Post Reply 25 posts Page 1 of 1
Gimmick/thematic metal bands
  • Tehrin
    Wiper

Gimmick/thematic metal bands

by Tehrin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:57 am

Hey guys, just wondering what bands with a gimmick/theme are out there that you would like to see on 70 000 of metal especially.
    Here is a list of 3 to start the thread of some I would like to see there, 2 already famous (already came to 70 000, but couldn't see) and 1 new band to be fair to the underground scene.

Nekrogoblikon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q3ub1SUYfg
    The infamous "Goblin" gimmick band with a suiting song about that same topic, no introduction needed to this melodic/death/metalcore band.

Dallian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CvP-pW ... MzFa1Ufb3f
    A new "Dark Steampunk" band (couldn't find any others in this sub-category, if there are any comment below) with a more serious style they fit into Prog/death/symphonic/world music.

Alestorm
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TKyNTwD3Yk
    Another one that needs no introductions, these metal pirates seem to be in every known festival, creating an incredible atmosphere and mosh pits all around with their folky/ power metal sound.
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

Re: Gimmick/thematic metal bands

by Donutsauce » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:09 am

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:43 am

Belzebubs. They are filling the void left by Dethklok. Virtual blackened melodic death metal band
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:58 am

cegr80 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:43 am Belzebubs. They are filling the void left by Dethklok. Virtual blackened melodic death metal band
    Is that the same as the comics? I didn't know there was music too, woooo!
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:52 am

AstridDragon wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:58 am
    cegr80 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:43 am Belzebubs. They are filling the void left by Dethklok. Virtual blackened melodic death metal band
    Oh yes, they released their debut album "Pantheon of the Nightside Gods" two months ago. It's actually quite good
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:08 am

Great music, and hilarious music videos :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxzb00dqNg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkdkZN1rduo
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Tehrin wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:57 am Dallian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CvP-pW ... MzFa1Ufb3f
    A new "Dark Steampunk" band (couldn't find any others in this sub-category, if there are any comment below) with a more serious style they fit into Prog/death/symphonic/world music.
    If you like this, check out Atlas Pain. They've got a similar theatrical, steampunk-y vibe. "Tales of a Pathfinder" might be my favorite album released so far in 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_qritsuLdg

I'd also throw out Mechina. It's sci-fi metal, basically what you'd get if you combined death metal with the Mass Effect soundtrack.
    Their albums have told this very cool, ongoing sci-fi story (you can get a summary here). They've got a new one coming out soon, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATH02wcDFCc
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:06 am

Russkaja - Russian Turbo Polka Metal

I just discovered them, pretty fun so far.

https://youtu.be/BVWfqOSdzs4

https://youtu.be/6PCK0uMfMAw
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:37 am

I really like what I'm hearing from Pantheon.
    And the personnel involved (sorta quietly) are pretty kick-ass.

Belzebubs for 70K! :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:52 am
    Oh yes, they released their debut album "Pantheon of the Nightside Gods" two months ago. It's actually quite good
    OH shit yaaaay, must go listen.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:15 pm

Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:37 am

Eat The Turnbuckle - hardcore wrestling themed band. Probably not allowed to do this on the boat but easily the most entertaining band I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p_uHZR_bRM
    2016: 2314
    2017: 6661
    2018: 2364
    2019: 7630

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:06 am

A tribute band I'd love to see on 70K is The Iron Maidens.
    We will absolutely never see Iron Maiden on board.

Saw the Maidens in my home town last year, they were one of the funnest bands, plus it made it gurly-night at the venue hosting them.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:31 am

Feuerschwanz are really fun! I saw them at Wacken Winter Nights this year, and I had their most recent album on repeat for a good chunk of the winter and spring. They are super gimmicky, in a good way. I'd love to have them on the boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-A5clw2N3E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsHp-lFKVc
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:45 pm

I'd be down for Psychostick to return. Both their sets in 2018 were killer.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm

I would love to see Nanowar of Steel on board. I guess their gimmick would be "Comically Gay", but their last album is really solid power metal, and their new song would be a perfect fit for the cruise with its blend of metal and reggae https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0YXfeNxJJ0
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:48 pm

ExtraneouS wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm I would love to see Nanowar of Steel on board. I guess their gimmick would be "Comically Gay", but their last album is really solid power metal, and their new song would be a perfect fit for the cruise with its blend of metal and reggae https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0YXfeNxJJ0
    YES! I just learned about this band the other day!

+1 for Nanowar.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:27 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:15 pm Need LAGERSTEIN on broad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0QE6WOf4RE
    I didn't know them so thanks for the find ! They sure must be fun live and would fit well on 70k but I guess I'll see them before as they happen to have a release show in my Lyon on aug. 27th :beerbang:
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:30 pm

What about Galactic Empire ? Sure it's instrumental only but i'd catch a set...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nohQReM7BpI
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:22 pm

GWAR is on tour until November, and I think they would be a fine addition as the gimmicky band.
    I don’t listen to them though. They’re the only CD I broke in half after buying in the early 90s, that’s how much I hated it. From what I heard on the radio, they seem to have improved though.
    They’re touring with SACRED REICH, and I’m really hoping for that band onbroad.
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:59 am

Godflesh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:22 pm GWAR is on tour until November, and I think they would be a fine addition as the gimmicky band.
    I don’t listen to them though. They’re the only CD I broke in half after buying in the early 90s, that’s how much I hated it. From what I heard on the radio, they seem to have improved though.
    Would be totally awesome seeing fake blood sprayed all over the pool deck! Not sure they'd let it happen.

You're right, they improved. Check out the War Party album.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:44 pm

FROG LEAP looked like a lot of fun at the European festivals (https://youtu.be/aQVPcFwdAn0), and they play the CRANBERRIES version of “Wash your hands”!
    They would fit the gimmicky bill nicely, IMO.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:36 am

Zed3 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:30 pm What about Galactic Empire ? Sure it's instrumental only but i'd catch a set...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nohQReM7BpI
    I saw them at Graspop 2018. I am a SW fan-boi and yet it got boring after 1-2 songs.
    Sad but true. So no.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:05 am

Donutsauce wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:59 am
    Godflesh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:22 pm GWAR is on tour until November, and I think they would be a fine addition as the gimmicky band.
    Would be totally awesome seeing fake blood sprayed all over the pool deck! Not sure they'd let it happen.

You're right, they improved. Check out the War Party album.
    Ghoul was dumping blood on people, though not nearly as much as Gwar typically uses. They also didn't play the pool deck.
    2016: 2314
    2017: 6661
    2018: 2364
    2019: 7630

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 am

Godflesh wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:44 pm FROG LEAP looked like a lot of fun at the European festivals (https://youtu.be/aQVPcFwdAn0), and they play the CRANBERRIES version of “Wash your hands”!
    They would fit the gimmicky bill nicely, IMO.
    I really want FROG LEAP onbroad as a party band.
    Please, Andy? I promise they’re cheap.

This one starts light, but ends awesome:
Post Reply 25 posts Page 1 of 1