Post Reply 43 posts
Energy substances?
    SavaRon
    Crewman

Re: Energy substances?

by SavaRon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:58 pm

snibbling wrote:
    SavaRon wrote:What we did on the 2015 cruise was bring a duffle bag and put a case of water and a case of red bull in it. Checked it in no problem. Then used the duffle bag for dirty clothes. Worked out great. We will do the same this year

I know red bull is bad for you, but this is an unusual situation. I don't drink it much at all otherwise.

Are we allowed to bring water/canned soda with us onboard? Or were you lucky with getting it through?

Technically you are not supposed to bring this stuff on, but it's hardly ever enforced from what I've read online. In 2015 we didn't even check our bags, we carried them on. Security went through the bag, shook a few water bottles to make sure it wasn't alcohol and then let us carry it on. No questions. Not sure if they will allow soda or not, but Red Bull wasn't an issue.
  • snibbling
    Wiper

by snibbling » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks SavaRon

Any experience with bringing snacks on-board for storage in your cabin? cookies, chips? Seem's like UMC rule's are a bit different than Royal Caribbean rules?
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Last year, my friend brought caffeine pills. They were a generic version of No-Doz he got at Target, I think. They worked great for a pickup at that 1-2am point when I would inevitably start to drag.

Since I typically get up for work at 5am, these overnighters are tough to get through without a little help.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor