Locked 32 posts Page 1 of 1
Fully paid my cruise!
    asmegin
    Midshipman

Fully paid my cruise!

by asmegin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:42 am

Thought I just share that today I fully paid off the cruise for the lady and I. Now just gotta save up for drinking money!

Any of you guys finished paying yours?
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: Fully paid my cruise!

by DragonLordJones » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:47 am

paid in full quite a while ago .... now just waiting for this to happen :givebeer: :beerhorns: :cheers: :party: :heavydrink:
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:59 am

Define 'paid in full'. As far as 70000Tons is concerned I'm paid. I'm going to be paying off my credit card company for some time to come still, though! :shock: Luckily I'll be able to afford the payments for the next couple months at least and 70000Tons will be but a memory if It comes to a point I can't. REPO THIS, BITCHES! :lol:

I'm currently happy because I finally booked my plane tickets on Tuesday, AND I got them on sale! It was kind of uneasy to have the cruise part taken care of but no tickets to get down there. Now I just have to buckle down and hope for lots of freelance jobs between now and January so I can get this thing paid and make sure I've got plenty of money for my cruise bar tab!

:cheers:
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:05 am

ragnaröks_roller wrote:Define 'paid in full'. As far as 70000Tons is concerned I'm paid. I'm going to be paying off my credit card company for some time to come still, though! :shock: Luckily I'll be able to afford the payments for the next couple months at least and 70000Tons will be but a memory if It comes to a point I can't. REPO THIS, BITCHES! :lol:

I'm currently happy because I finally booked my plane tickets on Tuesday, AND I got them on sale! It was kind of uneasy to have the cruise part taken care of but no tickets to get down there. Now I just have to buckle down and hope for lots of freelance jobs between now and January so I can get this thing paid and make sure I've got plenty of money for my cruise bar tab!

:cheers:

Good luck paying the credit card man, I know that will hurt for a while.

I actually paid mine through installment payments, so I now owe nothing to the cruise or to the bank/credit card companies.
    Cabin # 6072
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:23 am

asmegin wrote:Good luck paying the credit card man, I know that will hurt for a while.

Thanks, man, hopefully it won't hurt for too long!

I actually paid mine through installment payments, so I now owe nothing to the cruise or to the bank/credit card companies.

That's awesome. Credit can be a scary thing, not relying on it is a great way to stay ahead and save yourself a lot of stress! I wish I had realized 70000Tons could be a reality for me earlier so I could have planned money a bit better. It's only been a couple months since I heard this was happening, and a month since I realized I could actually go. Thank the gods for that piece of plastic!
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:50 am

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    asmegin wrote:
    That's awesome. Credit can be a scary thing, not relying on it is a great way to stay ahead and save yourself a lot of stress! I wish I had realized 70000Tons could be a reality for me earlier so I could have planned money a bit better. It's only been a couple months since I heard this was happening, and a month since I realized I could actually go. Thank the gods for that piece of plastic!

At least you have a credit card, I can't get one without getting one of those citibank cards that will rape you. Someone stole my ID/SS when I was 14 years old which left a bankruptcy on my history along with other crap. I did manage to get it out of my name, but the process to do that was pretty daunting.
    Cabin # 6072
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:41 am

I paid in full back in March or something. And I'm so glad I paid in full because at the time I was working and had the money... I am now unemployed and don't know if I'd be able to afford to pay the remainder today. Lucky for me my dad is buying my flight tickets as my Xmas gift.

I'm hoping to find a job real soon though, I want to start saving for all the merch I plan to buy (not a drinker so I don't have to worry about spending a fortune on booze thankfully)
    MrsAceMasterHan
    Crewman

by MrsAceMasterHan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Paid in full as of the 13th (got married the same day...YAAAAY) and with no CC balances to speak of! We're saving those for the bar tabs :shred: :viking: :party: :cheers: :givebeer:
    Deck 7
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:46 pm

MrsAceMasterHan wrote:Paid in full as of the 13th (got married the same day...YAAAAY) and with no CC balances to speak of! We're saving those for the bar tabs :shred: :viking: :party: :cheers: :givebeer:

Right on! Very cool on all counts! Gratz, gratz and :cheers:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    MrsAceMasterHan
    Crewman

by MrsAceMasterHan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:59 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    MrsAceMasterHan wrote:Paid in full as of the 13th (got married the same day...YAAAAY) and with no CC balances to speak of! We're saving those for the bar tabs :shred: :viking: :party: :cheers: :givebeer:

Right on! Very cool on all counts! Gratz, gratz and :cheers:

Thanks Penguin! :beerwink:
    Deck 7
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Was hoping for a My Dying Bride, Bloodbath or some other juicy announcement before final payment time. But alas my defiance and waiting til the last minute didn't do anything :cry: :cry: :cry:

So I forked over the $$$.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:42 pm

KevinP wrote:Was hoping for a My Dying Bride, Bloodbath or some other juicy announcement before final payment time. But alas my defiance and waiting til the last minute didn't do anything :cry: :cry: :cry:

So I forked over the $$$.

I'm starting to lose all hope for these bands. :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:49 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I'm starting to lose all hope for these bands. :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:

Yeah my hopes and dreams are withering as we speak. It is nice that at a bear minimum we have Obituary, Amon Amarth, Unleashed and Marduk. Even though I'm not a big Unleashed fan, I'll still see them to get my death metal fix.

Maybe, just maybe they'll add another death or black band or 2, since these seem to be the least represented genres right now. :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:18 pm

KevinP wrote:Maybe, just maybe they'll add another death or black band or 2, since these seem to be the least represented genres right now. :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

cough*DOOM*cough :evil:

Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Since black/death metal are the least represented genres... it leads me to believe that Marduk was a "filler" band... and the remainder will be power metal and/or pirate metal... i.e. Blackguard, Blind Guardian, Primal Fear, etc. etc.
    Therefore, making my CRUISE experience full, and METAL experience 1/3 full at most. :|
    What sold me on the cruise was the Fear Factory announcement. I was under the impression that headliners were TBA, and with Fear Factory, Amon Amarth, and Testament on board... the headliners were going to be HUGE!!!!
    I'm having serious doubts on that now... but ho hum, I won't let it drag me down... this cruise will still be the most epic event ever, and I'll have a blast no matter what. And very well put on another topic Kevin, about our American greed and wanting MY favorite bands on the last to be announced. :lol: I guess if I stop caring who gets announced, and LOVE and appreciate what I've been given already... good things will happen. :beerhorns:
    End of rant. :P
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:22 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:cough*DOOM*cough :evil:

Candlemass
    My Dying Bride
    Ahab (if you like funeral doom)
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:24 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Since black/death metal are the least represented genres... it leads me to believe that Marduk was a "filler" band... and the remainder will be power metal and/or pirate metal... i.e. Blackguard, Blind Guardian, Primal Fear, etc. etc.

Don't go putting Marduk in the Cripper/Witchburner club. :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:43 pm

I hope you know what I meant. :P
    I meant because a great deal of the bands announced are power/thrash/viking/folk metal, black metal is a one band shot. And there won't be any more... unless of course IMMORTAL is announced... which is what many people here want! :beerhorns:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:48 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote: of course IMMORTAL is announced... which is what many people here want! :beerhorns:

My black metal taste is limited to:

Marduk
    Sear Bliss
    Diabolical Masquerade
    Samael (early)

and I think that's it. Too tired to remember right now.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Pero
    Petty Officer

by Pero » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:36 am

DragonLordJones wrote:paid in full quite a while ago .... now just waiting for this to happen :givebeer: :beerhorns: :cheers: :party: :heavydrink:

+1
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:01 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I hope you know what I meant. :P
    I meant because a great deal of the bands announced are power/thrash/viking/folk metal, black metal is a one band shot. And there won't be any more... unless of course IMMORTAL is announced... which is what many people here want! :beerhorns:

I agree Slaytanic. As much as I love the power/thrash/viking/folk metal genres, I would like to see a little more diversity in these final announcements. Immortal would be killer. Looking at the current lineup though, I am very pleased with what he have already.

I paid off my ticket right away to score a sweet discount. Now I have to worry about paying for the flight over and a hotel room. It's a wicked expensive trip altogether but I'm thrilled to be part of the maiden voyage. :beerhorns:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Yup I paid my tickets full for me and the darling, and paid my air tickets to Miami in august, so now im currently in the mood for fix hotel/hostel, apartment coach or whatever this months payment. Then I have 12 days in the states including the cruise, so I bring 4 500 USD dollars and hopefully that will cover the drinking hotel and universal studios and all that other shit "you have to see"

Well met overthere metalheads... and yeah what about the preparty FFS !
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 pm

SatansWrath wrote:I bring 4 500 USD dollars and hopefully that will cover the drinking hotel and universal studios and all that other shit "you have to see"

I assume you meant $ and not 4. If you did mean 4, then you can surely hang out with me. If you only have $500 we can't be friends :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:02 pm

I meant 4500 USD not 4 500 =)
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:43 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Maybe, just maybe they'll add another death or black band or 2, since these seem to be the least represented genres right now. :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

*Cough*Virgin Black*Cough* :headbanger:

I'm still hoping for Bloodbath. :shock:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:45 am

Evican wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

*Cough*Virgin Black*Cough* :headbanger:

I'm still hoping for Bloodbath. :shock:

VIRGIN BLACK is very cool !!!

I love their music but didn`t hear a lot of them lately.
    Would be nice having them on board but I don`t think their music would fit on the Metalcruise.
    Amanda
    Oiler

by Amanda » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:53 am

I fully paid for me and my friend! Now we just have to get our plane tickets!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:58 am

sabaton wrote:VIRGIN BLACK is very cool !!!

Had never heard of them before. Interesting mix of gothic/symphonic with hints of doom. Definitely a unique sound.

Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:49 pm

sabaton wrote:VIRGIN BLACK is very cool !!!

I love their music but didn`t hear a lot of them lately.
    Would be nice having them on board but I don`t think their music would fit on the Metalcruise.

They are one of the most unique bands I've heard. Unfortunately they seem to tour everywhere BUT they're own country! I've only seen them twice.
    I think they are fitting. They can get quite heavy and there will definitely be head banging! Would be nice to have an Aussie band on board as there are quite a few Australians that I know of attending.
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:29 pm

Hells yes! Seeing LORD next month - they would be fun as Hell to have on this cruise.

Or Vanishing Point. LOVE those guys :shred:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    rnesta
    Crewman

by rnesta » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:37 pm

As of two days ago paid.See y'all there or maybe in miami the 23rd? :heavydrink: :twisted:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:27 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Hells yes! Seeing LORD next month - they would be fun as Hell to have on this cruise.

Or Vanishing Point. LOVE those guys :shred:

If we didn't already have enough Power Metal on board, yes. :lol:
  • Locked 32 posts Page 1 of 1