User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

70K 2018 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by Pellaz » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Okay, by, uh, popular demand we'll do this again in 2018. And maybe this time I'll walk around the corner by the basketball court and find the main mass of people sooner. :lol:

Who: anyone from the Forum -- old hands, newbies, all are welcome -- and anyone from the 70K groups over on Facebook.

What: the completely unofficial 70K Forum and 70K Facebook Groups' Meet'n'greet. A chance to put names to faces and see old cruise compadres again. It'll be time to celebrate: we're on the damned boat, we didn't miss it, and we have now become part of the best metal cruise in the world! :headbanger:

Where: Sports Deck near the basketball court (Deck 13 aft), same as last year for those who were there. Yes, it's on Deck 13. You get there by using the aft elevators; if your elevator doesn't go all the way to 13, get off at Deck 12 and find a lift with an "up" button. :lol:
If the weather is really rainy or stormy -- not likely, but it is possible -- we can move to an indoor bar, maybe the Schooner Bar, On-Air Club by Studio B or Boleros.

Why: because we can, damnit!

How: by stairs, or elevator, or TARDIS. You'll have to get permission to arrive by helicopter. :lol:

When: starting at 3:30 pm after embarkation (Feb. 1st) and lasting up to Muster Drill*, then maybe afterward for those who don't have to rush off to see any must-watch bands playing during the first time-slot.
Why 3:30 on embark day? Because this is the only real chance we have to gather. Once the bands start playing, right after Muster Drill, things get too crazy. This also allows time before 3:30 to start drinking, get settled, explore the ship, start drinking, etc.

I can't re-link our badge/sticker artwork because I'm posting this from work, but it's in last year's meet'n'greet thread. It's pretty awesome. :twisted:

---------------
* What's a Muster Drill? Ahh, you must be new to these parts. It's your chance to meet everyone within your muster station on the ship, maybe hear the safety briefing and take a gander at your lifeboat. It's a Royal pain, but it's required by international law and alas, you can't skip it.
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Booked (1568)
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Seattle, WA

Re: 70K 2018 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by Godflesh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:16 am

We need those stickers back, and to wear them at the drill as a badge of honor!
But shit, the sun in my face at this year's drill, I melted like the wicked witch.
Any trick to bypass the drill? Diaherra?
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:49 am

I'm in \o/
Upcoming Gigs:
Feb 70K Mar Arch-Enemy-/-Amon Amarth-/-Sabaton-/-
I'm back in 2018
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Evertale-/-Fogalord-/-Gotthard-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Rhapsody-Reunion-/-Running-Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:57 am

I'll do my best to be there, too!
Wishlist:
Accept--Aeternam--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Battle.Beast--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--DREAM.EVIL--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Freedom.Call--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonspell--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--Nightwish--Onslaught--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Pyramaze--Sabaton--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017: Survivor | 2018: BOOKED
User

Bob

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

by Bob » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:13 am

Let's take a group photo this time.
Wishlist 2018: Gojira-/-Tengger-Cavalry-/-Fleshgod-Apoc-/-Hanzel und Gretyl-/-InAeona-/-Babymetal-/-In this Moment-/-Burning Witches-/-Hevisaurus-/-Angelspit-/-Unleash the Archers-/-VUUR-/-Iron Maidens-/-The Heard-/-Myrkur

70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:23 am

Shame there's no bar on the 13th floor.
Aeternam-†-Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-ChthoniC-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Erickson, Manitoba

by acidbasement » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:09 am

Godflesh wrote:We need those stickers back, and to wear them at the drill as a badge of honor!

Korpiklaani-/-In.Extremo-/-Alestorm-/-Aeternam-/-Battle.Beast-/-Threshold-/-Moonspell-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Civil.War-/-Wederganger-/-Scarab-/-Kontrust-/-Gloryhammer-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Heathen.Foray-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars-/-Metsatöll-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Vogelfrey
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Bodomdragon and cowboy71...NOW it's a party. :lol:

Godflesh wrote:We need those stickers back, and to wear them at the drill as a badge of honor!

Hell, I did last year. Safety pins were awesome because we could wear them more than once.
"Where did you get that? Can I get one?"
"Uhh, well, ummm...." :bmhorns:

But shit, the sun in my face at this year's drill, I melted like the wicked witch.
Any trick to bypass the drill? Diaherra?

Technically, no, although medical exceptions can be made for people who can't stand*, etc. In those cases their muster drill is handled inside.
On my "cheap regular" cruise last October (on Carnival Vista) the muster drill was actually held inside...for us, it was in the main theater.
Actual seats.
No sun.
I thought I'd died and gone to heaven; it was the first time I'd had an "inside" muster drill since cruise #2 back in 2011.

Seriously, bring a hat or a cap to block the sun...and hope that your side of the ship is in shade during muster. Last year on 70K we lucked out. The year before it was torture.

Phoenix wrote:Shame there's no bar on the 13th floor.

The Wipeout Bar is supposed to be open and it's right around the corner from the meetpoint. Royal must not think we're an athletic crowd. :lol:

Bob wrote:Let's take a group photo this time, too.

THIS.

----
* and being too drunk to stand is, alas, not an acceptable excuse :lol:
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
User

Monmisreal

Rank

Lieutenant

Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Palm Harbor, FL

by Monmisreal » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:33 pm

acidbasement wrote:

We can get the stickers again. Steph should still have the file in her email from last year. It makes the guy that prints them laugh so it's worth it :P

Updated design for next year?
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:53 pm

I'll be there! Those stickers were great. Last cruise was the first time my muster drill station wasn't staring directly into the sun. Only took 8 cruises. We got to sit in the air conditioned main dining room. It was glorious. I felt a little bad for our muster drill station guy. He was really laying it on with the cruise humor but his jokes were meant for a normal cruise crowd.

Pellaz wrote:The Wipeout Bar is supposed to be open and it's right around the corner from the meetpoint. Royal must not think we're an athletic crowd. :lol:

Beer is a sport. Those buckets are heavy... for about 10 minutes. But yes, load up on beer before you get there.
I should get around to updating my signature
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:30 am

Monmisreal wrote:
acidbasement wrote:

We can get the stickers again. Steph should still have the file in her email from last year. It makes the guy that prints them laugh so it's worth it :P

Updated design for next year?

Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Goatwhore-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Witchery-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-OctoberTide-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-TheAbsence-Desultory-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Alestorm-DarkTranquillity-InExtremo-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Meshuggah-Gyze-Benediction-BeyondCreation-Voivod

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:Image

BOAT SATAN
Aeternam-†-Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-ChthoniC-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

Evican

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm

A Happy Little Vegemite in Poutine Land

by Evican » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:31 pm

I'm in!

PS: I love that Swim Reaper!
70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018
Cripper-Ne Obliviscaris-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Aborted-Behemoth-Amon Amarth-Insomnium-Havok-BENIGHTED-Meshuggah-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Fallujah-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Decapitated
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:46 pm

lol, that Swim Reaper is great...although maybe hard to print on a sticker or badge.

mooyagi wrote:I'll be there! Those stickers were great.

Awesome!

Last cruise was the first time my muster drill station wasn't staring directly into the sun. Only took 8 cruises. We got to sit in the air conditioned main dining room. It was glorious.

Woah, what sorcery is this? An INSIDE muster station? TELL US WHERE YOUR CABIN WAS, WE WANT TO CHANGE! :lol:

I felt a little bad for our muster drill station guy. He was really laying it on with the cruise humor but his jokes were meant for a normal cruise crowd.

I'd have loved to see that. "For all our Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests...." <blank stare>

mooyagi wrote:
Pellaz wrote:The Wipeout Bar is supposed to be open and it's right around the corner from the meetpoint. Royal must not think we're an athletic crowd. :lol:

Beer is a sport. Those buckets are heavy... for about 10 minutes. But yes, load up on beer before you get there.

Technically they can make you dump the beer if you show up with one at muster drill, but since I haven't heard any tales of rioting and ship's crew being tossed over the side, I'm thinking they haven't been trying. :lol:
....So, guzzle it down beforehand. :stagger:
2018 Wishlist:
User

captaingabbeh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Calgary, Canada

by captaingabbeh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:39 pm

I will be there, bright blue hair and all :D

2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 BOOKED!!

Want:
NeO-Chthonic-Heidevolk-Sabaton--Powerwolf-Kreator-Finntroll-Nightwish-Myrath-Thunderstone-TheAgonist-Skindred-Satyricon-Hypocrisy-Epica-Starkill-Crossfaith-Zeal&Ardor-Meshuggah-Septicflesh-Aeternam-Demons&Wizards-3TEETH
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Evican wrote:I'm in!

PS: I love that Swim Reaper!

he's the best!
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Goatwhore-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Witchery-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-OctoberTide-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-TheAbsence-Desultory-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Alestorm-DarkTranquillity-InExtremo-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Meshuggah-Gyze-Benediction-BeyondCreation-Voivod

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
User

taketheday

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 am

Switzerland

by taketheday » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:24 am

I will be there too :cheers:
2013: 7545
2014: 9554
2015: 2633
2016: 7320
2017/2018: 7624

4th-Dimension-/-Abinchova-/-Alestorm-/-Amberian-Dawn-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Anti-Tank-Nun-/-Apocalyptica-/-Astralion-/-Avantasia-/-Avelion-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Celtibeerian-/-Chronomancy-/-Crystallion-/-Derdian-/-Dreamshade-/-Dynazty-/-Ego-Fall-/-Ensiferum-/-Epicrenel-/-Eternal-Fear-/-Excelsis-/-Finntroll-/-Fogalord-/-Freedom-Call-/-Frosttide-/-Gonoreas-/-Gotthard-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-Flames-/-InnerWish-/-Juvaliant-/-Kaledon-/-Kamikaze-Kings-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kotiteollisuus-/-Krokus-/-Lordi-/-Los-Bastardos-Finlandeses-/-Magic-Kingdom-/-Majesty-Of-Revival-/-Melodius-Deite-/-Nonpoint-/-Operadyse-/-Pertness-/-Pretty-Maids-/-Ravenage-/-Sabaton-/-Secret-Illusion-/-Sideburn-/-SnakeyeS-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Stratovarius-/-Summoned-Tide-/-Svartsot-/-Teräsbetoni-/-To/Die/For-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Troll-Bends-Fir-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Tyr-/-Veonity-/-Volbeat-/-Vexillum-/-Wind-Rose-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun[/size]

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
no avatar
User

JamieS

Rank

Wiper

Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:56 am

Seattle, WA, USA

by JamieS » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:40 am

Pellaz wrote:Woah, what sorcery is this? An INSIDE muster station? TELL US WHERE YOUR CABIN WAS, WE WANT TO CHANGE! :lol:

Technically they can make you dump the beer if you show up with one at muster drill, but since I haven't heard any tales of rioting and ship's crew being tossed over the side, I'm thinking they haven't been trying. :lol:
....So, guzzle it down beforehand. :stagger:

My muster station was in the Pyramid Lounge last (er... this) year. Not in the sun, but super crowded. I was in one of the front-facing family ocean view cabins on 9.

I definitely showed up with a beer, and they didn't say anything.
2017 Survivor
2018 Booked
User

Bob

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

by Bob » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:56 am

Did they take roll at the muster drill station we are assigned to go to, like scan our badge or something? I can't remember, just curious, hehe! ;)
Wishlist 2018: Gojira-/-Tengger-Cavalry-/-Fleshgod-Apoc-/-Hanzel und Gretyl-/-InAeona-/-Babymetal-/-In this Moment-/-Burning Witches-/-Hevisaurus-/-Angelspit-/-Unleash the Archers-/-VUUR-/-Iron Maidens-/-The Heard-/-Myrkur

70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17
User

slayergeek

Rank

Petty Officer

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:02 am

by slayergeek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 am

Bob wrote:Did they take roll at the muster drill station we are assigned to go to, like scan our badge or something? I can't remember, just curious, hehe! ;)

Yes they do
Survivor
    2014,2015,2016,2017,Booked_2018

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Drummer/Singer_for
    FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Exhumed-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Exmortus-/-Exodus-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Black_Dahlia_Murder-/-Warbringer-/-Wintersun
no avatar
User

klons

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Squamish, BC

by klons » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Bob wrote:Did they take roll at the muster drill station we are assigned to go to, like scan our badge or something? I can't remember, just curious, hehe! ;)

They'll drag you out of bed if they have to :lol:
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:04 pm

I recall one year where there was a huge line so I just walked past the check in point and lined up without giving my name. Never heard anything from it later on.
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:08 pm

klons wrote:

They'll drag you out of bed if they have to :lol:

Yep, part of the crew is assigned to go room-to-room, and once a room is cleared, they mark it.

I don't remember a "serious" attempt at taking roll last February, like scanning badges, but I remember seeing them try to count bodies. They DID scan badges on my "regular, cheap cruise" in October, and called out the miscreants who got there late. :lol:
2018 Wishlist:
User

metalgoddess

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Seattle, WA

by metalgoddess » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:10 am

It didn't work last year.

I'm definitely in this year!
70K 2011 - 5062
70K 2012 - 8568
Barge 2012 - 6520
70K 2014 - 8092
70K 2015 - 7584
70K 2017 - 6517
70K 2018 - 6451
User

alex_canada

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Winnipeg

by alex_canada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:20 pm

The inside muster station is actually worse...it was shoulder to shoulder with no ventilation, I'd take outside any day.
3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Blink 182, Chthonic, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Pagan's Mind, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:56 pm

alex_canada wrote:The inside muster station is actually worse...it was shoulder to shoulder with no ventilation, I'd take outside any day.

Wasn't like that in the dining room. At least on our side. Got to sit at the tables.
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 pm

alex_canada wrote:The inside muster station is actually worse...it was shoulder to shoulder with no ventilation, I'd take outside any day.

:shock: Where was your inside muster held?
2018 Wishlist:
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Pellaz wrote:

Probably same one I was in, Pyramid Lounge.
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Pellaz wrote:

Probably same one I was in, Pyramid Lounge.

Oh, well, THERE's your problem. It's a shithole to begin with! :lol: :twisted: :lol:
2018 Wishlist: