Locked 34 posts Page 1 of 1
Suggestion for the cruise regarding booze
  • Metalwrath

Suggestion for the cruise regarding booze

by Metalwrath » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:38 am

Ok i know i'm not the only one who is thinking this but what is the situation in regards to drinking in cabins.
    Traditionally on metal cruises me and my friends buy a fuck load of cans of beer cause half the time we are not watching the bands and partying in our cabins or in the halls outside our cabins blasing music from speakers inside.

I know obviously if i go to the bar they aren't gonna let me leave the area with that drink and to be honest i'm too lazy to go back and forth from the cabin every time i want a beer.

Maybe you could make a contract with some company to have a vendor well they ell 6 packs of beer or something so we could bring back to the cabin and drink.
    I'm not gonna suggest hard liquor cause i know that will probably not be allowed but the idea of waiting around for room service or going to the bar everytime you want a drink really sucks.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

Re: Suggestion for the cruise regarding booze

by Jaimie38 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:08 am

I figure to just order a flat every day and keep in the sink with ice, so when people are in between bands or wahtver to hang out and meet people and chill.
    :givebeer:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:27 am

Metalwrath wrote:Ok i know i'm not the only one who is thinking this but what is the situation in regards to drinking in cabins.
    Traditionally on metal cruises me and my friends buy a fuck load of cans of beer cause half the time we are not watching the bands and partying in our cabins or in the halls outside our cabins blasing music from speakers inside.

I know obviously if i go to the bar they aren't gonna let me leave the area with that drink and to be honest i'm too lazy to go back and forth from the cabin every time i want a beer.

Maybe you could make a contract with some company to have a vendor well they ell 6 packs of beer or something so we could bring back to the cabin and drink.
    I'm not gonna suggest hard liquor cause i know that will probably not be allowed but the idea of waiting around for room service or going to the bar everytime you want a drink really sucks.

"sushi-bar and grills, up to 24h room service in your private cabin!" I never been on a cruise but i imagine you can order drinks?? MOST ( NOT ALL) the hotels i've stayed at you can order wine and such.
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:50 pm

Ive been on 3 cruises before. You get to take your drinks wherever you want. You can buy buckets of beer with ice and bring them to your cabin or bring your drinks too.

Savy travelers looking to save money (the bar tabs can get outrageous) smuggle bottles of hard liquor in their luggage. You get ice and free non carbonated beverages like lemonade and ice tea. They have dispensers with these on all the decks. So be sure to bring one of those large plastic drink cups with the screw on top that come with the built in straw, they also sell those on the cruises. And fill those up with ice and your favorite mixer and you can make cocktails in your rooms and also bring those on deck. These cups come in handy for bringing your drinks to the pool also even if its just iced tea etc.

If you prefer soda as your mixer or just plain as your drink most cruises generally have a flat fee for all the soda you can drink for the duration of the cruise. Most people stuck to ice tea.

I didnt do much of the smuggling booze myself, I stuck pretty much to (a lot of) beer and an occcassional rum drink myself, (plus shots).
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks BehnWilson. Can you advise how much a bucket of beers cost? How many bottles you get in bucket? Just trying to figure out a ballpark figure. Thanks :viking:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:01 pm

This will be my first cruise, but normally 5 beers come in a bucket, and I think beers will be @ 4 dollars per bottle... so maybe @ $20 per bucket? And that's for the Bud/Miller/Coors products usually.
    Hope this helps.
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:24 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:This will be my first cruise, but normally 5 beers come in a bucket, and I think beers will be @ 4 dollars per bottle... so maybe @ $20 per bucket? And that's for the Bud/Miller/Coors products usually.
    Hope this helps.

Found this on a cruise forum. Prices from Aug of '09 so they are probably still accurate. We just returned from our 3rd cruise on Carnival and the drink pricing was very similar.

from: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1044001

I happen to have a Bolero's menu right here in my hot little hands from 2 wks ago...
    Frozen:
    XO Colada-$7
    Ulitmate Pina Colada-$6.75
    Passion-Mangorita-$8.75
    Mango berry Daiquiri-$6.75
    Wildberry Lava Flow-$8.25

ROCKS:
    Patron perfect margarita-$8.75
    Cuba Libre (rum & Coke)-$7
    Sombrero-$6

MARTINIS:
    Tequini-$9.75
    Ruby Red Martini-$8
    Pear Melon Martini-$8

ESPECIAL DE BOLEROS:
    Mojito (personal Favorite!!)-$5.75
    Royal Mojito-$5.75
    Mango Mojito-$5.75
    Pineapple Mojito-$5.75
    Caipirinha-$6
    Caipirissima-$7.25
    Batidas-6.75

WINE:
    from $6 to $8 by the glass from selected wines (nothing fancy, around $8 to $12 a bottle at home type)

CERVEZA:
    Dos Equis-$4.75
    most imports were $4.75 some from every country just about, Fosters Oil Can was $6.95 BIG
    Domestic beer-$4.95 all American brands from Coors-$3.95 to Miller-$3.95 to Bud $4.95 and Michelob $4.95.

Smirnoff Ice-$4.50
    :party:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:14 am

beer prices are quite ok - but the quantity will make it expensive nonetheless
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:47 pm

So if a Rum and Coke is $5.50, the Jack and Cokes will be about the same. Awesome! :cheers:
    Thanks for that list!!
    Manowar wrote:Come here! REMOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR GARMENTS!

DragonLordJones wrote:judge no 2

oh by the way I'm partially blind so I hope they come in braille :cheers: :lol:
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks. Those prices are not too bad :viking:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Two Shot Tawd
    Crewman

by Two Shot Tawd » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:24 pm

I'm screwed ! lol ! Anybody know the price of a Jager shot ?
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:30 pm

Two Shot Tawd wrote:I'm screwed ! lol ! Anybody know the price of a Jager shot ?

Fuck it dude! Just do a Jaegerbomb! It'd probably be cheaper AND it'd get you energized! :lol:

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:07 am

grimmy82 wrote:
    Two Shot Tawd wrote:I'm screwed ! lol ! Anybody know the price of a Jager shot ?

Fuck it dude! Just do a Jaegerbomb! It'd probably be cheaper AND it'd get you energized! :lol:

Yeah!....lol....like this guy needs any more "energizing"!! :shock: :lol:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:16 am

So we're allowed to walk around with booze? Will they stamp "MINOR" on peoples foreheads?
    Being a Quebecer, I've been drinking legally for a few years... but will only be 20 on the cruise... so... how are they going to go about i.d-ing people?
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:24 am

Samhain wrote:So we're allowed to walk around with booze? Will they stamp "MINOR" on peoples foreheads?
    Being a Quebecer, I've been drinking legally for a few years... but will only be 20 on the cruise... so... how are they going to go about i.d-ing people?

There will be some indication of your age on your room key/onboard credit card which you use to pay for everything on the boat. You def. won't get away with buying your own drinks but no worries about walking round w/ a drink in hand, no one will be id-ing you on the lido deck. As for obtaining said drinks, since the cruise will be a "sausage fest" (according to some offensive females on here) you should have no trouble finding willing sausage-wielders to buy all the drinks you desire :lol: :lol: :lol: :party:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:32 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    Samhain wrote:So we're allowed to walk around with booze? Will they stamp "MINOR" on peoples foreheads?

There will be some indication of your age on your room key/onboard credit card which you use to pay for everything on the boat. You def. won't get away with buying your own drinks but no worries about walking round w/ a drink in hand, no one will be id-ing you on the lido deck. As for obtaining said drinks, since the cruise will be a "sausage fest" (according to some offensive females on here) you should have no trouble finding willing sausage-wielders to buy all the drinks you desire :lol: :lol: :lol: :party:

Ahaha!! Precisely my thoughts on the matter! Willing to pay for my own booze, just incapable of buying it. Thanks for the info, definitely makes the cruise that much more exciting. You wont get me yet sobriety!! *shakes fist*
    Dear Americans... change your stupid laws. :P
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:20 am

Here's another idea:

1. Down a gallon of your favorite liquor minutes before getting onboard.
    2. Go to your room immediately and vomit into a bucket.
    3. Sip on the bucket as needed for the next 4 days.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:28 am

Deathbringer wrote:Here's another idea:

that qualifies as exceptionally funny. good job! : :cheers:

Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Would they let you on board completely inebriated? If so....... :P

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Samhain wrote:

Would they let you on board completely inebriated? If so....... :P

NO! they won't....so dont listen to them!! :P :cheers:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Disaster Area wrote:

Doesn't this trip require someone to be 21 and over to rent a cabin?? Does that mean that technically anyone (+/- 21) can order drinks to the room and place it on the card??

Whenever i stay at a hotel in the US, this is usually the way i get my booze (did it at 18, and 19 in Texas and Maryland) they don't id the person answering the door and i guess it doesn't state the anywhere on the reservation that they're under 21. My room mate is 21, but i was kinda nervous about drinking on the boat and someone checking and sending me to some sort of boat jail for the entirety of the trip =O

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

Doesn't this trip require someone to be 21 and over to rent a cabin?? Does that mean that technically anyone (+/- 21) can order drinks to the room and place it on the card??

Whenever i stay at a hotel in the US, this is usually the way i get my booze (did it at 18, and 19 in Texas and Maryland) they don't id the person answering the door and i guess it doesn't state the anywhere on the reservation that they're under 21. My room mate is 21, but i was kinda nervous about drinking on the boat and someone checking and sending me to some sort of boat jail for the entirety of the trip =O

sure, that would probably work for you,

you underage alcoholic juvenile delinquent. :beerwink:

Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:28 am

Whenever i stay at a hotel in the US, this is usually the way i get my booze (did it at 18, and 19 in Texas and Maryland) they don't id the person answering the door and i guess it doesn't state the anywhere on the reservation that they're under 21. My room mate is 21, but i was kinda nervous about drinking on the boat and someone checking and sending me to some sort of boat jail for the entirety of the trip =O[/quote]

sure, that would probably work for you,

you underage alcoholic juvenile delinquent. :beerwink:[/quote]

in any other country i would be a regular alcoholic :givebeer:

Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    in any other country i would be a regular alcoholic :givebeer:

-Exactly-. I was also worried about some sort of boat jail haha. If this is the case... it will be a very packed boat jail.

grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:36 pm

I wonder how much security personnel will be on this boat :lol:

Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:44 pm

grimmy82 wrote:I wonder how much security personnel will be on this boat :lol:

Lets hope they all look like the closing pitcher from the Giants, Brian Wilson so you can keep them without garments :lol:

grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    grimmy82 wrote:I wonder how much security personnel will be on this boat :lol:

Lets hope they all look like the closing pitcher from the Giants, Brian Wilson so you can keep them without garments :lol:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shred:

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:19 pm

I here by declare I will be the Deck 6 bootlegger. I'll buy a flat(24) beers a day and the "old enough to vote or go to war for your country but a pint in the pub will get you jailed" crowd can come by and grab a bevey.. mm.. Just like high school doling beers out of my trunk!! LOL :heavydrink:

Jaimie
    NOTE* I am NOT a dirty old man
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:41 pm

What kind of old man are you then? :lol:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:50 pm

grimmy82 wrote:What kind of old man are you then? :lol:

Typical Canadian metalhead variety I think :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:18 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    grimmy82 wrote:What kind of old man are you then? :lol:

Typical Canadian metalhead variety I think :headbanger:

Is he the accomplice you told me about?? Uh oh! :lol:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:58 am

grimmy82 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Typical Canadian metalhead variety I think :headbanger:

You've got a good memory... forgot all about that. Hmmm, no, I think I'll rope Debb into that role :lol: :twisted:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:45 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    grimmy82 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Typical Canadian metalhead variety I think :headbanger:

You've got a good memory... forgot all about that. Hmmm, no, I think I'll rope Debb into that role :lol: :twisted:

I plan on being on deck 3 experiencing Canadian multi-cultural learnings. :lol:

• FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:59 pm

THIS CRUISE JUST CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON JANUARY AND GET HERE DAMN IT!!!!!!! :viking: :viking:

Locked 34 posts Page 1 of 1