Post Reply 374 posts
Holiday Inn port of Miami - anyone booked
  • chitownrocker
    Oiler

Holiday Inn port of Miami - anyone booked

by chitownrocker » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Just wondering if anyone was staying Sunday night at this Hotel ? Any local people know if it's a good choice or not for $150.00 that night ?
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

Re: Holiday Inn port of Miami - anyone booked

by Jaimie38 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi ChiTownrocker.
    I am too staying there.. I fly in Sunday morning from Edmonton,Canada via Toronto. Seemed like the best value/price/location. Coming to take in the city a bit.. not too concerned about the room
    Cheers and Welcome Aboard!! :shred:

Jaimie
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Hey! I'm from Edmonton too! (quite sad we must designate country eh?) Noticed quite a bit of Canadian accent on board. Edmonton metalheads representing! We must have a drink and talk Oilers! U notice on new NHL Wii commercial Gretzkey is wearing an oilers jersey! Anyways... Good times ahead! :givebeer:
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:56 pm

P.S> Forum rank 'Oiler' FTW!
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:53 pm

So many Edmontonians and Calgarians on board I'm starting to think I might have to wear a Canucks jersey instead of my Team Canada one. You know, just cuz we'll be a good dozen points up in the standings over both of ya by then :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 am

Being from Calgary I am very NOT alright with the fact that my rank is oiler...but I'll wait until after thursday to do some real trash talking :p You know once the flames kick your ass.
    Last year we chanted OILERS SUCK in a bar full of oilers fans and they all just sat there and went ya...we know...I hope you guys are more receptive than that.

BACK ON TOPIC
    I am probably going to book hotels/flights this week. The one I was thinking of staying in is called the Rodeway Inn. Cheap peice of crap hotel for dirt cheep with shuttle service from the airport. Would it be worth spending the extra couple bucks to get a holiday inn room (roach problem, location, etc)?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • lacunabliss
    Crewman

by lacunabliss » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:19 am

Anyone know any good cheap hotels downtown miami?
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 am

We booked 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Airport West through Priceline.com for just $69 per night. Priceline is kick ass, I have gotten so many great deals on there and NEVER been disappointed with the hotel I was booked into. If I booked the same room on orbitz.com hotels.com or even directly through Holiday Inn it would have been $140 per night! The hotel has excellent reviews online ane looks decent (photo below) Sure it's not a Marriot but not a Motel 6 either. It is away from downtown (all the fun) but we will rent a car for Sat and Sun so that is no problem. Before you go book a $150/night room consider priceline, specifically the "name your own price" option. I have used it many times since 1998 and can vouch, it works! :heavydrink:'

Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:00 am

Disaster Area wrote:We booked 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Airport West through Priceline.com for just $69 per night. Priceline is kick ass, I have gotten so many great deals on there and NEVER been disappointed with the hotel I was booked into. If I booked the same room on orbitz.com hotels.com or even directly through Holiday Inn it would have been $140 per night! The hotel has excellent reviews online ane looks decent (photo below) Sure it's not a Marriot but not a Motel 6 either. It is away from downtown (all the fun) but we will rent a car for Sat and Sun so that is no problem. Before you go book a $150/night room consider priceline, specifically the "name your own price" option. I have used it many times since 1998 and can vouch, it works! :heavydrink:'

Hey Craig...is this the same Holiday Inn mentioned? and if not, how far from the Port is it?....and which airport are you two flying into?....cuz I would love to get a good deal like that for a decent place.....thanx!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:12 am

Deb,

No this is a different Holiday Inn. We are flying into Miami International. The address is 3255 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, FL which is just toe the West (left on the map:D) of the airport. Looks like it is about 8-9 miles from the port so the cab there may be a little pricey so I will try to find some sort of shuttle service. If you use Priceline's name your own price option you don't get to choose your hotel, you just name the price you are willing to pay, choose the general area you want to stay and the star level of hotel you want. Like I said, I bid $69/night and it was accepted. So even after taxes I am paying 50% less than Holiday Inn's listed price.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:22 am

Disaster Area wrote:Deb,

No this is a different Holiday Inn. We are flying into Miami International. The address is 3255 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, FL which is just toe the West (left on the map:D) of the airport. Looks like it is about 8-9 miles from the port so the cab there may be a little pricey so I will try to find some sort of shuttle service. If you use Priceline's name your own price option you don't get to choose your hotel, you just name the price you are willing to pay, choose the general area you want to stay and the star level of hotel you want. Like I said, I bid $69/night and it was accepted. So even after taxes I am paying 50% less than Holiday Inn's listed price.

Thanx...Im gonna check into that......I have to make sure the rest of the crew is down for it too...thanx again ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Set
    Crewman

by Set » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 pm

Disaster Area wrote:We booked 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Airport West through Priceline.com for just $69 per night. Priceline is kick ass, I have gotten so many great deals on there and NEVER been disappointed with the hotel I was booked into. If I booked the same room on orbitz.com hotels.com or even directly through Holiday Inn it would have been $140 per night! The hotel has excellent reviews online ane looks decent (photo below) Sure it's not a Marriot but not a Motel 6 either. It is away from downtown (all the fun) but we will rent a car for Sat and Sun so that is no problem. Before you go book a $150/night room consider priceline, specifically the "name your own price" option. I have used it many times since 1998 and can vouch, it works! :heavydrink:'

You could give William Shatner a run for his money as the Priceline spokesperson :D
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Set wrote:

You could give William Shatner a run for his money as the Priceline spokesperson :D

No way, The Negotiator rules

Love shatner!

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:24 pm

If anyone wants to book with Priceline - pleeze take this Link. It's my Travelagency Link..... :heavydrink:

We stay in SoBe for 3 Nights over the Weekend, extreme precruiserelaxing ....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:04 am

Well, it was a tight tilt but I'm giving round 1 of this year's battle of Alberta to the Coilers... the Lames looked like they missed their afternoon nap. How 'bout that Eberle eh? Him, Brule, Hall, the Bulin Wall and the rest of the cast lookin' just a little threatening this year.

Back on topic: Ummm...

HOCKEY'S BAAAACKKK!!! :cheers:

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:21 am

Yeah...that was embarassing...oh well Hockey's back! :viking:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:16 am

Stained Class wrote:Yeah...that was embarassing...oh well Hockey's back! :viking:

Agreed.... only first game though. And YES hockey is back! :cheers:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:20 am

HOCKEY.......SCHMOCKEY....... ;) :roll:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:51 am

debborah1 wrote:HOCKEY.......SCHMOCKEY....... ;) :roll:

I want a divorce!! :P

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:00 am

wow that was quick ha ha :cheers:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:29 am

DragonLordJones wrote:debborah1 wrote:HOCKEY.......SCHMOCKEY....... ;) :roll:

Great.....I need alimony......and I get half of everything.......even the CD's........lol....isnt that how ;) divorces work?
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:31 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Oh awesome! I didnt know I was a peligamist...(is that how the say it?).....OH well...great.....I get half of everything you own too!...Man what a great day this has turned out to be! :headbanger: :beerwink:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:52 am

debborah1 wrote:Oh awesome! I didnt know I was a peligamist...(is that how the say it?).....OH well...great.....I get half of everything you own too!...Man what a great day this has turned out to be! :headbanger: :beerwink:

wait ... wait a minute. i was only quoting the penguin and his proposal ......... first off I'm not a hockey fan (sorry shoreslayer), second when did we get married, and third NO ONE GETS THE CDS ...... I'm getting them glued together to make my casket (bed of rest), then we're gonna float out on the nearest lake and have a true viking funeral (burning) in other words I'm taking them with me when I go :viking: :lol:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:55 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:Oh awesome! I didnt know I was a peligamist...(is that how the say it?).....OH well...great.....I get half of everything you own too!...Man what a great day this has turned out to be! :headbanger: :beerwink:

wait ... wait a minute. i was only quoting the penguin and his proposal ......... first off I'm not a hockey fan (sorry shoreslayer), second when did we get married, and third NO ONE GETS THE CDS ...... I'm getting them glued together to make my casket (bed of rest), then we're gonna float out on the nearest lake and have a true viking funeral (burning) in other words I'm taking them with me when I go :viking: :lol:

lol....YEAH i REALIZED THAT A BIT TOO LATE ......IM AMPED ON A BUNCH O CAFEINE TODAY.......WAAAHOOOO :shred:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:04 am

YEAH !!! it's OK Deb... it's FRIDAY and I get my vacation back Sunday 10-10-10 wooooo - whoooooo :shred: :cheers: :givebeer:

shoot gotta go to work soon, had to bring myself back down :lol: damn bills, life and work ha ha :death:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:08 am

DragonLordJones wrote:YEAH !!! it's OK Deb... it's FRIDAY and I get my vacation back Sunday 10-10-10 wooooo - whoooooo :shred: :cheers: :givebeer:

shoot gotta go to work soon, had to bring myself back down :lol: damn bills, life and work ha ha :death:

i HEAR YA....SOMEBODY HAS TO DO IT!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:05 pm

CRAP......Okay...so Southwest Airline's doesnt fly into Miami.......only Ft Lauderdale....which is fine....but now I have the dilemma....should I get a Hotel in Miami (thinking maybe most everyone will be staying there?) Or am I wrong in thinking this and alot of you will be staying in Ft Lauderdale....and I should just book near the Ft Lauderdale airport??....OH THE DILEMMA!!! :?
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:18 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:CRAP......Okay...so Southwest Airline's doesnt fly into Miami.......only Ft Lauderdale....which is fine....but now I have the dilemma....should I get a Hotel in Miami (thinking maybe most everyone will be staying there?) Or am I wrong in thinking this and alot of you will be staying in Ft Lauderdale....and I should just book near the Ft Lauderdale airport??....OH THE DILEMMA!!! :?

Debb, I'm staying at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport, my 3 cabinmates should be staying with me, but they haven't booked their flights yet either. If we all share a cab from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami, it won't be as much. And I have 2 rooms at the hotel. Food for thought. :beerwink:

Yeah well I am definatley keeping that option up front....thank you!.....Its 25 miles to the Port.....so its not too bad.
    I just wasnt sure yet about the rest of my crew....they have so much going on with all the touring going on thses days...that last thing they are detailing right now is the cruise LOL....
    sooooo I will let you know asap of course...you're a doll ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:23 pm

The good thing is that you would be much closer to the Culture Room if a pre/post party comes together there.

Just make sure you leave plenty of time to get to the port on Monday morning as Interstate 95 is pretty clogged for rush hour from about 7 am to 9 am. But then again, I thin they atrt boarding at noon, so it shouldn't be an issue.
    Have a good time...all the time.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

I'm staying on Miami Beach for that price for three nights. However, my roomie and I are splitting the cost as he'll be staying there as well.

It's nice and central to the airport and the Port of Miami!
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:00 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:debborah1 wrote:HOCKEY.......SCHMOCKEY....... ;) :roll:

Great.....I need alimony......and I get half of everything.......even the CD's........lol....isnt that how ;) divorces work?

I think Pengy was smart enough to get a Pre-Nup , hehe

HOCKEY RULES!!!!!

BTW.......... WILLIAM "THE SHAT" SHATNER DOUBLY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbanger: :shred: :headbanger: :shred: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :shred: :headbanger: :viking:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:37 am

150 a night ... way to expensive for me, Im looking for a cheap hostel or a cheap motel, cant be arsed to pay that much just for staying some nights when Im going to a cruise and you cant buy beer any regular way ;)

BUt if someone will stay at a low cost motel please post which, would be fun to be a couple of guys and girls having a preparty before the (hopefully) preparty bnefore the cruise =)

Vobiscum Sathanas
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:28 pm

We are going to miami beach a few days before the cruise, which hotel do we take......???????
    Pure Steel
    Oiler

by Pure Steel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 am

I've booked two days at Holiday Inn - Port of Miami, it's a little expensive but seems to be good.

MAry
    Cabin: 3049
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 am

Disaster Area wrote:Deb,

Correct me if im wrong, but i think All the holiday inns i have stayed at have provided air port shuttle service to/from for free
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:49 am

Were ataying at:
    Hotel Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport South/Blue Lagoon
    Address 777 Northwest 57th Avenue
    Miami (Florida), FL 33126
    It was $160... they offer a shuttle and a breakfast. I dont trust the shuttle since they can run late so we will prob just take a cab since we are less than 10 miles from the port. This Motel has really good rateings .. thats why I picked it. :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:04 am

Still have to book a hotel for the first night...and my flight. Waiting on my new passport as my current one is only valid for 1 1/2 month when I'm in Miami. w00ps! :P
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    jassiak
    Crewman

by jassiak » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:57 am

too bad that Quote your price on Priceline doesnt work from outside US/Canada. Will need to book through something else? Any suggestions? Travel agents etc?
    I can see clearly now, a painful vision indeed
    An attack on hallowed ground, from high above
    Alien to us, the species known as man
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:29 am

I bokked this one

Not so close to the port or airport, but with a BurgerKing across the street! hahahaha

60 per night.

edit:
    here is the actual hotel I'll stay. I forgot to put the link :?
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/motel-b ... aid=304142
    Last edited by Zeh on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:57 pm

was thinking of booking that same holiday inn right by the port there! better get on that before the rooms are gone :heavydrink:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
Post Reply 374 posts