Post Reply 202 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2020?
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2020?

by Phoenix » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 am

Memnoch wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:20 pm Does this rule Myrkur out for 2020?
    Depends on how pregnant Myrkur is.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Dick
    Oiler

by Dick » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:58 am

Wondering how Megacruise is gonna be affected by Mustaines cancer announcement.

edit
    Suppose I should have looked before pondering it.
    “Unfortunately, this requires that we cancel most shows this year. The 2019 Megacruise will happen, and the band will be a part of it in some form. All up-to-date information will be at megadeth.com as we get it. Megadeth will be back on the road ASAP.”
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:24 am

Dick wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:58 am Wondering how Megacruise is gonna be affected by Mustaines cancer announcement.

edit
    Suppose I should have looked before pondering it.
    “Unfortunately, this requires that we cancel most shows this year. The 2019 Megacruise will happen, and the band will be a part of it in some form. All up-to-date information will be at megadeth.com as we get it. Megadeth will be back on the road ASAP.”
    The cruise could certainly still be affected though. 'The band will be a part of it in some form' is pretty open ended. What if, for example, Megadeth performs without Mustaine? I would imagine a lot of people bought (very expensive) tickets primarily to see Megadeth.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:36 am

Downvod wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:24 am I would imagine a lot of people bought (very expensive) tickets primarily to see Megadeth.
    Me. I've never actually seen Megadeth live. Last time I was going when they played in my home town they cancelled at the last minute. The Megacruise was my chance to see them live, but if they don't it's really not that big of a deal for me. I like their music but I don't follow them so much, but I do respect their heritage and contributions. I'm more excited to try another similar-to-70K metal cruise. I know it won't compare to 70K, but I'm curious, for me it's a one-off just to try it.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:36 am

Tengger Cavalry - R.I.P. Nature G. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 am

Speedy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:36 am Tengger Cavalry - R.I.P. Nature G. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Sad news indeed :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Sacred Reich just dropped off MegaCruise due to "scheduling conflicts" so they fall off the ruled out list.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:41 am

toby wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:10 pm Sacred Reich just dropped off MegaCruise due to "scheduling conflicts" so they fall off the ruled out list.
    "We were gonna do your cruise, Dave, but we just checked our contract with this 70K cruise thing and we can't."

Nahhh. Not likely, but I suppose it's possible. :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:43 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:41 am
    toby wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:10 pm Sacred Reich just dropped off MegaCruise due to "scheduling conflicts" so they fall off the ruled out list.
    "We were gonna do your cruise, Dave, but we just checked our contract with this 70K cruise thing and we can't."

Sacred Reich is touring with Gwar for almost 2 months this fall in North America. The Megacruise was in the middle of that tour. I'm guessing they dropped that for a long tour to push their upcoming album.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:09 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:41 am

lol Well, I just meant they couldn't be ruled out. I don't think they dropped off BECAUSE of 70K. They have other tour dates until either November or December. That being said, I'm sure Dave's questionable status for the Cruise made their decision easier.
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:22 pm

Megadeth cancelled their appearance at Psycho Las Vegas due to Dave Mustaine's throat cancer prognosis. They cancelled their appearance on the Motorboat cruise not too long ago as well. Looks like this Megacruise is hanging on by a thread.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:49 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:22 pm Megadeth cancelled their appearance at Psycho Las Vegas due to Dave Mustaine's throat cancer prognosis. They cancelled their appearance on the Motorboat cruise not too long ago as well. Looks like this Megacruise is hanging on by a thread.
    They're going to participate in some way. The real question will be whether Dave can sing or perform at all.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:34 pm

Well I just found out that one of the Shylmagoghnar duo is a total recluse due to a undisclosed medical condition. So no hope for Shyl to be on the boat next year
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Dick
    Oiler

by Dick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:55 pm

toby wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:49 amThey're going to participate in some way. The real question will be whether Dave can sing or perform at all.
    It's gotta be discouraging to fans, because it's pretty much the whole point of the cruise. Why spend your money on that for what is arguably a lesser show now when you could save and go on something like 70k with three times as many bands. I wouldn't mind seeing some of their lineup, but personally there are dozens of bands I don't know about and would rather check out here just to spot something new. Just a thought, though.

Plus, it's just a bigger ship here, and size matters... amirite? If you're gonna vacation, go big or stay home, imo.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Apart from MEGADETH and SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, there isn’t much on the Megacruise that we haven’t seen on 70K, including most of the same bands at once in 2017 (which was epic for thrash fans).
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:01 pm

Pellaz, you have experience with cruise prices: is Megacruise much more expensive than 70K, or in the same ballpark?
  • Dick
    Oiler

by Dick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Godflesh wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:00 pm Apart from MEGADETH and SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, there isn’t much on the Megacruise that we haven’t seen on 70K, including most of the same bands at once in 2017 (which was epic for thrash fans).
    Seems to me the majority of fans going on it would be those who are big into Megadeth, and without Megadeth, what do you really have in the end?

But still, maybe he'll recover. I guess we don't know what will happen just yet, but seems a lot to risk.
    Pellaz, you have experience with cruise prices: is Megacruise much more expensive than 70K, or in the same ballpark?
    I know you didn't ask me, but I did just look at it and it seems to be about the same price. Though I paid less for my single balcony room than I would pay there, though that could be because of the discount.

Bottom line though is that you're right, without Megadeth, you pretty much just have a 1/3 of what 70k offers for basically the same price.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:49 pm

Dick wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:55 pm
    toby wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:49 amThey're going to participate in some way. The real question will be whether Dave can sing or perform at all.
    It's gotta be discouraging to fans, because it's pretty much the whole point of the cruise. Why spend your money on that for what is arguably a lesser show now when you could save and go on something like 70k with three times as many bands. I wouldn't mind seeing some of their lineup, but personally there are dozens of bands I don't know about and would rather check out here just to spot something new. Just a thought, though.

Plus, it's just a bigger ship here, and size matters... amirite? If you're gonna vacation, go big or stay home, imo.
    I'm glad scheduling didn't work out for me. The folks in the cabin I was supposed to be in were like someone let the air out of their tires when the announcement hit.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:52 pm

Godflesh wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:01 pm Pellaz, you have experience with cruise prices: is Megacruise much more expensive than 70K, or in the same ballpark?
    Slightly more expensive, but an extra day. That being said, a LOT less bands.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:33 pm

toby wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:52 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:01 pm Pellaz, you have experience with cruise prices: is Megacruise much more expensive than 70K, or in the same ballpark?
    Getting back late to the forum, but yep, pretty much that in a nutshell.

We gripe about the prices on 70K, but for what we are actually getting, it's a pretty good deal. Prices for, say, the Walker Stalker Cruise or Star Trek: The Cruise are substantially higher and they don't get what we get.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:23 am

Pellaz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:33 pm

We gripe about the prices on 70K, but for what we are actually getting, it's a pretty good deal. Prices for, say, the Walker Stalker Cruise or Star Trek: The Cruise are substantially higher and they don't get what we get.
    70K also does much better deals on paying in full. For MORC, the paid-in-full discount was like a flat 4%. The tiered survivor discount is much better. That's why 70K is going to get my 2020 cruise money.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Star Trek: The Cruise?? WAH??????
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:32 am

Jaimie38 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:42 pm

https://www.startrekthecruise.com -- it's sold out. Apparently you don't get the "amazing levels of interaction" with Trek actor-guests unless you pay extra. :shock:

Interestingly, the Walker Stalker Cruise (for fans of The Walking Dead) made its last sailing back in February. I have a friend who went on it every year...I'll have to ask her what happened and why it died.
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:45 am

SUCKS!

TWO bands off my wishlist ruled out in one go :(

ELVENKING and BROTHERS OF METAL touring Europe together during the cruise dates :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:56 am

Pellaz wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:32 am ...
    Interestingly, the Walker Stalker Cruise (for fans of The Walking Dead) made its last sailing back in February. I have a friend who went on it every year...I'll have to ask her what happened and why it died.
    What killed (Fear the) Walking Dead for me was Morgan's do-goodery. He has single-handedly ruined that show for me. The tonal shift, from gritty and complex to melodrama and rosy optimism, is jarring and unwelcome. Haha!

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:58 am

Less bands and it won't be a marathon like 70K, I might actually get proper sleep on MegaCruise.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:11 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:45 am SUCKS!

TWO bands off my wishlist ruled out in one go :(

ELVENKING and BROTHERS OF METAL touring Europe together during the cruise dates :(
    Yeah, that burns. I was really hoping for BoM.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:02 am

Pellaz wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:32 am

https://www.startrekthecruise.com -- it's sold out. Apparently you don't get the "amazing levels of interaction" with Trek actor-guests unless you pay extra. :shock:

I’ve been on the last 2 Star Trek cruises and I’m going on the next one as well. I never had to pay extra to interact with the actors. Only thing I can think of that you have to pay for is the photos and signatures, but they all hang out with everyone throughout the whole voyage. I’m pretty sure for the cheapest room 70k is still more money, but less days, but I’d have to double check the numbers.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      Tiki108
      Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am

ProgPower got exclusive 2020 US appearances for the following bands, so they can be ruled out. :-(

Conception
      The Night Flight Orchestra
      Eternal Tears of Sorrow
      Shattered Skies
      Turilli / Lione Rhapsody
      Ihsahn
      theGathering
      Arion

2024_Wishlist:

slayergeek
        Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 am

Tiki108 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am ProgPower got exclusive 2020 US appearances for the following bands, so they can be ruled out. :-(

Conception
        Eternal Tears of Sorrow
        Shattered Skies
        Turilli / Lione Rhapsody
        Ihsahn
        theGathering
        Arion
        Not into these bands, but I don't believe 70,000 Tons counts as a US Appearance. They will not in any sense of the word be performing in the US, so this clause should not rule them out in the least, unless these is specific wording about a cruise sailing from a US port.
        Survivor
        • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
        • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
        • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
        WishList
        • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
        cegr80
        Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:21 am

slayergeek wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 am
        Tiki108 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am ProgPower got exclusive 2020 US appearances for the following bands, so they can be ruled out. :-(

Conception
        Eternal Tears of Sorrow
        Shattered Skies
        Turilli / Lione Rhapsody
        Ihsahn
        theGathering
        Arion
        Not into these bands, but I don't believe 70,000 Tons counts as a US Appearance. They will not in any sense of the word be performing in the US, so this clause should not rule them out in the least, unless these is specific wording about a cruise sailing from a US port.
        What slayergeek said
        2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
        Tiki108
        Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 am

cegr80 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:21 am
        slayergeek wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 am

Conception
        Eternal Tears of Sorrow
        Shattered Skies
        Turilli / Lione Rhapsody
        Ihsahn
        theGathering
        Arion
        What slayergeek said
        True, now I’m going to dig into prior years to see if there ever has been any times where there’s been an exclusive US appearance, but a band still played 70k.

2024_Wishlist:

Ethrivas
          Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 am

Eternal Tears of Sorrow
          NooooOOOOOOOOO :(
          Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
          2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
          2023: Skip year
          cegr80
          Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:54 am

Tiki108 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 amTrue, now I’m going to dig into prior years to see if there ever has been any times where there’s been an exclusive US appearance, but a band still played 70k.
          I know it happened with Triosphere, but it was the other way around: First on 70K, then on PPUSA
          Pellaz
          Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:02 am

I’ve been on the last 2 Star Trek cruises and I’m going on the next one as well. I never had to pay extra to interact with the actors. Only thing I can think of that you have to pay for is the photos and signatures, but they all hang out with everyone throughout the whole voyage. I’m pretty sure for the cheapest room 70k is still more money, but less days, but I’d have to double check the numbers.
          Those photos and signatures are the "amazing levels of interaction" I was referring to...and they're not included in the cruise price.
          2025 Wishlist:
          Pellaz
          Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Conception
          Eternal Tears of Sorrow
          Shattered Skies
          Turilli / Lione Rhapsody
          Ihsahn
          theGathering
          Arion
          Was that mentioned in the roster presentation video, or was it mentioned online? I don't remember a distinction made between bands during the announcement video.

Also, as others have said, 70K isn't technically a US appearance. I'd love to see EToS, The Gathering or Ihsahn on the boat, but knowing they'll be here (Atlanta) next year is pretty awesome anyway if they ARE contractually barred.
          2025 Wishlist:
          Tiki108
          Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:02 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:32 pm
          Tiki108 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:02 am

Those photos and signatures are the "amazing levels of interaction" I was referring to...and they're not included in the cruise price.
          To be fair, the photos are the professional level photos that are printed out for you. Most of them are totally cool taking selfies around the boat with people. For this next cruise since I booked on the boat I am getting a photo with all of the Voyager crew included.

2024_Wishlist:

Tiki108
            Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Conception
            Eternal Tears of Sorrow
            Shattered Skies
            Turilli / Lione Rhapsody
            Ihsahn
            theGathering
            Arion
            Was that mentioned in the roster presentation video, or was it mentioned online? I don't remember a distinction made between bands during the announcement video.

Also, as others have said, 70K isn't technically a US appearance. I'd love to see EToS, The Gathering or Ihsahn on the boat, but knowing they'll be here (Atlanta) next year is pretty awesome anyway if they ARE contractually barred.
            It’s on their FB page which ones are US exclusive. And I would definitely love if they could be on 70k, but I just assumed the US exclusive might rule them out. I’m definitely going to look into it more tomorrow when I’m bored at work.

2024_Wishlist:

Pellaz
              Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:41 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:12 pm ProgPower got exclusive 2020 US appearances for the following bands, so they can be ruled out. :-(

Conception
              Eternal Tears of Sorrow
              Shattered Skies
              Turilli / Lione Rhapsody
              Ihsahn
              theGathering
              Arion
              [.......]
              It’s on their FB page which ones are US exclusive. And I would definitely love if they could be on 70k, but I just assumed the US exclusive might rule them out. I’m definitely going to look into it more tomorrow when I’m bored at work.
              Aha, okay, didn't see that. Glenn usually puts that info in the roster announcement video. That is REALLY nifty, since exclusive one-offs aren't cheap.
              2025 Wishlist:
              Tiki108
              Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:46 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:41 pm
              Tiki108 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:12 pm ProgPower got exclusive 2020 US appearances for the following bands, so they can be ruled out. :-(

Conception
              Eternal Tears of Sorrow
              Shattered Skies
              Turilli / Lione Rhapsody
              Ihsahn
              theGathering
              Arion
              [.......]
              Aha, okay, didn't see that. Glenn usually puts that info in the roster announcement video. That is REALLY nifty, since exclusive one-offs aren't cheap.
              For sure! I’ll definitely be there again next year!

2024_Wishlist: