Locked 11 posts Page 1 of 1
Eastern Canadian Metal Bus to Miami?
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

Eastern Canadian Metal Bus to Miami?

by Samhain » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:21 pm

I was wondering who would be interested in renting a Van or Bus from Ontario/Quebec to Miami in January. A few of us are driving down to Miami and a "Metal Bus" might be a fun and financially savvy idea. Any takers?
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    debborah1
    Commander

Re: Eastern Canadian Metal Bus to Miami?

by debborah1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Samhain wrote:I was wondering who would be interested in renting a Van or Bus from Ontario/Quebec to Miami in January. A few of us are driving down to Miami and a "Metal Bus" might be a fun and financially savvy idea. Any takers?

Ahhhh there ya go.......
    METAL BUS PARTICIPANTS!!!!>>>>>SIGN HERE!!!! :headbanger: ;) .....Audrey???????? where you be at?
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Damn..I didn't see this post--I made one on Canada's Representing.... oops!
    While road trip would be fun,,,, the Northeast in January driving a rear wheel drive airport shuttle van(I'm assuming this will be a rental)with no winter tires ( are they manditory in Quebec for rentals??) would NOT be my fave choice if you had any issues we would all be sad!! If ya make it to Virginia, you'd be good.

ok... I am now the official old man..... whose going to cut my steak for me????
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:04 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Damn..I didn't see this post--I made one on Canada's Representing.... oops!
    While road trip would be fun,,,, the Northeast in January driving a rear wheel drive airport shuttle van(I'm assuming this will be a rental)with no winter tires ( are they manditory in Quebec for rentals??) would NOT be my fave choice if you had any issues we would all be sad!! If ya make it to Virginia, you'd be good.

naaaw, you're not the official old man - you just have life experience that tells you that such a metal bus adventure might be movie and/or epic worthy, yet there ain't no way any of those people will make it "to the church" err....the cruise, ON TIME :lol: :party:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:12 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:Damn..I didn't see this post--I made one on Canada's Representing.... oops!

naaaw, you're not the official old man - you just have life experience that tells you that such a metal bus adventure might be movie and/or epic worthy, yet there ain't no way any of those people will make it "to the church" err....the cruise, ON TIME :lol: :party:

Thanks! ha,, Just I have lived in Southern Ontario, and having 30cm(12inches) of snow or more are known to happen in no time. Ya get a highway closure or an accident would suck big time.
    $800 CDN return from Edmonton to Miami return via Toronto with asssigned seating and cold frosty bevies -sure it's a redeye, but I don't sleep on a plane anyway.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:29 am

Jaimie38 wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:

Thanks! ha,, Just I have lived in Southern Ontario, and having 30cm(12inches) of snow or more are known to happen in no time. Ya get a highway closure or an accident would suck big time.
    $800 CDN return from Edmonton to Miami return via Toronto with asssigned seating and cold frosty bevies -sure it's a redeye, but I don't sleep on a plane anyway.

aaaaaand then REALITY slaps you in the face............Oh well....It sounded fun for minute!...I guess we'll wait for the movie to come out :beerwink:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • someone123
    Oiler

by someone123 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:59 am

Wow $800 round trip and it's a red eye?! I'm flying during the day from Edmonton to Chicago and then to Miama for $450, it's not en one of those 15 hour flights, only a 45min stop over in Chicago each way.
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:03 pm

We have all driven in winter conditions, the rental would be from Quebec or Ontario so it would already be equipped with snow tires (it's illegal to drive without them in Winter). I know people who drive from here to Miami every winter, unless the conditions are really, really terrible I don't think there will be an issue. Also, it would be a good idea to leave earlier than necessary anyways. It's a thought to whoever is driving down anyways.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

• audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:28 am

I think this would be really fun. The thing is, who would plan the whole thing and drive, etc. I am so not into doing all that. :lol:

I mean, what a pain in the ass that would be. Collecting money, planning the route, getting everyone there on time, etc. Maybe the upsides overshadow the downsides?? What do ya think?
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:04 pm

I was wondering that as well. I'm technically not old enough to rent a van/bus but I can drive. Well, either way, I'm still driving there and back so if anyone else is up for this idea and can legally rent a vehicle or is already driving down in a van/bus, lemme know!

junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Man, it has been awhile since I have taken a proper metal road trip. It's always a good time. Hope it works out for you guys!
    Have a good time...all the time.
Locked 11 posts Page 1 of 1