Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

Re: It's A Small World After All

by Ti7aNiC » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:25 pm

Finally! Not just a wishlist band, but a bucketlist band! Thanks Andy!
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Did Somebody Say Thrash?

by Andy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:43 pm

WARBRINGER descends with a vicious Thrash Attack in the Caribbean! You do not want to miss out on 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Stick around, Sailors, and you might get "T"errified...

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: Did Somebody Say Thrash?

by Razor Ramon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:59 pm

ENSIFERUM

PERSEFONE

WARBRINGER
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:47 pm

Terrifier
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:48 pm

I just got into Persefone a week ago, so this is good timing.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

What a Wonderful Night to Have a Cruise

by Andy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:55 pm

Join THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER and 59 other world class Heavy Metal bands onbroad our luxurious 154,000ton cruise liner for your vacation of a lifetime!

70000TONS OF METAL is The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Don't hold your breath too long for our next surprise, you might turn into a "C"orpse...

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: What a Wonderful Night to Have a Cruise

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:59 pm

I'm am surprised, but also intrigued?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:04 pm

That's interesting

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:09 pm

So, does Warbringer just automatically send Slayer half their royalty checks on sheer principle?

I'm going with Carcass for the "C"
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:21 pm

THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER

Fuck this is just dismal so far, giving me 2015 flash backs to where it was mostly just thumbs downs..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:25 pm

I'm pretty happy about Warbringer. I've seen them before, but they're a fun band and have put out two albums since then. Can't wait to see my fellow thrashers in the pit.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:28 pm

praey
    Oiler

by praey » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Didn't really care much for the initial couple bands (Vomitory was a welcome surprise but is also playing MDF) but with Warbringer and especially The Black Dahlia Murder my interest is piqued. Both are great bands and put on an awesome show. Also haven't seen either of them in a few years.
    Survivor 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:58 pm

since I can't go this time, I'm so far very happy about this lineup... I don't enjoy Eluveitie as much as I used to and the only band I'm really bummed to miss onbroad is Warbringer, and I've seen them many times, and they're easy to see, generally speaking...
    keep it up Skipper, make my friends who are going happy and book all those bands they love that I don't care about :bangers:

But, if you book Borknagar this year I'll be very disappointed in you and be able to do nothing about it
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:16 pm

Guys, I’m an OG thrasher but I find WARBRINGER weak compared to their peers, any recommendations of good songs by them?
    Same with TBDM, I’m open to any genre, but they don’t do anything for me, compared to their peers.

OTOH I found EILUVETIE musicians very talented on the official video, even though I can’t listen to this for more than one minute.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:22 pm

Godflesh wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:16 pm Guys, I’m an OG thrasher but I find WARBRINGER weak compared to their peers, any recommendations of good songs by them?
    Same with TBDM, I’m open to any genre, but they don’t do anything for me, compared to their peers.

OTOH I found EILUVETIE musicians very talented on the official video, even though I can’t listen to this for more than one minute.
    Check out ‘Descending Blade.’ More than anything, though, I recommend their live show. I find them decent on album, but their live show is just ferocious. They are just one of those bands that is meant for the live setting.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Godflesh wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:16 pm Guys, I’m an OG thrasher but I find WARBRINGER weak compared to their peers, any recommendations of good songs by them?

Check out Abandoned By Time by Warbring. Or the entire album of Miasma for TBDM
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:35 pm

Downvod wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:22 pm

Check out ‘Descending Blade.’ More than anything, though, I recommend their live show. I find them decent on album, but their live show is just ferocious. They are just one of those bands that is meant for the live setting.
    Yeah, saw them live on YT, they’re a mosh pit band for sure, and they should kill in the Ice Rink at 4:45am :D
    I’ll be there.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:57 pm

The entire (and I mean every song) "Worlds Torn Asunder" album is a modern classic, IMO.

Every time they play my town the pit is rowdy AF. Great live band.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:58 pm

slayergeek wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Check out Abandoned By Time by Warbring. Or the entire album of Miasma for TBDM
    Better. For TBDM, still prefer THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA (I saw them live 6 years ago with SLAYER :cry: and MOTÖRHEAD :cry: :cry: :cry:, and they kicked ass), or WHITECHAPEL, or THE ACACIA STRAIN, or even AUGUST BURNS RED, or...
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:03 pm

I'm pretty stoked on Vomitory, and Persefone who I've wanted to see for years. Warbringer and TBDM are always fun live too.

So far so good dudes and dudettes!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:08 pm

If I had the option to pay extra on my ticket to guarantee a band onbroad this year, it would be POWER TRIP.
    You know, like when you renew your tabs, and they offer you to make a donation?
    Andy, here’s a business tip :D
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:11 pm

Warphine wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:57 pm
    The entire (and I mean every song) "Worlds Torn Asunder" album is a modern classic, IMO.

Every time they play my town the pit is rowdy AF. Great live band.
    THANK YOU. That’s more like it. Or maybe it’s the beer :chug:
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:36 pm

Razor Ramon wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:21 pm THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER

Fuck this is just dismal so far, giving me 2015 flash backs to where it was mostly just thumbs downs..
    Please explain.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Drop Dead

by Andy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:15 pm

The CORONER is in! These Swiss Thrash Masters are going to melt faces on Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. Where will you be?

The sight of what is coming next will leave you "T"rembling in fear!

• Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: Drop Dead

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:21 pm

A second one from my wish list, and a rare one at that.

I’m pretty sure I saw them live in France in 1987!
    I’m booked!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:45 pm

Quality of announcements are deteriorating rapidly :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:45 pm Quality of announcements are deteriorating rapidly :P
    Dude, they are a *technical* thrash band. They have a great Jimi Hendrix cover (no offence, WARBRINGER :-)

Coroner’s musicianmanship on “Punishment for decadence” is unrivaled in thrash bands, to my knowledge.
    Last edited by Godflesh on Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:55 pm

Seriously bad round of announcements for me this far. Not much I'm interested in... Hopefully it will get better. Meanwhile, lots of time for escape rooms, waterslides and stuff.

Phoenix glad you liked Persefone, that was the "P" I knew ;)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:14 am

bodomdragon wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:55 pm Seriously bad round of announcements for me this far. Not much I'm interested in... Hopefully it will get better. Meanwhile, lots of time for escape rooms, waterslides and stuff.

Enough time for a beer, then. Let’s do the forum meet’n’greet in a bar this time, like in previous years.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:42 am

Oh don't get me wrong I dont hate Coroner, just they are a repeat, and they've toured Australia recently.

With so many bucketlist bands in my signature, its not too much to ask for one :P (And yes I know Accept are in my signature but I've seen them before - most of the other bands there I have not).

And I have half a dozen bands there starting with T, but I'm not holding out much hope for any of them being next up.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:55 am

Godflesh wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:14 am
    bodomdragon wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:55 pm Seriously bad round of announcements for me this far. Not much I'm interested in... Hopefully it will get better. Meanwhile, lots of time for escape rooms, waterslides and stuff.

Enough time for a beer, then. Let’s do the forum meet’n’greet in a bar this time, like in previous years.
    Sounds great to me!
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:56 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:42 am Oh don't get me wrong I dont hate Coroner, just they are a repeat, and they've toured Australia recently.

With so many bucketlist bands in my signature, its not too much to ask for one :P (And yes I know Accept are in my signature but I've seen them before - most of the other bands there I have not).

And I have half a dozen bands there starting with T, but I'm not holding out much hope for any of them being next up.
    You might as well jump in stage with them, you are the doppelganger of the guitar player.
    Wishlist:

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:30 am

Same here. Of these first 10, I might catch one Vomitory set...if there’s nothing else going on.

Fingers crossed for better luck today.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:36 am

CORONER
    70000 Tons 2019
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:55 am

Their newest album was excellent, and the track "Remain Violent" speaks to me on every level
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:59 am

Coroner are great, and while that stings a bit, I have seen them onbroad before... But my wife hasn't seen them, so she's more bummed

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

25th Anniversary of Wildhoney Onbroad

by Andy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:22 am

Join us to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the release of TIAMAT's highly acclaimed album Wildhoney, which they will play in its entirety, onbroad Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Don't run away! Stick with us, "G"reatness awaits you.

mooyagi
    Captain

Re: 25th Anniversary of Wildhoney Onbroad

by mooyagi » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:24 am

Saw Coroner on a previous cruise and liked them more than expected so that's a nice add. Good to see this Tiamat announcement too. Keep 'em coming!
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: 25th Anniversary of Wildhoney Onbroad

by Phoenix » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:27 am

This is a fucking Gloryhammer announcement isn't it :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
Post Reply 2038 posts