Locked 64 posts
70K Forum Meet'n'Greet Onbroad, 2017 edition
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

70K Forum Meet'n'Greet Onbroad, 2017 edition

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

So, after some discussion over on Facebook, let's do this again this year!

What: the completely unofficial 70K Forum (and Forum Fiends FB Group) meet'n'greet. A chance to put names to faces and smiles on faces. It's time to celebrate: After all, we'll know by then that we've successfully boarded the ship, didn't miss the boat and are about to become part of the best metal cruise in the world! :headbanger:

When: starting at around 3:30 pm after embarkation (Feb. 2nd) and lasting up to Muster Drill, then afterward for those who don't have to rush off to see their must-see bands playing during the first time-slot.
    This is just about the only time we'd have a chance to gather, because once the stages start up their schedules, it gets....busy. This also allows time before 3:30 to get settled, explore the ship, start drinking, etc.

Where: Sports Deck near the basketball court (Deck 13 aft), same as last year for those who were there. Apropos of nothing....the Wipeout Bar is nearby. :cheers:

If the weather is really rainy or stormy -- not likely, but it is possible -- we can move to an indoor bar, maybe the Schooner Bar, On-Air Club or Boleros.

Also: our own acidbasement may be able to print up some color meet'n'greet stickers for us again this year. I was stopped a couple of times later by people who wanted a photo of it. Here's the artwork.... :mrgreen:

If you've ever wanted to see a Statsman or a wookie in their natural habitats, this is your chance.
    Let's do this! :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 70K Forum Meet'n'Greet Onbroad, 2017 edition

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:42 am

The sticker is just too good. I wore it during the first day last year but didn't help much. Let's see how it works out this time!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:11 am

Something I never figured out in 2015, how does one get to the 13th floor?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:22 am

Phoenix wrote:Something I never figured out in 2015, how does one get to the 13th floor?

The 13th floor is only in the back of the boat, so I would think the elevators near the Windjammer go up there, no? I actually never explored above the 12th floor last year. That will be the first thing I do when I get on the boat this year, lol.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:25 am

Phoenix wrote:Something I never figured out in 2015, how does one get to the 13th floor?

The rear elevators on the port side are the only ones that goes to the sports deck and Viking Crown lounge. Or just go up the stairs from deck 12.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:43 am

I only went up there once to explore before we disembarked. Looking at it now, I can't even remember how to find it haha.
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    MetalDays - 2014
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:50 am

Take the elevators closest to the x6xx cabins if you are on deck 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10, Boleros on deck 4, Champagne Bar on deck 5, or Chops Grille on deck 11.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:15 am

Speedy wrote:Take the elevators closest to the x6xx cabins if you are on deck 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10, Boleros on deck 4, Champagne Bar on deck 5, or Chops Grille on deck 11.

Perfect. That should be pretty easy once I get my bearings. I intend to get in line pretty early, so I can head there after I have a nice lunch.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:30 am

Looking for the 13th Deck is so going to be https://youtu.be/QiEglUjqWj0
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:44 am

I'll try to be there, but being my first time. I might forget by being overwhelmed or not find the place hahaha.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:14 am

Don't listen to them, Phoenix! The 13th floor doesn't exist!! It leads you into a vortex you will never escape from! I said too much
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 am

Masterbas wrote:I'll try to be there, but being my first time. I might forget by being overwhelmed or not find the place hahaha.

HAHAHA
    Don't worry, last year I found the place by chance as soon as I got on board, it's not so hard to find it.

(don't listen to me, it is impossible to find it if you are actually looking for it)
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2023 survivor

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:26 am

Pellaz wrote:Also: our own acidbasement may be able to print up some color meet'n'greet stickers for us again this year. I was stopped a couple of times later by people who wanted a photo of it. Here's the artwork.... :mrgreen:

This sticker is so cool, I should print a flag or a tshirt with this image :D

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:44 am

I designed the image, but I think it was Speedy who printed up all the stickers.

I'm afraid to try crossing the border with a bunch of "Hail Satan" paraphernalia - never know when you're going to get a Nazi border guard, especially in North Dakota. Maybe a US citizen wants to take care of the sticker printing?
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:52 am

Sweet! Forum party!

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:01 am

acidbasement wrote:I designed the image, but I think it was Speedy who printed up all the stickers.

I'm afraid to try crossing the border with a bunch of "Hail Satan" paraphernalia - never know when you're going to get a Nazi border guard, especially in North Dakota. Maybe a US citizen wants to take care of the sticker printing?

My cousin owns a print shop. I have a text out to him to find out if he can do stickers. :beerwink:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:20 am

The sticker is just fantastic, but may I suggest an increased space for writing the name? Last year I found it to be pretty small.

I will come back with a proposal.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:33 am

My cousin's shop doesn't but he referred me to someone nearby who can. So I'll be happy to see if I can get them, PM me and we'll see how to send me the design.
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:44 am

This is what I suggested:

Wishlist:

Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:53 am

I was able to save it to my desktop. I'll put it on a flash drive and see if I can take it to the print shop next week. How many should we make?
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:12 pm

Pm me your email address and I'll send you the PowerPoint file so that you can tweak as needed.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Sticker is awesome but isn't an exclamation mark needed as in HAIL SATAN!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:43 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Don't listen to them, Phoenix! The 13th floor doesn't exist!! It leads you into a vortex you will never escape from! I said too much

Didn't they make a movie about that ? The Thirteenth Floor http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139809/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:45 pm

What you all don't know is that I work on the Thirteenth Floor of my office building so I am immune to its powers :twisted:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Phoenix wrote:What you all don't know is that I work on the Thirteenth Floor of my office building so I am immune to its powers :twisted:

There is no 13th floor in my office building. I guess they were a bit superstitious back when they numerated the floors.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:15 pm

I'm really liking that revised design, Bodomdragon -- last year I wanted to put both names on the badge, Forum username and real (Facebook) name, and it was kinda cramped.

Thanks, y'all, for stepping up to make these stickers -- there is no way I could make them at my work, where our color printers are well beyond mere mortals' (like me) ability to access. (And if I was seen with the finished product, some of my co-workers would take offense.)

As for numbers, I'd say twenty stickers would be too low based on response here and on FB.
    Thirty would be better and forty might be.....wait for it.....overkill. :headbanger:

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Don't listen to them, Phoenix! The 13th floor doesn't exist!! It leads you into a vortex you will never escape from! I said too much

As soon as I typed that I thought "Yeah, 13th Floor. People won't even believe this exists. It's like going into the 'Beyond' section at a Bed, Bath & Beyond store." :lol:

But seriously, it does exist. If you haven't ever found it, it's worth a look just for the Flowrider when it's running. This year I am resolved to try it at least once. Maybe during our port-stop since there would be fewer witnesses to my inevitable failure and embarassment. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:03 pm

Flow rider was a blast
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:56 pm

You need to know how to get there. Last year i took a look before setting sail. I forgot about it from then on.

Oh and i like Flo Rida as well.... No not really. I dont know who that is other than some rapper that performed at a wrestlemania
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:26 am

Someone find me a give me a sticker please :beerwink:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:32 am

Speedy wrote:

just go up the stairs from deck 12.

No.

Way.

As for the meet up, - sure, why not !! :heavydrink:
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:35 pm

AceHugger wrote:
    Speedy wrote:

just go up the stairs from deck 12.

No.

Way.

As for the meet up, - sure, why not !! :heavydrink:

Yeah, sounds easy but you have to pick the right set of stairs. :beerwink: I'm glad the sports deck seems rather hidden. Fewer people can witness how bad I am at mini golf. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:34 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Yeah, sounds easy but you have to pick the right set of stairs. :beerwink: I'm glad the sports deck seems rather hidden. Fewer people can witness how bad I am at mini golf. :lol:

Or me -- presumably -- on the Flo'Rida. Uh, not the rapper, that wave thingie at the back of the ship. :lol:

I'm seriously gonna try it this year!
    ....Ahh, who am I kidding? There won't be TIME! :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Stickers have been ordered! I'll also bring safety pins for anyone who wants it to be more than a one time wear ;)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Daenerys wrote:Stickers have been ordered! I'll also bring safety pins for anyone who wants it to be more than a one time wear ;)

Awesome, and that's a great idea. They proved to be popular the rest of Day 1 last year with people asking for a photo.
    Briefly I thought "whoo hoo, they want a photo of ME?" but then realized the hard, crushing truth. It was the sticker. :lol:

I wish I knew what band the one photo-taker was from...I never heard about that photo being posted on anyone's site.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:51 am

Daenerys wrote:Stickers have been ordered!

Cool :cheers: Then I don't have to raid the supply cabinet at work.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:57 am

I will be there :beerbang:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:07 am

Hey, I guess we'll need permanent markers to write our names on the stickers, right? I have a couple here (hopefully I wont forget to pack them...)

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:08 am

MonicaMM wrote:Hey, I guess we'll need permanent markers to write our names on the stickers, right? I have a couple here (hopefully I wont forget to pack them...)

Yeah, it's good to bring markers or highlighters. Need to plan out what bands you're going to see!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:20 pm

MonicaMM wrote:Hey, I guess we'll need permanent markers to write our names on the stickers, right? I have a couple here (hopefully I wont forget to pack them...)

I include Sharpies and highlighters as part of my cruise packing list. Sharpies are also handy for getting autographs. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:42 am

Pellaz wrote:I include Sharpies and highlighters as part of my cruise packing list. Sharpies are also handy for getting autographs. :headbanger:

I *always* forget to take mine... not this time, all my stuff is already packed - including 2 markers! :D

Locked 64 posts