Cardest
    Midshipman

Re: And We Shall Walk In Sunny Places

by Cardest » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:10 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 pm
    Daenerys wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:33 pm
    mooyagi wrote:Fuck yeah! :headbanger:
    :bangers: YES!!! Wishlist band!!! :bmhorns:

I'd like Allegaeon, Alestorm or Amorphis for the A, please. But I'm not greedy, so I'd also accept any band that would make our Statsman and his son happy :beerwink:
    Awww thanks!

And if we got Powerwolf from your wishlist all three of us would be happy :D
    One way to fix that Skipper, is to book FROZEN CROWN!!!!

That's FROZEN CROWN, from Italy!!!
    Stats Jnr needs it!
    We need it!
    Let's get them on broad!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

30 Years Of Greatness And Counting!

by Andy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Please welcome AXXIS on board Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! 30 years of greatness and counting... we are elated to have them join us on board for such a momentous "O"ccasion.

• meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: 30 Years Of Greatness And Counting!

by meshuggah » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:14 pm

Andy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 pm Please welcome AXXIS on board Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! 30 years of greatness and counting... we are elated to have them join us on board for such a momentous "O"ccasion.

OK...THIS ONE has me excited. Never thought I would ever get to hear them live! Thank you, Andy!
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:41 pm

Axxis!

Have they been on the boat before??

I think the last time I heard them was in 1990 or something
    on a flexi-disc (I think) from Kerrrap! magazine or Metal Hammer.
    Not sure.
    Been so long!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:06 am

Ihsahn made me very happy. I'll get to see him on the boat and again at PPUSA, where I'm co-sponsoring him. : :headbanger:

O is for... Obscura? Old Mans Child? Omnium Gatherum (ruled out)? Opeth? Orphaned Land?
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:09 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:06 am Ihsahn made me very happy. I'll get to see him on the boat and again at PPUSA, where I'm co-sponsoring him. : :headbanger:

O is for... Obscura? Old Mans Child? Omnium Gatherum (ruled out)? Opeth? Orphaned Land?
    AH mate!
    I would LOVE it if O was Old Man's Child.
    Pagan Prosperity rules.

But, do they/Gald even play shows anymore since Dimmu days?

• clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:56 am

Worst billing ever!

Hopefully the band with O is

OVERKILL or
    OBITUARY
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:21 am

YAY !! Power!

AND I missed them last time. Given the current lineup I should easily catch them this time :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:24 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:21 am YAY !! Power!

AND I missed them last time. Given the current lineup I should easily catch them this time :)
    I thought that this would be a nice addition for you and your son.

Will see you at at least one of their sets. I've never seen Axxis live and am looking forward to finally seeing them.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:26 am

I'll try and see a bit of Axxis!
    First time hearing them in 29yrs or so!
    Dunno why.
    Just slipped way, way under my radar, I guess.

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:00 am

Yeah Axxis will be fun :)

Nothing on my bucketlist starting with O. ORDEN OGAN would be amazing to see again though (little man would love to see them for the first time too!)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:20 am

Wow, things are getting better and better!!! Axxis was a very unexpected surprise, they were absolutely fantastic last year but there was so little crowd I did not expect them back. So, so happy for this one. Bodom is 100% stoked again. Thanks.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:19 am

maybe Obscura. Why not? More German bands.
    2020: Survivor
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:08 am

clegane wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:56 am Worst billing ever!

OVERKILL or
    OBITUARY
    Obituary was on last year.

I’d love Obsequiae or Oak Pantheon.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:09 am

OCTOBER TIDE
    OCEANO
    OZZY OSBOURNE
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:33 am

:headbanger: ORANGE GOBLIN :headbanger:
  • rocking apple
    Crewman

by rocking apple » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:36 am

OPETH
    (with Blackwater Park...) ;-)
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 am

Gratch wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:08 am
    clegane wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:56 am Worst billing ever!

OVERKILL or
    OBITUARY
    Obituary was on last year.

I’d love Obsequiae or Oak Pantheon.
    I can have them each and every year! :mrgreen:

October 31
    Omen
    Orodruin
    Orchid
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:15 am

I was curious as to past bands, and how many times they've played, so I compiled a list. I'm sure everyone already knows the past lineups, so this was more for my benefit. Here are the past O's

Obituary (3x) -Played in 2019
    Obscura
    October Tide
    Omnium Gatherum
    Onslaught (2x) -Played in 2019
    Origin -Booked
    Orphaned Land (3x)
    Overkill (3x)
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

Obtenebris (Canada) or Ouroboros (Australia) pls.

October Tide, Obscura or Orbit Culture fine with me as well.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:30 am

Axxis were definitely an unexpected treat in 2017 ,I didn’t know them before the announcement then just downloaded their festival list songs.The pool deck show in the morning was great.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Ihsahn ... fucking awesome!
    Axxis ... meeeh

I got no O's so whatever
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Do you guys think Opeth has a chance of ever playing the cruise?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:41 pm Do you guys think Opeth has a chance of ever playing the cruise?
    there have been a lot of surprises already. I mean, I wouldn't rule anything out yet, unless obviously a band can't do it. Unless someone knows something about Opeth that I don't.
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:58 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:41 pm Do you guys think Opeth has a chance of ever playing the cruise?
    I'd doubt it, just on a personality level. Mikael isn't really into metal anymore, and I'm sure the idea of being on a 4 day cruise surrounded by drunk metal heads who won't stop asking why he doesn't growl anymore is not his idea of a good time. It's one thing for Opeth to play regular metal fests and shows, but being submerged into metal subculture for a full cruise with no backstage area is another.

I'd love to be proven wrong! But even if Opeth were booked, they'd be a big headliner, and it looks like we're most likely full up on those this year.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:03 pm

I have a feeling we might be getting a few more 4-peats. Is Overkill ruled out? They could play a special 40th anniversary set.
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Because I'm bored, I asked an AI what band was coming up next. It said:

"The next band announced for 70,000 tons of metal will be "Halo Effect" from Germany. The band consists of seven members, including vocalist Jens-Peter Breuning, guitarist Andreas "Dagur" Auer and drummer Andreas Schmitz. "Halo Effect" formed in 2012 and has released a self-titled album as well as four full-lengths, one EP, three EPs and two singles. A few years ago, the band's lead guitarist, Jens-Peter Breuning, joined forces with his brother, Markus Breuning, to create an orchestral project called "Lift" that has already released two albums. Breuning, the drummer and the guitarist are all based in Germany, while the vocalist and bass player are both based in Hamburg. "We both share a passion for music, for the symphony orchestra, for orchestras, and the idea of using music to reach a very large audience," Jens-Peter Breuning explains."

(https://talktotransformer.com/)
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:09 pm

People said Devin would never play the cruise!
    Emperor too!
    Ihsahn and Mikael are good mates.
    Mikael (Opeth) sang on one of Ihsahn's songs. Possibly.....

Mikael seems friendly enough and the other Opeth members too. So, I dunno.
    I doubt it.

Are cabin sales slowly selling?
    Maybe it is a big headliner.

Axxis feels like that was announced days ago already.
    Let's O it out already!
    You O us Skip!
    :lol:

• Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:21 pm

“O” for

Obscura
    Obscurity
    Oceano
    Old Man’s Child
    Opeth
    Orden Ogan
    2020.Wishlist:1349-Abbath-Abigail.Williams-Adorned.Brood-Aether.Realm-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-And.Hell.Followed.With-Angelmaker-Antropomorphia-Any.Fabio.Lione/Turilli.band-Archspire-At.The.Gates-Aversions.Crown-Behemoth-Belphegor-Black.Crown.Initiate-Blind.Guardian-Borknagar-Cannibal.Corpse-Carach.Angren-Carnifex-Carpathian.Forest-Cattle.Decapatation-Celtachor-Children.of.Bodom-Cloak-Cradle.of.Filth-Cruachan—Demons.and.Wizards-Depths.of.Hatred-Dimmu.Borgir-Disentomb-Dragonland-Drudkh-Dying.Fetus-Emperor-Enslaved-Enterprise.Earth-Ereb.Altor-Fit.For.An.Autopsy-Goatwhore-Hate-Heathen.Foray-Iced.Earth-Incantation-Ingested-Kampfar-King.of.Asgard-Lorna.Shore-Manegarm-Marduk-Mgla-Moonsorrow-Phil.Anselmo.And.The.Illegals-Rivers.of.Nihil-Satyricon-Scour-Shadow.of.Intent-Signs.of.the.Swarm-Suffocation-Swashbuckle-The.Faceless-Thyrfing-Tsjuder-Uada-Unleashed-Vale.of.Pnath-Valhalore-Varg-Visceral.Disgorge-Vitriol-Vreid-Vulvodynia-Watain-Winterfylethal-Wintersun-Wolfchant-Wolves.In.The.Throne.Room-Wormwitch

2019: Survivor
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:33 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:05 pm Because I'm bored, I asked an AI what band was coming up next. It said:

"The next band announced for 70,000 tons of metal will be "Halo Effect" from Germany. The band consists of seven members, including vocalist Jens-Peter Breuning, guitarist Andreas "Dagur" Auer and drummer Andreas Schmitz. "Halo Effect" formed in 2012 and has released a self-titled album as well as four full-lengths, one EP, three EPs and two singles. A few years ago, the band's lead guitarist, Jens-Peter Breuning, joined forces with his brother, Markus Breuning, to create an orchestral project called "Lift" that has already released two albums. Breuning, the drummer and the guitarist are all based in Germany, while the vocalist and bass player are both based in Hamburg. "We both share a passion for music, for the symphony orchestra, for orchestras, and the idea of using music to reach a very large audience," Jens-Peter Breuning explains."

(https://talktotransformer.com/)
    More orchestra = more bettar! One day I hope to see bands like Fleshgod Apocalypse, Nightwish, and Turisas play with a full orchestra. I've heard that the orchestral sets from Swallow the Sun in 2018 were mindblowing.
    2025:

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:54 pm

They have done boats before, CLOSE-UP BÅTEN in 2009,so it is a possibility.
    Now this year probably not because they play Norway the day after the cruise,then Sweden the next day.Wouldn’t put 2 big sold out shows in jeopardy,with the logistics of flying etc. for what the cruise could pay.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Experience The Burning Cold On Board Round X

by Andy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:52 pm

OMNIUM GATHERUM will spread their Burning Cold in the sunny Caribbean this January on board Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. Will you be among the 3,000 Sailors who will embark on the voyage of a lifetime?

If you don't have your "S"pot secured, what are you waiting for? This is a festival you do NOT want to miss!

Danny24601
    Petty Officer

Re: Experience The Burning Cold On Board Round X

by Danny24601 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:53 pm

Andy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:52 pm OMNIUM GATHERUM will spread their Burning Cold in the sunny Caribbean this January on board Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. Will you be among the 3,000 Sailors who will embark on the voyage of a lifetime?

If you don't have your "S"pot secured, what are you waiting for? This is a festival you do NOT want to miss!

HOLY DANG HECK NOTHING BETTER THAN THINKING ONE OF YOUR FAVE BANDS WAS COUNTED OUT AND BEING WRONG GOD HECKIN' BLESS YOU SKIP

To think of it, with Aether Realm this is the second time this has happened to me this round.
  • gunsngreens
    Wiper

by gunsngreens » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Andy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:52 pm OMNIUM GATHERUM will spread their Burning Cold in the sunny Caribbean this January on board Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. Will you be among the 3,000 Sailors who will embark on the voyage of a lifetime?

Well done skipper! Another great announcement and a double setter for me (unless the running order screws me over)
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:04 pm

I am 110% okay with Omnium, even though it's not Orden Ogan :P

Now for that S... again...

Scar Symmetry, SepticFlesh, SHADOWQUEST, SkeletonWitch, Soilwork, Stratovarius, Suffocation, Symphony X?

And after this S, can you finally give us a B band! We're 30 bands in almost and no B's in sight! My giant list of B's is getting sad.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:10 pm

Spreadsheet says I didn’t see them in 2017, and they were a Maybe, so still a Maybe.
    But a quality announcement, that’s for sure.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:40 pm

That's a quality add. My mom's a huge fan so I got us tickets to see them and Insomnium in Vegas next year. Would love to have some bands that don't ever play shows in the states.
    2025:

Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:41 pm

Nice job Skipper! Thought they were ruled out coz of Marcus+Insomnium.
    For S... Shade Empire, Satyricon, Staratovarius.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:34 pm

SACRED REICH next, hopefully.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:37 pm

OG - I hardly know them!
    I checked out the song Chaosphere just now. Really good.

S - has to be SIGH (Japan)
    Has to be!!!!!!

Post Reply 2037 posts