Locked 7 posts Page 1 of 1
Cash needed?
  • tenebre
    Crewman

Cash needed?

by tenebre » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:12 am

so i know a tab will be run of all boat stuff but what about band Merch? How much cash should we bring? will there be a way to get cash or will bands even bring merch?
    Laura
    Commander

Re: Cash needed?

by Laura » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:26 am

tenebre wrote:so i know a tab will be run of all boat stuff but what about band Merch? How much cash should we bring? will there be a way to get cash or will bands even bring merch?

I was just on an RC ship in June, and they had an atm on board. The service fee was high though - I think $5 (when I use my chain of banks in the states, there is no fee, and when I use other banks' atms, it's usually no more than $2 or $3.) Don't know the answer to the merch question, although I'm going to assume it will be cash only, just like all the shows I go to. As has been mentioned before, anything you are buying from Royal Caribbean, whether it is a service (shore excursion, massage, etc.), merchandise (from the RC gift shops), or food and beverage beyond what the cruise includes (like specialty restaurant options, alcohol, and the like), is billed to your personal account. And warning folks - that bill you get at the end can be mighty scary! :twisted: :lol:
    Last edited by Laura on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:46 am

There are no cash sales on board whatsoever.

All on-board sales, including festival and artist merchandise sales are billed to your on-board spending account.

Every passenger needs to open an on-board spending account either by putting down a credit card or cash deposit at check-in. You may top up your account at any time on board at the guest relations desk.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:06 am

Andy wrote:There are no cash sales on board whatsoever.

All on-board sales, including festival and artist merchandise sales are billed to your on-board spending account.

Every passenger needs to open an on-board spending account either by putting down a credit card or cash deposit at check-in. You may top up your account at any time on board at the guest relations desk.

This is great info - thanks for clearing this up. Glad I won't have to worry about having cash on hand for merch - just a bigger bill on the 'ole credit card :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 am

andy, please tell me that you have an ambulance team ready when people get their bills?
    i think some heart attacks will occur :lol:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:32 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:andy, please tell me that you have an ambulance team ready when people get their bills?
    i think some heart attacks will occur :lol:

Might be a good idea to top up each day by $100 or so... to avoid the inevitable "There's no effing way I bought 100 shots of Jager for Amon Amarth!!! "
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
  • tenebre
    Crewman

by tenebre » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Andy wrote:There are no cash sales on board whatsoever.

This is brilliant! my CC is fucked though ;-) hahaha

thanks for the info
Locked 7 posts Page 1 of 1