Post Reply 45 posts
Poll: Now that UMC has blown their own deadline for the first time, do you think they owe us the truth?
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Poll: Now that UMC has blown their own deadline for the first time, do you think they owe us the truth?

by Pellaz » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:12 pm

#2 and #6 for me, with a growing side of #3.
    Heck, if something REALLY happened to the cruise I could take the dates off work and a portion of the money I've saved up for 70K and spend several days at Universal Studios Florida or something.
    General Zod wrote:
    Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:22 am
    I've been a #3 going on three years now. Having attended Wacken and Sweden Rock, DecibelFest and Psycho Las Vegas each of the last the years, roughly 20 ProgPowers, and a pair of 70Ks, I can say without hesitation, Andy is worst promoter in the business. It's why I no longer go on the cruise. I just refuse to support, with my dollars, businesses that are run by morons. While I genuinely hope, for the sake of all the fans who love this festival, that 2020 is another good year, I will smile widely if this festival comes crashing down on his head. It's nothing less than he deserves.
    Completely agree with that except that I'm still planning on going on 70K...at least at the moment. For the future.....who knows.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Poll: Now that UMC has blown their own deadline for the first time, do you think they owe us the truth?

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:08 pm

Yeah solid sentiment that.

I would say that this 70k might be my swansong. Maybe check out other cruises like Monsters of Rock or Full Metal Cruise in future, or even hit up a Progpower, or Japan, or Europe.

Plenty of other places out there that want my money :)
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 pm

Results so far:
    1) Yes
    2) Fuck yes
    3) I don’t care anymore, I’m off to Megacruise/other music cruises/European festivals
    4) What the fuck is UMC?
    5) Andy *always* delivers, grow up and stop bitching
    6) Take my money, please!

So, after 1000 views, out of 25 responses (some multiple):
    - Give us answers: 44%
    - Bye bye: 24%
    - Have faith: 32%

Given that the torches and pitchforks crowd didn’t get a majority, I guess UMC can keep on with their fuckery.
    The people haz spoken.

OR, you could interpret that as 68% of responses saying that people are not happy.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Candiria-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Death.DTA-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Frog.Leap-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-Twilight.Of.The.Gods-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:41 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:08 pm
    Yeah solid sentiment that.

I would say that this 70k might be my swansong. Maybe check out other cruises like Monsters of Rock or Full Metal Cruise in future, or even hit up a Progpower, or Japan, or Europe.

Plenty of other places out there that want my money :)
    If you decide to hit up ProgPower USA, let me know. We'll take care of you right.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Amalu
    Petty Officer

by Amalu » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:56 am

So if the payment terms have been updated on a page that was linked in last year's booking codes mail, that tells me that they are actually preparing those mails.

Still October 3rd is cutting it pretty close. I would say that the time advantage survivors get will be much shorter this year. Expect only a few hours of Gold booking before Silver (or maybe even only one "Survivor"-tier) and short there after public sales.

I imaging that maybe the IT partner is at fault here. IF it was always the plan to have "Survivor" sales and public sales, server loads are going to be much higher. Could be that an upgrade to the booking system took longer than expected. But this is just me wild guessing here. ;)
    Upcomming gigs 2019: E.A.V.; Korpiklaani; Manowar; Wacken 2019; PFF 2019