Post Reply 97 posts
70K 2020 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

Re: 70K 2020 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by cholernik » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:44 am

I want to do this, because it'd be cool just to know some people, but I don't want to commit to anything. Soooo yeah gonna pass, maybe next time. if there is a next time.
    2020: Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:56 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:49 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:00 pm
    Danny24601 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 pm I should toss myself on this, I don't think I've met most of you yet and this seems to be as good a time as any.
    Awesome. You'll be easy to recognize, with that fine white fur and all. :lol:
    Sadly I'm not nearly as cute in real life.
    Gotta say, that IS a really pretty dog. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:35 pm

We had a nice turnout this year at the Viking Crown. I believe some people from the Discord gaming chat community also joined us, hence the increased number of unknown people around
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:01 am

Yea I'll do this next year. I really was exploring the ship, plus my wife and I ran into an old friend that used to live in Milwaukee, so I don't think I would've been able to make it anyway this year. I wonder if I ran into any of you people, I didn't really talk to many strangers.
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:31 pm

cegr80 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:35 pm We had a nice turnout this year at the Viking Crown. I believe some people from the Discord gaming chat community also joined us, hence the increased number of unknown people around
    That's why there were so many people there, haha!

Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:30 pm

thanks for posting the picture , it is a great group shot of everyone !
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:40 pm

cholernik wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:01 am Yea I'll do this next year. I really was exploring the ship, plus my wife and I ran into an old friend that used to live in Milwaukee, so I don't think I would've been able to make it anyway this year. I wonder if I ran into any of you people, I didn't really talk to many strangers.
    You missed at least one place in your exploration then. lol

It was cool while I was there, but I jetted before the picture because I needed a coffee fix before the muster drill.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:19 pm

It was really great getting to meet everyone! I'm in Discord as well and we did kind of merge them, but everyone seemed to have a good time. :bangers:
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      cholernik
      Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:00 am

toby wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:40 pm
      cholernik wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:01 am Yea I'll do this next year. I really was exploring the ship, plus my wife and I ran into an old friend that used to live in Milwaukee, so I don't think I would've been able to make it anyway this year. I wonder if I ran into any of you people, I didn't really talk to many strangers.
      You missed at least one place in your exploration then. lol

It was cool while I was there, but I jetted before the picture because I needed a coffee fix before the muster drill.
      Oh I found it eventually... on day 2. I wasn't really focused on meeting new people this year, I wanted to take everything in and not waste time spewing out fake convos about whatever. I think we talked to maybe 3 or 4 cruisers. It's like when you're a n00b you just sit in the corner and watch. Next year we'll be more vocal and not shy
      cegr80
      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:27 am

Pellaz posted a couple more pictures on Facebook. I will try to upload them here tonite (those look better and have additional people)
      2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:24 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:19 pm It was really great getting to meet everyone! I'm in Discord as well and we did kind of merge them, but everyone seemed to have a good time. :bangers:
      Yes, there was little or no...discord...observed. :lol:
      cegr80 wrote:
      Pellaz posted a couple more pictures on Facebook. I will try to upload them here tonite (those look better and have additional people)
      Thanks for that. I'm at work and can't do the re-post.
      2025 Wishlist:
      1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
      cegr80
      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:36 pm

Better late than never! These are the pics Pellaz posted on fb:

• Bob
      Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:15 am

cegr80 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:35 pm We had a nice turnout this year at the Viking Crown. I believe some people from the Discord gaming chat community also joined us, hence the increased number of unknown people around
      Haha! When I got up there I saw a crowd of all these people I didn't know and wondered if I had gone to the correct space. But then I saw a few I recognized.

Maybe next year have the Discord people assemble on the port side and the Forum people assemble on the starboard side.

I don't really mind if they are merged tho, just a suggestion.
      Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
      1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
      2. Never seen them live.
      Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
      3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
      Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
      70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    • Phoenix
      Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:35 am

Bob wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:15 am Haha! When I got up there I saw a crowd of all these people I didn't know and wondered if I had gone to the correct space. But then I saw a few I recognized.

Maybe next year have the Discord people assemble on the port side and the Forum people assemble on the starboard side.

I don't really mind if they are merged tho, just a suggestion.
      And the people that overlap stand in the middle?

Survivor:
      Out for 2023
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Bob wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:15 am
      And then! WALL OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Upcoming Gigs:
      -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
      2025 Wishlist
      Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
      cegr80
      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:30 am

Discord actually had something like 3 or 4 meetings this year, so they are far ahead from us :lol:
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:35 pm
      Bob wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:15 am
      And then! WALL OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Beat me to it.

:lol: :lol:
      2025 Wishlist: