Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: Three's Company

by cegr80 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:28 pm

Stormsleeper wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:49 pm Hell yeah.

First time on board and blessed with 100% of my wish list.
    Thanks 666 times.

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    Welcome, stormsleeper. You will have the time of your life on this boat
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:50 pm

On first spin, FirstBourne is pretty solid hard rock/power metal action. I may see them if there are no conflicts.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:53 pm

I GET IT NOW!! Because of the the issues with the pool deck, stage, it;s all Pyramid Lounge acts so the deck stage gets built on time.! oh wait. doesn't get bulit on time anyway// lol

:beerwink:

Actually listening to Spoil Engine and some the new bands..

Note.. not a good year for me with the bands announced--but, the fun is people, experiencing NEW bands. friends..
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:04 pm

Jaimie38 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:53 pm I GET IT NOW!! Because of the the issues with the pool deck, stage, it;s all Pyramid Lounge acts so the deck stage gets built on time.! oh wait. doesn't get bulit on time anyway// lol

:beerwink:

Actually listening to Spoil Engine and some the new bands..

Note.. not a good year for me with the bands announced--but, the fun is people, experiencing NEW bands. friends..
    I notice you have Dio Disciples on your wish list ,it would be so great to see them live ! :shred:
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:50 pm

No Raza and Spoil Engine are promising for my tastes.
    On next cripper wave i hope to see one of: Moonshade, Perpetual Night, Wormwitch, Orbit Culture, Wormwood, Crescent, Decembre Noir.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:07 am

I've well and truly given up hope for anything from my wishlist now!

Would dearly love something to cheer me up at the moment though :(

Stressing out big time about the bushfires back home in Australia :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:35 am

Thanks 666 times.

I smell a troll here...
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:41 am

Downvod wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:35 am

Thanks 666 times.

I smell a troll here...
    lol no shit. only bands on my wish list were those that were already booked when I got my cabin a while back
    2020: Survivor
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Triple Tap

by Andy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 am

Well, you asked for it! Here's another triple tap of bands for you Sailors!

First up to bat, we have DARK MATTER from Mexico.

Next, please welcome EREB ALTOR from Sweden.

And lastly, from the United States, ZERO THEOREM.

This brings us to 60 bands who will perform 121 concerts on broad Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

We can't wait to see all of you on January 7th for Embarkation, it's going to be a Wild ride!

cholernik
    Petty Officer

Re: Triple Tap

by cholernik » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:54 am

welp, not a lot, or really anything from my wish list (after I booked) but I am fucking STOKED for this thing and cannot wait! Tons of bands I haven't heard of, and now I have the chance to check them out in the best setting. counting down the minutes!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:22 am

Ereb Altor are awesome. Thanks Andy! See y'all onbroad.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:26 am

acidbasement wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:22 am Ereb Altor are awesome. ....
    Agreed.

Dark Matter are not bad either.

Zero Theorem sounds like Three Days Grace shit.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:27 am

Interesting to see that "Wild" has been capitalized for some reason... anyone can think of a heavily requested band that starts by "Wild..." ?

Or maybe this is just wishful thinking, you know.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:34 am

bodomdragon wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:27 am Interesting to see that "Wild" has been capitalized for some reason... anyone can think of a heavily requested band that starts by "Wild..." ?

He capitalized Embarkation also. I have heard a rumor for an "E" band. Maybe 2 bonus to make up for the shitshow this year?
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:36 am

Andy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 am This brings us to 60 bands...
    The madman actually did it. :shock:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:48 am

Andy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 am Well, you asked for it! Here's another triple tap of bands for you Sailors!

First up to bat, we have DARK MATTER from Mexico.

Next, please welcome EREB ALTOR from Sweden.

And lastly, from the United States, ZERO THEOREM.

This brings us to 60 bands who will perform 121 concerts on broad Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

We can't wait to see all of you on January 7th for Embarkation, it's going to be a Wild ride!

Ereb Altor nice! :viking:
    2020.Wishlist:1349-Abbath-Abigail.Williams-Adorned.Brood-Aether.Realm-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-And.Hell.Followed.With-Angelmaker-Antropomorphia-Any.Fabio.Lione/Turilli.band-Archspire-At.The.Gates-Aversions.Crown-Behemoth-Belphegor-Black.Crown.Initiate-Blind.Guardian-Borknagar-Cannibal.Corpse-Carach.Angren-Carnifex-Carpathian.Forest-Cattle.Decapatation-Celtachor-Children.of.Bodom-Cloak-Cradle.of.Filth-Cruachan—Demons.and.Wizards-Depths.of.Hatred-Dimmu.Borgir-Disentomb-Dragonland-Drudkh-Dying.Fetus-Emperor-Enslaved-Enterprise.Earth-Ereb.Altor-Fit.For.An.Autopsy-Goatwhore-Hate-Heathen.Foray-Iced.Earth-Incantation-Ingested-Kampfar-King.of.Asgard-Lorna.Shore-Manegarm-Marduk-Mgla-Moonsorrow-Phil.Anselmo.And.The.Illegals-Rivers.of.Nihil-Satyricon-Scour-Shadow.of.Intent-Signs.of.the.Swarm-Suffocation-Swashbuckle-The.Faceless-Thyrfing-Tsjuder-Uada-Unleashed-Vale.of.Pnath-Valhalore-Varg-Visceral.Disgorge-Vitriol-Vreid-Vulvodynia-Watain-Winterfylethal-Wintersun-Wolfchant-Wolves.In.The.Throne.Room-Wormwitch

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:51 am

bodomdragon wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:27 am Interesting to see that "Wild" has been capitalized for some reason... anyone can think of a heavily requested band that starts by "Wild..." ?

Quit messing with me.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:58 am

Looks like Glenn Fricker from the Spector Media youtube channel will be on board along with Trey Xavier from Gear Gods.

Not sure how many people watch these youtube channels, but if you are a fan look out for these guys.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:02 am

Andy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 am Well, you asked for it! Here's another triple tap of bands for you Sailors!
    Don't think I didn't notice your sneaky random capitalizing of letters, Andy, I'm on to you. At least one more band coming our way :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:13 am

Well well my friends!!! Have safe travels everyone ✈️ 💖🎉🎉🙌🛳️ :beerbang:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
  • Marmotte
    Oiler

by Marmotte » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:15 am

mooyagi wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:36 am
    Yup, he did it :shock:
    After canceling my cabin I don't regret it anymore. With only 4 bands out of 60 that I'm interested to see in the end, this years wasn't meant for me. Maybe next year. :lol:
    Have fun :3drunks:
    Whishlist: Powerwolf, Moonspell, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Turisas, Katatonia, Circus Maximus, BabyMetal, Myrath, Iced Earth, Arch Enemy
  • progsteph
    Crewman

by progsteph » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:16 am

Well... a triple of Iced Earth, Blind Guardian and Demons & Wizards would have saved this cruise...
    but now all hope is gone.

need a time machine for the younger me wanting to book because its gonna be an anniversary and a lot of well known bands.... :bitch:

don't get me wrong i like to discover new bands as well...in addition!
    2017 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2020 survivor

Wishlist: Avatarium/Blind Guardian/Behemoth/Dimmu Borgir/Dream Theater/In Flames/Lacuna Coil/Machine Head/Oceans of Slumber/Paradise Lost/Savatage/Slayer/Stratovarius/Vanden Plas/Vuur/Zeal&Ardor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:20 am

He also capitalized “ embarkation”,sometimes a capital letter is just a capital letter.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:37 am

Marmotte wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:15 am
    After canceling my cabin I don't regret it anymore. With only 4 bands out of 60 that I'm interested to see in the end, this years wasn't meant for me. Maybe next year. :lol:
    I don't know which 4 it is, but seeing your signature, you should definitely try Soen, Aeternam, Axxis, Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Omnium Gatherum, Orphaned Land, Wintersun, Aether Realm, Bloodbound, Ghost Ship Octavius, Grave Digger and At the Gates. At least.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:53 am

PotatoPotahto wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:02 am
    Don't think I didn't notice your sneaky random capitalizing of letters, Andy, I'm on to you. At least one more band coming our way :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    The "E" & "W" are capitalized. Electric Wizard announcement imminent? :smoking:

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:55 am

Regardless if there is an additional announcement to be made, this Round X is in the sack.

I still cannot believe the amount of bitching. In my opinion there are solid bands worth the cruise. You can't get them all and you can't please everybody.

Glad that I got at least 4 bands from my wishlist that I really wanted to see for the first time, plus several good ones.

My body's ready! Bring it!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:09 am

cegr80 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:55 am Regardless if there is an additional announcement to be made, this Round X is in the sack.

I still cannot believe the amount of bitching. In my opinion there are solid bands worth the cruise. You can't get them all and you can't please everybody.

Glad that I got at least 4 bands from my wishlist that I really wanted to see for the first time, plus several good ones.

My body's ready! Bring it!
    Agreed, this lineup might not be the X Round we were waiting for, but I'm so hyped and ready for this. So many bands I want to see, musician I want to meet and friends to renew with. It is going to be another wild ride, bring it.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:42 am

bodomdragon wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:37 am
    Marmotte wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:15 am

I don't know which 4 it is, but seeing your signature, you should definitely try Soen, Aeternam, Axxis, Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Omnium Gatherum, Orphaned Land, Wintersun, Aether Realm, Bloodbound, Ghost Ship Octavius, Grave Digger and At the Gates. At least.
    some people just don't want to try new music. oh well. more food for me.
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 am

There's a lot of Dark Matter on Spotify, can someone confirm if I'm listing to the right one?

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6ij2QdA ... OtmCfFah8w
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:23 am

JamieS wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 am There's a lot of Dark Matter on Spotify, can someone confirm if I'm listing to the right one?

can't get spotify while I'm at work, but... I can't find them on metal-tracker. There was one from the UK though. this is the right one: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Da ... 3540409582
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:27 am

cholernik wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:23 am
    JamieS wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 am There's a lot of Dark Matter on Spotify, can someone confirm if I'm listing to the right one?

can't get spotify while I'm at work, but... I can't find them on metal-tracker. There was one from the UK though. this is the right one: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Da ... 3540409582
    That's who I linked to on Spotify. Thanks. I suppose I could've just clicked the link in the Facebook post to figure that out. *shrug*
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:32 am

JamieS wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:27 am
    cholernik wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:23 am

That's who I linked to on Spotify. Thanks. I suppose I could've just clicked the link in the Facebook post to figure that out. *shrug*
    yea but that takes effort, and effort is work and work is hard. I wish I could listen to them, their info seems up my alley, but everything at my job is blocked except a few sites. I'm sure i'll forget by the time I get home
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:55 am

The Facebook page is claiming that the random capitals are just an accident, so this may be it for the lineup. On the other hand, they haven't come right out and said that this is it, so we shall see. Ereb Altor is cool, at least.

TBH, while I'm a big fan of the big and mid level bands Andy gets out this year as every year, the more I get plugged into the international scene the more I feel a lil dissapointed by his choice of little guys. There's lots of small name bands getting lots of love in the blog scene who I'm sure would love to play a fest like this, and his picks always feel a little.... strange. That said, every band he's announced this year has had at least a few people on FB getting excited, so that's good to see!
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • progsteph
    Crewman

by progsteph » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:36 pm

:D is this maybe the first time there is no german middle age instrument band on board? :-)
    2017 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2020 survivor

Wishlist: Avatarium/Blind Guardian/Behemoth/Dimmu Borgir/Dream Theater/In Flames/Lacuna Coil/Machine Head/Oceans of Slumber/Paradise Lost/Savatage/Slayer/Stratovarius/Vanden Plas/Vuur/Zeal&Ardor
  • DudeBro
    Oiler

by DudeBro » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:40 pm

progsteph wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:36 pm :D is this maybe the first time there is no german middle age instrument band on board? :-)
    Grave Digger?
    S:2015, 2020

Airbourne + Babymetal + Crystal Viper + Dethklok + Enforcer + Eternal Champion + Grand Magus + Hell + Slough Feg + Magic Circle + Nekrogoblikon + Powerwolf + Stormwarrior + Sumerlands + The Sword + Visigoth
  • progsteph
    Crewman

by progsteph » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:58 pm

DudeBro wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:40 pm
    progsteph wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:36 pm :D is this maybe the first time there is no german middle age instrument band on board? :-)
    Grave Digger?
    well not really... i mean more like in extremo, saltatio mortis, subway to sally (been 2019). i thought one of them was on every year so far...
    2017 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2020 survivor

• EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:16 pm

9th Cruise - And I have still never received a wishlist band.

That said, this might be one of my favorite lineups, which I didn't expect before/during the "break". :deathhorns:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:41 pm

Now that the lineup is complete(?), I gotta say that I'm pretty impressed. While there may be fewer "5 on the Scale" bands than in previous years for me, overall there's far more bands I want to see than I'm going to have time for. I'm particularly impressed, given our concerns that the end of the lineup would be a bunch of nobodies, that there seems to be very few (5-7?) cripper-level bands this time around.

All in, I'm very excited to hit the seas with y'all soon!
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Sixty Is NOT Enough!

by Andy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:53 pm

Well we really couldn't help ourselves, Sailors. 60 bands playing 120 concerts on broad our 154,000ton luxury cruise ship, the Independence of the Seas, is simply not enough METAL!

This is 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise and are so excited to partake in Round X with our International Heavy Metal Family. That being said, we are pleased to welcome WILDERUN on broad as the 61st band.

We can barely hold in our excitement, see all of you Soon!

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Sixty Is NOT Enough!

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:59 pm

Oh My Fucking God.
    Andy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:53 pm Well we really couldn't help ourselves, Sailors. 60 bands playing 120 concerts on broad our 154,000ton luxury cruise ship, the Independence of the Seas, is simply not enough METAL!

This is 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise and are so excited to partake in Round X with our International Heavy Metal Family. That being said, we are pleased to welcome WILDERUN on broad as the 61st band.

We can barely hold in our excitement, see all of you Soon!

Last edited by Pellaz on Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 2037 posts