Locked 432 posts
Preparty Miami
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Preparty Miami

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:48 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    last_candle wrote:Fosters? drinkable, but not really treat...

yeah it's the cheap stuff. "foster's, it's australian for cheap!" someone on this thread was excited about Yuengling and i have no idea why - also pretty cheap and not that great.

I happen to like Yuengling. I completely blame my friend from Philly.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:52 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:
    last_candle wrote:Fosters? drinkable, but not really treat...

yeah it's the cheap stuff. "foster's, it's australian for cheap!" someone on this thread was excited about Yuengling and i have no idea why - also pretty cheap and not that great.

I happen to like Yuengling. I completely blame my friend from Philly.

yeah i have family in PA and drink it when we have our family reunions, but it fails to impress me. it's not horrible just surprised that it excites anyone! :viking:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:55 pm

gnoff wrote:

Not surprisingly I support this!
    :D

I'm shocked. Really. :cheers:
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm in for anything around Miami Beach, and I'll make sure my 3 Canuck cabinmates are as well.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Zirconia
    Crewman

by Zirconia » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:46 am

rhiawiz wrote:
    Zirconia wrote:Just realized how far the culture room is from my hotel.... 45min in car at least..... Not sure I can make it! :( Need something in Miami??

that sunday evening a group of us are hitting this Beer and Burger joint right in Miami, see all my posts about it above!

Sounds like a plan!!! Thanks! :)
    2011, 2012, 2015 Survivor, BTH 2012 Survivor!!!! \m/\m/
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:47 am

stoverkill wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote:
    Well, I guess hubby can come watch football with you, while I lay on the beach. We're staying at Winterhaven on Saturday and Sunday.

Cool, y'all are only 4 blocks away. As long as he's not an Eagles fan, send him on over. ;)

Nope, he's not an Eagles fan. We're originally from SE Wyoming, so he's been a hardcore Denver Broncos fan all his life. They are out of the playoffs, so it won't be as draining. LOL

I'll PM you my phone number, so we can hook up at the Clevelander to watch the playoff game. I think he would like to watch the game in a sports bar with another metalhead going on the cruise.

Anyone else staying at South Beach?
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:51 am

I'm staying with my cabinmates at the Wyndam Garden Hotel. Corner of 9th and Washington.
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:09 am

On Sunday I'll probably be at the nearest sports bar to the Port of Miami Holiday Inn watching the Patroits bounce, probably the Steelers.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:10 am

Inquisitor wrote:On Sunday I'll probably be at the nearest sports bar to the Port of Miami Holiday Inn watching the Patroits bounce, probably the Steelers.

Oh yeah! I can't wait for the playoffs to start.
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:35 pm

rhiawiz wrote:also don't forget - for those of us unable to make it all the way up to Ft. Lauderdale - we can do something on that Sunday evening down near Miami Beach.

my man and i were thinking of getting to this Burger n Beer joint:

http://bnbjoint.com/

99 beers! it's only a couple miles can split a very cheap cab or something - 6 or 7pm whatever works i think we'll be in around 5ish, we're at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami.

Count us 9 Swedes in at the B´n´B joint..but which one and what time ? I think that´s a great idea and I know alot of people from the Facebook Forum would like to join in as well :cool:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:39 pm

wildchild wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:also don't forget - for those of us unable to make it all the way up to Ft. Lauderdale - we can do something on that Sunday evening down near Miami Beach.

99 beers! it's only a couple miles can split a very cheap cab or something - 6 or 7pm whatever works i think we'll be in around 5ish, we're at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami.

Count us 9 Swedes in at the B´n´B joint..but which one and what time ? I think that´s a great idea and I know alot of people from the Facebook Forum would like to join in as well :cool:

i'm gonna start a thread for this next week! it's the BRICKELL Miami BnB and we were thinking 7pm that sunday.
    Last edited by WizardBeast on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:54 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    wildchild wrote:

i'm gonna start a thread for this next week! it's the Miami beach BnB and we were thinking 7pm that sunday.

Ok ! But the one in South Beach or the one near the port - Bricknall or something like it...if you start the thread I can check how many in the FB forum that are interested ? Would be sooo great if we could all get together :beerhorns:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    metalia
    Oiler

by metalia » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:07 pm

Cool, I'll check your thread for sure! :) We stay at an hotel near the port, it won't be a problem for us :heavydrink: Cant wait!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:49 pm

Shit Debb and Captain... looks like our Fort Lauderdale pre-party is a bust. Everyone's going to South Beach! :cry:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    metalia
    Oiler

by metalia » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:27 pm

Well honestly, the cruise departure is in Miami, do you think everybody was suppose to go to FL? I mean, the majority will probably be in Miami after all :?

Anyway, this is just a supper+beer night, not a big party at the bnb... this is suppose to be the 23rd so the night before the departure, so if you think about it, dont think anyone would like to miss the boat and wake up late ;)
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:50 pm

Yes that is what I understood. It was going to be at the Culture Room, because it's the best metal venue in south Florida.
    I'm still holding out hope for this, and waiting patiently on our "Captains" to announce something awesome.
    :headbanger:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:53 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Yes that is what I understood. It was going to be at the Culture Room, because it's the best metal venue in south Florida.
    I'm still holding out hope for this, and waiting patiently on our "Captains" to announce something awesome.
    :headbanger:

I'm staying in South Beach, but I am waiting to see what this Ft. Lauderdale preparty is before I commit to a South Beach one. Rhia's suggestion does seem great, though. Perhaps we can pull off both.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:56 pm

And I guess no one is going to Rock 'N' Roll Ribs?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:57 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:And I guess no one is going to Rock 'N' Roll Ribs?

I'm staying in Miami the night we return from the cruise. Maybe the night we get back a bunch of us could go?
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:02 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:And I guess no one is going to Rock 'N' Roll Ribs?

I'll go!!!
    Just don't know where is it anyway, but I'll find it :D
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:47 am

Captain Metal wrote:That sir, is the idea. The target for this is Sunday January 23rd

After all of the New Years heavy metal fun, I'm getting really excited for this whole experience! You know that Brian and I will be on time for whatever happens. We'll be there with cold beer and the party spirit before most anyone else, if past parties are anything to go by! :heavydrink:
  • JP1
    Wiper

by JP1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:58 am

R'n'Ribs sounds good.

Doesn't Motley Crue own some sort of rock-theme biker bar/strip club in town?
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm starting to come to the sad realization that the opportunity to partake in "Metal Karaoke" onbroad is going to be VERY small what with all of the amazing bands to see. Anyone know of some decent karaoke bars in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale? Preferably one without the typical "Jersey Shore" types that I can hope not to get into a bar fight at before we set sail :lol:

If anyone is interested in joining for a karaoke night shoot me a pm :cheers: :heavydrink: :D :headbanger:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:49 pm

I now begin to question the validity of what I was trying to achieve, since it seems everyone is so fractured in what they plan to do come the 23rd.

At this point, I think I need to get some kind of consensus of whether or not to continue. Maybe I'll see if I can find some dive near downtown Miami that'll host such a thing. Not really the way I'd like to do it, but it's better then nothing. What say you?
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Captain Metal wrote:I now begin to question the validity of what I was trying to achieve, since it seems everyone is so fractured in what they plan to do come the 23rd.

At this point, I think I need to get some kind of consensus of whether or not to continue. Maybe I'll see if I can find some dive near downtown Miami that'll host such a thing. Not really the way I'd like to do it, but it's better then nothing. What say you?

I was staying noncommital until I found out exactly what you were cooking up. Are you able to tell us exactly what you were working on?
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:14 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:I now begin to question the validity of what I was trying to achieve, since it seems everyone is so fractured in what they plan to do come the 23rd.

I was staying noncommital until I found out exactly what you were cooking up. Are you able to tell us exactly what you were working on?

I'm of the same mindset - would love a preparty of sorts, with a few of the bands playing is just cherry on the cake. If the dive has karaoke then all the better! Just trying to figure out what to do for the 3 nights in Miami.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:21 pm

mooyagi wrote:

+1 if I were you, I would question the effort put into it, too - not because the event wouldn't be well organized, but because it's uncertain if people show up
    yet, the forum community is just a small share of the whole bunch of metalheads staying in Miami the night before the cruise; if "your" event gets announced on the official 70k homepage, there will be enough people showing up
    +1 it would be nice to know what the plans are (concert, karaoke, "just" a metalbar...)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Initially, I was trying to get another of the cruise bands to do this thing (not unlike Testament for the aftermath), but it seemed like that whole idea just hit a road block (like Iced Earth wanting way too much money for something like this). At the very least, I want to put together a lineup of quality local bands at this point. There was also some attempt to have Andy and the 70000 Tons crew involved, but due to the holidays, it seems getting everyone together to vote on committing to their involvement to a Pre Party was a problem, so more delay. And this is only because the owner of the Culture Room had a bit of trepidation, so we wanted to have their involvement on some level to at least help promote it.

So this would be both a concert and a Metal bar for the night. No karaoke however, as amusing as that might be.

It's really a big tangled web of red tape and bureaucracy. Were it all up to me, I could put everything together and start promoting this within a half hour. I just wish someone would tell me something one way or the other. It's beyond frustrating really. :evil:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:21 pm

It is amazing how people can complicate things, anyway count us in for whatever you can put together.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Seems to me there are many people that are going to be in or are willing to go to Ft. Lauderdale to party, and I am organizing something in Miami for those of us who cannot get up there are are interested in microbrews! sounds like that culture room idea was good for that group and the few of us who have no good way to get up there can go have beers with me or go to some other club! i'm not a club person, i'd rather sit around a table and eat and drink, but that is just me and whoever signs up to hang at the Burger N Beer joint with me on the 23rd!

just my 2 cents...
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:55 pm

While I can never fully expect anything, I chose a hotel in Fort Lauderdale for 2 reasons:
    1. Flight direct to FLL.
    2. Pre-party at the Culture Room.

I know that if the pre-party were to be booked at the Culture Room, myself and Debb will be there.
    Captain - Welcome to the world of promoting. I've been working with a promoter here, and I completely understand all the challenges you've gone through. If it's any consolation, I sincerely appreciate your efforts and I hope something comes through. However, with such little time between now and then... I think it's a wash at this point. You, the venue, bands, and promoters will have no time to promote the show to get any sort of decent turn out. The bands might as well play for free, and like you said, it's no guarantee that anyone (except me, you and Debb :lol: ) will show up. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, because I would love to have something there, but all signs point toward giving up... unless you're just waiting on responses. And if something pops up in the next week or so, I say go for it! I'll be there. Good luck man!
    :heavydrink:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:27 pm

wildchild wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:
    wildchild wrote:Count us 9 Swedes in at the B´n´B joint..but which one and what time ? I think that´s a great idea and I know alot of people from the Facebook Forum would like to join in as well :cool:

i'm gonna start a thread for this next week! it's the Miami beach BnB and we were thinking 7pm that sunday.

Ok ! But the one in South Beach or the one near the port - Bricknall or something like it...if you start the thread I can check how many in the FB forum that are interested ? Would be sooo great if we could all get together :beerhorns:

Yes it's the Brickell one - closest to the Port. I DID start a new thread for this - are there still 9 of you?
    Tomasz
    Crewman

by Tomasz » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:54 pm

A bar/pub/resturant or street with series of those in Miami Beach / Downtown / Near the Port that can accomodate larger group of people appears to be the best/only option left. Good luck, if it does not happen I would not worry too much either. We'll make up for the loses on the boat.
    warrior86
    Oiler

by warrior86 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Culture Room!!!!! Donn, if it was the culture room.. you would make it for Saturday or Sunday night??
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:23 am

Anywhere on 22nd or 23rd January, just tell me where to go :)
    -----------------
    Zeh
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:45 am

Hey Donn,
    I "for one" am planning on meeting at the Culture Room.....as do a number of us
    I know there are many here that plan to stay in Miami, but do not want to travel that far...which is no big deal....Im sure Sunday night is the least of everyones worries....if there is a couple groups in Miami getting together.....and anyone staying in Ft Lauderdale can attend the CULTURE ROOM"........its all good....I dont plan on stying out real late that night anyway.....I got shit to do..... lmao.....
    So I dont think it matters if you have anything "big" planned....just a meeting spot really.......you think we should just start a "THOSE STAYING AND MEETING UP IN MIAMI THE NIGHT OF THE 23RD" thread...and "THOSE STAYING AND MEETING UP IN FT LAUDERDALE THE NIGHT OF THE 23RD" then everyone will have a choice of where they want to be......
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:53 am

I say, just don't worry about anyone who isn't expressing interest in what you are planning. There looks to be plenty of other people who are planning their own thing, which is to be expected since lots of people may not have another chance to be around the area like we always are. I'm sure people who are interested will find their way to the "right group", so just throw out your plan and see who seems interested and what those people have to add. All others can go to the sports bar to watch the games or try to act metal at some Motley Crue strip joint or whatever other ideas I've seen tossed around. Your parties are metal. Their fault if they choose something else over it or can't make up their minds in time. :) I'm sure there won't be a shortage of fun... I mean... we're coming. :cheers:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:45 am

Well thank you Amanda. I wasn't even worried about what you and Brian were gonna do, since that was a no brainer :twisted:

And as for Dave's question about which day, then that would be Sunday the 23rd we're aiming at, so I'm really gonna get on Greg about this starting today.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:47 am

Donn- Very nice, I will be there on the 23rd, might have to go straight from the airport to the pre party
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Donn- Very nice, I will be there on the 23rd, might have to go straight from the airport to the pre party

Are you flyin into Ft Lauderdale Scott?
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
Locked 432 posts