Post Reply 9 posts Page 1 of 1
Serious Concerns
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

Serious Concerns

by Tiki108 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:09 pm

I know this won't really do anything, but I'm just going to vent because why the fuck not.

I know that 70k says things are still going to happen and I believe those who run the social media pages might believe that, but with the way Thomas Cook airlines filed bankruptcy and several employees said they found out they lost their jobs via a fb post, it just has me worried.

My husband hasn't wanted to go for years and we've never been on together, but we met cause of mutual friends that we made from the cruise. He hasn't liked how delayed announcements have been and only wanted to go if the line up was good, but we've always made other plans by the time a band got announced that we really wanted to see. He agreed to book blindly this time for me though since I told him how important it was that we go at least once together. Now I'm wondering if it'll even happen and I'm just getting bummed out at this point.

So, that's my rant, here's to hoping all this worrying was for nothing and bands and booking codes happen quickly.
    70K: 2014
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Trveheim: 2018

2020_Wishlist:
      Aeternus-/-Ahab-/-Almah-/-Angel.Dust-/-Astral.Doors-/-At.The.Gates-/-Avantasia-/-Avatarium-/-Axel.Rudi.Pell-/-Behemoth-/-Black.Majesty-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carpathian.Forest-/-Circle.II.Circle-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Coffins-/-Conception-/-Crystal.Eyes-/-Dark.Angel-/-Dark.Fortress-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Darkthrone-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Dragonland-/-Dream.Evil-/-Dream.Theater-/-Edguy-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epysode-/-Exhorder-/-Falkenbach-/-Forest.Stream-/-Gamma.Ray-/-God.Dethroned-/-Grailknights-/-Grand.Magus-/-Green.Carnation-/-Hammerfall-/-Heaven.Shall.Burn-/-Helloween-/-Iced.Earth-/-Impaled.Nazarene-/-Insomnium-/-Iron.Savior-/-Isole-/-Jag.Panzer-/-Kalmah-/-Katatonia-/-King.Diamond-/-Kreator-/-Lacrimosa-/-Legion.of.the.Damned-/-Lunatica-/-Marduk-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Mortification-/-Mournful.Congregation-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nocturnal.Rites-/-Now.or.Never-/-Powerwolf-/-Psyclon.Nine-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Savatage-/-Saviour.Machine-/-Serenity.in.Murder-/-Seven.Witches-/-Seventh.Wonder-/-Sodom-/-Stratovarius-/-Svart.Crown-/-Taake-/-Tad.Morose-/-Triptykon-/-Týr-/-Ulcerate-/-Unisonic-/-Vanishing.Point-/-Virgin.Black-/-Voyager-/-Whispered-/-Wolfheart-/-Wuthering.Heights-/-Zornheym
    • Bolt_Thrower
      Petty Officer

Re: Serious Concerns

by Bolt_Thrower » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:58 pm

It will happen. And there will be at least 20 bands you’ll want to see. We’ll be fine.
    • Bolt_Thrower
      Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:01 pm

I think the holdup is that the other members of SLAYER are trying to convince Tom to do this. :lol:
    • Donutsauce
      Crewman

by Donutsauce » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:16 pm

Jaimie38
      Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:33 pm

This will be my ninth 70k, and this is really unusual. Has anyone actually talked to anyone there? Not the bot response in an email?>
      8 Time Vet.
      Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
      DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
      TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:25 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:
      Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:33 pm
      This will be my ninth 70k, and this is really unusual. Has anyone actually talked to anyone there? Not the bot response in an email?>
      Some of the responses I've seen, appear to be from an actual human rather than a bot. But I dunno, even those, reading between the lines seem like:

Upcoming Gigs:
      2020 Wishlist
      Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
      Amalu
      Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:40 pm

My biggest concern is that there is actually nothing going wrong. That would mean that UMC just doesn't care about the valid concerns of their customers.

I mean terms and conditions were set quite a while ago. During planing someone thought of the great idea to start announcing on the 1st of October as a reference to the first and the tenth cruise. And the whole UMC team went with it and just didn't give a rat's ass about changing the dates on the website.

I think that this is actually a pretty likely scenario.

If they would be facing financial issues, they would just open booking and have a nice cash flow going.
      Upcomming gigs 2019: E.A.V.; Korpiklaani; Manowar; Wacken 2019; PFF 2019
      Tiki108
      Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:42 am

Amalu wrote:
      Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:40 pm
      My biggest concern is that there is actually nothing going wrong. That would mean that UMC just doesn't care about the valid concerns of their customers.

I mean terms and conditions were set quite a while ago. During planing someone thought of the great idea to start announcing on the 1st of October as a reference to the first and the tenth cruise. And the whole UMC team went with it and just didn't give a rat's ass about changing the dates on the website.

I think that this is actually a pretty likely scenario.

If they would be facing financial issues, they would just open booking and have a nice cash flow going.
      I really hope that you are correct, but it's just frustrating regardless of the reason. After this year I'm going to be heavily line up driven, but I may not bother going back on the boat unless they start managing it better.
      70K: 2014
      MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
      Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
      Party.San: 2015
      ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
      Trveheim: 2018

2020_Wishlist:
        Aeternus-/-Ahab-/-Almah-/-Angel.Dust-/-Astral.Doors-/-At.The.Gates-/-Avantasia-/-Avatarium-/-Axel.Rudi.Pell-/-Behemoth-/-Black.Majesty-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carpathian.Forest-/-Circle.II.Circle-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Coffins-/-Conception-/-Crystal.Eyes-/-Dark.Angel-/-Dark.Fortress-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Darkthrone-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Dragonland-/-Dream.Evil-/-Dream.Theater-/-Edguy-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epysode-/-Exhorder-/-Falkenbach-/-Forest.Stream-/-Gamma.Ray-/-God.Dethroned-/-Grailknights-/-Grand.Magus-/-Green.Carnation-/-Hammerfall-/-Heaven.Shall.Burn-/-Helloween-/-Iced.Earth-/-Impaled.Nazarene-/-Insomnium-/-Iron.Savior-/-Isole-/-Jag.Panzer-/-Kalmah-/-Katatonia-/-King.Diamond-/-Kreator-/-Lacrimosa-/-Legion.of.the.Damned-/-Lunatica-/-Marduk-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Mortification-/-Mournful.Congregation-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nocturnal.Rites-/-Now.or.Never-/-Powerwolf-/-Psyclon.Nine-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Savatage-/-Saviour.Machine-/-Serenity.in.Murder-/-Seven.Witches-/-Seventh.Wonder-/-Sodom-/-Stratovarius-/-Svart.Crown-/-Taake-/-Tad.Morose-/-Triptykon-/-Týr-/-Ulcerate-/-Unisonic-/-Vanishing.Point-/-Virgin.Black-/-Voyager-/-Whispered-/-Wolfheart-/-Wuthering.Heights-/-Zornheym
        cegr80
        Midshipman

by cegr80 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:51 am

Don't know about you guys, but this has been a nightmare. I don't like to be a drama queen, but it just feels wrong. The fact that UMC keeps saying all is good but we know nothing at this point makes me restless af
        2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
        2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701
        2019: Survivor - Cabin #7340

2020 Wishlist: Alkaloid+Arcturus+Augury+Avatar+Be'lakor+Belzebubs+BlackCrownInitiate+Borknagar+Candlemass+CthoniC+DimmuBorgir+Emperor+FirstFragment+Galaktikon+Gorod+Helmet+Ihsahn+Inferi+IrreversibleMechanism+Kaoteon+KeepOfKalessin+LochVostok+Melechesh+Micawber+Nightwish+NovembersDoom+NocnyKochanek+Prong+Pyrexia+Sarke+ShapeTheAbove+Shining(Nor)+Slugdge+SulphurAeon+TheKovenant+TombMold+Virvum+Wardehns
      Post Reply 9 posts Page 1 of 1