Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

Re: Shaken, Not Stirred

by slayergeek » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:30 pm

It's alive again!

I'm sure there is some nightmare behind the scene story on this one. Thanks for getting it back up!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:20 pm

slayergeek wrote:It's alive again!

Thanks for getting it back up!

That's what she said!
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:05 am

70 days, betches!
    :viking:
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Internal Bleeding is awful. Shitty addition.

Don't worry, there are over 22 bars and lounges onbroad to help you soothe the pain...

"..Bars that are open 24 hours! Yes, that's right, sailors, bars that NEVER close!"

(Except when they do. :lol: )

Meh, the regular ship bars seem to close, but that really only limits your girlie drink schedule. :P

It really is nice that you can get beers and shots 24/7.

I think maybe 70k blew up their SQL on Bluehost. That's my poorly educated guest. It's a pretty basic host, and the site was still available, just not with (it looked like) their WordPress running. Fun times for their webmaster, lmao.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Godflesh wrote:Sing us some AC/DC, a'right mate?

As a tribute to Malcolm sure :)

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, WEEEE SALUTE YOU!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

70 Days Until Sailing!

by Andy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Sailors!

In exactly 70 DAYS you will be onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2018!

Round 8 of The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will sail from Florida to Grand Turk onbroad the Independence of the Seas, leaving from Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale near Miami, FL on Thursday, February 1st 2018 and returning on Monday, February 5th.

Only on 70000TONS OF METAL can you get unrestricted festival access to all 120+ live performances, including the Jamming with Waters in International Waters All-Star Jam, signing sessions, intimate Artist Clinics, exclusive album premiere listening sessions and the chance to explore Caribbean dream destinations with your favorite bands.

70 DAYS until 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, Round 8 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:44 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:Sing us some AC/DC, a'right mate?

As a tribute to Malcolm sure :)

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, WEEEE SALUTE YOU!

I obviously didn't know about Malcolm when I posted this, so sad. AC/DC is what introduced me to metal at the ripe age of 13.

I think we've already had the best possible tribute to AC/DC this year with the Death Angel singer's awesome impromptu start of Hell's Bells, followed by Riff Raff.
    But I'm expecting more tribute next year - I vote for "Go down".

The singer for Michael Schenker Group said on 70K that the great unifier in metal genres was Dio, but I think AC/DC might have been an even bigger unifier.

Salute.
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 70 Days Until Sailing!

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:46 am

AC / DC are such an iconic band. I was absolutely on the verge of tears when I read about Malcolm's death.

Having lost my own mother to dementia 2 years ago (in November too) it really hit me hard :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:46 am

sara wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:Don't worry, there are over 22 bars and lounges onbroad to help you soothe the pain...

"..Bars that are open 24 hours! Yes, that's right, sailors, bars that NEVER close!"

(Except when they do. :lol: )

Meh, the regular ship bars seem to close, but that really only limits your girlie drink schedule. :P
    It really is nice that you can get beers and shots 24/7.

Yeah, that'd be me. I dislike the taste of alcohol so on the rare occasions when I drink,* it's usually daiquiris. :twisted:

Which bars are "open 24 hours"? Does the Brit-pub on the Promenade stay open?

I think maybe 70k blew up their SQL on Bluehost. That's my poorly educated guest. It's a pretty basic host, and the site was still available, just not with (it looked like) their WordPress running. Fun times for their webmaster, lmao.

I'm not gonna say I was going through Forum withdrawal, but.....well, yeah, I kinda was. :lol:

----
    * like, on my "regular" cruise with the "unlimited" alcohol package.....
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Andy wrote:Sailors!

Might be time to start looking at flights and hotels. Bye bye money.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:16 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Andy wrote:Sailors!

Might be time to start looking at flights and hotels. Bye bye money.

At least, you know it'll all be worth it in the end. :cheers:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Where’s our band update?! :evil:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:14 am

Bolt_Thrower wrote:Where’s our band update?! :evil:

that's it poke the bear - that always works :lol: :lol: :lol: :givebeer: :cheers: :beerhorns: we want some more band announcements damn it ..... :shock: :roll: :?
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:27 am

I find this lack of thrash disturbing (although this year was admittedly thrash paradise).
    Even more sad learning that Power Trip and Iron Reagan are out.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:42 am

Power Trip? The band that's touring with Cannibal Corpse in the U.S. now? Missed them (intentionally) in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:51 am

Memnoch wrote:Power Trip? The band that's touring with Cannibal Corpse in the U.S. now? Missed them (intentionally) in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago. :beerwink:

Quoting someone else who's seen this tour:
    I haven’t noticed anyone mentioning Power Trip. Awful name but such a great thrash band doing some interesting things to take it to new places.

I finally got to see them opening for Cannibal Corpse (BORing) a few weeks ago, and they delivered! Recommended for anyone who likes the thrassssh.
    Last edited by Godflesh on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:53 am

But what are you doing trolling here Memnoch, you're out next year anyway :twisted:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:01 am

Even I wouldn't count myself out until the ship, literally and figuratively, has sailed. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:17 am

Pellaz wrote:Yeah, that'd be me. I dislike the taste of alcohol so on the rare occasions when I drink,* it's usually daiquiris. :twisted:

Hahaha, girly drinks are great, though. I'll give you that. I only drink them on my cruise vacations, which for me is only 70k. My go-to is a pina colada, but sometimes I'll get a mojito (usually a disappointment) or a margarita.

It's something like 59 days until the day drinking commences for me. Can't wait. I barely drink all year and then live on a constant buzz for one week every winter. :cheers:
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:25 am

sara wrote:It's something like 59 days until the day drinking commences for me. Can't wait. I barely drink all year and then live on a constant buzz for one week every winter. :cheers:

I'm not alone in this then! Adrenaline from shows makes it hard for me to get drunk, but this is the only week of the year I go hard anymore.

I do love their mojitos, but their long island iced teas are the most efficient to get me tipsy. I'm forever disappointed that no one in the States knows what a fucking Caesar is though.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

Phoenix wrote:I'm forever disappointed that no one in the States knows what a fucking Caesar is though.

I know! Who wants to drink a Bloody Mary when it doesn't have clams in it? Not me.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:40 am

acidbasement wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:I'm forever disappointed that no one in the States knows what a fucking Caesar is though.

I know! Who wants to drink a Bloody Mary when it doesn't have clams in it? Not me.

My first year on broad, I asked them if they knew what a Caesar was, they said yes and made me "a Caesar". What did I get? Clamato and vodka. Idiots.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • stevep52
    Oiler

by stevep52 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:19 am

sara wrote:Hahaha, girly drinks are great, though. I'll give you that. I only drink them on my cruise vacations, which for me is only 70k. My go-to is a pina colada, but sometimes I'll get a mojito (usually a disappointment) or a margarita.

It's something like 59 days until the day drinking commences for me. Can't wait. I barely drink all year and then live on a constant buzz for one week every winter. :cheers:

I prefer my drinks with more of a kick - Old Fashioned being one of my favs. However, everyone once in a while I will do the girly drink with Pina Coladas my favorite.

I do not view Margarita's as a girly drink though. That is if you define a Margarita as nothing more then Tequila, Triple Sec and a squeeze of lime - not blended, but on the rocks and with an unsalted rim. Though adding some Grand Marnier is good also.
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Phoenix wrote:I do love their mojitos, but their long island iced teas are the most efficient to get me tipsy

The long islands were fucking amazing, I loved them :whisky:

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:45 pm

Memnoch wrote:Even I wouldn't count myself out until the ship, literally and figuratively, has sailed. :lol:

pull a Gnoff :heavydrink:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:07 pm

stevep52 wrote:
    sara wrote:Hahaha, girly drinks are great, though. I'll give you that. I only drink them on my cruise vacations, which for me is only 70k. My go-to is a pina colada, but sometimes I'll get a mojito (usually a disappointment) or a margarita.

I prefer my drinks with more of a kick - Old Fashioned being one of my favs. However, everyone once in a while I will do the girly drink with Pina Coladas my favorite.

I do not view Margarita's as a girly drink though. That is if you define a Margarita as nothing more then Tequila, Triple Sec and a squeeze of lime - not blended, but on the rocks and with an unsalted rim. Though adding some Grand Marnier is good also.

Only "girly" in that it's got a fruit flavor. But I agree, it's not on the same level as a daiquiri. Unless you have one made on broad, where I've had them be more rum than slush on occasion. :lol:
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Memnoch wrote:Even I wouldn't count myself out until the ship, literally and figuratively, has sailed. :lol:

If you need a secretive place to stay at beforehand you know who to call :beerbang: I even waited to check in beers on untappd in case people wondered why I all of a sudden checked in beers from numerous places Gnoff worked at!
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Godflesh wrote:Even more sad learning that Power Trip are out.

I know! Tell me about it. :(

At least, I'm seeing them next Friday for the second time!

Memnoch wrote:Power Trip? The band that's touring with Cannibal Corpse in the U.S. now? Missed them (intentionally) in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago. :beerwink:

You missed out, big time. But, why am I not surprised!? :lol:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:15 am

sara wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Yeah, that'd be me. I dislike the taste of alcohol so on the rare occasions when I drink,* it's usually daiquiris. :twisted:

Hahaha, girly drinks are great, though. I'll give you that. I only drink them on my cruise vacations, which for me is only 70k.

Same here.....and daily-price "unlimited" drink packages help a lot. That way if I try something and don't like it, I didn't blow any money on it.
    My go-to is a pina colada, but sometimes I'll get a mojito (usually a disappointment) or a margarita.

Pina coladas, mango swirls (which are a pina colada and mango daiquiri swirled together), strawberry daiquiris, and Miami Vices, which are pina colada on one side of the glass, and strawberry daiquiri on the other. A good bartender will pour them simultaneously and get a perfect vertical line between them. I don't know if Royal does it that way but Carnival has a knack for them. (And the drinks are a bit bigger and less expensive... :shock: )

:lol: :lol:

I doubt I'll drink enough to get "buzzed" -- I didn't back on the Vista in October although I had 8 drinks in one day -- but I won't rule anything out. After all, it's not like I'm drivin' the boat. :lol: :beerbang:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:54 am

Today's that 60 day mark. I'm starting to get pretty pumped. Now that I've got some bullshit from work out of the way, l'm working out and trying to shed a few pounds ahead of the boat. Gotta get that stamina up and make room for beer and shitty late night pizza. I've got at least 25 bands I want to see. :shock: :beerbang:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:55 am

2018 is looking like a good year for metal. 70k is VERY FAST approaching, I'll get to see all your smiling (or in Razor's case scowling) faces, Sabaton is coming back to Calgary just after the cruise, and Silent Civilian is reviving! They've been coming back in full force on social media, posting that next year they're coming back.

Now's a good time to pick up a Cripper band, Andy... 18 year old Phoenix is jumping up and down at the prospect. (So is 26 year old Phoenix)

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Phoenix wrote:(or in Razor's case scowling)

Haha :P
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:

I saw Razor’s interview on YouTube for the Netherland’s Women in Metal show, I believe.
    He wasn’t scowling at all! In fact, he seemed like a pretty cool guy :cool:
    I guess being surrounded by women soothes him :P
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:03 am

50 days until I'm on the plane to Florida.

The hype is real. So is the working out :D

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Godflesh wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:

I saw Razor’s interview on YouTube for the Netherland’s Women in Metal show, I believe.

Ha, I mostly scowl for "regular" people.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:52 pm

Atrophy really want to be on the boat!!!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:44 am

Razor Ramon wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:I saw Razor’s interview on YouTube for the Netherland’s Women in Metal show, I believe.

Ha, I mostly scowl for "regular" people.

So......if we all have diarrhea.......we're good? :lol:

(This thread has now officially devolved to the point where Andy needs to announce a band...or nine. Save us, Skipper! :bmhorns: )
    2025 Wishlist:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:48 pm

50 days till Miami
    Last edited by Azazel101 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Time for Andy's Advent Calendar of Bands!
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:06 am

meshuggah wrote:Time for Andy's Advent Calendar of Bands!

Bwahaha! 53 more days to do it!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • Post Reply 2628 posts