Post Reply 202 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2020?
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2020?

by mooyagi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:22 pm
    cholernik wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:12 am
    mooyagi wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Lucky bastard. I have zero interest in Bart's version so this news is fine by me.
    Based on what I've heard from both versions, no one has any interest in either. Like parents getting divorced and they both marry assholes. screw em.
    The new record from Derph's version is really good IMO, and sounds much more like the debut. I'd love to see that version on board.
    Yeah, it's a very good follow-up to the first album. The Bart material doesn't come close.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:50 am

A friend of mine talked to one of the Rotting Christ members after a show and was told that they're not doing the cruise on 2020.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:06 am

mooyagi wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm
    Danny24601 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:22 pm
    cholernik wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:12 am

Based on what I've heard from both versions, no one has any interest in either. Like parents getting divorced and they both marry assholes. screw em.
    The new record from Derph's version is really good IMO, and sounds much more like the debut. I'd love to see that version on board.
    Yeah, it's a very good follow-up to the first album. The Bart material doesn't come close.
    I'll get around to listening to both one day. I've not heard good things about either but still, I've gotta make up my own mind.
    2020: Survivor
  • DudeBro
    Oiler

by DudeBro » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:29 am

S:2015, 2020

Airbourne + Babymetal + Crystal Viper + Dethklok + Enforcer + Eternal Champion + Grand Magus + Hell + Slough Feg + Magic Circle + Nekrogoblikon + Powerwolf + Stormwarrior + Sumerlands + The Sword + Visigoth
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:38 pm

DudeBro wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:29 am Arch Enemy ruled out?

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-a ... was-fired/
    Yeah I would say that this latest addition makes AE HIGHLY unlikely.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Cowboy 71
    Thanks for posing The Agonist link the article was interesting and the video by The Agonist that is in the link In Vertigo is very good !
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:10 am

DEVIN bringing in the drummer for MEGADETH *might* mean that Gene Hoglan is not onbroad, since he knows the material already.
    So no TESTAMENT, DETHKLOK, etc.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:15 am

Æther Realm - said no, maybe after the next album
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:20 am

I had no idea that all the updates were being compiled at the bottom of the thread, BTW.

“Shit adds up, shit adds up
    Shit adds up at the bottom”
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:22 am

mjb7e wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:36 pm Add Æther Realm as ruled out. I asked if we'd be hearing about a trip to Mexico SOON. The response was they'd love to play on the ship and perhaps it could happen after their next album is released.
    Liars.
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:47 pm

As a general rule you can't rely too much on bands just saying that they won't be on (hence why they get categorised as "OUT?"). Just because a band hasn't been booked yet doesn't mean they won't get booked later, and even if Andy tried to book them and they couldn't come to a deal doesn't mean that Andy won't come back later with a better deal.

And of course, once a band is booked they're probably under a contractual obligation not to leak the booking before it is announced. The easiest way to make damn sure you don't accidentally leak the booking is to just straight deny being booked when asked, rather than trying to engage in clever misdirections. So you can't really count any given band out unless they've booked conflicting dates.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:47 pm As a general rule you can't rely too much on bands just saying that they won't be on (hence why they get categorised as "OUT?"). Just because a band hasn't been booked yet doesn't mean they won't get booked later, and even if Andy tried to book them and they couldn't come to a deal doesn't mean that Andy won't come back later with a better deal.

And of course, once a band is booked they're probably under a contractual obligation not to leak the booking before it is announced. The easiest way to make damn sure you don't accidentally leak the booking is to just straight deny being booked when asked, rather than trying to engage in clever misdirections. So you can't really count any given band out unless they've booked conflicting dates.
    This. And they might even have other bands deny it too. At the pre party in 2015, the members of Korpiklaani adamantly denied that Wintersun are playing the cruise just 6 hours before they were announced.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:55 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:55 pm Are Omnium Gatherum really out? They share a guitarist with Insomnium, who has booked a fest in Finland, but Insomnium just went to three guitarists in the understanding that they'd generally only use two at a time. This was intended to allow Ville Friman to pursue his work at university while remaining in the band, but it's easily possible that Ville could make a one-off festival in Finland during the winter school break, leaving Markus free to play with Omnium. Or is that too much of a stretch? I guess we'll find out.
    Called it!
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:02 pm

Congrats, and happy for you
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:02 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:54 am Looks like Finntroll won’t be playing live any time soon.

I’ve never been so happy to be wrong.
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:32 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:02 am
    Jotunheimr wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:54 am Looks like Finntroll won’t be playing live any time soon.

They were using a short version of "for a while." :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:32 pm

It looks like they're using the same Andy-to-English translator the rest of us use. In a while means soon, and soon means in a while.
    2025:

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:54 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:42 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:32 pm
    It looks like they're using the same Andy-to-English translator the rest of us use. In a while means soon, and soon means in a while.
    Lol
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:21 pm

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:36 pm

AS I LAY DYING and DISCHARGE: touring
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:50 am

Yesterday I got to talk for a while to Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil after her gig in Barcelona. She told me that they are taking a small break at the beginning of 2020 and that it is completely ruled out that they will be onbroad.

By the way, she's absolutely awesome, nice and down-to-earth.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:59 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:50 am Yesterday I got to talk for a while to Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil after her gig in Barcelona. She told me that they are taking a small break at the beginning of 2020 and that it is completely ruled out that they will be onbroad.
    Well, of course she'd SAY that. :twisted:
    Yeah, she is. After a show here in Atlanta years ago she and Andrea Ferro chatted with us outside the venue for nearly a full hour. That was pretty awesome. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:54 pm

Abbath is ruled out , he had some serious problems at a recent concert in Argentina , and is entering a rehab program.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:50 am Yesterday I got to talk for a while to Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil after her gig in Barcelona. She told me that they are taking a small break at the beginning of 2020 and that it is completely ruled out that they will be onbroad.

Going for a cruise in the caribbean IS a small break :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:10 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm

lol, that's exactly what I was thinking.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:50 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:10 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm

lol, that's exactly what I was thinking.
    I predicted earlier that they will be onbroad, given the heavy (ironic) press tour for their new album.
    At this point, I’ll say: take your well-deserved break at home with friends and family. You worked hard for it.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Melechesh are out!

They begin a tour in January, starting in Germany on the 10th!

https://www.facebook.com/melechesh/phot ... =3&theater

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:58 am

Cardest wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:45 pm Melechesh are out!

I saw an old melechesh shirt in my closet the other day and I was like, they seem like a band that would be on the cruise. Welp, not this year.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:13 am

Sad really :(
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:16 pm

Ethrivas wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:13 am

Sad really :(
    Very sad. I was hoping they would get announced for this year.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

cholernik wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:58 am I saw an old melechesh shirt in my closet the other day and I was like, they seem like a band that would be on the cruise. Welp, not this year.
    They were great on the boat in 2015, my first year. I'd seen them before in Atlanta, but still... This hurts. GREAT fucking band.
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Cardest wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:45 pmMelechesh are out!
    Ah putain! :evil:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:00 pm

Totally!
    Saw them on that 2015 cruise too!
    Even though I don't like that small theater they played.
    Melechesh are a unique band for sure.
    2015 was my last cruise!
    2020 booked and ready for the insanity once again!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Cardest wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:00 pm Totally!
    I think they played a first-day show in the theater or the ice-rink, and it was awesome.
    As I hazily recall, that was the site of the infamous Big Red Dog incident.
    Important safety tip: please don't mess with the ship or its stuff (like Big Red Dog statues). That was an expensive lesson for those particular miscreants.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:53 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:02 pm
    I think they played a first-day show in the theater or the ice-rink, and it was awesome.
    Important safety tip: please don't mess with the ship or its stuff (like Big Red Dog statues). That was an expensive lesson for those particular miscreants.
    That’s one of my funniest ever cruise memories. I heard the guy who started the whole thing got banned from RCC. May he ride his red dog into battle once again.
    2025:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:00 pm

Throwing some interesting stats in here for comparative purposes:

70K 2019
    Number of Guests: 3092
    Musicians & Crew: 1036

BARGE TO HELL
    Number of Guests: 1223
    Musicians/Crew: 416
    Ship crew: 881
    Total number of people on board: 2520

70K 2013
    Number of Guests: 2037
    Musicians & Crew: 466
    Ship Crew Members: 892
    Total Number of Persons on Board: 3395
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:54 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:53 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:02 pm
    That’s one of my funniest ever cruise memories. I heard the guy who started the whole thing got banned from RCC. May he ride his red dog into battle once again.
    It was kinda funny at the time to watch, but Royal billed the two guys who did it at least $1,000 each. They were lucky they weren't disembarked.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:30 pm

From the Seasons of Mist label ( http://www.season-of-mist.com/live), all those bands are ruled out because touring:
    BLACK TUSK
    CANNABIS CORPSE
    ALL HELL
    BATUSHKA
    WITHERED
    ENTHRONED
    CARONTE
    SCHAMMASCH
    HEILUNG

Apart from the bands above, all those 140 bands are available: https://www.metal-archives.com/labels/ ... of_Mist/24

BOOK THEM, ANDY!!
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:20 pm

At this rate bands 37 - 60 can be ruled out
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:13 am

It seems like all the other bands out there can be ruled out...!
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor: