Who is in fort lauderdale before the cruise :bmhorns:
    2014 cabin 2026
    2016 cabin 7300
    2019 cabin 9401
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Fort lauderdale

by acidbasement » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:18 am

Some people do Fort Lauderdale, and I think some people congregate around the Riptide in Hollywood.

But most of us will be in Miami Beach. The Clevelander will be wall-to-wall metalheads, and drinking on the beach is permitted (but don't be a jackass about it).
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:56 am

I will be at the Clevelander myself! See you guys there
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Can't stand the Clevelander myself. Had terrible experience with the service, and I prefer to be able to breathe without sticking my nose into someone else. I'll be doing some low key prep for the cruise, either on Hollywood Beach or at a hotel near the port.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Hollywood Beach (staying at Riptide) for me. I won't be able to get into town until late Wednesday afternoon so going down to South Beach would not be worth it for me. Plus, I like to enjoy the calm before the storm hanging out at Riptide's Tiki Bar then later going down the Hollywood Brewing Company. Then it is quick/cheap Uber ride to the port the next morning.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:00 pm

We're staying at a little hotel near South Beach, it's called Fashion Boutique Hotel and looks nice. It's about half a mile from the Clevelander.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:10 pm

While we are talking about pre-cruise arrangements, would you care to give the newbie a bit of an insight?
    So, I know about the South Beach Party, I've read a bit here in the forum, but still I just can't get enough information (must be the excitement).

We are going on a road trip across the southern states and will be in Miami on the 29th, so two days before the cruise. When are you all arriving? When is the party?

Also on a side note: Any tips for a nice meal down in Miami? :lol:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:27 pm

I haven't been to Miami since 2012 but I enjoyed my time there more than any cruises out of Fort Lauderdale, so I'm going back there for 2019. Booked into the SoBe hostel on South Beach from 27th - 31st.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:13 pm

I'll be in Hollywood Beach. I prefer the more relaxed atmosphere, and there are still plenty of metalheads there to meet. Not exactly sure of my hotel yet, but I'll be close enough to Riptide.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Amalu wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:10 pm While we are talking about pre-cruise arrangements, would you care to give the newbie a bit of an insight?
    So, I know about the South Beach Party, I've read a bit here in the forum, but still I just can't get enough information (must be the excitement).

We are going on a road trip across the southern states and will be in Miami on the 29th, so two days before the cruise. When are you all arriving? When is the party?

Also on a side note: Any tips for a nice meal down in Miami? :lol:
    I most likely won't be doing any of the pre cruise stuff this time around. Plans are still liquid, but currently will be in Orlando right up until the day before so we can do family stuff like Universal Studios, Disney, etc with my son.

The main beach party is at the Clevelander the day before we sail but if you go there any night in the lead up to the cruise there will be a heap of people there. Full details here in the Facebook Event Page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/197420697571088/

As far as food, Nicko McBrain's Rock n Roll Ribs is a must. A bit of a drive north of Miami but it sounds like you'll have a car:

http://www.rocknrollribs.org/

Around South Beach itself, I highly recommend 11th Street Diner. Good honest American fair, and I met some fantastic cruisers when I ate there this year:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaura ... orida.html
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:59 am

Haha, OP: "Who is in Fort Lauderdale this year?"
    Thread: "Let's talk about Miami stuff" :P

Speaking of being off-topic, Dallas, you're bringing your kid on the cruise this year?
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:42 am

I wasn't even planning on doing 70K this year due to buying a house a few months ago....but when booking opened up I caved pretty quickly....can't imagine missing out on of these yet.

That being said I am trying to do things a little bit cheaper this year. Which means I will be skipping out on the festivities at the Clevelander (spent three nights there pre-cruise last year and ended spending more than I did onbroad! :whisky: )

I'm just going to stay one night in Hollywood Beach before the cruise. Booked a room at the Hollywood Beach Suites Hotel. Rooms are cheap and t's attached to an awesome taco joint. It's also really close to Hollywood Brewery and isn't too long of a walk up the broadwalk to get to Riptide.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:05 am

^Beware of that Hollywood Beach Suites place. They like to charge $50 "deposit" to your credit card which they claim will be released back to you upon check out, but that wasn't the case for me. They refused cash so once you're long gone and realise you haven't been refunded they can ignore your e-mails and it makes things difficult to get it back. Only hostel/hotel I've ever stayed at that doesn't accept cash. Pretty dodgey.

I never got the refund.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:09 am

My room in Hollywood Beach Suites last year was pretty unacceptable. I won't get into details because it was that bad.

Love the Taco Bar, but I won't stay at the Hostel again. I'll be taking at least one trip to that place, regardless of where I wind up staying in FLL.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:23 am

doomguy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:05 am Only hostel/hotel I've ever stayed at that doesn't accept cash. Pretty dodgey.

I never got the refund.
    Did you try to dispute it through your credit card company?
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:07 am

Riptide Tue and Wed. I've been to the BIG pre-parties, it's fun, but I actually get enough partying on the boat, and I enjoy the smaller venues more. I do Fort Lauderdale post cruise for 1 day Monday at Ramada Airport/Cruise Port, free shuttle to/from port and the airport, free breakfast, tiki bar, always enough people there to hang out with, pre and post cruise also, but only good if you aren't going anywhere and just want a place to camp out.

If you're planning on attending the BIG pre-parties, I'd advise traveling Tuesday. I've done the Wednesday all-day travel and arrive at the party at 7:00 PM, too bushed to really enjoy it.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:01 pm

Phoenix wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:09 am My room in Hollywood Beach Suites last year was pretty unacceptable. I won't get into details because it was that bad.

Love the Taco Bar, but I won't stay at the Hostel again. I'll be taking at least one trip to that place, regardless of where I wind up staying in FLL.
    Now you've got me worried :shock: . You've gotta give some more detail lol.

I've stayed there a couple of times but last time was over two years ago. I've heard of the credit card horror stories too but was lucky enough both times I stayed and never had an issue with it. Even if I get screwed out of the 50 dollar deposit it'll still end up being cheaper than a room at the riptide.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pmPlans are still liquid, but currently will be in Orlando right up until the day before so we can do family stuff like Universal Studios, Disney, etc with my son.
    We are currently planing Disney after the cruise as our return flight leaves from Orlando on the 7th.
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pm As far as food, Nicko McBrain's Rock n Roll Ribs is a must. A bit of a drive north of Miami but it sounds like you'll have a car:
    http://www.rocknrollribs.org/
    You are correct with both good sir! That does sound like a most. We will definitely make the drive up there.

Thanks for all the info! Really appreciate it.
    jurjenmetal wrote:Who is in fort lauderdale before the cruise :bmhorns:
    And sorry to the OP as I might have slightly deviated from the original topic. :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Ever since the switch to the larger ship it's been harder for us to hit up the pre-cruise parties without weekends bookending the cruise. We usually stay in Ft Lauderdale (unless Miami ends up much less expensive) and just grab some food and make it a low-key night. Enough time to party on the ship. That will probably be the plan this year. Check into the hotel, get some cuban food and call it a night. Losing the whole day to travel sucks.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Radashar
    Oiler

by Radashar » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:20 am

I'm always around, but at work. This year I might just take the extra day before cruise so I can wander over and join all these parties that always happen.
    2017 - 2292
    2018 - 2250
    2019 - 2562
    2020 - deck 2 somewhere!
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Phoenix wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:09 am My room in Hollywood Beach Suites last year was pretty unacceptable. I won't get into details because it was that bad.

I'm currious since I just booked that hotel as well.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:05 pm

I found the bathroom in my room to be quite disgusting. I will most likely be booking at St Maurice Inn again, once I figure out flight dates (leaving from my city results in me often needing to take an extra day in travel because suck).

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:48 pm

I have stayed at Hollywood Beach Side Boutique for all but one FLL cruise. I like it. Clean small apartment rooms. Close to everything. A bit more money, but if the toilet doesn't work or its full of roaches or something--worth it.
    http://www.hollywoodbeachside.com/the-rooms
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:20 am

I attended the Miami Beach pre-party this year and it was nothing short of awesome. Miami Beach IS the place to party.

Fortunately I will stay at my friend's new house in Miami and probably Uber to/from the Clevelander
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:34 am

Jaimie38 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:48 pm but if the toilet doesn't work or its full of roaches or something--worth it.
    Well I'm glad you're okay with roaches. I wasn't.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:28 am

Masterbas wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:31 pm

I'm currious since I just booked that hotel as well.
    See you there! Or should I say "challenge accepted".
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:52 am

mooyagi wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:04 pm Ever since the switch to the larger ship it's been harder for us to hit up the pre-cruise parties without weekends bookending the cruise. We usually stay in Ft Lauderdale (unless Miami ends up much less expensive) and just grab some food and make it a low-key night. Enough time to party on the ship. That will probably be the plan this year. Check into the hotel, get some cuban food and call it a night. Losing the whole day to travel sucks.
    That's us too. Even if we leave early in the AM, we have to connect through somewhere (usually Atlanta) and never get into Ft. Lauderdale until 6 or 7pm. Usually just want to grab dinner and sleep at that point.

I'm very content to just let the party start on the boat the following day.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:55 am

Phoenix wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:34 am
    Jaimie38 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:48 pm but if the toilet doesn't work or its full of roaches or something--worth it.
    Well I'm glad you're okay with roaches. I wasn't.
    The real threat is BED BUGS. Take some of these nasty critters home and you'll be in true dread. I always enter the room, put my suit case in the bath tub, then I go around with a flash light checking the head boards, mattress pads, etc. I've known people that got these babies in their house and it took over a year to get rid of them and everything they owned they had to burn.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:11 pm

doomguy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:05 am ^Beware of that Hollywood Beach Suites place. They like to charge $50 "deposit" to your credit card which they claim will be released back to you upon check out, but that wasn't the case for me. They refused cash so once you're long gone and realise you haven't been refunded they can ignore your e-mails and it makes things difficult to get it back. Only hostel/hotel I've ever stayed at that doesn't accept cash. Pretty dodgey.

I never got the refund.
    I hate that! I mean, imagine if all businesses did that?

*walks into department store*

*security approaches* "Excuse me sir, we need to take $50 off you on the off chance that you break something in store. But do not worry - we will probably give the money back to you, eventually"

I had a similar thing last week. Went interstate for work, work paid for the hotel. But they still put a $75 'hold' on my credit card, that eventually got returned to me a week later.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:36 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:25 am So way off topic, but got a bit of a scare when renting a car on Iceland this summer, when they charged $3,500 deposit before picking it up.
    You'd get it back "no later than 2 weeks after returning the car, when we could check there were no damages".

Did get it back some 2 days after we were done, but it was quite the high deposit for a car rental.
    MY GOD that is ridiculous!!! A lot of people wouldn't have the ability to even cover that :|
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:24 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:11 pm I had a similar thing last week. Went interstate for work, work paid for the hotel. But they still put a $75 'hold' on my credit card, that eventually got returned to me a week later.
    Yep, for the dreaded "incidental charges." :roll:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:25 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:25 am So way off topic, but got a bit of a scare when renting a car on Iceland this summer, when they charged $3,500 deposit before picking it up.
    You'd get it back "no later than 2 weeks after returning the car, when we could check there were no damages".
    Whew, that's high. What are they afraid of, that you're going to drive it off the island somehow? :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:39 am

My deposit was about 2000 euros in Iceland. They took it off the same day I returned the car though. Unlike in Denmark in July, where Hertz had the deposit (about 600 euros) blocked on my card for well over a month. Called them twice and the only response I got was that it will clear in a week or two after returning the car (even if it was already well over that). Had to contact my bank to finally get it removed.

I kinda get the high deposit in Iceland. You're not allowed to drive on gravel roads (unless you pay extra and take a 4x4), but all the cars in the rental return lot looked like they had been dragged through gravel roads on their sides and roofs.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Voivodeh!
    Oiler

by Voivodeh! » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:19 am

Anyone staying at Riptides? I decided to open the wallet and stay there this time, in 2015 I didn't and was bored where I stayed. and I might do rocknroll ribs again.
    2015 - 7616
    2019 - 9694
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:45 am

I'm staying in an airbnb in the Rio Vista Area, right next to the Port basically, just the night of the 30th.

But I'd be down to meet up with people who are nearby ish, drinks and food or something :)
    Voivodeh!
    Oiler

by Voivodeh! » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:36 am

AstridDragon wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:45 am I'm staying in an airbnb in the Rio Vista Area, right next to the Port basically, just the night of the 30th.

But I'd be down to meet up with people who are nearby ish, drinks and food or something :)
    Not sure why I didn't think of that! airbnb makes sense I'll have to do that in 2020!. Maybe get a few of us and cab it to Rocknroll ribs and maybe meet Nicko. Apparently I just missed him the last time I was there.
    2015 - 7616
    2019 - 9694
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Voivodeh! wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:36 am
    AstridDragon wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:45 am I'm staying in an airbnb in the Rio Vista Area, right next to the Port basically, just the night of the 30th.

Not sure why I didn't think of that! airbnb makes sense I'll have to do that in 2020!. Maybe get a few of us and cab it to Rocknroll ribs and maybe meet Nicko. Apparently I just missed him the last time I was there.
    Was cheaper than anything else I could find! I <3 airbnb
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:18 pm

I stay in Ft.Lauderdale but party in Miami.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 am

Razor Ramon wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:18 pm I stay in Ft.Lauderdale but party in Miami.
    I'm considering that. You uber down there or what
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:23 pm

Voivodeh! wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:36 am ...
    Not sure why I didn't think of that! airbnb makes sense I'll have to do that in 2020!...
    Since you mentioned 2020, the Super Bowl in 2020 is being hosted in Miami. We won't know what our dates are until Andy announces Sunday night. I'm hoping UMC can schedule a different week other than Super Bowl weekend, cause it's gonna be a mess for us getting rooms, etc that week.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
Post Reply 61 posts