Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1
Recording Devices
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

Recording Devices

by Castroh » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:17 am

As some of you know, I enjoy filming a song or two of each show and sharing it on youtube with the 70K survivors and those less fortunate who can only live vicariously through us ;). Lately, my camera has been crapping out on me and I was wondering if anyone has suggestions of a good camera that records high quality video and concert sound without being too big to carry around? They no longer sell my outdated Nikon, lol.

Also, if you'd like to check out my channel, I've been getting some decent footage since the 2012 cruise. https://www.youtube.com/user/strohca
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Recording Devices

by acidbasement » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:29 am

I've been lusting after the Zoom Q2N for concert recordings.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:30 pm

It would be cool if somebody brought a 360 camera rig. I've seen 1 vid so far from last year.

https://youtu.be/qS2k0uEO9Es

Then we could all hunt for ourselves in the crowd, haha!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:59 pm

acidbasement wrote:I've been lusting after the Zoom Q2N for concert recordings.

I was doing a lot of research and this looks like a great option for local shows. The biggest downside is the battery life, I don't know how I can capture all the videos I'd like on the cruise with a 40 minute battery life. Thanks for the recommendation though!
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:28 pm

That's why you need to buy more batteries. Also carrying your charging cable and a pocket charger works too.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:35 pm

Where do you see 40 minute battery life? Zoom says it'll do up to 2h.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1