Post Reply 117 posts
2017 Set Length Speculation
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2017 Set Length Speculation

by General Zod » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:28 am

I'll be curious to see if you're right about Moonsorrow and Grave Digger. Moonsorrow have three times as many Facebook likes as Grave Digger.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:33 am

Grave Digger is an "old man" band so no surprise on the facebook likes. I love Grave Digger and I probably don't "like" them on FB come to think of it. In a typical city in the US or Canada Moonsorrow would sell more tickets than Grave Digger would, however 70000 tons isn't your typical fan. So who knows?
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:12 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:In a typical city in the US or Canada Moonsorrow would sell more tickets than Grave Digger would, however 70000 tons isn't your typical fan. So who knows?

My thoughts exactly. I saw Grave Digger open for Bling Guardian. Suffice it to say, not my cup of tea.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:14 pm

General Zod wrote:
    metalmaciejmetal wrote:In a typical city in the US or Canada Moonsorrow would sell more tickets than Grave Digger would, however 70000 tons isn't your typical fan. So who knows?

My thoughts exactly. I saw Grave Digger open for Bling Guardian. Suffice it to say, not my cup of tea.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:32 pm

General Zod wrote:My thoughts exactly. I saw Grave Digger open for Bling Guardian. Suffice it to say, not my cup of tea.

To each his own. I cant get enough of Grave Digger. Such a great band. I saw them with blind guardian twice; on both legs of the tour. I had to drive about 2.5 hours on a monday to see them last year. I was speeding down the highway like a maniac because i could miss Grave Digger
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:00 pm

So that is a 60 or 75 minute setter gone in Gojira, and another guaranteed 60 minute setter in Nile gone.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So that is a 60 or 75 minute setter gone in Gojira, and another guaranteed 60 minute setter in Nile gone.

If he can't find another headliner to book, I wonder who they will pick from the 60-minute bands to be an ad hoc headliner. Amon Amarth were heavily rumored to play last year but Iced Earth were chosen to headline instead when AA couldn't make it. Maybe there's a band out there that owes him a favor.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:14 pm

I stand by Kamelot as the best bet for making the jump to a headliner, barring the mythical AA announcement.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:41 pm

Danny24601 wrote:I stand by Kamelot as the best bet for making the jump to a headliner, barring the mythical AA announcement.

I agree. With the prospect of Alissa and Elize joining them.... maybe even Fabio!....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm thinking it's probably Devildriver but Arch Enemy and Kamelot also seem reasonable.
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 am

Based off the stats DevilDriver and Arch Enemy seem possible, but Arch Enemy played a 60 min in 2015 and haven't released a new record since, so it would be hard to justify how they would get the 75 min set without implying that this year's lineup is weaker than 2015, and thus implying that the cruise's booking potential is going downhill. Even minus Nile and Gojira I still think this year is stronger, but UMC won't want to send that message. DevilDriver has good looking stats, but they don't seem to be super popular with cruisers, and they play smaller venues in Calgary at least then Kamelot does. I guess we'll find out in a week though, this could just be wishful thinking because I want to see two and a half hours of Kamelot!
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:39 am

I'll also put myself in the Kamelot headliner camp. The value of having guest vocalists could make their sets VERY worthy of that title.

What length has Carcass played in the past? Can we expect them to be a 60 minute band?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:40 am

Yeah, I agree Kamelot looks likely for the third headliner unless Andy had something BIG waiting for announcement #60. Works for me!

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:14 am

Andy could do this: Have only have two 75 minute sets. Take the extra 15 minutes from the expected third 75 minute set give it to one of the 45 minute slots. You have now created a new 60 minute slot.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:23 am

Danny24601 wrote:Based off the stats DevilDriver and Arch Enemy seem possible, but Arch Enemy played a 60 min in 2015 and haven't released a new record since, so it would be hard to justify how they would get the 75 min set without implying that this year's lineup is weaker than 2015

We've seen that before in Iced Earth (played 60 minute sets in 2011 and 75 minute sets in 2016), Fear Factory (60 minutes in 2011 and 75 minutes in 2014), Rage (60 minutes in 2011 and 75 minutes in 2013), and several others.
    2025:

Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:49 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    Danny24601 wrote:Based off the stats DevilDriver and Arch Enemy seem possible, but Arch Enemy played a 60 min in 2015 and haven't released a new record since, so it would be hard to justify how they would get the 75 min set without implying that this year's lineup is weaker than 2015

We've seen that before in Iced Earth (played 60 minute sets in 2011 and 75 minute sets in 2016), Fear Factory (60 minutes in 2011 and 75 minutes in 2014), Rage (60 minutes in 2011 and 75 minutes in 2013), and several others.

It is absolutely possible! My point was more specifically that it had only been two years since Arch Enemy's last 60 min set, making it difficult to argue that they had "come up in the world" in between, but it looks like Rage would fit that timing as well unless something really big happened for them during those two years (and a quick glance at their Wikipedia suggests that is not the case).
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:02 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Andy could do this: Have only have two 75 minute sets. Take the extra 15 minutes from the expected third 75 minute set give it to one of the 45 minute slots. You have now created a new 60 minute slot.

I nominate Moonsorrow.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:18 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Andy could do this: Have only have two 75 minute sets. Take the extra 15 minutes from the expected third 75 minute set give it to one of the 45 minute slots. You have now created a new 60 minute slot.

I nominate Moonsorrow.

Given that they could only fit three songs in a 45 min set, I second this.
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:23 pm

I feel awful for the people who were excited about Gojira - it seems like there were some who booked primarily because of them - but if it means an extra half hour of Kamelot I can't pretend not to be excited.

On the other hand, I would say Arch Enemy is probably the biggest remaining name. I mean, they headlined Wacken. They're big enough to headline 70k.

I don't think Kamelot has ever headlined a major festival. DevilDriver is popular but not with the cruisers - no way they get 75 minutes.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:36 pm

Danny24601 wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:

It is absolutely possible! My point was more specifically that it had only been two years since Arch Enemy's last 60 min set, making it difficult to argue that they had "come up in the world" in between, but it looks like Rage would fit that timing as well unless something really big happened for them during those two years (and a quick glance at their Wikipedia suggests that is not the case).

It's not so much that they've come up in the world. Lots of people love them because they play an excellent live show and they've built up a substantial international following. Not only that, but Andy is in deep shit so it's possible they will get upgraded
    2025:

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:50 am

Wake up guys, we still have to slot in up to 4 more bands (CARCASS, CRYPTOPSY, ALLEGAEON, and possibly OVERKILL).
    I'm thinking the 3rd headliner is either ARCH ENEMY or DEVILDRIVER, CARCASS and OVERKILL 60mn, not sure about CRYPTOPSY and ALLEGAEON.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:01 am

Removed Gojira and Nile.

Cryptopsy and Allegaeon will be 45 minutes. Carcass 60.

I'm calling Arch Enemy as third headliner.

Overkill if/when added will be 60 too.

75 MINUTES
    Anthrax
    Arch Enemy
    Testament

60 MINUTES
    Orphaned Land
    Suffocation
    Kamelot
    Amorphis
    Therion
    Annihilator
    Grave Digger
    Nile
    Haggard
    Devildriver
    Uli Jon Roth
    Amaranthe
    Marduk
    Death Angel (they got 60 minutes in 2011 but one 45min and one 60min in 2014)
    Angra
    Carcass

45 MINUTES
    Equilibrium
    Kalmah
    Stuck Mojo
    Powerglove
    Dying Fetus
    Cruachan
    Omnium Gatherum
    Draconian
    Saltatio Mortis
    Xandria
    Revocation
    Stam1na
    Moonsorrow
    Unleashed
    Serenity
    Orden Ogan
    Demolition Hammer
    Vreid
    Pain
    Grave
    Psycroptic
    Misery Loves Co
    Cattle Decapitation
    Nightmare
    Scar Symmetry
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Mors Principium Est
    Axxis
    Trauma
    Trollfest
    Edenbridge
    Manegarm
    Einherjer
    Cryptex
    Total Death
    Touch The Sun
    Dalriada
    Witchtrap
    Striker
    Allegaeon
    Cryptopsy
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:01 pm

You left Nile, so that's only 15 60mn bands, and 42 45mn bands. We need to promote 2 bands to 60mn.
    I'm guessing Pain (339K listeners) and Xandria (287K).

Top 20:
    Anthrax 827,197
    Arch Enemy 617,075
    Testament 504,700
    DevilDriver 493,654
    Kamelot 417,675
    Amorphis 407,946
    Therion 368,372
    Pain 339,071
    Annihilator 288,563
    Xandria 287,922
    Carcass 285,185
    Angra 262,179
    Overkill 253,614
    Kalmah 230,345
    Scar Symmetry 204,355
    Haggard 201,206
    Grave Digger 196,320
    Edenbridge 186,960
    Draconian 180,697
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Arch Enemy seems a good guess. Maybe Kamelot also? Everything else seems not big enough.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Took out Nile, replaced with Overkill.

Agree with promoting Pain and Xandria to 60 minute sets.

75 MINUTES
    Anthrax
    Arch Enemy
    Testament

60 MINUTES
    Orphaned Land
    Suffocation
    Kamelot
    Amorphis
    Therion
    Annihilator
    Grave Digger
    Overkill
    Haggard
    Devildriver
    Uli Jon Roth
    Amaranthe
    Marduk
    Death Angel (they got 60 minutes in 2011 but one 45min and one 60min in 2014)
    Angra
    Carcass
    Pain
    Xandria

45 MINUTES
    Equilibrium
    Kalmah
    Stuck Mojo
    Powerglove
    Dying Fetus
    Cruachan
    Omnium Gatherum
    Draconian
    Saltatio Mortis
    Revocation
    Stam1na
    Moonsorrow
    Unleashed
    Serenity
    Orden Ogan
    Demolition Hammer
    Vreid
    Grave
    Psycroptic
    Misery Loves Co
    Cattle Decapitation
    Nightmare
    Scar Symmetry
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Mors Principium Est
    Axxis
    Trauma
    Trollfest
    Edenbridge
    Manegarm
    Einherjer
    Cryptex
    Total Death
    Touch The Sun
    Dalriada
    Witchtrap
    Striker
    Allegaeon
    Cryptopsy
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Godflesh wrote:You left Nile, so that's only 15 60mn bands, and 42 45mn bands. We need to promote 2 bands to 60mn.
    I'm guessing Pain (339K listeners) and Xandria (287K).

Top 20:
    Anthrax 827,197
    Arch Enemy 617,075
    Testament 504,700
    DevilDriver 493,654
    Kamelot 417,675
    Amorphis 407,946
    Therion 368,372
    Pain 339,071
    Annihilator 288,563
    Xandria 287,922
    Carcass 285,185
    Angra 262,179
    Overkill 253,614
    Kalmah 230,345
    Scar Symmetry 204,355
    Haggard 201,206
    Grave Digger 196,320
    Edenbridge 186,960
    Draconian 180,697

Its interesting to note that on last.fm figures, the 2017 lineup doesn't have as many "big" bands as 2016

2016 - 13 bands with over 300,000 listeners:
    Epica, Dragonforce, Hammerfall, Iced Earth, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Lacuna Coil, Katatonia, Stratovarius, Moonspell, Gamma Ray, Paradise Lost, Eluveitie.

This year, only 8 (would have been 9 with Gojira).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:08 pm

Danny24601 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

I nominate Moonsorrow.

Given that they could only fit three songs in a 45 min set, I second this.

That is why I think Moonsorrow needs a hour myself.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:28 pm

Kamelot gets 75 minutes and Testament gets 60. Who would've thought...?
    2025:

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Wow, there are only 32 shows above 45mn.
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:02 pm

its kinda hilarious that we were all back and forth about Arch Enemy vs. Kamelot, then they both turned out to both be headliners over Testament. Skipper works in mysterious ways. 2.5 hours of Kamelot!!!!!!!!!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:20 pm

Actual numbers:

75 MINUTES
    Anthrax
    Arch Enemy
    Kamelot (guessed 60)

60 MINUTES
    Testament (guessed 75)
    Amorphis
    Therion
    Annihilator
    Grave Digger
    Overkill
    Haggard
    Devildriver
    Uli Jon Roth
    Angra
    Carcass
    Kalmah (guessed 45)
    Unleashed (guessed 45)

45 MINUTES
    Orphaned Land (guessed 60)
    Suffocation (guessed 60)
    Pain (guessed 60)
    Xandria (guessed 60)
    Amaranthe (guessed 60)
    Marduk (guessed 60)
    Death Angel (guessed 60)
    Equilibrium
    Stuck Mojo
    Powerglove
    Dying Fetus
    Cruachan
    Omnium Gatherum
    Draconian
    Saltatio Mortis
    Revocation
    Stam1na
    Moonsorrow
    Serenity
    Orden Ogan
    Demolition Hammer
    Vreid
    Grave
    Psycroptic
    Misery Loves Co
    Cattle Decapitation
    Nightmare
    Scar Symmetry
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Mors Principium Est
    Axxis
    Trauma
    Trollfest
    Edenbridge
    Manegarm
    Einherjer
    Cryptex
    Total Death
    Touch The Sun
    Dalriada
    Witchtrap
    Striker
    Allegaeon
    Cryptopsy
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:50 am

Your batting average was pretty good there, Statsman
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:58 pm

75 minutes of Kamelot is fine by me!
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:03 pm

Danny24601 wrote:its kinda hilarious that we were all back and forth about Arch Enemy vs. Kamelot, then they both turned out to both be headliners over Testament. Skipper works in mysterious ways. 2.5 hours of Kamelot!!!!!!!!!

I expressed skepticism that Testament would be a headliner months ago, but everyone seemed convinced. The logic of "they got 75 minutes last time" didn't really work for me since there were 90 minute slots back then, nor did it make sense, especially with such a thrash-heavy lineup, to devote 2/3 headliner spots to thrash bands. Indeed, we got three totally different subgenres.

I'm not trying to gloat or anything here, though I do feel a bit vindicated. I'm just saying this really isn't that out of left field. Whether Gojira was slated to be a headliner and one of the others took their place is debatable (and I'd point out that Kamelot's "billing" may also be compensation for the 2014 fiasco), but the way Testament was treated as a lock was puzzling to me.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:36 pm

mooyagi wrote:75 minutes of Kamelot is fine by me!

Before they were given 75 minutes, we had Kamelittle! :beerwink:
    2025:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:22 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:75 minutes of Kamelot is fine by me!

Before they were given 75 minutes, we had Kamelittle! :beerwink:

Hiyoooooo!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:38 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Your batting average was pretty good there, Statsman

Didn't do too badly :)

The fact that we got 61 bands in the end meant we got a few less 60 minutes bands than I anticipated :)

Bummed that Orphaned Land and Amaranthe only get 45 minutes, but very happy that we get a KameLOT :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 117 posts