Post Reply 16367 posts
What are you listening to right now?
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by Monmisreal » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Oh snap! Never knew Christian Hede Madsen did this after Pet the Preacher. Pretty sure I'm one of a few people here that listens to them but if you like PtPs lighter material check this bluesy rock band out. Absolutely loved his vocals in PtP
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:50 am

ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:49 am

The new Visions of Atlantis album The Deep & the Dark is pretty damn impressive. They've always had a lot of promise, but fallen a bit short with dull songs, but, maybe it's because of Clémentine, now they've managed to write an album worth of good songs.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm

2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:06 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:Image

What do you think of this? From what I read it is looooooong.

3 hours, didn't have time to finish so I'll restart another day when I have the full time

Couldn't even sit through disc 1. It's really boring.

maybe you guys just don't dig opera, as the tracks are kinda all parts of the whole and all... I just finished and enjoyed the whole, but it's not for individual track listening... and 3 hours isn't a casual endeavor
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:06 pm

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Less than a month to go for St. Patty's Day.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:maybe you guys just don't dig opera, as the tracks are kinda all parts of the whole and all... I just finished and enjoyed the whole, but it's not for individual track listening... and 3 hours isn't a casual endeavor

Eventually I'll give it another listen but it's hard for me to sit through 3 hours of it. That morning I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it haha

Artwork caught my eye and I've been digging it so far. Chaos Moon - Eschaton Mémoire
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:23 pm

2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:20 am

Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:42 am

2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:49 am

King Aparthy (formerly Thränenkind) — The Blood On Our Hands

Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:27 am

2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:02 pm

2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

• DarkAngel69
    Wiper

by DarkAngel69 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Listening to the album "Kveld" by Taake. Hello all :)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:31 pm

Holy shit! They went back to their roots and put out one hell of a true melodeath treat!!! I know it's only February, but I've got a true contender for album of the year right here :shred: :shred:

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:29 am

I have to say I enjoy listening to this as background music in my office.

2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:26 am

mbob wrote:I have to say I enjoy listening to this as background music in my office.

Funny, I was hearing this yesterday while I worked from home. I must say it is quite cool. Not your typical Therion album, tho
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:29 pm

Katatonia - My Twin
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:41 am

knock it off - 88 Fingers Louie
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:20 pm

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:43 am

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:22 am

My Dying Bride — A Cold New Curse

jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:39 am

Agalloch — In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion

mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:38 am

Really liking what I am hearing!

2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

• Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:17 am

Jethro Tull - The Whistler
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:48 pm

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng7QU5vb1Z4

Undertow - Everember from the Album "In Deepest Silence":

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:15 am

I should get around to updating my signature
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:41 am

Non-Human Level - Non-Human Level (2005)

A side-project from the guitarist of Darkane, with the drummer from Darkane singing, Meshuggah's former bassist and the Devin Tonsend Project's drummer. This kind of all-star line-up usually give mixed (if not disappointing) results, but this album is awesome, there isn't a single average song. If you like technical thrash/death, you just have to love this album.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:03 am

Yeah man... This was a killer record, it was intended to be a carry on of their pre Darkane band Agretater, but definitely took on an alternate Darkane path
    TPH wrote:Non-Human Level - Non-Human Level (2005)

A side-project from the guitarist of Darkane, with the drummer from Darkane singing, Meshuggah's former bassist and the Devin Tonsend Project's drummer. This kind of all-star line-up usually give mixed (if not disappointing) results, but this album is awesome, there isn't a single average song. If you like technical thrash/death, you just have to love this album.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:40 pm

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:21 pm

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:35 pm

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:10 am

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:56 pm

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:00 pm

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:54 pm

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Post Reply 16367 posts