Post Reply 130 posts
dit you booked your hotel
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: dit you booked your hotel

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:13 pm

klons wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:I know it is early but having never been to The Hollywood Beach version of the cruise ,any good picks for places to stay.I am doing the American experience ,much cheaper Fort Lauderdale Airport and Hollywood Beach.Figured I would bump this and read though it first.

Don't. All the pre-partying is back in South Beach next year.

Nothing at the Riptide or the Hollywood beach at all.I have not heard of any plans at all really.Not in the loop of events before cruise.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:27 pm

My partner and i made the call to most likely stay in Hollywood. One, because it's closer to port and we're only in a day early. Two, because I really miss the Taco Bar.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Apartment booked near the new hotels in SoBe.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:26 am

Phoenix wrote:My partner and i made the call to most likely stay in Hollywood. One, because it's closer to port and we're only in a day early. Two, because I really miss the Taco Bar.

Pretty much the same here. Booked for one night with a room I can cancel, if needed, at the Sheldon. Not sure if I'll stay there or what, but I happen to like Hollywood. Nice taco place, easier beach access than Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, and I'm not totally sold on partying down in Miami. Does anyone know which hotels they were booking down there, though? I forget and can't find it in my FB.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:00 am

sara wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:My partner and i made the call to most likely stay in Hollywood. One, because it's closer to port and we're only in a day early. Two, because I really miss the Taco Bar.

Pretty much the same here. Booked for one night with a room I can cancel, if needed, at the Sheldon. Not sure if I'll stay there or what, but I happen to like Hollywood. Nice taco place, easier beach access than Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, and I'm not totally sold on partying down in Miami. Does anyone know which hotels they were booking down there, though? I forget and can't find it in my FB.

Pre-parties are happening in Miami at the Clevelander Hotel and Essex Hotel. I think they were both completely booked up months ago but it might be worth a shot giving them a call directly to see if there are still rooms available. These are party hotels that usually cater to the 20 something EDM crowd from the looks of it. Should be awesome to see them completely taken over by metalheads. :D

We are flying into Miami airport two days early for the pre-parties, staying in Hollywood Beach for a couple days afterwards (need me some quesadillas and downtime) and then flying back home out of Fort Lauderdale airport.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:31 am

The Clevelander/Essex house?That is the last place I would have thought for pre-parties,It was close to the beach party location but other than that I am puzzled .Are they actually playing metal music and catering to the 70k crowd or did just a lot of people book there?And where is there any information on such things?Problably in the Fourm Feinds on Facebook,wish there was more active stuff here.Especially that Facebook is some kind of mind control experiment and is the "bad evil" not good evil such as Satan ,Heavy Metal or anything else I like.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:41 am

deathmetalpat wrote:The Clevelander/Essex house?That is the last place I would have thought for pre-parties,It was close to the beach party location but other than that I am puzzled .Are they actually playing metal music and catering to the 70k crowd or did just a lot of people book there?And where is there any information on such things?Problably in the Fourm Feinds on Facebook,wish there was more active stuff here.Especially that Facebook is some kind of mind control experiment and is the "bad evil" not good evil such as Satan ,Heavy Metal or anything else I like.

Dorothy is setting this up, same as previous years. Yes there should be metal playing and similar catering to our crowd as last years hotel. She does a great job of organizing the pre-party events.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:04 am

This is a copy/paste from the 70K Pre-Party group on FB and I highlighted some things:

$205 @ Clevelander Hotel (60 rooms) – the party spot with Pool + Patio bar, Rooftop Terrace bar, and sports bar on-site. Adults over 21 only.

$195 @ Essex House Hotel (70 rooms) – a quieter location just steps from all the action. All ages welcome!

Booking at either location includes:

Continental Breakfast every morning.
    Complimentary beach towels to use on property or at the beach.
    Complimentary bottled water in every room, every day.
    Happy Hour pricing for all Cruisers - $4, $5 & $6 Drinks all day, every day.
    All Hotel Guests receive 15% off Zen Sai Restaurant.
    Exclusive access to C Level Rooftop Terrace, SPF 4 (Sun Deck),
    Draft Kings Sports Bar and Pool & Patio Area
    Metal playing all day and night at C Level Rooftop Terrace bar
    Metal events Monday & Tuesday (karaoke and/or jam session – TBD)
    Pre-Cruise Party Wednesday at Pool Bar (after the Miami Beach Party)
    One Hour Complimentary Open Bar (Time TBD) Draft Beer & Wine

Transportation options from SoBe to Port Everglades on Thursday morning will be available. And if you don't want to stay at either hotel there are tons of other options on South Beach.

If you are not part of this closed group ask to join since the above room prices require a promo code (those in the know, please don't publish the code here on an open public forum ;) ) : https://www.facebook.com/groups/587724367974425/ (just in case the link doesn't work - search: 70,000 Tons of Pre-Parties)
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:24 am

Thanks ,well at least I know where some things are to check out .It does seem all rooms have sold out and I imagine the group code is used up also.The Facebook Feinds group didn't appear in my feed for quite a while but the other 70k group did.I had no idea there was a whole group "70k of pre-parties ,just saw that "events at pages"Didn't do much on Facebook in March,Apirl and May also so I missed all these things.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:38 am

We got a suite at The Congress, formerly the Strand, for a good rate. It's in the same block as the Clevelander.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:51 am

acidbasement wrote:We got a suite at The Congress, formerly the Strand, for a good rate. It's in the same block as the Clevelander.

Thanks for the info, guys!

The Congress was the one I was looking at for Miami. Glad to hear it's close. I'd be more inclined to do Miami if I knew more about the morning plans to get to Ft Lauderdale, but I know it's impossible to get details so early. I'll wait and see.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:39 am

The Congress should be nice. That was where I was going to book before I found my apartment on Booking.com. I know they have some rooms on AirBnB too.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:09 pm

sara wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:We got a suite at The Congress, formerly the Strand, for a good rate. It's in the same block as the Clevelander.

Thanks for the info, guys!

The Congress was the one I was looking at for Miami. Glad to hear it's close. I'd be more inclined to do Miami if I knew more about the morning plans to get to Ft Lauderdale, but I know it's impossible to get details so early. I'll wait and see.

There are lots of ways to get to the Port Evergades Terminal 25,if you are up for an adventure try this
    http://www.tri-rail.com/ .It costs like $3.25 to go from Miami airport to Fort Lauderdale Airport.Getting to the cruise terminal from the FLL airport is easy because there are shuttle buses and cabs.If you can get to the Miami Airport easy/cheap to start this ,the only factor is time,But it is always there,no traffic for the Tri-Rail part and can be cheap.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    tritonx
    Oiler

by tritonx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:16 pm

I'll be staying 2 days before and after with my parents at the Aztec RV park, it's 30 minutes from the port. It's very practical to have snowbird parents and I get to spend time with them, win/win. :viking:
    2015:8393 2016:2614 2017:8459
    2018:9513
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:59 pm

sara wrote:I'd be more inclined to do Miami if I knew more about the morning plans to get to Ft Lauderdale, but I know it's impossible to get details so early. I'll wait and see.

We are looking to organize big buses which will leave at staggered times. And I am sure that some folks will do either Uber/Lyft or get their own shuttles to Port Everglades. But no worries, the transportation issues was one of the first things we thought about before moving it all back to Miami. And yes, it's too early for details - probably November/December 'ish.
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:55 am

D.T. Metal wrote:
    sara wrote:I'd be more inclined to do Miami if I knew more about the morning plans to get to Ft Lauderdale, but I know it's impossible to get details so early. I'll wait and see.

We are looking to organize big buses which will leave at staggered times. And I am sure that some folks will do either Uber/Lyft or get their own shuttles to Port Everglades. But no worries, the transportation issues was one of the first things we thought about before moving it all back to Miami. And yes, it's too early for details - probably November/December 'ish.

You know I trust you guys, even if I am a worrywart! And I know you definitely wanted to get back to Miami and want to make it work for everyone, weren't you one of the ones loudly saying Miami is better? :P

I now have a free cancellation room in both locations, so I can just kinda hang out and slowly make up my mind for awhile.
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:51 am

sara wrote:weren't you one of the ones loudly saying Miami is better? :P

I now have a free cancellation room in both locations, so I can just kinda hang out and slowly make up my mind for awhile.

Loudly? Nope, that was probably Jaimee :lol:

I always stayed in Miami, regardless. The last 2 years we just went to FLL the night before the cruise. So for me personally it really didn't matter. But a lot of folks did want the BYOB beach party back and SoBe was always the best place to do that.

Matt, Dorothy and myself got together after the last cruise to find a solution and the Clevelander made us a very competitive offer. Cool beans about having two reservations which can be cancelled.

See you SOOOOOON :cheers:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:33 pm

Walkabout Beach Resort in Hollywood ,seems like a decent place near The Riptide if anybody goes there.I can get to Miami using public transport for fairly cheap (Tri-Rail) if I am in the mood.But might want just 3 days of beach and chilling out before cruise,so being an American ,Hollywood is just better.Plus flying Southwest air to FLL so so cheap and easy ,not an option for international travelers.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:07 pm

I'm booked with a few other people at Essex House. I might do another night or two in FLL or SoBe if I decide to fly in earlier than Tuesday.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:40 am

I booked 4 nights at the Clevelander before the cruise. As I wont to be able to do the ride with the bus (too high) to go to the port, I am hoping to go with Uber or a shuttle with the help of some of you, if you desire to share a car or a shuttle with me. I will see later with Dorothy or someone else :D

I booked 3 nights at the Ramada FLL Airport/Cruise Port after the cruise :cool:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    bleedingkyo
    Oiler

by bleedingkyo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:05 am

Last year I came down the day before, and I didn't feel like it was enough time to just chill, so this year I'm going to do at least 2 days before, I may even bump it to 3 closer to the date.

I booked the Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, Booking.com had a really good offer on it (like over 50% off) but the only thing is its not refundable, the cheapest rate anyway. Offer is still there as I post this if anyone is interested. It looks like its exactly 1 mile from the party spot, so walking distance (at least to me), possibly could even walk there via the beach. My only concern is reasonable transportation to the port, last year my hotel had a shuttle for the port (i stayed in FLL). So If anyone is staying in that hotel or next to it, I'd be interested in taxi/uber sharing. I'd be leaving relatively early though, like to try to beat the check in line a little bit.
    2016- Cabin 6223
    2017- Cabin 2313
    2018- Cabin 9272
    2019- Abandoned ship
    2020- Cabin 8604
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:54 pm

Any chatter on some meet ups for the pre cruise Fort Lauderdale people?I guess a few will go to the Riptide and the Hard Rock casino looks interesting.Maybe we will get lucky and get a concert in the area in the days before.The Clevelander is the last place in Miami I would have thought the pre cruise stuff would happen.Should be an interesting clash of cultures ,please take videos and pictures of these parties .Might still make it to the beach party but Hollywood Beach is better to relax before cruise.I agree one day isn't enough ,you might as well fly in the morning of cruise instead of just a day.2-3 days at least if you can.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    mike314
    Oiler

by mike314 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:25 am

We are staying at the Caribbean Resort. It's nearby riptide in Ft. Lauderdale on Hollywood Beach (like 5 buildings away). It's cheap, and you get your own kitchen, which will help my poor vegan girlfriend who doesn't get too many vegan options in most cities. But, I like the place. Like I said, it's cheap, clean, and not too far from anything fun.
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:43 pm

I'm also staying @ Caribbean Resort by the Ocean, Hollywood!! (post party)
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Glad I saw this thread and the pre-party info on facebook as I originally booked at an extended stay right next to the port, thinking it would be more convenient to just walk the half mile to embark. Would have been much less to get to / stumble back from the pre-party!

I'm staying at the Shelley Hotel before cruise (walk like 2 blocks to the pre-party, both hotels were fully booked by the time I decided to pull the trigger). I'm also staying at the Caribbean Resort post-cruise, stoked a number of other cruisers selected the same :)
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:49 pm

We're staying at the Clevelander for a couple of nights of pre-partying before the cruise.

After 70K is done we'll be staying a couple nights at Hollywood Beach Hostel for some R 'n' R. Hollywood Brewery is very close by and there is an amazing Mexican restaurant that is part of the Hostel/Hotel. Rooms are super cheap as well! It's a bit of a hike to get to the Riptide from there but nothing too major.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:56 pm

Hotel is being paid for by Marriott rewards points (yay, work travel!), so I'll be at whatever Marriott property is closest. We were at a Courtyard last year that was kind of a dump, but it's only for a couple nights so I don't much care.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Cologirl3510
    Wiper

by Cologirl3510 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:24 am

First year. We're staying at Hollywood Beach Suites.

Got cheap travelers insurance at AIG. I'd highly recommend it.

\m/ :metalguy:
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:51 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:We're staying at the Clevelander for a couple of nights of pre-partying before the cruise.

The Clevelander is such a weird name for a hotel. Nothing says luxury and opulence quite like Cleveland. I suppose its better than naming your hotel the Sandusky
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Kay Healy
    Oiler

by Kay Healy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:36 am

Staying in Hollywood again...way less money and only 10 mins from Boat!
    Survivor 2016- 9283

2017 Wish list: Pagans Mind, Wintersun, Blind Guardian, Nekrogoblikon, Serenity, Sonata Arctica, Battle Beast, Nightwish, Ayreon, Symphony X, Alestorm, Whispered, Devin Townsend, Dark Tranquility, Opeth and many more
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:12 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    Hoppy McGee wrote:We're staying at the Clevelander for a couple of nights of pre-partying before the cruise.

The Clevelander is such a weird name for a hotel. Nothing says luxury and opulence quite like Cleveland. I suppose its better than naming your hotel the Sandusky

"The Detroiter"
    "The Trentonian"

:lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:24 am

Well I hastily cancelled all our our hotels and flights a couple weeks ago but after giving it some thought I've decided that I'm still going to go to 70K solo. Haven't heard anything back about my cancellation at the Clevelander though....phoned them today and they can't find any record of my reservation ever existing. My credit card was charged back in March...but hasn't been refunded so I'm hoping the lady on the phone was just screwing up and that my reservation is still in the system. Otherwise I'm gonna have to find new accommodations somewhere nearby the pre-party. Anyone have any suggestions for decent hotels within walking distance of Clevelander/Essex?
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:16 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:Well I hastily cancelled all our our hotels and flights a couple weeks ago but after giving it some thought I've decided that I'm still going to go to 70K solo. Haven't heard anything back about my cancellation at the Clevelander though....phoned them today and they can't find any record of my reservation ever existing. My credit card was charged back in March...but hasn't been refunded so I'm hoping the lady on the phone was just screwing up and that my reservation is still in the system. Otherwise I'm gonna have to find new accommodations somewhere nearby the pre-party. Anyone have any suggestions for decent hotels within walking distance of Clevelander/Essex?

We booked at Chesterfield Hotel and Suites. Seemed like the best nearby option that still had rooms available.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:37 am

We're staying at the Best western Hollywood / Aventura - it looks pretty cool & after all it's only a base-station right?

My Fiancee & I have never been to Florida, so we're getting in on the 29th so we have a few days to see some sights / go to Miami & whatnot.

I expect by the 1st though we'll be seeking out black clothes wearing drunk mother haters to drink with though.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:32 am

Hey guys,
    First (and probably not last) time coming to the 70K, and I'm looking for a hotel close to Port Everglades that won't cost too much, since coming from Ireland already dug a lovely hole in my bank account. As I couldn't take too much days off, I'm arriving in FLL airport the afternoon before the cruise, and probably won't go to any party before as I'm usually wrecked after long plane trips.
    I read most posts in this topic, and from what I could see Motel 6 seems to be a good choice, not expensive and quite close to the port. Anyone been there already? Good enough for one night or is it a dump? Better suggestions? :beerwink:
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:36 pm

I'm going to the Red Carpet Inn : https://www.booking.com/hotel/us/red-ca ... hotel_name
    Not too far from both the port and the airport. Not to expensive to.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:08 pm

Excellent, a bit cheaper than Motel 6 and looks even better, just booked my room.
    Thanks a lot, I owe you a beer now!
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:10 am

TPH wrote:Excellent, a bit cheaper than Motel 6 and looks even better, just booked my room.
    Thanks a lot, I owe you a beer now!

Awesome, we were thinking about using maybe the bus to get to the port, but if we're a couple of ppl at the same place, we could share a cab drive too.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:23 am

I'm in for the cab, as the inn is close to the port it won't cost a lot if we share, and it's always better than the bus.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:35 am

TPH wrote:I'm in for the cab, as the inn is close to the port it won't cost a lot if we share, and it's always better than the bus.

I actually just found out something even better, the hotel offer free shuttle to the port :).
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted