Post Reply 202 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2020?
    cowboy71
    Commander

What bands can be ruled out for 2020?

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm

Time to start this again! Figures in brackets are where the band was located on the 2020 combined wishlists.

DEFINITELY OUT - Touring, not touring, breaking up, etc :)
    Abinchova - splitting up (375th)
    Batushka - in-fighting between band members (103rd)
    Benediction - gig in Chile on the 10th of Jan (839th)
    Bon Jovi - Jon doing two cruises of his own
    Brothers of Metal - touring :( (155th)
    Cannabis Corpse - touring
    Carcass - touring (69th)
    Crimfall - calling it quits (542nd)
    Cripper - calling it quits (899th)
    Deafheaven - touring (924th)
    Elvenking - touring :( (106th)
    Fear Factory - Legal issues (107th)
    Heilung - gig in SF night of the 11th (438th)
    Hobbs Angel of Death - Pete passed away :(
    Insomnium - gig in Finland on the 10th (8th)
    Iron Reagan - members touring with Cannabis Corpse
    Lord of the lost - gig in Finland on the 10th (226th)
    Machinae Supremacy - gig in Finland on the 10th
    Majestica - have a tourdate in Japan on the 12th (1180th)
    Mayhem - gig in Israel on the 8th
    Megadeth - doing their own cruise
    Midnight - touring (465th)
    Morgoth - inactive until further notice due to differences and stuff (642nd)
    Municipal Waste - members touring with Cannabis Corpse
    Omnium Gatherum - If Insomnium are out, so are these guys (33rd)
    Power Trip - touring (88th)
    Pretty Maids - lead singer just been diagnosed with lung cancer :( (341st)
    Razor - touring (477th)
    Sabaton - No Majestica means no Tommy means, no Sabaton (6th)
    Sacrifice - touring (685th)
    Saxon - singer has a heart condition (141st)
    Suicidal Tendencies - No Pepsi
    Toxic Holocaust - touring (283rd)
    Vio-lence - touring (241st)
    Vorna - gig in Finland on the 10th
    Wormrot - touring Australia shortly after. Highly doubtful they would do so much travel.

OUT? - only because so-and-so said so, or maybe they are recording
    Æther Realm - said no, maybe after the next album
    Amon Amarth - parties in both camps do not see eye to eye. ALLEGEDLY "Johann has stated that on the first cruise they weren't paid what they were promised and it took them awhile to get it, Johann isn't a fan."
    Amorphis - said "definitely not" when asked.
    Avantasia - Tobias has turned it down previously.
    Demons & Wizards - Jon says no
    Frozen Crown - singer said no :( (133rd)
    Hammerfall - said no to multiple cruisers
    Myrkur - she pregrant
    Tengger Cavalry - member passed away :(
    Within Temptation - Razor asked Sharon. Sharon said no :(

OUT? - only because of band member losses
    Children of Bodom - major lineup changes

OUT? - All bands from MORC (Feb 8 - Feb 13) 2020:
    D-A-D
    Bang Tango
    Heavy Pettin'
    H.E.A.T
    Tyketto
    KIX
    Kingdom Come
    Slaughter
    Mac Sabbath
    Tokyo Motor Fist
    Pretty Maids
    Lynch Mob
    Black 'N Blue
    FireHouse
    Thunder
    Lizzy Borden
    British Lion
    Stryper
    Steelheart
    Heaven's Edge
    Keel
    Doro
    Russell Allen (Symphony X)

OUT? - Any bands announced for Shiprocked (Feb 1 - Feb 6) 2020:

OUT? - Any bands announced for Full Metal Cruise 2020:

OUT? - Any bands doing MegaCruise (Oct 13 - Oct 18) 2019 (could be contractual - hard to say although allegedly someone overheard on the cruise that bands were not allowed to play another cruise within 3 months of MegaCruise):
    Megadeth
    Anthrax
    Testament
    Lamb of God
    Queensryche
    Suicidal Tendencies
    Death Angel
    Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons
    Armored Saint
    Sacred Reich
    John 5
    DragonForce
    OverKill
    Corrosion of Conformity
    DevilDriver
    Doro
    Metal Church

OUT? - Any bands on Hell and Heaven Mexico lineup
    Powerwolf
    Jinjer
    Amon Amarth
    Katatonia
    Loudness
    Rhapsody

OUT! - All bands from 70k 2019 (because, that's the way it is, baby)
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 am, edited 34 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2020?

by Danny24601 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm
    Crimfall - calling it quits
    Oof, I had not heard they were breaking up until I saw this. Shame, cause I fucking loved Amain and the reasoning behind the breakup (finances) is just too real. A really cool, unique folk metal band that deserved a better shot than they ever got.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:16 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm ...
    cowboy71, you think this also includes all the bands on MegaCruise, some kind of legal agreement? Or just MegaDave?

MegaCruise Oct 13-18, 2019

Megadeth
    Anthrax
    Testament
    DragonForce
    OverKill
    Corrosion of Conformity
    DevilDriver
    Doro
    Metal Church
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Bob wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:16 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm ...
    cowboy71, you think this also includes all the bands on MegaCruise, some kind of legal agreement? Or just MegaDave?

MegaCruise Oct 13-18, 2019

Megadeth
    Anthrax
    Testament
    DragonForce
    OverKill
    Corrosion of Conformity
    DevilDriver
    Doro
    Metal Church
    Its hard to say - the change of date for 70k does put it that much closer to MegaCruise. So there could be a 'cannot do another cruise within 3 months of MegaCruise' then it would rule everyone out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:24 pm

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES is joining the competition again (MegaCruise), after MotorBoat and Shitrocked.
    Since they haven’t played on the boat by now, I’m starting to think they just don’t like 70K (perhaps Dave Lombardo gave them negative feedback).

But DEATH ANGEL is on MegaCruise too now and they’re regulars on 70K, so this adds more fuel to the question as to whether we should consider the two cruises mutually exclusive or not.
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:43 pm

Batushka - in-fighting between band members
    They might be a dramafest, but they've still got a bunch of dates booked in 2019 so I wouldn't count them out over it.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:09 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:24 pm SUICIDAL TENDENCIES is joining the competition again (MegaCruise), after MotorBoat and Shitrocked.
    Since they haven’t played on the boat by now, I’m starting to think they just don’t like 70K (perhaps Dave Lombardo gave them negative feedback).

But DEATH ANGEL is on MegaCruise too now and they’re regulars on 70K, so this adds more fuel to the question as to whether we should consider the two cruises mutually exclusive or not.
    This makes me wonder if Andy simply doesn't like Suicidal, or maybe he thinks they wouldn't be a good enough fit to justify their guarantee....
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:00 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:09 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:24 pm SUICIDAL TENDENCIES is joining the competition again (MegaCruise), after MotorBoat and Shitrocked.

This makes me wonder if Andy simply doesn't like Suicidal, or maybe he thinks they wouldn't be a good enough fit to justify their guarantee....
    I don’t know. I’ve posted before that they’re relatively affordable, and they used to be big in Europe as well.
    I myself have been a fan since 1988 in France.
    Last time I saw them in Seattle in 2016/17, the place was packed through the roof, and everybody was jumping up and down.

As for the fit, see for yourself with this show from Spain in 2017:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:10 pm

I don't think 'fit' would be an issue. They would be a better 'fit' for 70k than numerous others - eg DEAD CROSS!

I've never seen Suicidal - only one of Mike's many other projects, Infectious Grooves.

I would definitely be ok with Suicidal Tendencies on broad.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:43 am

Look at the end of this awesome show (timestamped link below, just click on it), when the audience joins the stage.
    Where have I seen this before? Oh yes, in the ice rink on broad of 70000 TONS OF METAL.
    So yes, “fit” is probably not the issue here, if there is an issue it’s between Andy and Mike.

https://youtu.be/CYZH7GcvAf0?t=58m
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:10 pm I don't think 'fit' would be an issue. They would be a better 'fit' for 70k than numerous others - eg DEAD CROSS!
    I've never seen Suicidal - only one of Mike's many other projects, Infectious Grooves.
    Me, too. They'd be a better fit than, say, D.A.D. :twisted:

Hmm, I think I know the problem. Royal Caribbean only offers Coca-Cola products onbroad their ships...but all Mike wants is a Pepsi. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Pellaz wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:59 pm ......
    Royal Caribbean only offers Coca-Cola products onbroad their ships...but all Mike wants is a Pepsi. :lol:
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm ......
    Suicidal Tendencies - No Pepsi
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:10 pm

You guys are funny :P

toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:55 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:10 pm I don't think 'fit' would be an issue. They would be a better 'fit' for 70k than numerous others - eg DEAD CROSS!

One of my favorite all-time shows was seeing ST open for Queensryche when they did the full Mindcrime set. I'd love to see ST again.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:15 pm Not a definite yes or no, but 2019 is probably our last chance to see UFO on the boat, after having received Michael Schenker and Uli Jon Roth:
    https://piercingmetal.com/breaking-ufos ... r-in-2019/
    “Phil Mogg has confirmed that next year’s 50th anniversary tour with UFO will be his last as the frontman of the long-running hard rock band. “
    “There will be a final tour of the UK and we will also play some shows in selected other cities that the band has a strong connection with. But outside of the UK this won’t be a long tour.”
    Very sad to hear that Paul Raymond passed away yesterday. Gotta listen to Strangers in the Night (one of the best live recordings ever - BTW, Wikipedia lists it as a Heavy Metal album) one more time.
    That's not what rules UFO out though, what rules them out is this:
    UFO have a series of European festival dates lined up in June and July, with a US tour in October, and a final show booked on 2020’s Rock Legends Cruise, which departs from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in February.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:55 pm

Interestingly, UFO (who like I said below is having their last show on the Rock Legends cruise in February) is playing at the MegaCruise pre-party in October, but not on the boat.
    This could indicate some contractual exclusivity clause.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:45 am

Destroyer666's Australian tour next month has been cancelled due to their .... "interesting" .... beliefs and opinions:

https://tonedeaf.thebrag.com/destroyer- ... cancelled/

I cannot imagine our Skipper would have any time for that sort of crap either so I reckon we can rule them out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:43 pm

They might be a dramafest, but they've still got a bunch of dates booked in 2019 so I wouldn't count them out over it.
    I tend to agree with this (and not just because Danny is my brother) - Batushka may be a drama llama, but until they start cancelling appearances over it I wouldn't rule them out.

I mean, their whole stage show may rule them out anyway, as RC *may* have opinions on blowing shittons of incense on the ship.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:09 am

MORC started announcing Wednesday, so that list will be able to be fleshed out somewhat this evening. Bands announced so far...
    D-A-D
    Bang Tango
    Heavy Pettin'
    H.E.A.T
    Tyketto
    KIX
    Kingdom Come
    Slaughter
    Mac Sabbath
    Tokyo Motor Fist
    Pretty Maids
    Lynch Mob
    Black 'N Blue
    FireHouse
    Thunder
    Lizzy Borden
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:25 pm

toby wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:09 am MORC started announcing Wednesday, so that list will be able to be fleshed out somewhat this evening. Bands announced so far...
    D-A-D
    Bang Tango
    Heavy Pettin'
    H.E.A.T
    Tyketto
    KIX
    Kingdom Come
    Slaughter
    Mac Sabbath
    Tokyo Motor Fist
    Pretty Maids
    Lynch Mob
    Black 'N Blue
    FireHouse
    Thunder
    Lizzy Borden
    Last updates for this weekend. They go on sale to last year's alum on 5/1. Alumni 5/2. General public supposedly 5/8.
    British Lion
    Stryper
    Steelheart
    Heaven's Edge
    Keel
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun May 12, 2019 2:29 pm

captaingabbeh wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 pm
    Danny24601 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:43 pm

I tend to agree with this (and not just because Danny is my brother) - Batushka may be a drama llama, but until they start cancelling appearances over it I wouldn't rule them out.

I mean, their whole stage show may rule them out anyway, as RC *may* have opinions on blowing shittons of incense on the ship.
    As of right now, a Polish court has ordered the version of Batushka that is booked for shows to cease operations while the court case works itself out. They said they will ignore the court order so stay tuned I guess. Can't see Andy booking them at this point until until something gets figured out.

Krzysztof Drabikowski has released a new track under the Batushka name. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJlcndLGc4Q
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Demons and Wizards annouced all 2020 tourdates, with the first show in May.
    Would have been a nice fit on ze boat.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Jaimie38 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:19 pm Demons and Wizards annouced all 2020 tourdates, with the first show in May.
    The dates I saw for Demons & Wizards were for 2019.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 pm
    Jaimie38 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:19 pm Demons and Wizards annouced all 2020 tourdates, with the first show in May.
    The dates I saw for Demons & Wizards were for 2019.
    What Sgt. B said
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 pm

I stand corrected!!

Hopefully, they will be on in 2020.

:beerwink:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:52 pm

mooyagi wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:29 pm Krzysztof Drabikowski has released a new track under the Batushka name. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJlcndLGc4Q
    Man, I heard this and the "Krysiuk Batushka" song and you can easily tell who is the mastermind behind that band
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Can add AVANTASIA to the 'because so-and-so said so' list.

Tobias has been asked to do the cruise previously and doesn't want to do it with Avantasia.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Can also probably add AMON AMARTH to that camp.

Allegedly there are factions in both camps (70K and AA) that do not see eye to eye, so them appearing on the cruise again is highly unlikely.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu May 16, 2019 7:50 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:01 pm Can also probably add AMON AMARTH to that camp.
    Allegedly there are factions in both camps (70K and AA) that do not see eye to eye, so them appearing on the cruise again is highly unlikely.
    :cry: :cry: :cry:
    2025 Wishlist:
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 am

Pellaz wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:50 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:01 pm Can also probably add AMON AMARTH to that camp.
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

Agreed :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have wanted to see them on the boat for so long! Damn it. At least I finally got to see them live recently.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:17 am

Agreed, AA would have been badass to see on the boat but these guys are constantly touring. Hell, I even bought the meet & greet package for their Houston show
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri May 17, 2019 7:32 pm

cegr80 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:17 am Agreed, AA would have been badass to see on the boat but these guys are constantly touring. Hell, I even bought the meet & greet package for their Houston show
    Sure, but for many metalheads "out there" in the world, the boat might be their only chance to see them. They've been the consistent Kings of the Wishlists for years now.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:06 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:52 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:29 pm Krzysztof Drabikowski has released a new track under the Batushka name. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJlcndLGc4Q
    Man, I heard this and the "Krysiuk Batushka" song and you can easily tell who is the mastermind behind that band
    Now that we have two Batushkas does that double their odds of being onbroad?
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:39 am

any possible Angra Reunion or Shaman Reunion is now out of question...

RIP Andre Matos :cry:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Mr.Kito wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:39 am any possible Angra Reunion or Shaman Reunion is now out of question...

Indeed, I still cannot believe how cruel life can be. Apparently he was agreeing on such reunions
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:07 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:50 pm
    Mr.Kito wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:39 am any possible Angra Reunion or Shaman Reunion is now out of question...

Indeed, I still cannot believe how cruel life can be. Apparently he was agreeing on such reunions
    Heart attack, and the dude was like 13 days younger than me. Scary shit, and so sad :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:29 pm

What's going on with Amon Amarth?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:29 pm What's going on with Amon Amarth?
    They’re currently touring, and will be in the US this fall with At the Gates and Arch Enemy. Super excited for that show.

Why, is something else going on?
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Gratch wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:47 pm
    Jotunheimr wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:29 pm What's going on with Amon Amarth?
    They’re currently touring, and will be in the US this fall with At the Gates and Arch Enemy. Super excited for that show.

Why, is something else going on?
    Maybe referring to my comment above?

Basically I heard through the grapevine that there were people within the 70K camp and the AA camp that do not see eye-to-eye, so chances of them ever being back on the boat are slim-to-none.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:20 pm

Does this rule Myrkur out for 2020?

Cancellation: Myrkur 19.06.2019
    Unfortunately we have to announce that MYRKUR has cancelled the gig at SUMMER BREEZE 2019.
    Our apologies to all those who were looking forward to seeing them.
    MYRKUR comments: “Unfortunately I will not be able to perform at this years Summer Breeze Open Air due to my pregnancy. I hope to come play next year instead!”
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
Post Reply 202 posts