Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1
What's next...?
    spooky
    Petty Officer

What's next...?

by spooky » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:48 am

Any speculation, thoughts on what's happening next year beyond Jamaica? Ship change? Dates? You all seem to love the guessing games.... :trashdrink:
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: What's next...?

by metalforever » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:02 am

I am curious since the 2021 Superbowl will be in Tampa Florida on 2/7/21, if that weekend would not be considered due to significant congestion in the state of Florida , even though I realize the distance is quite far about 265 miles from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale , it still might impact certain aspects of the cruise .
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:20 am

metalforever wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:02 am I am curious since the 2021 Superbowl will be in Tampa Florida on 2/7/21, if that weekend would not be considered due to significant congestion in the state of Florida , even though I realize the distance is quite far about 265 miles from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale , it still might impact certain aspects of the cruise .
    well the super bowl this year will be in Miami and I'm pretty sure that's why the cruise was so early this year. Tampa is across the state but yeah still close-ish, so maybe the 2021 cruise will be around the same time as 2020.

I hope the boat stays the same because after walking all over the damn thing, I feel like I know where everything is, and I'd hate to be lost
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:22 am

There's been some speculation about a bigger boat but given how this year seemed to struggle to sell out I doubt it will happen this year. I'd guess they'd want another year or two of solid sellouts like 2018-19 before they think about upping the ship class.

As per the dates, I didn't realise the Superbowl was so close again, that may be an impact on dates. Otherwise, I'd guess that the delay in announcing dates is just a holdover from the disorganisation we had this year, with the ship booking not lined up to go yet.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:43 pm

My speculation from the megathread is that Independence doesn't have bookable cruises Jan 14 - Feb 4 (according to this), so the cruise would fall in that date range. Someone pointed out that some previous 70k cruises have been inadvertently listed for public booking, so I'll toss out a more fun speculation: Feb 13 5-night cruise to Labadee, Haiti and Falmouth, Jamaica.
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:45 pm

I don't think the Super Bowl would impact anything cause no one is going to be flying into Miami or Fort Lauderdale and then driving to Tampa. They'll all likely fly into Tampa or Orlando. Spent way too much time analyzing stuff the other day and if we go to a larger ship, that means that cruise will have to be 7 days since the Freedom Class ships are the biggest that don't do more than 5 days for charters. Liberty is technically a little bigger, but currently they are only listed to do 7 nigh cruises for charter. I also looked at what dates would be 4 day cruises on Independence and these were the only 2: 01/07-01/11; 02/04-02/08. Considering the Super Bowl trend, my guess is 02/04-02/08. That said, there is a gap on Independence from 02/08-02/13, but I'm assuming that MOR already chartered those dates since they have the same dates this year. Still, it's possible we are going to a 5 day, but if I had to pick, I'm sticking with my 4 day guess.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:04 pm

What we do know:

- Will be 10th Anniversary
      - Will sail to Jamiaca
      - Will be in 2021

What we do not know:
      - Which ship
      - Which dates

I'm leaning towards superbowl weekend, back on the Independence. But clearly SOMETHING is up else it would have been a no-brainer to announce that on the final night.
      Upcoming Gigs:
      -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
      2025 Wishlist
      Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
      cholernik
      Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:05 am

I'm expecting something special for the 10th anniversary, something like another day and another stop. Think of the destination announcement like band announcements, when Andy has multiple things he drags them out. He said we'll be going to Jamaica, he didn't say we were only going to Jamaica :D . So, in my mind, multiple destinations means multiple announcements. That's just wishful thinking. I don't know shit, nobody knows shit.
    • metalforever
      Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:11 am

cholernik wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:05 am I'm expecting something special for the 10th anniversary, something like another day and another stop. Think of the destination announcement like band announcements, when Andy has multiple things he drags them out. He said we'll be going to Jamaica, he didn't say we were only going to Jamaica :D . So, in my mind, multiple destinations means multiple announcements. That's just wishful thinking. I don't know shit, nobody knows shit.

Adding one extra day and one more stop is a great idea !!!!!!!!!! I hope this is being considered !
      toby
      Midshipman

by toby » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:25 am

JamieS wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:43 pm My speculation from the megathread is that Independence doesn't have bookable cruises Jan 14 - Feb 4 (according to this), so the cruise would fall in that date range. Someone pointed out that some previous 70k cruises have been inadvertently listed for public booking, so I'll toss out a more fun speculation: Feb 13 5-night cruise to Labadee, Haiti and Falmouth, Jamaica.
      Having pre-existing cruises converted to charters is pretty normal (Several MORCs have had that happen also and people that booked the regular cruise got a bump notice that it was no longer available). And yes, I also noticed that there are 3 different sailing dates for that specific cruise on Indy (1/2, 2/13, 2/27).
      Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
      A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:51 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:04 pm What we do know:

- Will be 10th Anniversary
      - Will sail to Jamiaca
      - Will be in 2021

What we do not know:
      - Which ship
      - Which dates
      Also, we don't know what cruise line. :shock:

UMC's 10-year contract with Royal was up with this year's cruise. I don't expect them to leave Royal -- or for Royal to LET us leave -- but technically we don't know it for sure.
      I'm leaning towards superbowl weekend, back on the Independence. But clearly SOMETHING is up else it would have been a no-brainer to announce that on the final night.
      Yep. Velly innnnteresting.
      2025 Wishlist:
      1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
      2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
      2025: most likely
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:21 pm

toby wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:25 am
      JamieS wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:43 pm My speculation from the megathread is that Independence doesn't have bookable cruises Jan 14 - Feb 4 (according to this), so the cruise would fall in that date range. Someone pointed out that some previous 70k cruises have been inadvertently listed for public booking, so I'll toss out a more fun speculation: Feb 13 5-night cruise to Labadee, Haiti and Falmouth, Jamaica.
      Having pre-existing cruises converted to charters is pretty normal (Several MORCs have had that happen also and people that booked the regular cruise got a bump notice that it was no longer available). And yes, I also noticed that there are 3 different sailing dates for that specific cruise on Indy (1/2, 2/13, 2/27).
      This actually JUST happened with the Independence, within the last few days, according to posts on CruiseCritic. Existing reservations were cancelled with an option to rebook similar cruises, with a cruise credit. Sucks to have already booked nonrefundable travel, though.
      2025 Wishlist:
      1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
      2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
      2025: most likely
      toby
      Midshipman

by toby » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:02 am

Pellaz wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:21 pmThis actually JUST happened with the Independence, within the last few days, according to posts on CruiseCritic. Existing reservations were cancelled with an option to rebook similar cruises, with a cruise credit. Sucks to have already booked nonrefundable travel, though.
      Yep. I almost never book anything nonrefundable for that reason.
      Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
      A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:44 pm

Also interesting that they have:

- Already given us a logo for 2021
      - Already wiped clean the Artists page and replaced with #soon
      - Already reset the 'book now' and 'price per person' pages

BUT, they have NOT:

- Updated the 'ship facts' page (https://70000tons.com/ship-facts/).

If we were sailing on Indy again, that page literally would just need "2020" replaced by "2021" and its ready to go! The fact that they have not done that indicates that maybe the ink isn't dry on the contract yet.
      Upcoming Gigs:
      -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
      2025 Wishlist
      Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1