healthy by NOT spreading the word too much or making it a big deal :)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Cripper Award 2019 - OFFICIAL VOTING

by Phoenix » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Woohoo!

I only saw one of these bands and it was Bodyfarm, and they were fairly decent fellows so they get my vote.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm

So here's my problem: I really, really liked 3 of them (Carnation, Bodyfarm and Night Demon)

Decisions, decisions!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:49 pm

If you missed Perpetual Warfare you missed out. These guys deserve the prize in my opinion.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:39 pm

Easiest vote ever for me. Dragony FTW!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:16 pm

I will give my vote to Carnation. The deciding factor was that I caught both sets, the second one after realizing the first one was so damn good even if it was at the Star Lounge. Anyway, several great Cripper bands this year
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • hub66
    Wiper

by hub66 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:56 am

I give my voice to Chontaraz; it’s the only cripper band I saw; they were very good
    2016 survivor
    2019 survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:43 am

Chontaraz were unexpectedly great, plus they were very nice people to talk to. But CyHra totally made it for me, despite the negative opinions many people have about them.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:09 pm

Bodyfarm delivered.
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:28 am

NIGHT DEMON
    13 time survivor
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:27 am

Night Demon is a slam dunk for me. Their lounge set was one of the best of the cruise.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:58 am

cegr80 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:16 pm I will give my vote to Carnation. The deciding factor was that I caught both sets, the second one after realizing the first one was so damn good even if it was at the Star Lounge. Anyway, several great Cripper bands this year
    I saw a few of the bands eligible. The only one I saw twice was Carnation. Like you, I will vote for them.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:16 pm

Donutsauce wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:09 pm Bodyfarm delivered.
    +1
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:17 pm

Also, I find the lack of "Washy Washy and the Windjammers"...disturbing. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:12 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:17 pm Also, I find the lack of "Washy Washy and the Windjammers"...disturbing. :lol:
    I was SERIOUSLY close to adding them to the poll, but on the other hand I wanted to give the rest of the candidates a chance to win... :D
    Wishlist:

Starling
    Oiler

by Starling » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:26 am

On FB, I saw way more people raving about Perpetual Warfare, but I guess they don't come over to the forum. I voted Bodyfarm myself. I missed about half of Carnation's set and didn't love Chontaraz, can't really remember Internal Suffering, though I definitely saw them! I'm glad I mark down the bands I see, because sometimes I really kind of space out (and/or drink a bit). :chug:
    2017 Survivor (Cabin 7211)
    2018 Survivor (Cabin 8359)
    2019 Booked (Cabin 9689)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:46 am

Wow, lots of bands in contention this year! This should be an exciting vote :D

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:06 am

Starling wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:26 am On FB, I saw way more people raving about Perpetual Warfare, but I guess they don't come over to the forum. I voted Bodyfarm myself. I missed about half of Carnation's set and didn't love Chontaraz, can't really remember Internal Suffering, though I definitely saw them! I'm glad I mark down the bands I see, because sometimes I really kind of space out (and/or drink a bit). :chug:
    I don't even drink that much and I can't remember everything I saw/did/everyone I met without some notes haha. It's SO MUCH.

Like some nights I'd have maybe 4 drinks between 5pm and midnight. And day two I had some mimosas in the merch line xD
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 am

I even have some pics from Exmortus at 5 am and I swear I don't remember being there! :lol: :stagger:
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 am

cegr80 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 am I even have some pics from Exmortus at 5 am and I swear I don't remember being there! :lol: :stagger:
    That's me with God Dethroned! I was like... I saw them? I have a note about how much I loved them even in the shitty lounge but I DONT REMEMBER THIS AT ALL
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:08 pm

Carnation crushed it.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:20 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:12 am
    Pellaz wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:17 pm Also, I find the lack of "Washy Washy and the Windjammers"...disturbing. :lol:
    I was SERIOUSLY close to adding them to the poll, but on the other hand I wanted to give the rest of the candidates a chance to win... :D
    Yep, they'd be a runaway favorite, if only because people would have voted for them "just because." :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:15 am

Perpetual Warfare just posted something on their Facebook page asking people to vote. Oh well. Expect a possible wave of votes for the band and my entire disapproval and thus disqualification. Sorry guys... not the spirit of the award.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/perpetualwarfa ... ?__tn__=-R
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:23 am

bodomdragon wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:15 am Perpetual Warfare just posted something on their Facebook page asking people to vote. Oh well. Expect a possible wave of votes for the band and my entire disapproval and thus disqualification. Sorry guys... not the spirit of the award.

Sigh, god dammit. I'm almost disappointed that most people aren't deterred by signing up in order to vote.

At least we kind of have a procedure for this now?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:26 am

Phoenix wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:23 am
    bodomdragon wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:15 am Perpetual Warfare just posted something on their Facebook page asking people to vote. Oh well. Expect a possible wave of votes for the band and my entire disapproval and thus disqualification. Sorry guys... not the spirit of the award.

Sigh, god dammit. I'm almost disappointed that most people aren't deterred by signing up in order to vote.

It's been a few minutes and haven't seen any effects yet. We'll see how effective the call was, or not.

I asked in the initial post not to spread the word too much. Maybe I was not specific enough... I thought it wouldn't be necessary. My bad, I guess.
    Wishlist:

slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:46 am

bodomdragon wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:26 am

It's been a few minutes and haven't seen any effects yet. We'll see how effective the call was, or not.

I asked in the initial post not to spread the word too much. Maybe I was not specific enough... I thought it wouldn't be necessary. My bad, I guess.
    That is disappointing. I voted for Perpetual Warfare and was surprised that more people did not think they deserved to win. That being said, Carnation was awesome as well, we had some really kick ass Cripper bands this year, as can be seen from a very spread out vote.

I am very much in agreement of...."Sorry guys... not the spirit of the award."
    Last edited by slayergeek on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am

slayergeek wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:46 am
    bodomdragon wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:26 am

That is disappointing. I voted for Perpetual Warfare and was surprised that more people did not think they deserved to win. That being said, Carnation was awesome as well, we had some really kick ass Cripper bands this year, as can be seen from a very spread out vote.

I am very much in agreement of...."Sorry guys... not the spirit of the award."
    FYI, looks like they deleted it, the link is no longer working.
    Last edited by slayergeek on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor

WishList
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:53 am

slayergeek wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am FYI, looks like they deleted it, the link is no longer working.
    Yes, they deleted it. I replied in their facebook post and explained them the situation. The singer of the band PM'd me, apologized and immediately deleted the post. That's very positive. So now we can leave this behind :)
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:08 am

Well hooray!

And I agree, lots of good contenders this year. Would hate to disqualify one because they misunderstood.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:16 am

I've read several times on the fb page that new people cannot sign in to the forum because they are not getting the confirmation e-mail. I wonder what's the deal with that.

In any case, Carnation was leading the poll as of this moment. I saved a screenshot for future references
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:53 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:16 am I've read several times on the fb page that new people cannot sign in to the forum because they are not getting the confirmation e-mail. I wonder what's the deal with that.

In any case, Carnation was leading the poll as of this moment. I saved a screenshot for future references
    Good thinking.

And yes - there seems to be issues as people have mentioned that they have tried to sign up so they can submit their wishlists and have been unable to do so. :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:50 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:16 am I've read several times on the fb page that new people cannot sign in to the forum because they are not getting the confirmation e-mail. I wonder what's the deal with that.
    Well, that would explain the complete lack of new votes for Perpetual Warfare while their post was active. This is actually the positive side of this problem that new users have - we'll probably have the cleanest Cripper Award contest ever :)
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:32 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:50 pm
    Well, that would explain the complete lack of new votes for Perpetual Warfare while their post was active. This is actually the positive side of this problem that new users have - we'll probably have the cleanest Cripper Award contest ever :)
    The 70K support team are looking into the new user signup issue.

They hope to have a fix for it SOON.

:lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:46 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:32 pm
    bodomdragon wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:50 pm
    The 70K support team are looking into the new user signup issue.

They hope to have a fix for it SOON.

:lol:
    Oh well. That word. They *might* be able to vote for the Cripper Award 2020 then. :D
    Wishlist:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:01 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:53 am
    slayergeek wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am FYI, looks like they deleted it, the link is no longer working.
    Yes, they deleted it. I replied in their facebook post and explained them the situation. The singer of the band PM'd me, apologized and immediately deleted the post. That's very positive. So now we can leave this behind :)
    That's excellent. Good on them! :headbanger:

If they hadn't, I'd have suggested disqualifying them, and that would have sucked for them and their "legit" voters.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:06 am

Bumping up from all the other posts to remind everyone that this ends on Friday!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:13 am

These last hours should be interesting. Preliminary results are tight
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:25 am

It is definitely still anyone's race.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:27 pm

The poll ended with no apparent shenanigans! It was a good/close race. Thanks to Bodomdragon for setting up the poll & defusing the possible situation with one of the bands on Facebook.

Congratulations to Carnation!
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Congratulations to Carnation! I totally agree with the chosen winner.

Thanks to bodomdragon, indeed!
Post Reply 43 posts