Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Cheap hotel and miami-Ft lauderdale travel
    Dragor
    Oiler

Cheap hotel and miami-Ft lauderdale travel

by Dragor » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi guys:
    I've been in 70000 tons a few times with my father. It has been a few years since I went last time and this year I'm going with my girlfriend.
    We are in a tight budget so I wanted to ask if anyone knows a nice, cheap hotel in miami or ft lauderdale.
    Also I wanted to know if someone is organizing a group travel from miami to Ft lauderdale or if anyone knows of another way to travel cheaper, I'm going to need to travel before and after the cruise because the international flights go to miami.
    Thank you very much :viking:
    RhapsodyOfFire-Skiltron-VisionDivine-LucaTurilli'sRhapsody-DarkMoor-Pathfinder-DamnationAngels-Derdian-Alestorm-BlindGuardian-Dalriada-DemonsAndWizards-DieApokalyptischenReiter-DivinityCompromised-DreamTheater-Elvenking-Haggard-Hammerfall-Heaven's.cry-Ignis.fatuu-Kamelot-Rage(LinguaMortis)-Manowar-Masterplan-Metasoll-NotaProfana-Pellek
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

Re: Cheap hotel and miami-Ft lauderdale travel

by AstridDragon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Dragor wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:19 pm Hi guys:
    I've been in 70000 tons a few times with my father. It has been a few years since I went last time and this year I'm going with my girlfriend.
    We are in a tight budget so I wanted to ask if anyone knows a nice, cheap hotel in miami or ft lauderdale.
    Also I wanted to know if someone is organizing a group travel from miami to Ft lauderdale or if anyone knows of another way to travel cheaper, I'm going to need to travel before and after the cruise because the international flights go to miami.
    Thank you very much :viking:
    I've never found a hotel cheaper than AirBNB. Just read the reviews carefully. You can usually get them for 50-80 a night in the miami area. They are lower in FLL. 45-60/night. Although that might be slightly higher with two people. Hostels or hostel style airbnb are even cheaper but not my cup of tea.

I recently discovered public transit travel between FLL and Miami is extremely cheap and goes between the two airports, so that I think might be a good option for you all. Stay in FLL, take the train down to Miami to leave. It's called the Tri-Rail.

If you have extra time before the cruise, the day before is the beach party and you could do it pretty cheaply if you wanted to. I don't know if you've gone before, if you've been on the cruise. Most cruisers recommend not missing it, and if you're flying in to Miami that should be easy! There are cruiser organized buses from Miami to FLL for the cruise :)

The afterparties are in FLL so that makes that easy if you have time!
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Cheap hotel and miami-Ft lauderdale travel

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:20 pm

I highly recommend The Tropics Hotel/Hostel. Stayed there numerous occasions. Lots of cruisers (and bands) tend to stay there.

It's a good location, and prices are right. Can go extra-cheap and share a hostel room, or pay a bit extra for a bit more:

https://www.tropicshotel.com/
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1