Post Reply 112 posts
Remembering Laura (MadameLePink)
  • Laura
    Commander

Remembering Laura (MadameLePink)

by Laura » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:50 am

Many of us have learned the news today that Laura from Denmark has passed away. Those of us who had the pleasure of knowing her via this forum, the 70K Cruise last year, other festivals, and so on, know what an incredibly delightful woman she was and what a loving relationship she had with her husband Fredrik. Fredrik - I can not began to imagine your loss right now - I hope you don't mind that I started a thread in her honor.

My primary memory of Laura is her smile (I don't think I saw her without a smile on the boat!), her kindness & friendliness, and last but not least - her zest for life and Carpe Diem! attitude. The latter I learned the most from some private online conversations I had with her....I felt very connected to her in that way, because it is an attitude I strive to live by as well. I am deeply saddened we will not meet again in this lifetime, but I am so grateful to have known her. And to Fredrik - my thoughts are with you.
    Last edited by Laura on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    pablov8
    Midshipman

Re: Remembering Laura (MadameLePink)

by pablov8 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 am

This news suck. I didn't know her personally but I remember being on the same bus when going to the pre party this year

Rest in peace, and my condolences to her husband (i think he's Uncle Soda in the forums, right?).
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Our condoleances.....
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Laura wrote:Many of us have learned the news today that Laura from Denmark has passed away. Those of us who had the pleasure of knowing her via this forum, the 70K Cruise last year, other festivals, and so on, know what an incredibly delightful woman she was and what a loving relationship she had with her husband Fredrik. Fredrik - I can not began to imagine your loss right now - I hope you don't mind that I started a thread in her honor.

My primary memory of Laura is her smile (I don't think I saw her without a smile on the boat!), her kindness & friendliness, and last but not least - her zest for life and Carpe Diem! attitude. The latter I learned the most from some private online conversations I had with her....I felt very connected to her in that way, because it is an attitude I strive to live by as well. I am deeply saddened we will not meet again in this lifetime, but I am so grateful to have known her. And to Fredrik - my thoughts are with you.

So well said. So glad for the times I spent with her and Fredrik. Such amazing people. I am truly in shock over this news. Much love and hugs to Fredrik.
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
  • KeithYorkMetal
    Petty Officer

by KeithYorkMetal » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:10 pm

I do not know her..but...May the goddess protect her and her husband, and may she find peace. :(
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:32 pm

I looked up to her quite a bit. I looked into every band she would post about because we liked a lot of the same stuff, and I had a LOT of respect and admiration for her because she ran her own business....one where she made/sold what she loved. I remember chatting with her in the Ladies thread about stalking Turisas and Moonsorrow together. There are not a lot of women who I meet and think "This chick is awesome. I want to be like her." She was a beautiful woman with a lot of spirit. And she wouldn't take shit from anyone!
    Her close friends and family and Uncle Soda have my deepest condolences. She was truly one-of-a-kind.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:00 pm

I only had a chance to talk to her once and I'm glad she did. Like everyone here said she always had a smile on her face and it was infectious. RIP
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:18 pm

I feel honored to have known Laura. She is THE definition of the person who follows her dreams in life. Laura, hon, I will always remember that first and foremost, you followed and ACHIEVED your dreams and never looked back!!! She was a woman of my own heart. Creative, musical, fun, witty, multi-lingual, well traveled, and not to mention adorable!

I loved hearing her story of how she practiced Swedish while growing up in Italy, and couldn't wait to move north as soon as she could, to be closer to the music scene and type of people SHE felt SHE could really connect with. The story of how she and Fredrik met was also so sweet and wonderful, just like their relationship. I am simply devastated that such a wonderful, "perpetual newlywed" type of relationship couldn't be permitted to develop into very old age, as it no doubt would have done. However, that being said, they seemed to have a lifetime of love realized in a decade or so, and it is most fortunate that they could share it.

Laura is gone far too young. I HAVE to say that she made the absolute most of her time here though. THE MOST. And that is NOT tragic. I'm so very saddened but will do my best to remember Laura with smiles, hugs, and laughter.

Also, Laura LITERALLY put PINK into my life. I used to hate pink before I met her, now i love it. i'm not even joking! She also helped convince me to go to Tuska last year. Having already been to Sweden, i thought it was excessive to plan to go to Finland as well, but she did tell me that i HAD to go and that both Helsinki and Tuska are WONDERFUL. She was of course, right, and I thank you Laura!

2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:29 pm

I never had a talk with her, but the things you guys wrote about her fit the "un-unnoticeable " positive charisma she had.
    My deepest condolences to Frederik, friends and family.
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Even if I've had a couple of days to try and get used to the idea of never seeing Laura again, it all seems so unreal. I am so saddened that I (nor Riikka) can't make it to Copenhagen this weekend, but I have talked quite a lot with Fredrik and I'm sure he knows I will be there in spirit.
    I only got to know Laura for less than two years, but she managed to find her way into my heart and become a part of my family. Or perhaps not family, more like a life-long friend - as to me that's more valuable than any blood connection.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Memnoch wrote:Even if I've had a couple of days to try and get used to the idea of never seeing Laura again, it all seems so unreal. I am so saddened that I (nor Riikka) can't make it to Copenhagen this weekend, but I have talked quite a lot with Fredrik and I'm sure he knows I will be there in spirit.
    I only got to know Laura for less than two years, but she managed to find her way into my heart and become a part of my family. Or perhaps not family, more like a life-long friend - as to me that's more valuable than any blood connection.

Ville, she certainly did make quite an impression in two years, didn't she! what a fitting memorial, though it's still shocking and sad.

My heart goes out to you and Riikka, too.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Didn't really know her, but respected what she wrote whenever she posted on the forum. And while I never got to speak with her, I saw her often on the boat and she always seemed full of energy, with a huge smile.

RIP Laura, my deepest sincerest condolences to your loved ones.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:49 pm

She was fun ever since she first started appearing here on the forums. I didn't get to spend too much time with her on the ship last year but she definitely always had a great big smile on her face. It's so tragic to see yet another member of our extended family taken from us too soon.

RIP Laura. :cheers:

Edit: I do remember one time we got to chat was in the room where the CNN interviews were taking place. The CNN guy was so excited to interview her. "I found someone with lots of color!" :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:54 pm

mooyagi wrote:Edit: I do remember one time we got to chat was in the room where the CNN interviews were taking place. The CNN guy was so excited to interview her. "I found someone with lots of color!" :lol:

We teased her about that interview a lot. "So, you went to a cabin with a non-metalhead, creepy looking older guy just because he said he's with CNN?" :lol:
    Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Edit: I do remember one time we got to chat was in the room where the CNN interviews were taking place. The CNN guy was so excited to interview her. "I found someone with lots of color!" :lol:

We teased her about that interview a lot. "So, you went to a cabin with a non-metalhead, creepy looking older guy just because he said he's with CNN?" :lol:

That does sound creepy :?
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Maybe the reporter guy should join the forum then? Creepers unite! :lol:
    Wishlist:
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Very sad indeed, RIP
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Moonsorrow will be played loudly when I get home from work.

Meredith and I were lucky enough to spend some time chatting with Laura and Fredrik most recently at Metalcamp.
    She was definitely one of a kind and we both were looking forward to seeing her and Fredrik again in the future.

I cannot imagine what Fredrik is going through right now. My heart goes out to him and all her friends and family.
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:16 pm

Im very sad to receive such news. Rest in peace metalgirl. Condolences from Paret Hårdrock /André and Sarah
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:31 pm

So sad about this. She was a very nice Girl, always smiling. Just had 2 Minutes to talk to her....
    Sincere condolences.

What is this? The Cruisers that everyone knows are dying. Duane, Rob, Laura - all very out of usual, all dead. So sorry about this.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Never talked to her at all, but if she was anything like her posts she was informed and respectful. Always seemed to be positive. RIP.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:45 pm

You guys said everything I wanted to already.

RIP Laura and condolences to Frederik :cry: :cry:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:46 pm

gnoff - I recognize your picture is from the pre-party at Grand Central last year!! That was such a great night and I have quite a few pictures of and with Laura & Fredrik as well. I was SO excited to meet them after knowing them only online from this forum and facebook. I have several other pictures as well, but I think the one I took of them during Pretty Maids pool deck set (and I know you were there too, gnoff! :cheers: ) is my favorite even though it is too bright and over-exposed lightwise. As I said on facebook, however, I think the brightness suits and mirrors Laura's energy, life & love for Fredrik. I mean - look at her! :D How many people can wear their hair that way and dress in those awesome clothes & jewelry and carry it off so confidently and with such flair?? Only a truly unique individual, that's who. :cool: :cool:

:cheers: Laura - I SO admired you for that awesome uniqueness!

I am especially glad that in advance of the cruise, I selected five items from her MadameLePink site http://www.madamelepink.com/ and she was kind enough to bring them along to sell them to me on the boat. Some small, but special physical tokens that will remind me of her every time I wear them (two collar/choker necklaces and three wrist-bands/bracelets). Rhia - didn't you buy some things from her as well?? And to follow some of what Rhia wrote in her post - how many people who set big goals and dreams for themselves (as she did with her big move to northern Europe, as well as starting her own business) really end up accomplishing them?? And how many people find their true "soul-mate" to share grand adventures with (weren't they married in Australia? not to mention the countless music festivals they attended). It sure seems Laura did all of that and that is to be admired and celebrated. :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:13 pm

I got the privilege of meeting both Laura and Frederik for the 1st time at the hotel we all stayed in. I have the fondest memories of Laura and our short time together on broad of 70k.
    What a delightful person she was! I still can't wrap my head around that I won't be seeing her again... very saddened by this news.

My sincere condolences to Frederik and her family on her passing. May she rest in peace and here is to colour PINK!
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
  • metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:58 pm

I did not personally know Laura - just from her postings on the forum. However, on the ship she was unmissable; both from her signature pink hair and lovely smile.

My condolences to her family and friends.

RIP Laura.
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:59 pm

I added some pink to my signature. I vote we pink up the forum up until the cruise as a gesture.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:06 pm

I agree too it's a very nice gesture
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Stained Class wrote:I added some pink to my signature. I vote we pink up the forum up until the cruise as a gesture.

Signature is now pink. Good idea!
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Mine too is now pink .. I think I only got a nod and a "hi" with her...but she was such an inspirational person.. so creative... unique. She will be missed by acquaintances and close friends.
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 pm

So very shocked and saddened to hear this.

Deepest condolences to Uncle Soda and all those closest to Laura.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm

I, too was also shocked when I heard the news. I only briefly met Laura in person but found her to be a very nice, happy person. Extremely creative and artistic. My condolences to Fredrik, they were such a great couple and clearly very in love.

RIP Laura :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Last edited by KDibildeaux on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:01 pm

Laura was such a sweet soul. My heart aches for Fredrick.

70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:14 pm

We met on saturday night in Miami, 2 days before the cruise. We had a blast. Such a nice person. I can't believe it. I tought she left the hospital because she was ok...Shit!!
    Fred, take care of yourself mate, sorry, I never know what to say ...

Last edited by Gandalf on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm

As mentioned in the other thread, we're so happy we got to spend some time, even if it was brief with Laura and Fredrick in Croatia. I'll never forget her offering me some of the toilet paper she swiped from the temp festival toilets, "Are you sure you don't want some, we got the last roll that was left!" :lol: Beauty and brains, all rolled into one :beerwink: We'll miss you Laura!
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Thank you Laura for your kind thought into making this tribute. Laura was a class A metalhead and woman. Her laugh was the most adorable thing I have ever heard. Everytime I ran into her on the last 70K cruise her eyes lit up and her infectious smile would go big and bright. She was the nicest, kindest soul. I too, cannot imagine what Fredrik is going through. Because they were clearly so deeply connected and in love.

I was so upset at school today and my classmates were trying to assure me that she was not suffering anymore and in a better place. I said yes. Valhalla.

Life is so short, hug those close to you and be kind to those who are your allies. Laura was nice to everyone she met. In the brief time that I knew her , I learned a lot from her . Music - they both got me heavy into Moonsorrow and simple human compassion.

Laura /Madame LePink- Rest well and you will be missed on the earthly plane..... We shall raise our drinks to Valhalla and toast to you in a couple of weeks.

Scott
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Thank you Scott.

I'm at loss for words... From my private collection:

:beerhorns:
    Last edited by torpedo20 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Can't say I ever met her but the one thing I have noticed is how close this forum is. Regardless if we have met someone or not we have all been through an epic experience together and I think that resonates throughout the forum. It's tough hearing about stuff like this. We should never have to be in a position to pay tribute to someone on the ship the following year but that is the fact of life and even though I can't make 2013 my condolences go out to her family friends and anyone who was lucky enough to meet her. I can't say I was one of them but she seems like an awesome woman
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:14 pm

She was incredibly nice, and very fun. Fredrick made quite an impression on me and I like him a lot. They definitely had SO much love, it's hard to not feel some jealousy in that regard. I'm sad at her passing, and feel for Fredrick :(
    It is great to remember the fun! I remember shortly after I arrived in South Beach, I had wandered to a pizza place where I met up with Marlo and Rachael and Conrad for the first time... I remember seeing her from like 2 blocks away! She stood out, and she loved it!
    I also remember how hard it was for her to wipe the smile off her face for my picture, but she'd been practicing haha
    Last edited by DrinkMoxie on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Very sad to hear this news. My sincerest condolences to Laura’s husband, family, and friends.
    I was glad to have met her during the 2012 cruise and at the Clay Hotel even when it was only a smile and hello. I will always remember her PINK hair color and style. :cry:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Found a couple pics and wanted to share them...

So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
Post Reply 112 posts