Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Attention GOLD Survivors!

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Dreading getting up at 2am on Thursday morning on a work day and being greeted by overloaded servers :(

But cannot risk leaving it until my normal waking up time (6am).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:01 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:21 pm Dreading getting up at 2am on Thursday morning on a work day and being greeted by overloaded servers :(

But cannot risk leaving it until my normal waking up time (6am).
    Right. Last year it took 90 minutes for one of my browsers to finally punch through.

This year I'll be heading down to ProgPower USA...only now with a who-knows-how-long delay. :bitch:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:04 pm

There's still 47 bands to come you know.

And UMC didn't change the booking process even after Andy himself said the system no longer worked (and he's right). I'm sure they have picked the announcement order purposefully. Especially with a good chunk of repeats. I bet they are hoping it discourages some Survivors from booking, while still being decent enough to make people interested.

UMC has some flaws, sure, but they pull this insanity off every year, and it's still the best festival I've ever been to. I hope less Survivors go, because other metalheads deserve to experience this, too.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Drop Dead

by Amalu » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:48 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:16 pm Of course you'd be welcome. Anyone on the Forum is welcome, and it's not like we're strict with that either.
    I thought so much. We're all part of the larger metal family, aren't we?
    Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Amalu on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:53 am

Ti7aNiC wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:04 pm There's still 47 bands to come you know.

And UMC didn't change the booking process even after Andy himself said the system no longer worked (and he's right). I'm sure they have picked the announcement order purposefully. Especially with a good chunk of repeats. I bet they are hoping it discourages some Survivors from booking, while still being decent enough to make people interested.

UMC has some flaws, sure, but they pull this insanity off every year, and it's still the best festival I've ever been to. I hope less Survivors go, because other metalheads deserve to experience this, too.
    Yes I know, that's not the point. It's a good festival, but it's one of the only metal festivals in the world that gets away with announcing bands the day before sailing and trolling their customers hard. I have ANXIETY, do you think it's fun knowing I'm paying in full this week when I only have maybe 9 sets to see? It feels like a bloody waste of money even if I think I'll get half the repeats off my wishlist.

EDIT: yeah yeah yeah, they pull it off every year. Sure. But I don't think they can ever top 2017 for me. 2018 reinforced that, and hey, if they prove me wrong in 2019 I'll eat my words.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:00 am

Anyone have a guess of how many goldmembers will book tomorrow? Maybe a third of cabins will be gone?
    2016: 2314
    2017: 6661
    2018: 2364
    2019: 7630

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:16 am

Do people actually wait to see what bands are announced before booking? I'll be honest, I'm just too old and cranky to deal with tents, mud, and 100K people at a big metal festival. 70K is as much about the cruise ship vacation as anything else, and it's one that I'm sure I'll enjoy regardless of who might be playing.

For the last three years, I've made up my mind to go, then just hoped that there were bands I liked. Sure, I'll bitch about it when there's not a bands I like, but it's not like I wait to see who's playing and then make a decision.

Maybe I'm an outlier in that regard, I dunno.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:25 am

Gratch wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:16 am Do people actually wait to see what bands are announced before booking? I'll be honest, I'm just too old and cranky to deal with tents, mud, and 100K people at a big metal festival. 70K is as much about the cruise ship vacation as anything else, and it's one that I'm sure I'll enjoy regardless of who might be playing.

For the last three years, I've made up my mind to go, then just hoped that there were bands I liked. Sure, I'll bitch about it when there's not a bands I like, but it's not like I wait to see who's playing and then make a decision.

We're in the same boat.

It is the only thing I intend on attending every year.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:33 am

Eh, I know it's me. But I truly find nothing better than being at the front of the stage for a good band. When Insomnium went on for their first set in 2018 and the crowd went nuts, that was when I finally felt relaxed. That's what I go on the boat for. I just want to make sure I have a few sets of those.

I'm actually doing pretty okay. I'm sure Eluveitie will be better than I give them credit for, and I'm pretty sure there's at least one more band on my wishlist to come that will make me cry. One that's, say, in the top 5 of the forum wishlist.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:49 am

Does the booking open at exactly 12am? Just wondering for the silver sales, I did not book on my own my first time around.

Thanks!
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:50 am

Persefone were in Montreal on Sunday, I was able to speak with some of the members, they are all super stoke to be on the Boat. Not only this, but they absolutely blasted the place to pieces. The moment I heard the first note Sunday, I knew it was a 2 setter.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • bev336
    Wiper

by bev336 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am

Okay, I'm a newbie and was hoping to get onboard this year, but it looks like, I'm wasting my time. What are the chances of any suites being left for the general public sale.
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am

Donutsauce wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:25 am
    Gratch wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:16 am Do people actually wait to see what bands are announced before booking? I'll be honest, I'm just too old and cranky to deal with tents, mud, and 100K people at a big metal festival. 70K is as much about the cruise ship vacation as anything else, and it's one that I'm sure I'll enjoy regardless of who might be playing.

We're in the same boat.

It is the only thing I intend on attending every year.
    Most people are probably like this. A lot of the bands on here you can see at other festivals or on tour.

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:29 am

Dammit, I still don't know whether I'm booking tomorrow or not. This is ridiculous.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:30 am

bev336 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am Okay, I'm a newbie and was hoping to get onboard this year, but it looks like, I'm wasting my time. What are the chances of any suites being left for the general public sale.
    Depends on the Suite. Which one are you hoping for?
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:31 am

bev336 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am Okay, I'm a newbie and was hoping to get onboard this year, but it looks like, I'm wasting my time. What are the chances of any suites being left for the general public sale.
    There should still be some options left for public sales, but most likely they will be the more expensive ones, and they won’t be up for long. Your cheapest option to get on as a newbie would be to book single tickets, or get in with some gold members via Facebook or the forum.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:47 am

Downvod wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:31 am
    There should still be some options left for public sales, but most likely they will be the more expensive ones, and they won’t be up for long. Your cheapest option to get on as a newbie would be to book single tickets, or get in with some gold members via Facebook or the forum.
    I got on in 2017 with the public sales. It was more expensive, but 100% worth it. Second year, I already made some Gold friends that I now book with every year.

Also, more expensive = more space in the room. Not that it's a necessity, but I've noticed that the cheapest cabins are really small lol.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:22 am

For anyone as amazed as me that they are using 7 shades of pink on the deck plans, there's this, but it still says Alhambra Theatre (now Royal Theatre), so I guess it doesn't have the ship updates.

https://cruiseline.com/ship/independenc ... seas/decks
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:34 am

Donutsauce wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:22 am For anyone as amazed as me that they are using 7 shades of pink on the deck plans, there's this, but it still says Alhambra Theatre (now Royal Theatre), so I guess it doesn't have the ship updates.

http://70000tons.com/deck-plans/
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:38 am

I watched (obsessively) last year as options dwindled till only some of the most expensive 2 person rooms were available. Those options were taken within days (maybe the same day?), and the entire ship sold out within a week if I remember correctly. Who knows what will happen, but I'm speaking as someone planning on taking one of those silver 2 person room spots (sorry!).

If rooms are still available, book the second the the links on the site work for you. I would not expect one of the cheaper options unless you're booking a single ticket (though I didn't follow those as closely).
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:40 am

DragonLordJones wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:34 am
    Donutsauce wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:22 am For anyone as amazed as me that they are using 7 shades of pink on the deck plans, there's this, but it still says Alhambra Theatre (now Royal Theatre), so I guess it doesn't have the ship updates.

Right - that is the link with the 7 shades of pink I find unappealing ;-)
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 am

What the other guys already said. But in all seriousness, if you can't find a Survivor to get in a cabin with, book a single ticket instead of waiting/hoping for a cabin - get your spot on the boat, wherever it may be. It really doesn't matter where your bed is... if you're like me and 90% of the rest of the boat, you'll only use your room to sleep, which itself will be a rare occurrence. Why book a big room when you're never in there? I do see the appeal for balcony suites for those who smoke, though.
    Survivor:
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:03 am

This is how I feel. It's hard to go from having your own toilet in your own room - just a five minute walk from the front of any stage - back to something like the mud of Wacken, haha.

The first year I was on 70K I flew down from Yellowknife, NT. As you can imagine, not too many bands (none) travel anywhere near that far north. So, other than flying to Edmonton or Montreal for a few shows, which I did, festivals were the only way for me to catch a band for 6 years of my life. Hell, I even spent about $1000 just to have Black Sabbath cancel a show on me 30 minutes before they were to open the doors. It's a different beast when you live somewhere secluded. The last few years I lived in Toronto where people are essentially spoiled as fuck for live music, but now I'm in Halifax NS which is also a notoriously overlooked geographical area for concerts. Honestly, yes - I understand that a band could just play an extra show in QC, ON, or NY and make more money than bothering to come here. But when the closest place bands routinely travel is a 15 hour drive away from you, festivals like this get a bit more important.
    Survivor:
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • bev336
    Wiper

by bev336 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:05 am

Ti7aNiC wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 am
    What the other guys already said. But in all seriousness, if you can't find a Survivor to get in a cabin with, book a single ticket instead of waiting/hoping for a cabin - get your spot on the boat, wherever it may be. It really doesn't matter where your bed is... if you're like me and 90% of the rest of the boat, you'll only use your room to sleep, which itself will be a rare occurrence. Why book a big room when you're never in there? I do see the appeal for balcony suites for those who smoke, though
    I couldn't do that, yes I'm a wuss but I like my creature comforts and always book a suite on a cruise, any smaller makes me claustrophobic and cost is not really an issue. I have looked at this cruise for a couple of years, as an alternative to Wacken, which I have gone to since 2005, but it is not what is used to be and want to try something different. If I can't get on this year, I'll wait and try next year, if like some of you say there will be a bigger ship for the 10th cruise. It is a shame that this cruise is not really available to anyone new.
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:12 am

DragonLordJones wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:34 am

For those who know how to get the updated deck plans (the 70000tons link above) into open office (free), there's this:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... _colors%3F
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:23 am

Ti7aNiC wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 amif you're like me and 90% of the rest of the boat, you'll only use your room to sleep
    Occasional showers are wildy appreciated by your fellow cruisers, too :mrgreen:
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:31 am

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:23 am
    Ti7aNiC wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 amif you're like me and 90% of the rest of the boat, you'll only use your room to sleep
    Occasional showers are wildy appreciated by your fellow cruisers, too :mrgreen:
    That's what the hot tub and beach are for. :beerwink:

mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:53 am

gorgatron wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:31 amwhat the hot tub and beach are for.
    Hot tub? You mean 70,000 Gallons of Urine!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:21 am

mbob wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:53 am

Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:04 pm

gorgatron wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:21 am
    mbob wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:50 pm

When we have reached the topic of drinking your own urine, I think it would be highly time for another announcement in this thread. :mrgreen:

Hey Skipper, please give us something else to talk about. Please! ;)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:53 pm

Skipper's running out of time. Announcements always go dark when Gold Sales go live - because UMC is too busy trying to sort that out. Which is entirely fair, but I'm just trying not to get anyone's hopes up.

I have a friend who's never been but has been following along announcement season with me, and his guess is that this is Suspiria. That was without knowing anything else - and he's probably right. So more repeats to come!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Masterbas wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:50 am The moment I heard the first note Sunday, I knew it was a 2 setter.
    I haven't seen them live, but I'm sure that's a 2 setter.

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:53 pm Skipper's running out of time. Announcements always go dark when Gold Sales go live - because UMC is too busy trying to sort that out. Which is entirely fair, but I'm just trying not to get anyone's hopes up.

I have a friend who's never been but has been following along announcement season with me, and his guess is that this is Suspiria. That was without knowing anything else - and he's probably right. So more repeats to come!
    I have a strange feeling, not based on anything in particular, that it might be Stratovarius.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:21 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:17 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:53 pm Skipper's running out of time. Announcements always go dark when Gold Sales go live - because UMC is too busy trying to sort that out. Which is entirely fair, but I'm just trying not to get anyone's hopes up.

I have a strange feeling, not based on anything in particular, that it might be Stratovarius.
    30th anniversary of first album shows? Maybe that’s what they are hyping?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

One Last Return To ROOTS

by Andy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:27 pm

We are proud to announce that SOULFLY will join us onbroad Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. But wait! There is more to this announcement: After an extremely successful run of MAX AND IGGOR CAVALERA RETURN TO ROOTS, they officially retired this project. Just and only for 70000TONS OF METAL they decided to perform a World Exclusive one last time MAX AND IGGOR CAVALERA RETURN TO ROOTS show playing ROOTS in its entirety.

70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is writing Heavy Metal history, sailing after sailing.

Don't get tired just yet, the "V"oyage is only beginning...

Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

Re: One Last Return To ROOTS

by Mr.Kito » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Andy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:27 pm We are proud to announce that SOULFLY will join us onbroad Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. But wait! There is more to this announcement: After an extremely successful run of MAX AND IGGOR CAVALERA RETURN TO ROOTS, they officially retired this project. Just and only for 70000TONS OF METAL they decided to perform a World Exclusive one last time MAX AND IGGOR CAVALERA RETURN TO ROOTS show playing ROOTS in its entirety.

70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is writing Heavy Metal history, sailing after sailing.

Don't get tired just yet, the "V"oyage is only beginning...

i was expecting Max would return with Cavalera Conspiracy instead of Soulfly, but thats awesome
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Yeah - not Slayer!

I'm calling Visions of Atlantis next.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:45 pm

Okay, that's pretty cool. I caught a set of Soulfly in 2015, I'll catch one again in 2019. Maybe even two, the pit was nuts.

Dammit Skipper, I keep telling you, In Vain starts with an "I" not a "V"!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:47 pm

SOULFLY

That V better be VUUR!
    Last edited by Razor Ramon on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
Post Reply 2038 posts