Post Reply 278 posts
DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!
  • User avatar
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 am
    Location: North Hollywood CA

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm

    corrosive wrote:Aloe just in case the sunscreen doesn't work!! ;)
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:OK! improved.
    (first thing is check in AT LEAST 3 DAYS BEFORE CRUISE! )
    1. PASSPORT! / FLIGHT TICKETS/ HOTEL ITINERARY
    2. Credit cards
    3. SEA SICKNESS MEDS ( GINGER TABLETS - GREEN APPLES ON BOARD??)
    4. clothes (obivously)
    5. towel?? ( will they be provided to take off the boat in Conzumel?)
    6. MERCH TO GET SIGNED!
    7 - Ibuprofren
    8 - Vitamins ( B for hangovers)
    9 - baby wipes (you never know when your cabin mate will piss and shit on the toilet seat) - i dont think i will have this problem, my roommates seem fully capable of being able to aim - although they might have to watch out for me PUAHAHA :twisted:
    10. SWEATER/LEATHER just to be on the safe side.
    11. Sunscreen / aloe prevent/help sunburn.

    anything else??
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

    2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21311
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by mooyagi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 pm

    Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    corrosive wrote:Aloe just in case the sunscreen doesn't work!! ;)
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:OK! improved.
    (first thing is check in AT LEAST 3 DAYS BEFORE CRUISE! )
    1. PASSPORT! / FLIGHT TICKETS/ HOTEL ITINERARY
    2. Credit cards
    3. SEA SICKNESS MEDS ( GINGER TABLETS - GREEN APPLES ON BOARD??)
    4. clothes (obivously)
    5. towel?? ( will they be provided to take off the boat in Conzumel?)
    6. MERCH TO GET SIGNED!
    7 - Ibuprofren
    8 - Vitamins ( B for hangovers)
    9 - baby wipes (you never know when your cabin mate will piss and shit on the toilet seat) - i dont think i will have this problem, my roommates seem fully capable of being able to aim - although they might have to watch out for me PUAHAHA :twisted:
    10. SWEATER/LEATHER just to be on the safe side.
    11. Sunscreen / aloe prevent/help sunburn.
    anything else??


    FOR AMERICANS ONLY: Not something to pack, but go to this website https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/landingView.do and put a hold on your mail delivery while you are gone. I'm sure all you foreign folk have something similar in your countries.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    metalheadtop
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 112
    Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:55 pm
    Location: Miami, Fl

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by metalheadtop » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:11 am

    waldmensch wrote:We have bugs?

    OoO


    Image



    tasty :lol:
    Survived 70000tons of Metal 2011
    Survived 2012
    BARGE TO HELL
    70000tons 2013
    70,000 tons 2014
    154,000tons 2015
  • User avatar
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 531
    Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Michaelage » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:48 am

    mooyagi wrote:FOR AMERICANS ONLY: Not something to pack, but go to this website https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/landingView.do and put a hold on your mail delivery while you are gone. I'm sure all you foreign folk have something similar in your countries.


    Nope.. we just ask our neighbour to take care of it:P

    no special stuff like this:P
    Image
  • User avatar
    raoul volfoni
    Crewman
    Posts: 93
    Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 2:07 pm
    Location: france

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by raoul volfoni » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:25 am

    battery or power adaptor for camera, (phone?)
    big size SD card.
    few CD covers for dedicace ?


    I would add for non US resident:
    Intl Plug adaptor, (because they are usually very expensive on site !)

    For those who want to be meticulous, have your blood group card with you :D

    One more : It always happens shit with your bank card overseas, have your bank phone number with you ( in order to increase your credit by phone!)
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by KevinP » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:11 am

    metalheadtop wrote:Image


    FIRE BUG

    Ah, now I know what happened to Evican's leg the other day :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    prof. wedgie
    Oiler
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 pm
    Location: Dublin

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by prof. wedgie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:08 am

    I'm the lead passenger but I didn't get an email for the online check in yet but the person I'm going with did, can I just use that?
    Cabin 3555!
  • User avatar
    Pero
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 149
    Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:14 am
    Location: Slovenia
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Pero » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:32 am

    Check the spam folder?
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675
  • DorothyGale
    Oiler
    Posts: 47
    Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:04 am

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by DorothyGale » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:52 am

    raoul volfoni wrote:battery or power adaptor for camera, (phone?)


    Several veteren crusiers have recommended a power strip if you are going to want to plug much of anything in. Most cabins only have one regular outlet.
  • User avatar
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 am
    Location: North Hollywood CA

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:39 am

    raoul volfoni wrote:battery or power adaptor for camera, (phone?)
    big size SD card.
    few CD covers for dedicace ?


    I would add for non US resident:
    Intl Plug adaptor, (because they are usually very expensive on site !)

    For those who want to be meticulous, have your blood group card with you :D

    One more : It always happens shit with your bank card overseas, have your bank phone number with you ( in order to increase your credit by phone!)


    good adds. the covers would go under merch to get signed-- :cheers:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

    2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by KevinP » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:43 am

    Prophylactics
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 am
    Location: North Hollywood CA

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:51 am

    OK! improved.
    (first thing is check in AT LEAST 3 DAYS BEFORE CRUISE! )
    1. PASSPORT! / FLIGHT TICKETS/ HOTEL ITINERARY
    2. Credit cards
    3. SEA SICKNESS MEDS ( GINGER TABLETS - GREEN APPLES ON BOARD??)
    4. clothes (obviously)
    5. towel?? ( will they be provided to take off the boat in Conzumel?)
    6. MERCH TO GET SIGNED!
    7 - Ibuprofren
    8 - Vitamins ( B for hangovers)
    9 - baby wipes (you never know when your cabin mate will piss and shit on the toilet seat) - i dont think i will have this problem, my roommates seem fully capable of being able to aim - although they might have to watch out for me PUAHAHA :twisted:
    10. SWEATER/LEATHER just to be on the safe side.
    11. Sunscreen / aloe prevent/help sunburn.
    12. power strip if you are going to want to plug much of anything in.
    + EXTRA CARE FOR NON US RESIDENTS!
    13. international health insurance card (any questions please see gnoffs post above)
    14. cash USD ( once again please see gnoffs post above)
    15. Intl Plug adaptor, (because they are usually very expensive on site !)


    anything else??
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

    2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4808
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Memnoch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:32 am

    gnoff wrote:For me and I guess at least other swedes (possibly others from within EU also) it's a good idea to have our international health insurance card with us that states that if we need medical care our country will take the cost.
    So you don't end up with a huge bill if something bad does happen and you need expensive medical care.

    I checked the website of Kela (The Finnish national social insurance institution), and Finland (or EU) don't have an agreement with the US, so one needs a travel insurance to cover the costs.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • User avatar
    Lala
    Midshipman
    Posts: 846
    Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 am
    Location: Bochum - Germany
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Lala » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:35 am

    Memnoch wrote:
    gnoff wrote:For me and I guess at least other swedes (possibly others from within EU also) it's a good idea to have our international health insurance card with us that states that if we need medical care our country will take the cost.
    So you don't end up with a huge bill if something bad does happen and you need expensive medical care.

    I checked the website of Kela (The Finnish national social insurance institution), and Finland (or EU) don't have an agreement with the US, so one needs a travel insurance to cover the costs.


    a travel insurance for 1 year = 8 - 12 € - available at every insurance company.
    a travel insurance for 2 weeks = 46 € - available in your travel agency ....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

    www.lalasreisen.de
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4808
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Memnoch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:12 pm

    ^Yep, I have a continuous travel insurance. Just wanted to clear that it isn't the state that pays the hospital bills but your insurance company.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by KevinP » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 pm

    You crazy Europeans must get into alot of mishaps if you are this worried about your medical bills. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11181
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:16 pm

    KevinP wrote:You crazy Europeans must get into alot of mishaps if you are this worried about your medical bills. :lol: :lol: :lol:

    I think it's more about traveling to the U.S. from any country where we're used to walking into a hospital and getting cared for without much hassle or any fear of being turned away for any reason. Not sure how true it is but, even though I've rarely traveled far, I've heard for years to never go to the states without travel insurance or something simple could end up costing a small fortune.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by KevinP » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:37 pm

    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KevinP wrote:You crazy Europeans must get into alot of mishaps if you are this worried about your medical bills. :lol: :lol: :lol:

    I think it's more about traveling to the U.S. from any country where we're used to walking into a hospital and getting cared for without much hassle or any fear of being turned away for any reason. Not sure how true it is but, even though I've rarely traveled far, I've heard for years to never go to the states without travel insurance or something simple could end up costing a small fortune.


    Pretty true. Medical treatment is only for those who can afford it in the USA. God forbid we took care of all of our own people. That would be "too European" or "Socialist" and no corporation could made a "buck" off it, so it won't happen.

    We wouldn't want all those freeloading Mexicans who come here to get anything for the taxes they pay, even though the corporations hire them illegally. :roll:

    Rant over :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Disaster Area » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:17 pm

    well, we're are all official now. :heavydrink:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by debborah1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:23 pm

    I just finished checking in on-line........let the party begin!!!
    Image
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1602
    Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm
    Location: A Happy Little Vegemite in Poutine Land

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Evican » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:25 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    metalheadtop wrote:Image


    FIRE BUG

    Ah, now I know what happened to Evican's leg the other day :lol: :lol: :lol:

    :lol:

    It's still red! But starting to go brown and no peeling! I was thinking that I might still be red come the cruise for a while there. :lol:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by KevinP » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:55 pm

    debborah1 wrote:I just finished checking in on-line........let the party begin!!!
    Image


    Professor Honeydew rules!!!!!!
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Metalwrath » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:05 pm

    KevinP wrote:You crazy Europeans must get into alot of mishaps if you are this worried about your medical bills. :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Lets just say that the time i was at MCF in 2007 in Germany i got so drunk that i collapsed right before Manowar played.
    Long story short i got taken in an ambulance and to hospital.
    Months later back in ireland i got a random post from Germany which was a nice bill from said hospital.Trying to charge me 500 euro for the treatment and a further 1000 euro charge for the ambulance service.
    I have yet to this day paid said bill despite getting numerous letters over the years about it.
    I consulkted some people in my country about this and even though i did not have travel insurance cover at the time apparently Ireland has some kind of EU agreeement that if such an 'Emergency' happens to an irish citizen they do not get charged for this.
    They still tried to chrage me for this about a year ago.A year previous to this i had sent all the bills to some department in my county that deal with this shit.
    10 months ago i get mail from my government stating that they have brought the case to them that i under EU agreement i should not have to pay this bill.
    They also stated that it would take a few months to get a response maximum.
    I'm assuming that this situation has been dealt with by now but who fucking knows right?
    Everytime i go to Germany i am expecting to get pulled over by passport control over this issue.Luckily i am not and i try not to think about it :lol:
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by KevinP » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:16 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:Lets just say that the time i was at MCF in 2007 in Germany i got so drunk that i collapsed right before Manowar played.
    Long story short i got taken in an ambulance and to hospital.
    Months later back in ireland i got a random post from Germany which was a nice bill from said hospital.Trying to charge me 500 euro for the treatment and a further 1000 euro charge for the ambulance service.
    I have yet to this day paid said bill despite getting numerous letters over the years about it.
    I consulkted some people in my country about this and even though i did not have travel insurance cover at the time apparently Ireland has some kind of EU agreeement that if such an 'Emergency' happens to an irish citizen they do not get charged for this.
    They still tried to chrage me for this about a year ago.A year previous to this i had sent all the bills to some department in my county that deal with this shit.
    10 months ago i get mail from my government stating that they have brought the case to them that i under EU agreement i should not have to pay this bill.
    They also stated that it would take a few months to get a response maximum.
    I'm assuming that this situation has been dealt with by now but who fucking knows right?
    Everytime i go to Germany i am expecting to get pulled over by passport control over this issue.Luckily i am not and i try not to think about it :lol:


    To say you lead a much more "interesting" lifestyle than I do would be a HUGE understatement. :lol: Sounds like you are single handedly keeping your government "working". They probably have pictures of you hanging up in their cubicles cursing your name :lol:

    To us Americans, traveling between states is like Europeans traveling through countries. Europe luckily doesn't have any rednecks to contend with though. Thankfully I've yet to collapse or pass out in my life that required me to go to the hospital. Looking to definitely keep that streak alive. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Metalwrath » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:24 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Lets just say that the time i was at MCF in 2007 in Germany i got so drunk that i collapsed right before Manowar played.
    Long story short i got taken in an ambulance and to hospital.
    Months later back in ireland i got a random post from Germany which was a nice bill from said hospital.Trying to charge me 500 euro for the treatment and a further 1000 euro charge for the ambulance service.
    I have yet to this day paid said bill despite getting numerous letters over the years about it.
    I consulkted some people in my country about this and even though i did not have travel insurance cover at the time apparently Ireland has some kind of EU agreeement that if such an 'Emergency' happens to an irish citizen they do not get charged for this.
    They still tried to chrage me for this about a year ago.A year previous to this i had sent all the bills to some department in my county that deal with this shit.
    10 months ago i get mail from my government stating that they have brought the case to them that i under EU agreement i should not have to pay this bill.
    They also stated that it would take a few months to get a response maximum.
    I'm assuming that this situation has been dealt with by now but who fucking knows right?
    Everytime i go to Germany i am expecting to get pulled over by passport control over this issue.Luckily i am not and i try not to think about it :lol:


    To say you lead a much more "interesting" lifestyle than I do would be a HUGE understatement. :lol: Sounds like you are single handedly keeping your government "working". They probably have pictures of you hanging up in their cubicles cursing your name :lol:

    To us Americans, traveling between states is like Europeans traveling through countries. Europe luckily doesn't have any rednecks to contend with though. Thankfully I've yet to collapse or pass out in my life that required me to go to the hospital. Looking to definitely keep that streak alive. :mrgreen:

    Actually we do have rednecks or atleat the equivelant to them.In most of Europe they are known as Gyspies.
    In ireland we call them Knackers.They are inbred scum.They have the lowest level of intelligence.They never wash.Their families have money but they choose to steal and live in carvans instead of honestly buying things or living inproper houses.They all sleep with their relatives.They alsot talk i a language than only other Knackers can understand.Pretty much like rednecks too.
    Although in defense of the knackers they probably have more teeth than rednecks :lol:
    I'll look up a link for you and show you what these kind of people are like in this countgry you think is so innocent and friendly :mrgreen:
  • User avatar
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1602
    Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm
    Location: A Happy Little Vegemite in Poutine Land

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Evican » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:34 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Lets just say that the time i was at MCF in 2007 in Germany i got so drunk that i collapsed right before Manowar played.
    Long story short i got taken in an ambulance and to hospital.
    Months later back in ireland i got a random post from Germany which was a nice bill from said hospital.Trying to charge me 500 euro for the treatment and a further 1000 euro charge for the ambulance service.
    I have yet to this day paid said bill despite getting numerous letters over the years about it.
    I consulkted some people in my country about this and even though i did not have travel insurance cover at the time apparently Ireland has some kind of EU agreeement that if such an 'Emergency' happens to an irish citizen they do not get charged for this.
    They still tried to chrage me for this about a year ago.A year previous to this i had sent all the bills to some department in my county that deal with this shit.
    10 months ago i get mail from my government stating that they have brought the case to them that i under EU agreement i should not have to pay this bill.
    They also stated that it would take a few months to get a response maximum.
    I'm assuming that this situation has been dealt with by now but who fucking knows right?
    Everytime i go to Germany i am expecting to get pulled over by passport control over this issue.Luckily i am not and i try not to think about it :lol:


    To say you lead a much more "interesting" lifestyle than I do would be a HUGE understatement. :lol: Sounds like you are single handedly keeping your government "working". They probably have pictures of you hanging up in their cubicles cursing your name :lol:

    To us Americans, traveling between states is like Europeans traveling through countries. Europe luckily doesn't have any rednecks to contend with though. Thankfully I've yet to collapse or pass out in my life that required me to go to the hospital. Looking to definitely keep that streak alive. :mrgreen:

    Actually we do have rednecks or atleat the equivelant to them.In most of Europe they are known as Gyspies.
    In ireland we call them Knackers.They are inbred scum.They have the lowest level of intelligence.They never wash.Their families have money but they choose to steal and live in carvans instead of honestly buying things or living inproper houses.They all sleep with their relatives.They alsot talk i a language than only other Knackers can understand.Pretty much like rednecks too.
    Although in defense of the knackers they probably have more teeth than rednecks :lol:
    I'll look up a link for you and show you what these kind of people are like in this countgry you think is so innocent and friendly :mrgreen:

    And in Australia we call them "Bogans"... Or Tasmanians. :lol:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by KevinP » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:39 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:Actually we do have rednecks or atleat the equivelant to them.In most of Europe they are known as Gyspies.
    In ireland we call them Knackers.They are inbred scum.They have the lowest level of intelligence.They never wash.Their families have money but they choose to steal and live in carvans instead of honestly buying things or living inproper houses.They all sleep with their relatives.They alsot talk i a language than only other Knackers can understand.Pretty much like rednecks too.
    Although in defense of the knackers they probably have more teeth than rednecks :lol:
    I'll look up a link for you and show you what these kind of people are like in this countgry you think is so innocent and friendly :mrgreen:


    I thought that was a "piker", Brad Pitt's character in the movie SNATCH ???? :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Metalwrath » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:44 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Actually we do have rednecks or atleat the equivelant to them.In most of Europe they are known as Gyspies.
    In ireland we call them Knackers.They are inbred scum.They have the lowest level of intelligence.They never wash.Their families have money but they choose to steal and live in carvans instead of honestly buying things or living inproper houses.They all sleep with their relatives.They alsot talk i a language than only other Knackers can understand.Pretty much like rednecks too.
    Although in defense of the knackers they probably have more teeth than rednecks :lol:
    I'll look up a link for you and show you what these kind of people are like in this countgry you think is so innocent and friendly :mrgreen:


    I thought that was a "piker", Brad Pitt's character in the movie SNATCH ???? :mrgreen:

    Well one of the terms used is Pikie.
    Piker is not a word that exists in ireland.But they are completly different kinds of people.
  • User avatar
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman
    Posts: 736
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:14 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by metalgoddess » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:01 pm

    Well, shit. I went to check into Royal Caribbean and start completing things. They used Ron's middle initial instead of his middle name! The confirmation is correct, but the web site is not. His passport has the full middle name. It says there may be delayed or denied boarding because of this.

    Do I call 70,000 tons or Royal Caribbean tomorrow??? Is it that big of a deal?
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • User avatar
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3135
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 am
    Location: Dublin, Ireland

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Ravenlord » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:09 pm

    metalgoddess wrote:Well, shit. I went to check into Royal Caribbean and start completing things. They used Ron's middle initial instead of his middle name! The confirmation is correct, but the web site is not. His passport has the full middle name. It says there may be delayed or denied boarding because of this.

    Do I call 70,000 tons or Royal Caribbean tomorrow??? Is it that big of a deal?


    This issue was brought up before and according to RC, the middle name is not important. It is only the first and last name they care about.

    Also, you are not the only one for this to happen to. It seems to be for everyone who supplied a middle name.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11181
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:13 pm

    Never hurts to put in those phone calls just so there's that much more record of you doing your part to supply all the accurate info but, yeah, as Ravenlord said, this came up for a few ppl already and it seems the website makes it seem like a far bigger concern than the people on the other end of the phone seem to once you call them.

    My motto with stuff like this, don't stress too much but do all ya can to cover all the bases. See you guys on broad!! :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1589
    Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:46 pm

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by STACH100 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:16 pm

    They did the same crap with me so now I have a middle initial and a middle name! I think they will get over it.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • User avatar
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman
    Posts: 736
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:14 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by metalgoddess » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:23 pm

    Ravenlord wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote:Well, shit. I went to check into Royal Caribbean and start completing things. They used Ron's middle initial instead of his middle name! The confirmation is correct, but the web site is not. His passport has the full middle name. It says there may be delayed or denied boarding because of this.

    Do I call 70,000 tons or Royal Caribbean tomorrow??? Is it that big of a deal?


    This issue was brought up before and according to RC, the middle name is not important. It is only the first and last name they care about.

    Also, you are not the only one for this to happen to. It seems to be for everyone who supplied a middle name.



    The weird thing is, they got my full name right but not his. Well, I'll make some calls tomorrow just to be safe and bring every document with me! Sheesh!

    It can never be easy, can it? LOL

    See you all on broad! :heavydrink: Oh, and thanks!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Laura » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:48 pm

    STACH100 wrote:They did the same crap with me so now I have a middle initial and a middle name! I think they will get over it.


    me too! I finally did the online check-in this morning - and I'm Laura G Gene ...... :lol: btw my middle name Gene is from Eugene (my beloved grandfather) - not Gene Simmons! :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    Evil Red
    Midshipman
    Posts: 672
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:52 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA USA

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Evil Red » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:26 pm

    Yep, I had the same problem with my name. They had my first and middle together and after a phone call to UM, I had to check the 'I do not have a middle name' box and hope that they're right, that RC isn't going to be super anal about it. Even though my full name is infact all typed out. Oi Vey!
    I made the Devil do it.
  • waldmensch
    Crewman
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 am
    Location: black forest

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by waldmensch » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:52 am

    Evil Red wrote:Yep, I had the same problem with my name. They had my first and middle together and after a phone call to UM, I had to check the 'I do not have a middle name' box and hope that they're right, that RC isn't going to be super anal about it. Even though my full name is infact all typed out. Oi Vey!



    me too
  • waldmensch
    Crewman
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 am
    Location: black forest

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by waldmensch » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:01 am

    Metalwrath wrote:
    KevinP wrote:You crazy Europeans must get into alot of mishaps if you are this worried about your medical bills. :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Lets just say that the time i was at MCF in 2007 in Germany i got so drunk that i collapsed right before Manowar played.
    Long story short i got taken in an ambulance and to hospital.
    Months later back in ireland i got a random post from Germany which was a nice bill from said hospital.Trying to charge me 500 euro for the treatment and a further 1000 euro charge for the ambulance service.
    I have yet to this day paid said bill despite getting numerous letters over the years about it.
    I consulkted some people in my country about this and even though i did not have travel insurance cover at the time apparently Ireland has some kind of EU agreeement that if such an 'Emergency' happens to an irish citizen they do not get charged for this.
    They still tried to chrage me for this about a year ago.A year previous to this i had sent all the bills to some department in my county that deal with this shit.
    10 months ago i get mail from my government stating that they have brought the case to them that i under EU agreement i should not have to pay this bill.
    They also stated that it would take a few months to get a response maximum.
    I'm assuming that this situation has been dealt with by now but who fucking knows right?
    Everytime i go to Germany i am expecting to get pulled over by passport control over this issue.Luckily i am not and i try not to think about it :lol:



    if you go to the hospital in German because of alcohol, you must also pay this yourself as a German. The insurance does not pay for alcoholic abuse.
    Whether the compulsory health insurance or not.
  • User avatar
    Le G@SP
    Oiler
    Posts: 41
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:15 am
    Location: Paris, France, Europe

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Le G@SP » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:44 am

    Hi everybody!

    Sorry if the question has been previously asked but I'm trying to check-in on the Royal Caribbean website and I don't know the reservation number, I have just the booking number sent by Ultimate Music and it doesn't work. Maybe this reservation number is right under my nose but i'm unable to find it :oops:

    See ya on the boat!
  • User avatar
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3135
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 am
    Location: Dublin, Ireland

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by Ravenlord » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:06 am

    Le G@SP wrote:Hi everybody!

    Sorry if the question has been previously asked but I'm trying to check-in on the Royal Caribbean website and I don't know the reservation number, I have just the booking number sent by Ultimate Music and it doesn't work. Maybe this reservation number is right under my nose but i'm unable to find it :oops:

    See ya on the boat!


    Your reservation number and details should have been emailed to you. I received mine on January 7th. Perhaps you should check your spam folder in case it went in there.

    If it is not there and you have not received it, you should get in touch with the 70000 tons organisers.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11181
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: DONT FORGET TO CHECK IN 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CRUISE!!!!

    by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:07 am

    Le G@SP wrote:Hi everybody!

    Sorry if the question has been previously asked but I'm trying to check-in on the Royal Caribbean website and I don't know the reservation number, I have just the booking number sent by Ultimate Music and it doesn't work. Maybe this reservation number is right under my nose but i'm unable to find it :oops:

    See ya on the boat!

    If you received your e-ticket by e-mail, it should have all the required info in BOLD and very clearly set out near the top of the e-mail. Mine looked like this:

    Your Last Name or Surname: XXXXXX (Your name may be shortened due to an 18 character limit)
    Your Royal Caribbean Reservation Number: XXXXXXX
    Date Of Departure: 24 January 2011
    Ship Name: Majesty Of The Seas

    That 7 digit number is the one you want
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
Post Reply 278 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 115 guests