Locked 94 posts
Will this sell out immediately ???
    Oli
    Crewman

Re: Will this sell out immediately ???

by Oli » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:15 am

Personally I think the whole booking thing is a bit lame,they don´t update the homepage on witch cabins have been soldout and say that public sales will start very soon but week after week go by and nothing happens.

I am deperate to go on this cruse and had i heard of it before I would have pre registred,but that is to late now.

The worst thing is That I have the money to go on this cruse,the wife and me have arranged a weeks babysitting,we have found cheap flights from Denmark to Miami and hotel rooms, and all this could be in vain

Please come out and tell us something,a date or what cabins are soldout
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:50 am

as for selling out, yes it will, when, is the question. the cheap cabins will go quick.
    but then again I pre -registered, splurged and booked a suite 30 days ago and out of 50 suites 18 were left.
    of course some people thinks its a waste and some people not depending on your activities. I dont book suites in hotels but on cruises I do.
    if you really want to go cost should not be an issue, only 2000 people can attend and people from all over the world are booking this.
    bite the weinie and put it on your plastic.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:40 am

Hey Paul- Scott from Facebook

Yeah, I wonder if they are going to let the General Public bookers pay using the payment plan????? That was nice for some of us who have some bills to pay as well as the cruise! I do not use plastic other than a debit mastercard and a paypal mastercard for eBay sales. If someone really wants to go on this, they could sell stuff from their collection to go. I have done that, did that last summer and went to Norway for Hole in the Sky. Airfare was 840.00 and hotel was 340.00 (my 1/2)..... :mrgreen:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:01 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:Well i could have spoiled myself but thought "Why waste my money"? I had a lower interior room on the cruise I took in 2008 and if I wanted to have breakfast with fresh air and a view of the ocean, I could take it to the sun deck or upper deck.

I was on the first or 2nd floor one time and all I kept hearing were the stabilizers moving all freaking night. Constantly woke me up. So the higher the floor # the better for me. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:10 am

Chopper wrote:as for selling out, yes it will, when, is the question. the cheap cabins will go quick.
    but then again I pre -registered, splurged and booked a suite 30 days ago and out of 50 suites 18 were left.
    of course some people thinks its a waste and some people not depending on your activities. I dont book suites in hotels but on cruises I do.
    if you really want to go cost should not be an issue, only 2000 people can attend and people from all over the world are booking this.
    bite the weinie and put it on your plastic.

I'll bite the weenie and tear the damn thing off. I have the money and the plastic at the computer with me every time I log on, but I have anxiety I won't be able to find out within the right amount of time.

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:30 am

I'll bite the weenie and tear the damn thing off. I have the money and the plastic at the computer with me every time I log on, but I have anxiety I won't be able to find out within the right amount of time.[/quote]

My fear also.

Let´s hope we are gonna have luck on our side :viking:

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:31 am

Horns crossed for us both, Oli. :twisted:

Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:54 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:Hey Paul- Scott from Facebook

Yeah, I wonder if they are going to let the General Public bookers pay using the payment plan????? That was nice for some of us who have some bills to pay as well as the cruise! I do not use plastic other than a debit mastercard and a paypal mastercard for eBay sales. If someone really wants to go on this, they could sell stuff from their collection to go. I have done that, did that last summer and went to Norway for Hole in the Sky. Airfare was 840.00 and hotel was 340.00 (my 1/2)..... :mrgreen:

they might do the payment plan, but i think final payment will be due in august.
  • audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm

CharleneThrashes wrote:As a fellow metal brother i hope you manage to get on this cruise.

Thank you, truly. We hope to finally see some of our metal family members as they do not really exist anywhere near us.[/quote]

Yes! Good luck sister! Send some luck our way too please :D
    Hope to see you all aboard the METAL SHIP!
    :metalguy:[/quote]

I'm rooting for you as well! We will both succeed come hell or high seas![/quote]

Arr!
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Greetings from Australia :)

I didn't pre-register for this as I never thought I would be able to afford it. But after over 10 years in my job I've been made redundant. It sucked initially, but I'm getting a great payout and will be walking straight into a new job that pays more!!

So instead of the planned honeymoon to Europe in October next year, I think my wife and I will do 70,000 tons of metal instead :D

I just hope it doesn't sell out before we get our chance!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Welcome cowboy
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:55 am

cowboy71 wrote:Greetings from Australia :) ... I just hope it doesn't sell out before we get our chance!!

Best of luck to ya. If you haven't already, I suggest subscribing to the newsletter, joining the facebook group and related discussions, monitor these boards regularly and have your cc handy at all times :cool:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:00 am

gday cowboy
    good to see a few aussies in here :P
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:49 am

cowboy71 wrote:Greetings from Australia :)

I didn't pre-register for this as I never thought I would be able to afford it. But after over 10 years in my job I've been made redundant. It sucked initially, but I'm getting a great payout and will be walking straight into a new job that pays more!!

So instead of the planned honeymoon to Europe in October next year, I think my wife and I will do 70,000 tons of metal instead :D

I just hope it doesn't sell out before we get our chance!!

Right there with ya. Good luck!

jassiak
    Crewman

by jassiak » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:46 am

Greetings from Slovakia - Central Europe, Hope I will get my chance before it will be sold out. too bad, i didn't heard about this to catch the pre-sales. :cry:
    I can see clearly now, a painful vision indeed
    An attack on hallowed ground, from high above
    Alien to us, the species known as man
    bestialbekah
    Crewman

by bestialbekah » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:33 am

jassiak wrote:Greetings from Slovakia - Central Europe, Hope I will get my chance before it will be sold out. too bad, i didn't heard about this to catch the pre-sales. :cry:

Greetings and welcome! :headbanger:

I hope you get your chance too!!
    jassiak
    Crewman

by jassiak » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:18 am

bestialbekah wrote:
    jassiak wrote:Greetings from Slovakia - Central Europe, Hope I will get my chance before it will be sold out. too bad, i didn't heard about this to catch the pre-sales. :cry:

Thanks, am now like an addict, checking the page every bloody day :headbanger: Hope, they will not start around Easter when I will be somewhere in woods without PC connection, that would piss me off. I will be checking and hoping ;-)
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:58 am

jassiak wrote:
    bestialbekah wrote:

Thanks, am now like an addict, checking the page every bloody day :headbanger: Hope, they will not start around Easter when I will be somewhere in woods without PC connection, that would piss me off. I will be checking and hoping ;-)

You're not the only one, I feel like an addict too. I'm constantly checking the site/twitter/facebook/forums for any news about when the cabins go on sale to the public. I think I'm obsessed!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:15 am

I'm betting that within 24 hours, the question won't be "Can I get a ticket?", it will be "Can I afford a luxury cabin cuz that's all that's left?"

Good Luck All

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:19 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:I'm betting that within 24 hours, the question won't be "Can I get a ticket?", it will be "Can I afford a luxury cabin cuz that's all that's left?"

Good Luck All

Well I don't think all the interior cabins will sell out within 24 hours, but my guess (based on nothing but my gut instinct and no real knowledge) is that half of those will be gone. Might take up to 5-7 days for the remainder of those to go.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. But I have this week off work, so I get to indulge my onsession and click refresh on the forum, homepage and facebook oage 20-25X per day just to make sure.

:D :D :D

P.S. - Did you get a cabin already? I'd be bummed if I don't snag an interior, but if that is the case I'm booking what I can get and figuring everything else out later. :mrgreen:

P.S.S - As I clicked SUBMIT on this post I see an email come in "Special Offer: Cruise", I almost knocked the computer over. Just a nonsense one from Carnival.
    :evil: :evil: :evil:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    jassiak
    Crewman

by jassiak » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:25 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:I'm betting that within 24 hours, the question won't be "Can I get a ticket?", it will be "Can I afford a luxury cabin cuz that's all that's left?"

Good Luck All

Thanks ... Hope i will be on-line when the damned thing starts ;) cannot effort not to be...am addict already :headbanger: :death:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:29 am

jassiak wrote:Thanks ... Hope i will be on-line when the damned thing starts ;) cannot effort not to be...am addict already :headbanger: :death:

Their offices open in 90 minutes. If I didn't have a ticket yet, I'd start dialing at 9:55 PST to get through and ask if the sale is started and, if not, is it today? Time?

1-888-705-8667

jassiak
    Crewman

by jassiak » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:36 am

Just made my call ;) and now am only waiting for the invoice to come ;) Yeah... :shred: see you on board :death:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:46 pm

jassiak wrote:Just made my call ;) and now am only waiting for the invoice to come ;) Yeah... :shred: see you on board :death:

Same as you. WooHoo, can't tell you how excited and relived I am at the same time. Now the agonizing wait until next year.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:32 pm

Yep. Us as well.
    Cabin is reserved!!!!!!
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:34 pm

I'll feel 100% confortable and relaxed when the invoice arrives and I make that initial payment. Agonizing 48 hours. LOL
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:52 am

KevinP wrote:I'll feel 100% confortable and relaxed when the invoice arrives and I make that initial payment. Agonizing 48 hours. LOL

The cabin is reserved #4563 :shred:

But I totally agree with you,one just want this thing done and dusted

• Svavar
    Wiper

by Svavar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:03 am

Anynone know if their site is updated and the 3rd deck cabins are still available??
    F-in expensive to call, but i will in an hour if its still available!
    Jemstar
    Oiler

by Jemstar » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:19 am

My fiance and I filled out the online form yesterday and got a page saying someone would contact us within the next day... he put his contact info, so I guess I'll find out what the deal is when we get home from work this evening. It didn't say on the website that everything was sold out, so maybe there's still room for us...
    4045... hopefully?
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:28 am

Jemstar wrote:My fiance and I filled out the online form yesterday and got a page saying someone would contact us within the next day... he put his contact info, so I guess I'll find out what the deal is when we get home from work this evening. It didn't say on the website that everything was sold out, so maybe there's still room for us...

I booked by phone on Monday (03/22) and was told I would receive a confirmation email in 48 hours to verify all the info was correct, I could then submit my credit card/payment info.

Still waiting on the email (like a rabid dog). So you should be fine. :viking:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:41 am

Thats odd. I when I called to pre book they took my credit card info and then sent me a confirmation that very same day
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:45 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:Thats odd. I when I called to pre book they took my credit card info and then sent me a confirmation that very same day

I knew someone was going to say that and drive my paranoia thru the roof. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But as others who booked the same day as I did, were told the same thing. Apparently you can fill out a form and email them your info as well. But that doesn't have payment screen either.

My only guess is that pre sales were handled differently then general sales since the volume would be much lower :? :? :?
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:57 am

we were told that confirmation email can take up to 48 hours which i think it did and that was with the presale so don't worry.
    Just be patient ;)
    PapaSmurf
    Oiler

by PapaSmurf » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:38 am

KevinP wrote:My only guess is that pre sales were handled differently then general sales since the volume would be much lower :? :? :?

thats what i would guess ;)

nothing to worry, really :beerwink:
    jassiak
    Crewman

by jassiak » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:26 am

Looks like our creepy thoughts of immediate sell out haven't yet come to reality. However I am booked, invoice paid so.. ;)
    lawra
    Wiper

by lawra » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:28 am

My paranoia is way beyond healthy and acceptable levels. D:
    WHERE IS THIS CONFFIRMATION INVOICE EMAIL?
    i made my online reservation on wednesday. GAH I NEED IT SO I WON'T GO COMPLETLY MAD. srsly :evil:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:30 am

i'll say it again for those who cannot read.
    IT CAN TAKE UP TO 48 HOURS FOR CONFIRMATION.
    48 HOURS = 2 DAYS
    It's still only the morning there so they will probably email you in the evening.
    Have some patience people. :roll:
    lawra
    Wiper

by lawra » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:37 am

I know it's only morning, but I acctually made the reservation the sun wasn't even up yet.
    And I know im freaking out and they'll probably email me in the evening, but i still can't believe the whole cruise isn't acctually sold out and they just didn't update the site.

reasonable me is waaaay back there. oh well
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:35 am

lawra wrote:I know it's only morning, but I acctually made the reservation the sun wasn't even up yet.
    And I know im freaking out and they'll probably email me in the evening, but i still can't believe the whole cruise isn't acctually sold out and they just didn't update the site.

reasonable me is waaaay back there. oh well

Lots of us are/were right there with you (too good to be true this event is happening and you were able to book a cabin). No worries you'll get it. :D
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    sideways
    Petty Officer

by sideways » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:24 pm

It appears there's a couple categories sold out already!
Locked 94 posts