Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: A Vigil Under The Caribbean Sky

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:11 pm

LEAVES EYES - a solid repeat.
    CANDLEMASS - an okay repeat.

We have repeats so far from every year other than 2019 (obviously) and 2013.

METAL CHURCH were on in 2013, so they're next :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Now I want Melechesh
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 pm

I'll take a Monstrosity repeat from 2015, since we are doing repeats, they put out a new album ‘The Passage Of Existence’ late 2018 and did the california-deathfest-2019 back in the july :metalguy:
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2023 - Deck 10 cheap room 4 walls no window
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm

mindgrind wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 pm I'll take a Monstrosity repeat from 2015, since we are doing repeats, they put out a new album ‘The Passage Of Existence’ late 2018 and did the california-deathfest-2019 back in the july :metalguy:
    anyone else notice when ya do a post its a hour off.. says it was posted 6:30 when it was 7:30 let's do the time warp again....
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:43 pm

and thanks for the Candlemass ad, i watch the Epicus Doomicus Metallicus show from the The Majesty of the Seas 2012 at least 2 times a month :D
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:44 pm

mindgrind wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm anyone else notice when ya do a post its a hour off.. says it was posted 6:30 when it was 7:30 let's do the time warp again....
    User Control Panel > Board Preferences has timezone settings. Mine said UTC-8 without a timezone location, so I guess there was no automatic Daylight Savings Time switch. I switched to UTC-7 on the first dropdown and selected America/Los Angeles on the second, so hopefully it'll fall back correctly on November 3.
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:57 pm

JamieS wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:44 pm
    mindgrind wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm anyone else notice when ya do a post its a hour off.. says it was posted 6:30 when it was 7:30 let's do the time warp again....
    User Control Panel > Board Preferences has timezone settings. Mine said UTC-8 without a timezone location, so I guess there was no automatic Daylight Savings Time switch. I switched to UTC-7 on the first dropdown and selected America/Los Angeles on the second, so hopefully it'll fall back correctly on November 3.
    That was a fast come back, you sure you don't want a job helping everyone else with the bookings? I've been on the phone over 6 1/2 hours with them on hold...thanks
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:03 pm

Myriath would be very cool.
    A north African band would be a historical moment for sure.

M -

I hope we get some first timer bands!
    Not just Emperor.

Mammoth Storm (Sweden) would be one cool addition.
    MASTERS HAMMER (Czechia)

MERCYFUL FATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Too many repeats and they are bands I wouldnt go see for free let alone fly to Florida and get on a boat for. C'mon Andy!
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:32 pm

Hoping the M is one of Manegarm, Marduk, Mgla, Moonsorrow, Morbid Angel :beerhorns:
    2020.Wishlist:1349-Abbath-Abigail.Williams-Adorned.Brood-Aether.Realm-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-And.Hell.Followed.With-Angelmaker-Antropomorphia-Any.Fabio.Lione/Turilli.band-Archspire-At.The.Gates-Aversions.Crown-Behemoth-Belphegor-Black.Crown.Initiate-Blind.Guardian-Borknagar-Cannibal.Corpse-Carach.Angren-Carnifex-Carpathian.Forest-Cattle.Decapatation-Celtachor-Children.of.Bodom-Cloak-Cradle.of.Filth-Cruachan—Demons.and.Wizards-Depths.of.Hatred-Dimmu.Borgir-Disentomb-Dragonland-Drudkh-Dying.Fetus-Emperor-Enslaved-Enterprise.Earth-Ereb.Altor-Fit.For.An.Autopsy-Goatwhore-Hate-Heathen.Foray-Iced.Earth-Incantation-Ingested-Kampfar-King.of.Asgard-Lorna.Shore-Manegarm-Marduk-Mgla-Moonsorrow-Phil.Anselmo.And.The.Illegals-Rivers.of.Nihil-Satyricon-Scour-Shadow.of.Intent-Signs.of.the.Swarm-Suffocation-Swashbuckle-The.Faceless-Thyrfing-Tsjuder-Uada-Unleashed-Vale.of.Pnath-Valhalore-Varg-Visceral.Disgorge-Vitriol-Vreid-Vulvodynia-Watain-Winterfylethal-Wintersun-Wolfchant-Wolves.In.The.Throne.Room-Wormwitch

2019: Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:40 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:41 pm Now I want Melechesh
    There are a lot of M bands in my wish-list. Melechesh, Meshuggah, Mezarkabul, Moonspell, Myrath... And quite a few other M bands that I wouldn't mind at all, like Morbid Angel. :beerbang:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:02 pm

Maybe after all my years of begging and pleading, Andy will finally give me MAGNUM

:D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Maybe all these repeats are a way to throw off a few survivors!??

So that by the time public sales goes up, they have a chance to book some cabins.

Then, after public sales are behind us, we'll get a couple of first timer bands on broad!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Marmotte
    Oiler

by Marmotte » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:22 pm

Moonspell, Myrath, Madder Mortem
    :D
    Whishlist: Powerwolf, Moonspell, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Turisas, Katatonia, Circus Maximus, BabyMetal, Myrath, Iced Earth, Arch Enemy
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Moonsorrow would make me very happy. It’s probably Metal Church.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:31 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:14 pm Moonsorrow would make me very happy. It’s probably Metal Church.
    Really hoping for Moonsorrow as well. Also Manegarm would be sweet
    2020.Wishlist:1349-Abbath-Abigail.Williams-Adorned.Brood-Aether.Realm-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-And.Hell.Followed.With-Angelmaker-Antropomorphia-Any.Fabio.Lione/Turilli.band-Archspire-At.The.Gates-Aversions.Crown-Behemoth-Belphegor-Black.Crown.Initiate-Blind.Guardian-Borknagar-Cannibal.Corpse-Carach.Angren-Carnifex-Carpathian.Forest-Cattle.Decapatation-Celtachor-Children.of.Bodom-Cloak-Cradle.of.Filth-Cruachan—Demons.and.Wizards-Depths.of.Hatred-Dimmu.Borgir-Disentomb-Dragonland-Drudkh-Dying.Fetus-Emperor-Enslaved-Enterprise.Earth-Ereb.Altor-Fit.For.An.Autopsy-Goatwhore-Hate-Heathen.Foray-Iced.Earth-Incantation-Ingested-Kampfar-King.of.Asgard-Lorna.Shore-Manegarm-Marduk-Mgla-Moonsorrow-Phil.Anselmo.And.The.Illegals-Rivers.of.Nihil-Satyricon-Scour-Shadow.of.Intent-Signs.of.the.Swarm-Suffocation-Swashbuckle-The.Faceless-Thyrfing-Tsjuder-Uada-Unleashed-Vale.of.Pnath-Valhalore-Varg-Visceral.Disgorge-Vitriol-Vreid-Vulvodynia-Watain-Winterfylethal-Wintersun-Wolfchant-Wolves.In.The.Throne.Room-Wormwitch

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:56 pm

Fuck, this CANDLEMASS announcement took me by surprise.
    I bought their debut album upon release in 1986, and know every note of it, and most lyrics, by heart.
    You could call this a bucket band. And it’s the return of the original singer, to boot.
    Still not booking, even though if I don’t book by Saturday, I lose my 10% gold discount.
    This year I got 8 bands from my wishlist, and it still ended up being the weakest lineup in 5 years for me.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:06 am

Cimmerian wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:32 pm Hoping the M is one of Manegarm, Marduk, Mgla, Moonsorrow, Morbid Angel :beerhorns:
    That is a good M-list.
    Melechesh or Moonshade to add some alternatives :beerwink:
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:32 am

Still haven't received my booking confirmation.

*sigh* DON'T THEY KNOW WHO I AM???!!!???

:lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:49 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:32 am Still haven't received my booking confirmation.

*sigh* DON'T THEY KNOW WHO I AM???!!!???

:lol:
    I'm still waiting as well. Took me a little over an hour to book so I'm sure I'm down the list a ways.
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:09 am

elj4176 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:14 pm Too many repeats and they are bands I wouldnt go see for free let alone fly to Florida and get on a boat for. C'mon Andy!
    If I was really bored, I might go see Candlemass but they've just never been my kind of doom.

So yeah, I'm about 1/14 at this point. Pretty sure Andy doesn't want me anywhere near his boats anymore. All good. Can't afford it now anyways. May have a home purchase in the not too distant future.

M bands to shake me out of my no go at least a little ...

Ministry, Monster Magnet, Municipal Waste, Metal Inquisitor and, of course, Mercyful Fate (seeing King Diamond here in a month though so a partial bucket list gig there).

Metal Church would rate too of course but have seen a few times now so not getting me on an airplane.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • rocking apple
    Crewman

by rocking apple » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:05 am

MUNICIPEL WASTE
    MARDUK
    MOONSORROW
    :bangers:
  • rocking apple
    Crewman

by rocking apple » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:27 am

Oh no - i forgot...

MEMORIAM
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:28 am

Candlemass! Yes!!!! :party: It seems to get better!

Next one hast to be

Mercyful Fate

or even...
    Meliah Rage
    Monstrosity
    Massacre
    Metal Church
    Memoriam
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:35 am

Godflesh wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:56 pm Fuck, this CANDLEMASS announcement took me by surprise.
    I bought their debut album upon release in 1986, and know every note of it, and most lyrics, by heart.
    You could call this a bucket band. And it’s the return of the original singer, to boot.
    Still not booking, even though if I don’t book by Saturday, I lose my 10% gold discount.
    This year I got 8 bands from my wishlist, and it still ended up being the weakest lineup in 5 years for me.
    A few months ago, I saw them for the first time with Johann Langqvist, the singer from "Epicus" and it was fuckin great!
    If you love the first album, this is THE reason to book! :mrgreen:
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:47 am

Maybe our mystery M band could be a mystery M person!

Maybe it's Mortiis!!

Which would be very amusing.
    He begins a US tour on January 24. Close but, probably not Mortiis.
    Probably another repeat.

• metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:04 am

:death:
    MOONSPELL
    MGLA
    MORBID ANGEL
    MARDUK
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:57 am

clegane wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:35 am
    Godflesh wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:56 pm Fuck, this CANDLEMASS announcement took me by surprise.

A few months ago, I saw them for the first time with Johann Langqvist, the singer from "Epicus" and it was fuckin great!
    Candlemass with Johann did the entire first album in 2012 after the greatest (and most predictable band cancellation Pentagram ) ;you will never get the experience of swaying of the back of the Majesty seeing the actual reunion of Candlemass.It isn’t even listed in Wikipedia :dreams: .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:08 am

deathmetalpat wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:57 am

Candlemass with Johann did the entire first album in 2012 after the greatest (and most predictable band cancellation Pentagram ) ;you will never get the experience of swaying of the back of the Majesty seeing the actual reunion of Candlemass.It isn’t even listed in Wikipedia :dreams: .
    That was really with Johann??
    Sounds really nice....! I was on the first cruise in 2011 but sadly paused the second year...!
    Now looking forward to see the original Candlemass on the ship again!

Survivor:
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:15 am

I am feeling that Friday might be the best day to book , can see if there are other announcements ,how the availability is , best to let the dust settle , I am leaning towards booking on Friday , can weigh things out better between now and then !
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:22 am

My first time booking as a gold survivor went well, in the sense that I booked the cheapest interior double twin cabin available. Server crashing down during booking was not cool.

I did some calculations and the gold survivor discount is only $60, so it is not worth paying it in full imo.
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:33 am

clegane wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:08 am
    deathmetalpat wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:57 am

That was really with Johann??
    Sounds really nice....! I was on the first cruise in 2011 but sadly paused the second year...!
    Now looking forward to see the original Candlemass on the ship again!
    Yes ,and the prior pool deck show was the last with Robert Lowe,I believe.I believe going into the cruise Leif was considering getting him back and it was a tryout.Not sure how Mats came into replacement afterwards.Also this cruise was the brith of Avatarium because Marcus Jidel played with Candlemass as well.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

The Silent Waters Of The Caribbean

by Andy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:57 am

Prepare yourselves for some Epic Heathen Metal onbroad Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL! MOONSORROW will be performing a very special set to commemorate the 15 year anniversary of "Verisäkeet".

We know that the running time of "Verisäkeet" is 70 minutes. This is 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise and we do things differently, so they will get 70 minutes to play the album in its entirety.

The ultimate Heavy Metal "V"acation begins on January 7th, 2020, you do NOT want to miss this!

cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: The Silent Waters Of The Caribbean

by cegr80 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:05 am

A most interesting set! I like it..

V vor Virvum
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 am

Great Band ,another repeat from 2017 this time.I don’t see way 70k waited this year at all.If you are trying to get new bands and end up with repeats,it would just be better if you announce the bands months earlier.They have more than enough demand to just be honest with the lineup and announce it.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:11 am

Yesss!!! Moonsorrow!! :viking:

Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:15 am

Oh damn! Moonsorrow is cool, album play is cooler, I am stoked.
    Last edited by Danny24601 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:17 am

0 for 8!

Someone in my metal chat mentioned that Varg still existed, and they released an album this year. Could be them. Vader and Venom were my other guesses.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:18 am

Finally something interesting...

My wet dream for 'V' would be Voyager but I'm certainly not expecting that, realistically speaking. So probably something I don't care about like Vader, Varg, Voivod, Venom or Vallenfyre.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:20 am

V is a cool letter, hoping for Vale of Pnath, Valhalore, Varg, Visceral Disgorge, Vitriol, Vreid, Vulvodynia. Bunch of other good possible bands
    Last edited by Cimmerian on Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply 2037 posts