Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 1 MONTH Until Round X!

by bodomdragon » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:45 am

cegr80 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:56 am The amount of bitching here is too damn high
    More than justified, if you ask me.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:22 am

bodomdragon wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:45 am
    cegr80 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:56 am The amount of bitching here is too damn high
    Incredibly justified. also, welcome to the internet.
    2020: Survivor
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:06 am

cholernik wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:22 am
    Incredibly justified. also, welcome to the internet.
    Justified as hell!!!
    You can´t treat customers like this!
    Our last cruise!
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:58 am

Man, I got so much more serious shit right now in my life, I have started to forget about the lack of announcements. Trust me, I also wanna know the rest of the lineup as much as the next metalhead, but I guess doing this for 3 years has prepared me for any potential disappointment coming from Andy.

Bands will be announced. Some people will be happy, some won't. Some will say they will never come back and keep their word, others will still return even if they say they won't.
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • LoudStonedDrunk
    Oiler

by LoudStonedDrunk » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Bitching about bitching is still bitching
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:25 pm

Gratch wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:53 am
    Jaimie38 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:15 am As a crabby old vet, even I am getting nervous. Radio silence so close to the event?
    Yeah, the complete radio silence has me more than a little nervous, tbh. There's a part of me that wouldn't be surprised one bit to see some sort of "Due to circumstances beyond our control/Andy's health/etc., we regret to inform you that this year's 70K will be cancelled" message.

And then we all end up as part of a Netflix documentary about failed music festivals. ;)
    There’s just no way it will be cancelled at this point. UMC cannot get a refund for the charter fee they’ve paid to royal Caribbean. They would lose north of a million dollars easy.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:48 pm Yeah cannot say those that have been added or those that were revealed and not added so far.

Don't want to compromise my sources.

Lets just say some pretty big names across multiple genres that would have surely moved cabins.

As you say, MAYBE if big names got added now, at least it might help the next (will there BE a next after this?) cruise - eg "Remember that he added [INSERT MASSIVE DRAWCARD HERE] last year with like 3 weeks to go!!??!! We have to book early just in case that happens again!"

But I'm not expecting much anymore. I'm resigned to it being 2015-bad for me. I know some people loved that lineup but for me, and particularly looking at the last 24... they were SO BAD for me. Collectively giving each band a rating out of 10, that last 24 got a grand total of 41 out of 240 from me. 16 zeroes, and only 2 bands (Trouble and Wintersun) that I ended up seeing.

IF that happens again, then I will sadly vote with my wallet and not attend next(?) time.
    You’ve got almost 40 sets to see Statsman, going by your rank bank. That is a bad lineup for you? :lol:

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Downvod wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:38 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:48 pm Yeah cannot say those that have been added or those that were revealed and not added so far.

Lets just say some pretty big names across multiple genres that would have surely moved cabins.

As you say, MAYBE if big names got added now, at least it might help the next (will there BE a next after this?) cruise - eg "Remember that he added [INSERT MASSIVE DRAWCARD HERE] last year with like 3 weeks to go!!??!! We have to book early just in case that happens again!"

But I'm not expecting much anymore. I'm resigned to it being 2015-bad for me. I know some people loved that lineup but for me, and particularly looking at the last 24... they were SO BAD for me. Collectively giving each band a rating out of 10, that last 24 got a grand total of 41 out of 240 from me. 16 zeroes, and only 2 bands (Trouble and Wintersun) that I ended up seeing.

IF that happens again, then I will sadly vote with my wallet and not attend next(?) time.
    You’ve got almost 40 sets to see Statsman, going by your rank bank. That is a bad lineup for you? :lol:
    Yeah I'm more sad for my son as he hasn't got any of his bucketlist yet. If he could get Dragonforce or Freedom Call that would be great.

Was just HOPING that this time around organisation and announcements and stuff would be better. Not worse :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Yeah I'm more sad for my son as he hasn't got any of his bucketlist yet. If he could get Dragonforce or Freedom Call that would be great.

Hey Statsman isn't your son kinda young to start having bucket lists ? LOL !

Was just HOPING that this time around organisation and announcements and stuff would be better. Not worse :P
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:38 pm

metalforever wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:37 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:29 pm

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Never too early to start a bucketlist!

Really expected announcements to start up again by now...... :?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:32 pm Really expected announcements to start up again by now...... :?
    Yeah I'm pretty easygoing by the standards of this forum and if we don't get Edenbridge/Expain/Ex Deo/whoEver announced sometime (early) this week I'm going to be legitimately concerned.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:27 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:38 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:32 pm Really expected announcements to start up again by now...... :?
    Yeah I'm pretty easygoing by the standards of this forum and if we don't get Edenbridge/Expain/Ex Deo/whoEver announced sometime (early) this week I'm going to be legitimately concerned.
    I just hope this wont become a shit like the Knot fest two weeks ago where 1 year before announced bands Slipknot and Evanescense simply didnt showed and everybody of us were stand waiting for 5 hours without any information.. Im seeing here the same kind of shit that I saw those hours, something Ive never seen before in an previously payed event where simply didnt happened the show that was announced

I suppose that can't happen here that umc say something like sorry just will be 40 bands in stead of 60 cause I suppose they can invite 20 totally beginner bans with their plans where the cruise is free for them and is just playing for publicity without payment .. That would be a shit 'cause I think nobody of us is paying flights, hotels, asking for vacation and expensive festival tickets to see a bunch of beginners and unknown shows (I know begginer bands can be good ones but the price should be totally different)
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:39 pm

Concur. This year has been a shit-show, plain and simple.

I hesitated to compare 70K with the Fyre Festival a while back because, at that time, 70K hadn't opened bookings and didn't have any of our money.
    Well, now they DO...and this is beginning to look like promises won't be delivered ("Sailors! We'll only have 40 bands instead of 60, but remember, you can drown your sorrows at bars that NEVER close!"*), OR we'll get a slew of especially Cripper-worthy last-minute bands just to round out the roster and satisfy their contractual requirement for 60 bands.

Either way.... This is a shit-show.

---
    * except that at night, most of the bars DO close
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Radio silence from the 70K social media machine since the 7th of December too.

Under a month to go, should be out there daily, amping up the excitement levels.

But no, nothing. Just crickets and tumbleweeds.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:57 pm Radio silence from the 70K social media machine since the 7th of December too.

Under a month to go, should be out there daily, amping up the excitement levels.

But no, nothing. Just crickets and tumbleweeds.
    Dunno why "crickets and tumbleweeds" doesn't capitalize their band-name, but what genre are they?! :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:04 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:39 pm
    Concur. This year has been a shit-show, plain and simple.

I hesitated to compare 70K with the Fyre Festival a while back because, at that time, 70K hadn't opened bookings and didn't have any of our money.
    Well, now they DO...and this is beginning to look like promises won't be delivered ("Sailors! We'll only have 40 bands instead of 60, but remember, you can drown your sorrows at bars that NEVER close!"*), OR we'll get a slew of especially Cripper-worthy last-minute bands just to round out the roster and satisfy their contractual requirement for 60 bands.

Either way.... This is a shit-show.

---
    * except that at night, most of the bars DO close
    I expect 60 bands, but I also expect MANY of them to be fillers, Cripper Award contenders (which is nothing but an excuse for fillers) or bands from members already onbroad. Pretty much what happened last year with the last 10-15 bands but even more extreme.

I'm done with the "everything is great in the end" comments. I know it will be fun, but it's just not enough. It's not that hard to understand, is it?

Look, many of us enjoy, or try to enjoy, the festivals three times: before, during and after. Before, exploring all the bands, making new descoveries, getting ready for the day with the expectations growing. After, sharing everything with your friends and family. And during, needless to explain. Well, they have already taken the "before" from us, and IT IS a big deal, no matter how much fun we have onbroad! I WANT time to explore the bands and get myself ready for the festival, and this has been taken away from us with no reasonable explanation. We pay a shitload of money for this festival, especially those of us crossing the ocean. We don't deserve this situation.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:42 am

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:04 am .... Before, exploring all the bands, making new descoveries,.....
    This is the part that REALLY bugs me the most.

I mean even if we got 24 bands tomorrow (which we obviously will not), that leaves me exactly 1 week before I fly out of Australia to check all 24 bands out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:55 am

Throwing some history into the mix, this is now the worst position we have ever been in from a 'bands announced, days to go' perspective.

2015 cruise we got 24 bands in the last 21 days, but at least up to that point we had 38 bands announced (there were 24 bands announced because the lineup finished at 61 bands, and there was an additional announcement as well due to Xentrix withdrawing at the last minute)

EDIT: Actually realised there were only 60 in the end as we had TWO cancellations that year - Chimaira also were originally announced but later withdrew due to them breaking up.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:29 am

Dec 17th marks ONE month since the last band announcement (Atheist) and 3 weeks to sailing.

Would be great if some of the confirmed 24 bands just came out and gave us hints.
    Instead of you know who, leaving us all wondering what in the actual feck is going on.
    I fly out in 6 days.
    Doubt I'm gonna see those 24 bands before that.

Let's get these remaining bands happening STAT!
    Dec 18, it starts!!
    No more excuses!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:45 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:42 am
    bodomdragon wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:04 am .... Before, exploring all the bands, making new descoveries,.....

I mean even if we got 24 bands tomorrow (which we obviously will not), that leaves me exactly 1 week before I fly out of Australia to check all 24 bands out.
    I have listened to so many new bands because of this cruise. It really got me excited for new to me music, and I was looking forward to getting into more new bands, but I really won't have the time now.
    hypercube33
    Oiler

by hypercube33 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:21 am

Here is my guess, lets see how bad it is:

Edenbridge (When I talked to them they said they were hopefully going, TBD. I saw that some German pub posted them as going so...)
    Insomnium (They are touring with Omnium and basically have a gap in their schedule for this anyway)

Wishful thinking - but they said they'd go if they were booked:
    Mercenary

More wishy thinking:
    DT - They arent on tour, would also compliment the lineup as a bigger name
    Alestorm
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:31 am

Comparisons to the Fyre Festival are unwarranted,that was the initial run and it was fairly clear it was a scam all along.Those people who attended should have been aware that nothing like that could be put together on an Island.70k has a boat and all the comforts will be there regardless of 70k ,they have nothing to do with the cruise itself outside of entertainment and physical goods for sale.

Comparisons to Knotfest are unfair because the bands advertised to play will be stuck on the ship,Also Royal Caribbean fire suppression systems would stop any drum fires ,but just in case please pay actual attention to the Muster Drill this year.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:54 am

hypercube33 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:21 am Here is my guess, lets see how bad it is:

Edenbridge (When I talked to them they said they were hopefully going, TBD. I saw that some German pub posted them as going so...)
    Insomnium (They are touring with Omnium and basically have a gap in their schedule for this anyway)

Wishful thinking - but they said they'd go if they were booked:
    Mercenary

More wishy thinking:
    DT - They arent on tour, would also compliment the lineup as a bigger name
    Alestorm
    Insomnium have gigs during the cruise so they're out. Mercenary would be amazing.
    Wishlist:

Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:04 am

cholernik wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:45 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:42 am

I have listened to so many new bands because of this cruise. It really got me excited for new to me music, and I was looking forward to getting into more new bands, but I really won't have the time now.
    I feel exactly the same .. And also because of the cruise each year I refresh bands I already know and like, bands I didnt listen in years, I take some months to remember all good times with their past albums and dive into new ones.. That will be impossible this time and Im upset because of that .. I feel like the whole experience of the cruise is been less than on past years
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:16 am

I think it's a conundrum. They need to move the remaining cabins to hire the bands but they need to hire the bands to move the remaining cabins. They can hire free bands but that won't move the cabins. So they can either hire headliner bands and risk operating the cruise at a loss or hire free bands and not sell out the cruise. I think they're waiting to see how many of the remaining cabins sell with just these 36 bands and how much money they get before spending any more money on headliner bands. Or maybe Andy's health took a bad turn. In any case, in the absence of good communication, rumors will fill the vacuum.
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:56 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:54 am
    Insomnium have gigs during the cruise so they're out. Mercenary would be amazing.
    I am not seeing any on their posted tour schedule....
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:04 pm

spooky wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:56 pm
    bodomdragon wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:54 am
    I am not seeing any on their posted tour schedule....
    Yeah not on their website, is on their facebook though:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1373311466178640/

"TalviHelvetti" festival in Finland on Jan 10.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:18 pm

...hmmmm...i looked on facebook at their tour schedule. IDK, i would not completely rule them out at this point. they might decide that a few days in the caribbean is more fun. :)
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:25 pm

spooky wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:18 pm ...hmmmm...i looked on facebook at their tour schedule. IDK, i would not completely rule them out at this point. they might decide that a few days in the caribbean is more fun. :)
    I would be very much okay with that if it were to come to pass :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • dcmetal02
    Oiler

by dcmetal02 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:29 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:25 pm
    spooky wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:18 pm ...hmmmm...i looked on facebook at their tour schedule. IDK, i would not completely rule them out at this point. they might decide that a few days in the caribbean is more fun. :)
    The guitar player is also in Omnium Gatherum. Guess they are going with a replacement?
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:39 am

dcmetal02 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:29 pm
    The guitar player is also in Omnium Gatherum. Guess they are going with a replacement?
    Historically Insomnium have always had two guitar players, over the last years that was Ville and Markus. Ville decided he didn't want to tour anymore but still stay on the band so they hired a third guitar player, Jani, essentially for touring.

Since Markus will be on the boat I am assuming Ville will be the one to step in for their show on Jan 10th.
    Wishlist:

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:58 am

I just want to get on that damn boat!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:38 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:31 am Comparisons to the Fyre Festival are unwarranted,that was the initial run and it was fairly clear it was a scam all along.
    Ehh, it wasn't all THAT obvious. Fyre's video promos -- very professional, very sumptuous -- certainly made it look like it would be an amazing experience. Things began falling apart AFTER they had their attendees' money...and that's the comparison I'm drawing here.
    Those people who attended should have been aware that nothing like that could be put together on an Island.
    With enough advance work and cash -- and they had PLENTY of cash -- they could have provided their promised experience. It would have cost a fortune, and required more advance time than they had (remember, they "lost" their original venue), but it could have been done, albeit at great expense.
    70k has a boat and all the comforts will be there regardless of 70k ,they have nothing to do with the cruise itself outside of entertainment and physical goods for sale.
    Granted, we won't be sitting on a beach with no shelter and little to no food. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:32 pm

So there are only two 'cheaper cabin categories left now - 1N quad and 1D triple, then the J3 balcony suites and GT grand suites. Total of 200 cabins across all those categories. Fairly safe to say that there could be as little as 20-30 cabins left.

Love to know how so many categories have disappeared over the last few weeks. Not as if people would have been lining up to grab cabins due to the announcements over the last month....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Online Check-in started 18 December,that is early and a good sign /bad sign.Good sign that people will realize,you be on the boat.Bad sign ,I don’t see any band announcements until after Christmas at least.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Online Check-In for Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL

by Andy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Only a few short weeks until Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. We hope you are excited to start your next decade off in style!

Online Check-In eMail invitations for 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 will be sent starting on Wednesday, December 18th, 2019 to all fully Paid, Booked and Ticketed passengers. Please be patient as it may take up to 48 hours for the system to send all eMails. If you do not receive yours within 48 hours of us sending them please make sure to check your spam folder and contact us.

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Online Check-In for Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:17 pm

WOW. Online check in before 40% of the lineup is known.

This is gonna take some beating in future years.....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:37 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:39 am
    dcmetal02 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:29 pm

Historically Insomnium have always had two guitar players, over the last years that was Ville and Markus. Ville decided he didn't want to tour anymore but still stay on the band so they hired a third guitar player, Jani, essentially for touring.

Since Markus will be on the boat I am assuming Ville will be the one to step in for their show on Jan 10th.

I agree with you that that is probably how it will shake out, but something to consider... Jani typically plays Ville’s rhythm parts, as Markus is generally at all of the Insomnium shows. Based on his experience, I know Jani is completely capable of playing lead as well, but isn’t it a bit odd for him to have to learn a full headline set worth of Markus’ lead parts just for one show?

• Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:38 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:02 pm Online Check-in started 18 December,that is early and a good sign /bad sign.Good sign that people will realize,you be on the boat.Bad sign ,I don’t see any band announcements until after Christmas at least.
    Nah, that doesn’t mean anything. Remember, they announced on sale dates before any announcements for the first time this year (at least for the first time that I’m aware of). We had announcements the following day.

Post Reply 2037 posts