Post Reply 276 posts
Cripper Award Official Thread
  • Which band should win the 2016 CRIPPER AWARD?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:06 pm

Abinchova
    10%
    Dead Cross
    1%
    Dia De Los Muertos
    0%
    Distillator
    4%
    Koyi K Utho
    11%
    Nervosa
    27%
    No Raza
    8%
    Painful
    3%
    Squealer
    1%
    Starkill
    7%
    Twilight Force
    29%

Total votes: 219
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: Cripper Award Official Thread

by DragonLordJones » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:56 pm

Dark Dreams wrote:
    :lol: who is going to be the winner if there are several polls around?

Is this poll on the forum here now going to be the only "official" voting or do you combine the two counts in the end?

when we started we said if they put up an official poll the one we started would not count so you need to cast your vote in the poll to count ....... all other versions no longer matter :cry: final tally will be from what the poll results are. sorry for any confusion, this was not the intention on anyone's part. :oops: :cheers:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Last few days of polling!

134 votes so far - pretty good going :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:27 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    Dark Dreams wrote:
    :lol: who is going to be the winner if there are several polls around?

Is this poll on the forum here now going to be the only "official" voting or do you combine the two counts in the end?

when we started we said if they put up an official poll the one we started would not count so you need to cast your vote in the poll to count ....... all other versions no longer matter :cry: final tally will be from what the poll results are. sorry for any confusion, this was not the intention on anyone's part. :oops: :cheers:

This is absolutely not your fault, but next year there should be more coordination between all the parts (I would say these parts are UMC, Britta and Joey and you) so that noone wastes time doing doing useless work.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:10 pm

So with Twilight Force and Nervosa are at 47 a piece...what happens if they tie?
  • Rappelandre
    Wiper

by Rappelandre » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:32 pm

Nervosa was fucking awesome!!!!
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:34 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:So with Twilight Force and Nervosa are at 47 a piece...what happens if they tie?

Jello Wrestling
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:05 pm

I think we should find a way to avoid people who wasn't abroad to vote.

I just saw bands sharing "enter the forum and vote for us" but if you didn't go, why vote? If you've been on the cruise before, and you're always around the forum or the facebook group and you have friends amongst us, i think it's okay to vote, i dont agree, but since the Cripper award started as a way for us to interact, i feel like its okay to interact.

But if you never been to the cruise, i think it's unfair to vote...
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:I think we should find a way to avoid people who wasn't abroad to vote.

I just saw bands sharing "enter the forum and vote for us" but if you didn't go, why vote? If you've been on the cruise before, and you're always around the forum or the facebook group and you have friends amongst us, i think it's okay to vote, i dont agree, but since the Cripper award started as a way for us to interact, i feel like its okay to interact.

I agree with you that only people who were on board should vote, but I don't see any realistic way to prevent this from happening.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:28 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:I think we should find a way to avoid people who wasn't abroad to vote.

I agree with you that only people who were on board should vote, but I don't see any realistic way to prevent this from happening.

UMC has done it before, for the all star jam set list and for metal church's set list in 2013.

Just send email with codes for the people who were on the boat... and they can vote only once with each code.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Yeah sending codes to everyone that was on board to vote would definitely be the best way to do it.

With Nervosa sharing the link on their Facebook page urging people to vote, and them have 165,000 facebook followers, there would be chance that some of their followers would be motivated enough to come here register on the forum and vote even if they've never been on 70K in their lives.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:20 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah sending codes to everyone that was on board to vote would definitely be the best way to do it.

With Nervosa sharing the link on their Facebook page urging people to vote, and them have 165,000 facebook followers, there would be chance that some of their followers would be motivated enough to come here register on the forum and vote even if they've never been on 70K in their lives.

I don't think anyone who saw them on the cruise voted for Dead Cross? Who are those 2 people.....?
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:41 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah sending codes to everyone that was on board to vote would definitely be the best way to do it.

Ah well that explains why their votes suddenly skyrocketed.
    What a cheesy way to win the award, somewhat really negates what it's meant to be.
    Looks like going from a band I don't care for to a band I actively dislike never been easier...
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:44 pm

I don't think you can just register and vote ,a person in this thread complained they couldn't vote.In order to vote in a poll you might need a certain amount of comments or some other threshold to reach ability to vote.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:49 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:I don't think you can just register and vote ,a person in this thread complained they couldn't vote.In order to vote in a poll you might need a certain amount of comments or some other threshold to reach ability to vote.

Nope I talked to them, they weren't logged in haha
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:43 am

I Have not voted as I feel the whole thing is getting ridiculous .... try as we may people just don't seem to get what the award is.

I love that we are trying to expand it to more people, but it seams to just be getting diluted in this or that.

Good luck with what this becomes, but I bow out .......... thank you for all your help Britta - I'm glad there is a trophy for said winner, but it's not the same anymore.

70k isn't what it was anymore - I'm not saying I won't keep going, but it's just not what I loved it to be. :cheers: :givebeer:

For those of you who know me - hope to keep seeing you at some point, just not doing any of the things I did for the cruise anymore.
    :cry: no more passed the fuck out - by me , no more Cripper Award by me, no more band logo art from me ......... sorry :beerhorns:
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:41 am

I loved both Nervosa show, I voted for them, and they were fucking awesome. But i think they should be remove from the contest for asking random people to vote for them.

This is unfair and stupid.

"What is the best discovery you did on the boat?"
    "Ill tell our fan that wasnt on the boat to vote for us"

Fuck off.
    For The Horde!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:15 am

Indeed, bands trying to get their fanbase to vote for them should be taken off the list. Well, to me basing which bands are "small" enough for the award only on last.fm listeners is not a good system. Nervosa's 160k+ facebook likes should've been reason enough to exclude them from this.

I have no idea how last.fm works; anyone care to explain it? :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:30 am

This is becoming ridiculous.

The only way the Cripper Award can survive and remain decent is to allow voting only to people who attended the cruise. And the only way to do this is if UMC gets involved and sends codes to passengers and manages the voting internally and not through the forum. Anything other than this is doomed to become a popularity contest in social networks, and that is annoying and stupid.

I know this award was supposed to be organized by fans and UMC wanted to stay away. Things that are happening this year prove that this system has no future.

My proposal: let anyone decide which bands should participate (e.g. forum users or whatever), and allow voting only to cruisers. The current system is dead.

Sorry, but I HATE popularity contests and "hey go there and vote for us!!!" messages in Facebook.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:34 am

Memnoch wrote:I have no idea how last.fm works; anyone care to explain it?

Last.fm is a website that has a system that can keep track of what you listen in your smartphone, PC media player, iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, etc if you allow it to do so. It collects all the data and shows it in the website in a facebook-like personal page. Here's mine, for instance: http://www.last.fm/user/Bodi10. This is why this is a reasonably good system to measure popularity of bands.
    Wishlist:

• ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:39 am

bodomdragon wrote:

Last.fm is a website that has a system that can keep track of what you listen in your smartphone, PC media player, iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, etc if you allow it to do so. It collects all the data and shows it in the website in a facebook-like personal page. Here's mine, for instance: http://www.last.fm/user/Bodi10. This is why this is a reasonably good system to measure popularity of bands.

I never used this website, and never will. I buy CDs and downloads mp3s, so I will never count
    For The Horde!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:42 am

ANTIKRISS wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

I never used this website, and never will. I buy CDs and downloads mp3s, so I will never count

If you play your CDs in your computer it can still track it, I don't see how the two things are connected.
    Wishlist:

Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:52 am

I think for the next year the cripper poll could be included in the feedback survey so that way is not too much extra work for UMC and there is actual control on who votes and eliminate any kind of exploits... This year though :?
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:42 am

Sidvarg wrote:I think for the next year the cripper poll could be included in the feedback survey so that way is not too much extra work for UMC and there is actual control on who votes and eliminate any kind of exploits... This year though :?

that's a good idea!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:13 am

So what do I get for sending all that information to some company like last.fm?
    Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:49 am

Memnoch wrote:So what do I get for sending all that information to some company like last.fm?

What do you get for sending your pictures to some company like facebook.com?
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:04 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:So what do I get for sending all that information to some company like last.fm?

That was an honest question; what benefit is there for a user to send their data to that service? So far no-one's said anything about that. Do they run it just so we get our Cripper nominees?
    As for your question, yes, I get to share my photos with my friends. I'm pretty sure no-one's ever sent me their playlists from last.fm. Maybe instead of silly comparisons you could give at least one good reason, if such exists, for installing some shady software on my pc. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:25 am

Memnoch wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

That was an honest question; what benefit is there for a user to send their data to that service? So far no-one's said anything about that. Do they run it just so we get our Cripper nominees?
    As for your question, yes, I get to share my photos with my friends. I'm pretty sure no-one's ever sent me their playlists from last.fm. Maybe instead of silly comparisons you could give at least one good reason, if such exists, for installing some shady software on my pc. :beerwink:

First, I like sharing what I listen with my friends.
    Second, I like seeing what my friends listen to.
    Third, and probably the most important one: I really enjoy seeing statistics about what I do listen, the bands, albums and songs I've listened to the most lately, and so on.

I guess everyone has his or her own reasons to share information on the internet, regardless of whether it comes in the shape of pictures, blog entries or musical statistics. I don't think my comparison was silly at all :)
    Wishlist:

Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:52 am

Like all social media it is all about marketing... That app shows what certain groups listen and like and so as you listen to something you're classified in certain groups and the sell that database for advertising so you get more direct ads and companies get a better reach with their ads. That's how Facebook operates... I don't see why last.fm would be different they must get something out of it, not only the noy of helping with playlist sharing between friends and selecting nominees
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:48 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

As others have said, its a social media platform. What you as a user gets out of it includes connecting with other people that like the same music you do, learning about new music as it recommends stuff based on what you listen to (eg "because you listen Magnum, you might like Thunder") etc
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:16 pm

I'd love to be able to see how many people on 0 posts voted in the poll and how much it skewed the results (I don't care who wins either way). I get that a few of them would be actual cruisers, but I'd guess 95%+ just did it because it was mentioned somewhere on social media.

Like has been said in the past, UMC sending voting codes to cruisers is the only way to keep the integrity of the vote alive, for future editions. Not like it would be all that hard to do, considering they have in the past.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:28 pm

klons wrote:I'd love to be able to see how many people on 0 posts voted in the poll and how much it skewed the results (I don't care who wins either way). I get that a few of them would be actual cruisers, but I'd guess 95%+ just did it because it was mentioned somewhere on social media.

Like has been said in the past, UMC sending voting codes to cruisers is the only way to keep the integrity of the vote alive, for future editions. Not like it would be all that hard to do, considering they have in the past.

They have said they want to keep this an unofficial community thing in the past. Them sending out a voting form from there database would increase there involvement.

That being said, Including it in the survey questions I think is a good idea. There is no additional work for them, at least to set it up and send it out, and they give users a bigger incentive to complete the survey if it is linked to voting on the Cripper award winner.
    Survivor

WishList
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:30 pm

klons wrote:I'd love to be able to see how many people on 0 posts voted in the poll and how much it skewed the results (I don't care who wins either way). I get that a few of them would be actual cruisers, but I'd guess 95%+ just did it because it was mentioned somewhere on social media.

*raises hand*

That said, I'm on my second cruise, the poll was just what pushed me to finally sign up for the forums. (Fun fact, though: I did not vote for Nervosa)

Could have sworn I posted and it got eaten, so if this shows up twice sorry about that.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Given the fact that Twilight Force are only 2 votes behind even after Nervosa sharing the post asking people to vote for them (as well as all the individual members of Nervosa doing the same) - pretty impressive!

And yeah - there are going to be genuine cruisers that have been motivated to sign up here because of the voting so you couldn't discard people that have just signed up, or people that have only posted once.

As mentioned the only fair way to do this in future would be send out the voting with the feedback survey, which is a great idea.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:23 pm

It could still be our event with a little help from UMC includi g it in the survey... We would still be responsible for selecting the candidates and the guys that are currently in charge could provide the list and then UMC gives the result to them and is an event completely our own... Also it would mean a lot more because i am sure more people fills the survey than the ones who vote here... Also if people is blind on the current result will give their hones choice right now for example most people goes either for Nervosa or Twilight force because are pretty much the only options now
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
  • malmrose42
    Wiper

by malmrose42 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:21 pm

klons wrote:I'd love to be able to see how many people on 0 posts voted in the poll

First time poster, second time cruiser. The Nervosa girls were so cool so I hope they don't get disqualified. I doubt they thought they were doing anything unusual. But my vote went to Painful. I actually happen to be wearing their t-shirt today. I had an awesome lunch of burgers and beer with them the day before the cruise. :beerbang:
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:45 pm

I phrased things all wrong, realized after posting but said fuck it.

I know some people would have made accounts just to have some say in the vote; but how many others have nothing at all to do with us and just fanboyed/girled to help a band out? Times like this I wish the votes were public like Facebook does and we could filter out the obvious ones so that we ended up with an accurate tally.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:30 am

Can't say how many of them have voted, but there's a lot of zero-post accounts registered on the 26th and onward:
    memberlist.php?g=7&mode=group&start=1600
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:16 am

not to say one way or the other ..... but there were a lot of people who were on facebook who weren't members of the forum before asking to join just to make their vote valid, because of the poll. So don't discredit them for that. I understand THE BANDS ZEALIOUS to ask them to vote ......... but many are cruisers joining the forum so they can vote.

keep in mind how many people were never on the forums who were on the cruise ...... were on facebook but not here :cheers: :givebeer: :beerhorns:
  • Robbyhart
    Wiper

by Robbyhart » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:48 am

Nervosa
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:59 am

Unless things change dramatically, I'd give the award to Twilight Force this year. Nervosa should be excluded because of the reasons already mentioned.

As for next year, as I suggested before I really think UMC should get involved. If only cruisers can fill the feedback survey - which makes perfect sense - it should be no different for the Cripper Award competition.
    Wishlist:

Post Reply 276 posts