Post Reply 246 posts
Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!

by cowboy71 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:28 pm

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... e3b05a8108

"Experts predict international borders will remain closed until 2021"

So the chances of oooooh flying from Australia to one side of America, and then going through LAX to catch a plane to the OTHER side of America, and then get on a CRUISE SHIP to sail around the Caribbean in the FIRST WEEK of 2021? Yeah not gonna happen.

I have given up hope of attending 70K 2021 in January.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

Re: Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!

by slayergeek » Mon May 04, 2020 4:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:28 pm https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... e3b05a8108

"Experts predict international borders will remain closed until 2021"

So the chances of oooooh flying from Australia to one side of America, and then going through LAX to catch a plane to the OTHER side of America, and then get on a CRUISE SHIP to sail around the Caribbean in the FIRST WEEK of 2021? Yeah not gonna happen.

I have given up hope of attending 70K 2021 in January.
    It would be good if Andy gave an official word. Given his history of being secretive, as well as wanting to be sure he has everything figured out before he says anything at all, I suspect we wont hear from him until late summer or maybe even fall (though I hope not).

Though Andy, if you're listening, the number 1 complaint every year is the lack of communication. If you want to fix that, communicate. Tell us what you are thinking, even if no formal promises are being made for example.

'We understand that given the current state of the world that moving ahead with the announced January event date is understandably in question. We are currently working very hard to try and make this date work under circumstances we anticipate will exist in January. We are also eyeing alternate dates and scenarios as this may be required given the pandemic that has swept the globe. Stay tuned'

You see, you didn't actually say anything, you didn't actually promise anything, but you communicated what one would deem reasonable under the circumstances.

You can do it man! We believe in you :) Feel free to copy and paste.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:58 pm

Yeah I reckon if this stuff occurred after the first cruise, or maybe even the second, we would have heard something from skipper by now, even if that something amounted to nothing.

Now? I do not expect to hear anything for months.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:04 pm

Interesting to see how the competition are handling it.

Monsters of Rock cruise - still going ahead, a fair lineup announced already, but have said they are delaying doing too much due to Covid

Shiprocked - going ahead, pre-bookings open, general bookings open today (HEAPS sold out already), and have a COVID information page on their website:
    https://www.shiprocked.com/prices
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu May 07, 2020 9:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:04 pm Interesting to see how the competition are handling it.

Monsters of Rock cruise - still going ahead, a fair lineup announced already, but have said they are delaying doing too much due to Covid

Shiprocked - going ahead, pre-bookings open, general bookings open today (HEAPS sold out already), and have a COVID information page on their website:
    https://www.shiprocked.com/prices
    Not really "competition," but Star Trek: The Cruise is also being upfront about the Virus and began taking bookings for their next sailing. It DOES seem to be selling a little slower than normal, though.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat May 09, 2020 4:36 pm

In EXACTLY 8 months time, in a perfect world, we will be enjoying shows on the 3rd evening of 70000 Tons of Metal 2021 after spending the day in Jamaica.

In a perfect world.

But it's not a perfect world - how in the hell is that going to be possible in exactly 8 months time??

I just do not see it happening.

The most likely scenario barring a vaccine coming out beforehand, is a very restricted cruise - predominantly younger, predominantly American, cruisers AND bands, on a smaller ship travelling to Jamaica and maybe no-one even being allowed to get off the ship.

If they do get off the ship, I imagine they will be swamped by vendors even more over-zealous than previous years because their income has been hit so hard due to the virus.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:10 pm

Would it be too much to ask from our fearless leader The Skipper to comment on the current cruise boat industry?

(I am so naive, I know)
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon May 18, 2020 4:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:36 pm In EXACTLY 8 months time, in a perfect world, we will be enjoying shows on the 3rd evening of 70000 Tons of Metal 2021 after spending the day in Jamaica.

In a perfect world.

But it's not a perfect world - how in the hell is that going to be possible in exactly 8 months time??

I just do not see it happening.

The most likely scenario barring a vaccine coming out beforehand, is a very restricted cruise - predominantly younger, predominantly American, cruisers AND bands, on a smaller ship travelling to Jamaica and maybe no-one even being allowed to get off the ship.
    As a USAian, I might go for that IF the prices reflected the overall decrease in size and scope. But that's a hard "might."
    If they do get off the ship, I imagine they will be swamped by vendors even more over-zealous than previous years because their income has been hit so hard due to the virus.
    It'd be like that "fighting through the terminal" scene in the movie Airplane. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon May 18, 2020 8:39 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:40 pmIt'd be like that "fighting through the terminal" scene in the movie Airplane. :lol:
    Shit wrong thread, but see your reply to me in the “Shore excursions” thread.
    (I’m a programmer, so I’d rather die than copy what I can reuse :-))
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon May 18, 2020 9:18 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:10 pm Would it be too much to ask from our fearless leader The Skipper to comment on the current cruise boat industry?

(I am so naive, I know)
    Yes.

Yes, it would. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Wed May 20, 2020 11:25 am

I'd would say Andy hit a jackpot in case he didn't book any ship yet. For a cruise like 70k to be unique, it needs people from around the globe performing and attend. I don't see it happening next year. They can't offer so good terms of cancellation than flight or big cruise companies unless they will get much better for themselves. I booked "inside EU" cruise for September but it was just because of RC's 125% cruise credit in case I have to cancel it before 48 hours. Flight company also allows late cancellation even for cheapest tickets. Travlling inside EU might be allowed sooner than intercontinental travelling.

In case you have booked a private cruise (which should usually be booked one year in advance), is there any way to avoid to eat all of the s**t that's going to fly? Insurance yeah, but what does it cover? Could this be the death for some themed cruises?
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:58 am

FinnPete wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:25 am I'd would say Andy hit a jackpot in case he didn't book any ship yet. For a cruise like 70k to be unique, it needs people from around the globe performing and attend. I don't see it happening next year. They can't offer so good terms of cancellation than flight or big cruise companies unless they will get much better for themselves. I booked "inside EU" cruise for September but it was just because of RC's 125% cruise credit in case I have to cancel it before 48 hours. Flight company also allows late cancellation even for cheapest tickets. Travlling inside EU might be allowed sooner than intercontinental travelling.

In case you have booked a private cruise (which should usually be booked one year in advance), is there any way to avoid to eat all of the s**t that's going to fly? Insurance yeah, but what does it cover? Could this be the death for some themed cruises?
    If the cruise itself is cancelled, I would assume RC would just roll it over to next year or provide a refund for a company like 70k. As for just regular folks, I know it's been a mess lately. I work in credit cards and so right now we are slammed with disputes regarding travel (as well as a bunch of other stuff related to the virus). Pretty much what we've been seeing with travel cancellations is most of the companies are being pretty flexible, so that even if someone misses their flight, but couldn't get a hold of the company cause of high call volumes then they will still allow the voucher. The issue is that many companies are saying they will only give a voucher, even if the flight is cancelled by them. So for frequent travelers, this isn't much of an issue, but tons of people rarely travel and just want their refunds. Trip insurance isn't helping much either. We had ticket insurance through Allianz and it was only $15, so not a big deal, but since Graspop was postponed, I checked the rules in the terms in case the line up isn't something we'd want to do next year. Well in the terms it flat out says that pandemics are not covered. We also have a European cruise in August and the cruises are cancelled through July, so I'm sure this will get cancelled as well, but we are waiting to try and get that 125% credit.

I don't think it'll be the death of themed cruises though, but I'm sure some companies will go under, I mean, we've already seen others filing bankruptcy left and right.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri May 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:58 am Trip insurance isn't helping much either. We had ticket insurance through Allianz and it was only $15, so not a big deal, but since Graspop was postponed, I checked the rules in the terms in case the line up isn't something we'd want to do next year. Well in the terms it flat out says that pandemics are not covered.

Travel insurance plans generally have an "out" clause where they are not required to pay benefits after an event is "named" -- whether it's a tropical storm, a hurricane or a pandemic. In the case of COVID-19, I think it was officially named in mid-March, maybe earlier.
      :evil:
      2025 Wishlist:
      Tiki108
      Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:04 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:08 pm
      Tiki108 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:58 am Trip insurance isn't helping much either. We had ticket insurance through Allianz and it was only $15, so not a big deal, but since Graspop was postponed, I checked the rules in the terms in case the line up isn't something we'd want to do next year. Well in the terms it flat out says that pandemics are not covered.

Travel insurance plans generally have an "out" clause where they are not required to pay benefits after an event is "named" -- whether it's a tropical storm, a hurricane or a pandemic. In the case of COVID-19, I think it was officially named in mid-March, maybe earlier.
      :evil:
      Yeah, they usually have that as well. We bought our tickets before that, but this was in our terms:

"Are there limitations in cover? The following are excluded: The disregard of decisions made by the government. Strike action, nuclear radiation, epidemics, quarantine, war, civil war, riots. Excessive use of alcohol, drugs, or medication. Existing claims and wilful intent."
      70K: 2014, 2020
      MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
      Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
      Party.San: 2015
      ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
      Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
        Jaimie38
        Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:16 am

So, can we get at least 2020 After Movie?

:beerwink:
        9 Time Vet.
        Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
        DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
        TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
        cegr80
        Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:17 am

Jaimie38 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:16 am So, can we get at least 2020 After Movie?

We only got the Day 1 Recap, right?
        2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
        Pellaz
        Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:03 am

cegr80 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:17 am
        Jaimie38 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:16 am So, can we get at least 2020 After Movie?

I think they just posted a new one....? Saw it mentioned online (?) but didn't check it out.
        2025 Wishlist:
        slayergeek
        Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Pellaz wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:03 am
        cegr80 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:17 am

I think they just posted a new one....? Saw it mentioned online (?) but didn't check it out.
        Don't think so. The last thing posted to the 'official' YouTube page was 5 months ago, the Day one recap for
        Survivor

WishList
        • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
        cegr80
        Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:53 am

slayergeek wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:27 pm Don't think so. The last thing posted to the 'official' YouTube page was 5 months ago, the Day one recap for
        Correctamundo
      • Godflesh
        Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:32 pm

Andy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:48 pm At Sea and in life, unpredictable storms can arise and we have to stand our ground and wait for the high winds to pass.
        Prophetic.

Andy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:48 pm Watch out for bands, Survivor Pre-Sale and Public Sale dates which will be announced SOON!
        Not prophetic.
        cegr80
        Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:16 am

Andy, please throw us a bone

slayergeek
        Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:06 am

cegr80 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:16 am Andy, please throw us a bone

So Royal Caribbean has been cancelling and pushing back sailings 3 months in advance. So by this (unofficial and approximate time table) Andy wont announce anything until October/November and it will be that 'Royal' cancelled the sailing.

Hopefully we will get a new date (Feb 2022 would work for me, as we now have something to look forward too, and the odds of Covid being a non issue are 'hopefully' high)

I would say the worst case scenario for Andy, is Royal confirms him in November for our current January date and tells him to sail or give up his money and he has to scramble to find bands and passengers who will get on this ship with Covid still a factor...I don't see that happening, but that sounds like it would be shit show scenario to be avoided.
        Survivor

WishList
        cegr80
        Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:45 am

Here is why I think Jamaica will be ruled out for January 2021 (and therefore increasing the chances of the cruise getting pushed to 2022):

One of my younger sisters got COVID-19. She went through it fine, no complications at all, just a loss on taste. After she completed her quarantine she was supposed to travel with her bf to Negril, Jamaica for a vacation week. Her travel was forbidden by the travel agency due to COVID-19 antibodies showing on her latest negative test - apparently this is a requirement coming from jamaican officials, kinda weird tho
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:45 pm

slayergeek wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:06 am
        So Royal Caribbean has been cancelling and pushing back sailings 3 months in advance. So by this (unofficial and approximate time table) Andy wont announce anything until October/November and it will be that 'Royal' cancelled the sailing.

Hopefully we will get a new date (Feb 2022 would work for me, as we now have something to look forward too, and the odds of Covid being a non issue are 'hopefully' high)

I would say the worst case scenario for Andy, is Royal confirms him in November for our current January date and tells him to sail or give up his money and he has to scramble to find bands and passengers who will get on this ship with Covid still a factor...I don't see that happening, but that sounds like it would be shit show scenario to be avoided.
        Agree completely with this. My brother just had this happen for an RC cruise him and his family were meant to go on sailing from here in Australia. Ticked over to less than 3 months until sailing, got contacted to say it had been cancelled.

So given the originally intended sailing date of January 7, I reckon we will get news sometime around October 7. And hopefully they (UMC) have been preparing for this and it not just a "Sorry 70k will not be sailing January 7, because, RC". Hopefully it will be "Sorry 70k will not be sailing January 7, because, RC. HOWEVER! .....we have a new plan, that we will announce, soon."
        Upcoming Gigs:
        2025 Wishlist
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:05 pm

101 days to go. Normally a time of much excite! Now, its more like - 11 days to go. 11 days to go until we hit the "three months from sailing" date, when Royal Caribbean will contact UMC to say "soz your charter be cancelled big surprise! NOT"
        Upcoming Gigs:
        2025 Wishlist
        Sgt. B
        Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:45 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:45 pm .....

So given the originally intended sailing date of January 7, I reckon we will get news sometime around October 7. And hopefully they (UMC) have been preparing for this and it not just a "Sorry 70k will not be sailing January 7, because, RC". Hopefully it will be "Sorry 70k will not be sailing January 7, because, RC. HOWEVER! .....we have a new plan, that we will announce, soon."
        Hi Statsman! :beerwink:

Would Andy's new plan be last minute American band additions. :P

You also forgot to capitalize "SOON"
        1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
        2014: Survivor
        2015: Survivor
        2016: Survivor
        2017: Survivor
        2018: Survivor
        2019: Survivor
        2020: Survivor
        2023: Survivor
        2024: Survivor
        BtH(2012): Survivor
        Cardest
        Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 am

Almost Oct 1st.
        This time last year we got nothing but the pool girl calendar update.
        I think it was October 19 last year we got the first band. Emperor (if I recall).

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
      • deathmetalpat
        Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:32 pm

The CDC wanted to ban sailings from Florida until 15 February 2021 ,but it was overruled because Florida is a swing state in 2020 POTUS election.It is extended to 31st October now ,it was supposed to end soon.
        https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/c ... 508836001/
        2012-14 Survivor
        2015-16 Abandoned Ship
        2017 Returned
        2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
        2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
        2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
        2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
        cegr80
        Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:21 pm

• meshuggah
        Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:47 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:32 pm The CDC wanted to ban sailings from Florida until 15 February 2021 ,but it was overruled because Florida is a swing state in 2020 POTUS election.It is extended to 31st October now ,it was supposed to end soon.
        https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/c ... 508836001/
        I guess that reelection is way more important than the health of the American People. How horrible this all is!
      • Jotunheimr
        Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:30 pm

My brother in law works for Royal Caribbean and he says that there still is a special charter cruise scheduled for the Independence on January 7th but he couldn't confirm whether it's 70K or not. He also said that it's on "code red" status meaning that it will likely be canceled.
        2015: 6511
        2016: 7455
        2020: 3240
        2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
      • Dick
        Oiler

by Dick » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:16 pm

I'd risk covid for 70k this year. idgaf
      • meshuggah
        Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:53 pm

Dick wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:16 pm I'd risk covid for 70k this year. idgaf
        That's just ridiculous. You going to take a chance on those being your last concerts ever?
      • metalforever
        Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:46 pm

meshuggah wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:53 pm
        That's just ridiculous. You going to take a chance on those being your last concerts ever?
        For me it would not be worth the added risk, even as great as 70000 Tons is , I am in a high risk category and it could be the last concerts ever for me , if I attended , waiting for a safe and effective vaccine . To Each His Own .
      • metalforever
        Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:27 pm

Malaka wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:15 pm So cruise ships having years of notoriety for Norovirus outbreaks had zero impact on anyone's decision to attend, but a virus with a 99.9% survival rate would deter you? To each his own, indeed, but how many of you were sick within days of getting off the boat?
        For many people in various higher risk categories the survival rates for this coronavirus is much worse than what you state , I respectfully disagree with you . There are many people worldwide that are at the 86 % to 96 % chance of living thru it if contracted . Many people can have serious health issues after recovering from it , lasting indefinitely . As I stated to each his own , everyone is free to do what they think is best for themselves .
        Last edited by metalforever on Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
      • Dick
        Oiler

by Dick » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:28 am

That's just how I roll.
        slayergeek
        Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:01 pm

Dick wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:28 am
        That's just how I roll.
        I think things go far beyond mere individual choice here.

If it happens in January (unlikely), what will the restrictions be? What would a socially distant metals cruise look like. If strictly enforced, what would be the point..it would suck. If ignored by everyone, what would the consequences be?

Also would enough people even want to go. I would be LOATH to miss any 70K, but I might miss this one if it sails in January as scheduled. Many bands would feel the same way. How many bands and fans would say screw it and show up, how many would be allowed to show up, how many would be subject to travel restrictions? Would he sell only 1/3 of the normal tickets with 1/3 of the normal bands.

I want 70K to happen more then anything...but I want it to mostly be the event I know and love. That is not possible this year. We can either get a gutted event with so many restrictions and compromises it wont be worth it or safe for most, or wait a year (hopefully only a year) and get our event back the way we want it.

As is often the case, your individual preference is subject to many things outside of your control. It doesn’t mean your opinions and feelings don’t count...it means that they are part of a complex formula with many factors determining what actually happens.
        Last edited by slayergeek on Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
        Survivor

WishList
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:44 am

I'm 50 next year, smoked for 15+ years, have asthma. All big ticks in the 'increased risk' covid column. So if it happened in January (it isn't) I 100% would not attend.

Sailing date is now basically 3 months away. I expect we will get an official announcement on its cancellation sometime in the next week or 2.
        Upcoming Gigs:
        2025 Wishlist
        Sgt. B
        Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:43 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:44 am ...
        Sailing date is now basically 3 months away. I expect we will get an official announcement on its cancellation sometime in the next week or 2.
        1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
        2014: Survivor
        2015: Survivor
        2016: Survivor
        2017: Survivor
        2018: Survivor
        2019: Survivor
        2020: Survivor
        2023: Survivor
        2024: Survivor
        BtH(2012): Survivor
      • zboy
        Oiler

by zboy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:54 am

Look,
        Not trying to be overly optimistic, however there is an alternative. They could simply push it back, say have it 2021 in september. Rember, barge to hell was sept/oct...that would be better than completely scrapping 2021, and who knows, 1 year from now , it may be viable...then could have an early 2022 cruise like normal...It is a possible viable option....
      Post Reply 246 posts