Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Brethren Of The Sword

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:21 am

Welli wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:14 am I'm ready to book.
    Out of 60 bands, I'm sure I'll find some I like. And I like to listen to bands I don't know, I found several pearls that way.
    But it's depressing to know about black cards and to know I'll never get one. :shots:
    What about platinum card for triple gold survivors? I'll be one, soon. It's not about discount, it just would be nice.
    I think (hope) that the black card will not be for those that "have sailed on every UMC cruise ever". I think (hope) that they are for "10 UMC cruises or more".

To forever exclude people from this 'club' just because they didn't want to go on a cruise with a bunch of bands all with vocalists trying to do their best cookie monster impersonation would be, upsetting.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:55 am

so dallas, your not getting a fairytale (BLACKIE) card? :death:
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2023 - Deck 10 cheap room 4 walls no window
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:28 am

Andy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:05 pm EINHERJER returns from Valhalla to embark on the great journey known as Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Will you join these sword brethren in the feasting halls starting on January 7th, 2020?

Don't make the mistake of staying shoreside all by your "L"onesome...
    Funny... This year when me and the wife flew to the States for our first 70k we actually had Einherjer just in front of us in the business check-in queue. We also met them in the lounge. I asked them if they would be flying to Miami for a cruise and they said "Not this year mate, but who knows what next year brings". :D
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:58 am

Golds, are you ready?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:09 am

Lucifer just announced a North America tour starting on Jan 15 or something like that.

EDIT, oops, I see this was already posted.
    Last edited by acidbasement on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:30 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:21 am
    Welli wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:14 am I'm ready to book.
    Out of 60 bands, I'm sure I'll find some I like. And I like to listen to bands I don't know, I found several pearls that way.
    But it's depressing to know about black cards and to know I'll never get one. :shots:
    What about platinum card for triple gold survivors? I'll be one, soon. It's not about discount, it just would be nice.
    I think (hope) that the black card will not be for those that "have sailed on every UMC cruise ever". I think (hope) that they are for "10 UMC cruises or more".

To forever exclude people from this 'club' just because they didn't want to go on a cruise with a bunch of bands all with vocalists trying to do their best cookie monster impersonation would be, upsetting.
    It says directly on my booking invite:
    You've already sailed with us ten times? Thank you so much for your exceptional loyalty! Like every year, Survivors of our previous cruises will get first dibs!
    Booking for UMC BLACK Survivors begins on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 12PM EDT (9AM PDT and 18:00 CEST respectively).
    So I think you'll be fine.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:40 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:21 am For all the complaining etc, its interesting to note that this is not without precedent. Admittedly in recent times we've known 10ish bands before gold opens, but in 2013 for the 2014 cruise, we only knew four bands.

And they were all repeats!

Dark Tranquillity (2011), Soilwork (Barge), Overkill (2012) and Death Angel (2011)!!

And that cruise was the reason I stopped,but this cruise now has the lowest percentage of bands at Gold with just 5/60 vs. 4/40 ,and they are starting booking way past the point (days to cruise) were they were in 2013-14.In fact Satyricon had been announced after a long drought suck at 13 bands I think,and don’t forget the Kamelot un-announcement.He has outdone himself by leaps and bounds compared to any other year,this year.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Welli
    Oiler

by Welli » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:16 am

mooyagi wrote:
    You've already sailed with us ten times? Thank you so much for your exceptional loyalty! Like every year, Survivors of our previous cruises will get first dibs!
    Booking for UMC BLACK Survivors begins on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 12PM EDT (9AM PDT and 18:00 CEST respectively).
    So I think you'll be fine.
    Cool! So, there's hope! :cheers:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

We Rule The Wind And The Waves

by Andy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:21 am

What's this? Another longboat approaching? Please welcome LEAVES' EYES onbroad Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

We can't wait to have all of you on board in January! Please remain "C"alm as we work around the clock to process your Booking Requests.

• clegane
    Petty Officer

Re: We Rule The Wind And The Waves

by clegane » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 am

0/6

Candlemass please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by clegane on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 am

Meh, not interested in the eyes of leaves.

That C better be Candlemass
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:27 am

clegane wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 am 0/6
    Same!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:27 am

cegr80 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 am Meh, not interested in the eyes of leaves.

That C better be Candlemass
    Same post in the same second! :cheers:
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:30 am

Phoenix wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:27 am
    clegane wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 am 0/6
    Same!
    Second time!

Survivor:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:31 am

"We Rule the Wind and the Waves," .... but not the servers or all the IT booking issues. :lol:

Leaves' Eyes....meh. Wouldn't mind Atrocity though.

C is for.... Cannibal Corpse? CoF? CoB? Maybe Cynic? Carach Angren? :headbanger:

I think Candlemass was ruled out...? [EDIT: apparently not.]
    Last edited by Pellaz on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:34 am

Well that's disappointing. Leaves Eyes used to be pretty good, but oh well, here's to hoping C is better.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      Sgt. B
      Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:43 am

Leaves' Eyes --> Image
      1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
      2014: Survivor
      2015: Survivor
      2016: Survivor
      2017: Survivor
      2018: Survivor
      2019: Survivor
      2020: Survivor
      2023: Survivor
      2024: Survivor
      BtH(2012): Survivor
      Danny24601
      Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 am

Oof. I love the 2018 lineup and am hoping for lots of repeats from it (I missed that year), but not quite the repeat I was looking for.

I mean, I still might hit a show, but not getting hyped over this announcement. Candlemass or Cradle of Filth would be cool up next.
      Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
      cegr80
      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:51 am

Pellaz wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:31 amI think Candlemass was ruled out...?
      What? When? Why? How?
      2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:10 am

cegr80 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:51 am
      Pellaz wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:31 amI think Candlemass was ruled out...?
      What? When? Why? How?
      Huh, I thought I'd read that in one of the Forum threads.

Hope they're available...and booked. (Although I'd prefer CoF or Cynic.)
      2025 Wishlist:
      1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
      2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
      2025: most likely
      acidbasement
      Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:12 am

Leaves Eyes are inoffensive. I probably won't walk all the way across the ship to catch a set, but if I'm already there, who knows?

"C" bands I'd like include the following: Carach Angren, Civil War. That is all.
      I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
      Gratch
      Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:23 am

Leaves Eyes...meh.

Would LOVE Cynic as the “C”. Especially if they played Focus in full as one of their sets.

We ended up getting booked with a minimum of fuss today. I was in meetings, but cabinmate booked on his iphone without a hitch. Whew.
      Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
      Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
      mindgrind
      Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:30 am

Sgt. B wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:43 am Leaves' Eyes --> Image
      Sgt.B IS COMING and Leaves' are not on his list :lol:
      2024 - Deck mold 2
      2020 - Deck 4
      2019 - Deck 2
      2018 - Deck 10
      2017 - Deck 7
      2016 -
      2015 - Deck 9
      2014 - Deck 4
      2013 - Deck 3
      2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
      2012 - Deck 6
      2011 - Deck 7
    • eddie_beast
      Oiler

by eddie_beast » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:31 am

Danny24601 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 am Oof. I love the 2018 lineup and am hoping for lots of repeats from it (I missed that year), but not quite the repeat I was looking for.

I mean, I still might hit a show, but not getting hyped over this announcement. Candlemass or Cradle of Filth would be cool up next.
      Agree, I really want to see this year many 2018 bands like Dark Tranquillity, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Kreator, Masterplan, Exodus, Necrophobic, SABATON...
      Danny24601
      Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:49 am

eddie_beast wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:31 am
      Danny24601 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 am Oof. I love the 2018 lineup and am hoping for lots of repeats from it (I missed that year), but not quite the repeat I was looking for.

Agree, I really want to see this year many 2018 bands like Dark Tranquillity, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Kreator, Masterplan, Exodus, Necrophobic, SABATON...
      For sure! I think Sabaton is out this year ( :cry: ) but any one of Dark Tranquility, Swallow the Sun, Sonata Arctica, In Mourning, Freedom Call, October Tide, or TL-Rhapsody would make me a very happy lad.
      Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
      Ethrivas
      Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:02 pm

Of all the L bands out there, Leaves Eyes...
      Horrible.

Gief Cloak plox. Or The Crown, if it counts as a C. Something new.

p.s. Will be my third boat, already pissed about repeat-o-mania. Can only guess how veterans feel.
      Last edited by Ethrivas on Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
      2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
      2023: Skip year
      mindgrind
      Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:06 pm

should have been Lucifer that lady got some pipes :death:
      2024 - Deck mold 2
      2020 - Deck 4
      2019 - Deck 2
      2018 - Deck 10
      2017 - Deck 7
      2016 -
      2015 - Deck 9
      2014 - Deck 4
      2013 - Deck 3
      2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
      2012 - Deck 6
      2011 - Deck 7
    • Andy
      THE SKIPPER

A Vigil Under The Caribbean Sky

by Andy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:36 pm

We'll be holding a CANDLEMASS in the Caribbean onbroad Round X of The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise along with 3,000 Sailors from around the globe! You do not want to miss the ultimate Heavy Metal festival of a lifetime.

"M"ake sure you reserve a ticket as soon as possible, you do not want to be left ashore on January 7th!

Danny24601
      Petty Officer

Re: A Vigil Under The Caribbean Sky

by Danny24601 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Well well well (of souls), what do we have here?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And M is a very exciting next letter, fingers crossed for My Dying Bride.
      cegr80
      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:39 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooohoo!!!!! Called it!!
      Tiki108
      Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:48 pm

There we go!! Always happy to see Candlemass!!
      70K: 2014, 2020
      MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
      Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
      Party.San: 2015
      ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
      Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
        Sgt. B
        Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:49 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:37 pm Well well well (of souls), what do we have here?

I'd love to have MDB next, but not sure we will get a double header of doom band announcements.
        1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
        2014: Survivor
        2015: Survivor
        2016: Survivor
        2017: Survivor
        2018: Survivor
        2019: Survivor
        2020: Survivor
        2023: Survivor
        2024: Survivor
        BtH(2012): Survivor
        Amalu
        Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:49 pm

Nice one. Looking forward to finally see Candlemass live.
        acidbasement
        Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:51 pm

I know people will be excited for Candlemass and that's great, but I've got a lot of "M" in my wishlist. Mono Inc., Moonsorrow, Moonspell, Manegarm,...

Come on Andy, gimme sumpin'!
        Razor Ramon
        Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:52 pm

My Dying Bride!
        70000 Tons 2019
        Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
        My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
      • meshuggah
        Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:53 pm

Misery Index, please
        Gratch
        Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:58 pm

Dayum, this lineup is turning out to be as amazing as I had hoped.

Lots of "M"s on my personal list. My Dying Bride, Morbid Angel, Messa, Myrkur, Mayhem...
        Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
        Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
      • Godflesh
        Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:00 pm

FUUUUUUUUCKKKK... I don’t want to book.
        I really hope MORBID ANGEL is not next.
        Danny24601
        Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:49 pm
        Danny24601 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:37 pm Well well well (of souls), what do we have here?

I'd love to have MDB next, but not sure we will get a double header of doom band announcements.
        Unlikely? Sure! But we did get Haggard and Epica as back-to-back symphonic metal, so who knows?
        Amalu
        Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Myrath please.
      Post Reply 2037 posts