Post Reply 92 posts
2019 Set Length Speculation
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

2019 Set Length Speculation

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:26 am

How does everyone think the set lengths will look this year? Here's my guesses based on the bands announced so far.

I'll keep this updated as people present different opinions and new bands get added!

75 minutes ("Headliners")
    Accept
    Soulfly/Max & Igorr Roots (Soulfly got 60 minute sets in 2015 but some people think Roots set is enough to bump them up to headliner status)
    Kamelot (seems to be a consensus that they will likely receive 75 minutes again)

60 minutes
    Bloodbath (60 minute sets in 2016)
    Coroner (60 minute sets in 2012)
    Dark Funeral (60 minute sets in 2012)
    Eluveitie (60 minutes in 2016)
    Ensiferum (60 minutes in 2011, 2013, and 2015)
    Kalmah (60 minutes in 2017)
    Nile (60 minutes in 2013)
    Obituary (60 minutes in 2011 and 2014)
    Paradise Lost (60 minutes in 2016)
    Rage ft. LMO (got 75 minutes in 2013....but seems unlikely they'd get 75 again)
    Sodom (60 minutes in 2016)
    Subway to Sally (60 minute sets in 2013 & 2016)
    The Black Dahlia Murder (I don't think many are asking for it....but their popularity may warrant 75 minute "headliner" status)
    Tiamat (60 minute sets in 2013)

45 minutes
    Arkona
    Bodyfarm
    Chontaraz
    Convulse
    Cyhra
    Delain
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    God Dethroned
    Gloryhammer
    Grim Reaper
    Heidevolk
    In Vain
    Krisiun
    MaYaN
    Mors Principium Est
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Night Demon
    Onslaught
    Persefone
    Pestilence
    Raven
    Riot V
    Svartsot
    Tristania
    Twillight Force
    Tyr
    Unleash the Archers
    Van Canto
    Vicious Rumors
    Visions of Atlantis
    Vomitory
    Warbringer
    Last edited by Hoppy McGee on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 16 times in total.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2019 Set Length Speculation

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:40 am

For comparison, here's how last years lineup turned out.

75 minutes (headliners)
    Kreator
    Meshuggah
    Sabaton

60 minutes
    Cannibal Corpse
    Dark Tranquillity
    Enslaved
    Evergrey
    Exodus
    In Extremo
    Kataklysm
    Korpiklaani
    Metal Church
    Rhapsody
    Sepultura
    Sonata Arctica
    Swallow the Sun

45 minutes
    Aborted
    Aeternam
    Alestorm
    Amberian Dawn
    Battle Beast
    Belphegor
    Benediction
    Benighted
    Beyond Creation
    Destruction
    Diablo Blvd.
    Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
    Evertale
    Exciter
    Exhumed
    Freedom Call
    Goatwhore
    Gyze
    In Mourning
    Insomnium
    Internal Bleeding
    Leaves Eyes
    Majestic Downfall
    Masterplan
    Metsatoll
    Naglfar
    Necrophobic
    Obscura
    October Tide
    Primal Fear
    Psychostick
    Revenge
    Samael
    Septicflesh
    Seven Kingdoms
    Seven Spires
    Sinister
    Sirenia
    Threshold
    Triosphere
    Voivod
    Witchery
    Witherfall
    Wolfchant
    Wolfheart
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:45 am

As much as I would love it, I don't think NeO is going to get a 60 minute set.

Of the bands so far, I think only Accept will headline. Maybe with a pin in TBDM if nothing else crazy gets announced.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • FelipeS
    Oiler

by FelipeS » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:10 am

Soulfly is guaranteed 75 minutes, specially the Roots set since that album lenght is 72 minutes.
    2019 Wishlist
    ASG | Batushka | Be'lakor | Black Moth | Candlemass | Deafheaven | Dool | Harakiri for the Sky | Havok | Helloween | Iced Earth | Pentagram | Powerwolf | Primordial | Red Fang | Sanctuary | Tenacious D | Terminus | Thrawsunblat | Vektor
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:12 am

Didn't Subway to Sally get 60 minutes in 2016?
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:16 am

FelipeS wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:10 am Soulfly is guaranteed 75 minutes, specially the Roots set since that album lenght is 72 minutes.
    I guess that makes sense! I need to get to my homework...

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:59 am

Phoenix wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:45 am As much as I would love it, I don't think NeO is going to get a 60 minute set.
    As much as I hate to agree with that....you're probably right.

Maybe one 45-minute set and one 60-minute set? :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Phoenix wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:45 am As much as I would love it, I don't think NeO is going to get a 60 minute set.
    You're probably right. Wishful thinking on my part I guess.

FelipeS wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:10 am Soulfly is guaranteed 75 minutes, specially the Roots set since that album lenght is 72 minutes.
    That's including a 13 minute instrumental bonus track to close out the album though. The standard album clocks in at just under an hour.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:08 pm

acidbasement wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:12 am Didn't Subway to Sally get 60 minutes in 2016?
    I think you might be right, and if that's the case it's likely they might get 60 minutes again. I know there is a thread buried in the forum somewhere that has links to all the running orders through the years but I'm too lazy to go searching for it right now lol.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:14 pm

List looks good. I can't remember how long Tiamat's sets were in 2013 but I wouldn't be surprised to see them get an hour, even if Wildhoney is under 45 minutes.

Grim Reaper is another possibility for a 60 minute set.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:46 pm

70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Initially I didn’t believe that SOULFLY would play 75mn, because:
    1) As was mentioned, they didn’t in 2015, and neither did SEPULTURA in 2018
    2) They are sharing a slot with “another” band, so will only play one show (70K confirmed on FB that it will be one show each. They could have played 3 shows, like other bands did).

That said:
    1) Their Spotify and Last.fm numbers are very high (higher than GOJIRA on the latter)
    2) They just have a new album out, and it sounds very good (TWO songs in Liquid Metal’s current 12 songs rotation)
    3) They were preannounced as a big thing (like that means anything here, LOL)
    4) They proved that they can play the Roots show for 90mn, see below (but there are other vids that only last 45mn). Check out these bonus songs, I could take 75mn of those!

Next month they’re playing a NAILBOMB set in Canada, I would be crazy if they did that - but then, they couldn’t plug their new album.
    Weird that they decided to revive the Roots set instead of that one.

Roots Bloody Roots 1:23
    Attitude 6:08
    Cut-Throat 10:09
    Ratamahatta 14:08
    Breed Apart 18:05
    Straighthate 22:50
    Spit 29:13
    Lookaway 31:40
    Dusted 39:40
    Born Stubborn 43:36
    Itsári 48:10
    Ambush 51:42
    Endangered Species 59:48
    Dictatorshit 1:03:40
    Desperate Cry / Slave New World / Antichrist 1:08:16
    Black Metal(Venom cover) 1:14:04
    Ace of Spades(Motörhead cover) 1:18:40
    Roots Bloody Roots(Reprise, fast version with Slayer's "Raining Blood intro) 1:22:20
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:17 am

Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:55 pm

Dark Funeral got 60 minute sets in 2012. On the larger ship with more bands, maybe they will be downgraded to 45 now....
    Twilight Force 45 minute sets in 2016. Definitely expect them to get 45 minute sets again now.
    Unleash The Archers. Definitely another 45 minute set band.

Also as mentioned above, I fully expect Subway to Sally to get 60 minute sets.
    Coroner I would expect 60 minute sets as well. They got 60 in 2012.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:59 pm

So this is how I think it should look so far:

75 minutes ("Headliners")
    Accept
    Soulfly/Max & Igorr Roots

60 minutes
    Coroner (60 minutes in 2012)
    Dark Funeral (60 minutes in 2012)
    Eluveitie
    Ensiferum
    Nile
    Subway to Sally (60 minute sets in 2016)
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    Tiamat (60 minute sets in 2013)

45 minutes
    Arkona
    Delain
    God Dethroned
    Gloryhammer
    Grim Reaper
    Heidevolk
    In Vain
    Ne Obliviscaris (would love an hour but 45 minutes is more likely)
    Onslaught
    Persefone
    Pestilence
    Twillight Force
    Unleash The Archers
    Visions of Atlantis
    Vomitory
    Warbringer
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • DavidWinter
    Oiler

by DavidWinter » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:03 am

Do you think it would be good to start some speculation about "who plays where?", in the sense of who is likely to get the pool deck and the dreadful pyramid lounge?
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:22 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:59 pm So this is how I think it should look so far:
    Agreed, I'll update the first post.

Subway to Sally also got an hour in 2013 so I see no reason to doubt they'd get an hour again. We have seen bands that previously got an hour that end up only getting 45 (Death Angel comes to mind)....so some of these hour bands could still end up only getting 45.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:56 pm

DavidWinter wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:03 am Do you think it would be good to start some speculation about "who plays where?", in the sense of who is likely to get the pool deck and the dreadful pyramid lounge?
    Interesting idea. If you are a band that gets more than 45 minutes, you are guaranteed to not be stuck in the lounge. But even some of those that do get 45 minutes can avoid it (Primal Fear and Destruction just two examples from this year).

'smallest' bands that gets 45 minute sets = 1 Lounge set, 1 Poolstage/Ice Rink/Theatre set
    'slightly bigger' bands that get 45 minute sets = 2 Poolstage/Ice Rink/Theatre sets
    Any band that gets 60 minute sets = 2 Poolstage/Ice Rink/Theatre sets
    Any band that gets 75 minute sets = 1 Poolstage set, 1 Theatre set
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:04 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:56 pm Interesting idea. If you are a band that gets more than 45 minutes, you are guaranteed to not be stuck in the lounge. But even some of those that do get 45 minutes can avoid it (Primal Fear and Destruction just two examples from this year).

'smallest' bands that gets 45 minute sets = 1 Lounge set, 1 Poolstage/Ice Rink/Theatre set
    'slightly bigger' bands that get 45 minute sets = 2 Poolstage/Ice Rink/Theatre sets
    Any band that gets 60 minute sets = 2 Poolstage/Ice Rink/Theatre sets
    Any band that gets 75 minute sets = 1 Poolstage set, 1 Theatre set
    I'm going to throw a wrench in this and remind everyone that Aeternam had a Pyramid Lounge set AND a Pool Deck set.

EDIT: I cut myself off! Anyway, there's no real rhyme or reason as to location, except that bigger bands often get promised the Pool Deck. The rest just sort of fit into the time slots, where prime time are bigger bands and late night/early day get put to the less popular bands.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:00 pm

Obituary 60 minute sets in 2011 and 2014. Possibly still worthy of 60 in 2019?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:34 pm

Kalmah - got 60 minute sets in 2017
    Riot V - got 45 minute sets in 2015
    Mayan - a newbie (*gasps*). Probably 45 minute sets, but maybe 60?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:24 am

Fleshgod Apocalypse. Got 45 minute sets in 2016.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:30 pm

Paradise Lost - 60 minutes in 2016. Would imagine same again.
    Tristania - 45 minutes minutes in 2012. Would imagine same again.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:09 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:30 pm Paradise Lost - 60 minutes in 2016. Would imagine same again.
    Specially if you consider that they're currently touring for their 30th Anniversary
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Bloodbath - 60 minute sets in 2016. Would imagine same again.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:13 am

So we already have 12 bands that have been given 60 minutes sets in the past and 2 newbies (Accept and TBDM) that will definitely get 60-75.

I think we are still going to get one more headliner that is worthy of a 75 minute set (Unless TBDM is the third headliner). And if history is any indication we should get at least another 2-3 bigger name 60 minute set bands from now until sail date.

That leaves a pretty large amount of bands with 60 minute sets. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the bands that got 60 minute sets in the past get knocked down to 45 minutes this year.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 am

Rage and LMO. Got 75 minute sets in 2013.

Pretty sure we have our 3 'headliners' now.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:25 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 am Rage and LMO. Got 75 minute sets in 2013.

Pretty sure we have our 3 'headliners' now.
    Kinda have to wonder, though....would they still get 75 minute sets six years later?
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:30 am

Mors Principium Est got 45 minutes in 2017
    Bodyfarm will definitely get 45 minutes
    Sodom got 60 minutes on past cruises
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:50 pm

There's no way Rage + LMO is headliner worthy - I would have guessed that's a 45 minute band. I'm baffled at the idea of them getting 75 minutes in 2013...

It's not perfect, but I keep some statistics on each band to get a sense of 'sizing' / relative popularity ahead of time, based on Last.fm listens, Spotify listeners/followers, and Facebook likes. By those metrics, the biggest bands booked so far are Accept, Soulfly, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, and the Black Dahlia Murder (depending on which metric you weigh heavier).

I can buy Accept as a headliner, but Soulfly is way too out of the mainstream of what 70k focuses on to be a full 75 minute headliner, and the same for Black Dahlia Murder. Rage is, as far as I can tell, not even in the top 50% of the most listened to bands on the boat so far, so that makes no sense at all. Also, I don't think in general the 'special set' bands generally also have headline sets, that I can remember - all of them I can recall are 60 minutes only.

Maybe I'm deluding myself - and history is definitely against me here - but I don't think there are even two headline worthy bands on board yet. Either there are 2 more yet to be announced, or Eluveitie or Ensiferum are moving up to that status. I can totally see this a ploy by Andy to see how far out he push his 'desirable' announcements and still fill the boat without it.
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Fulorian wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:50 pm There's no way Rage + LMO is headliner worthy - I would have guessed that's a 45 minute band. I'm baffled at the idea of them getting 75 minutes in 2013...

It's not perfect, but I keep some statistics on each band to get a sense of 'sizing' / relative popularity ahead of time, based on Last.fm listens, Spotify listeners/followers, and Facebook likes. By those metrics, the biggest bands booked so far are Accept, Soulfly, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, and the Black Dahlia Murder (depending on which metric you weigh heavier).

I can buy Accept as a headliner, but Soulfly is way too out of the mainstream of what 70k focuses on to be a full 75 minute headliner, and the same for Black Dahlia Murder. Rage is, as far as I can tell, not even in the top 50% of the most listened to bands on the boat so far, so that makes no sense at all. Also, I don't think in general the 'special set' bands generally also have headline sets, that I can remember - all of them I can recall are 60 minutes only.

Maybe I'm deluding myself - and history is definitely against me here - but I don't think there are even two headline worthy bands on board yet. Either there are 2 more yet to be announced, or Eluveitie or Ensiferum are moving up to that status. I can totally see this a ploy by Andy to see how far out he push his 'desirable' announcements and still fill the boat without it.
    I agree, and secretly share the same hope.
    But I've abandoned hope for this edition long ago... (hope for something bigger than what we already have)

SOULFLY got 60mn in 2016, but they seem to have become bigger since then.
    On the opposite, RAGE+LMO was a novelty in 2013 because they had a new album together, but who remembers them today?
    So I wouldn't rule out a co-headliner announced at the last minute.

Spotify monthly listeners:
    ACCEPT 534,192
    SOULFLY 389,178
    ELUVETIE 322,521
    ENSIFERUM 226,201
    THE BLACK DALIAH MURDER 153,144
    RAGE 60,082
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:45 am

Yeah I actually think you are right about LMO.

While I don't think they will be relegated to 45 minutes, probably 60 minute sets from them is more appropriate today.

Even though I have no interest in them at ALL, Soulfly playing Sepultura is a no-brainer for headliner though.

TBDM are huge, but not overly huge with the 70K audience...

This is all speculation though - which is the point of this is it not? :P We won't know until we see the running order.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:16 am

But even SEPULTURA got 60mn this year.
    You’re right that this year nothing is clear at this late point, which leaves hope, which I gave up for.

BTW we’re being armchair coaches here, co-headliner status does not really matter to me, it’s just speculation about “bigger” bands.
    Andreas Kissers’ “60mn” perfect riffs amplified across the stage with reverb made me “shit my pants” more than any announcement could do.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:48 am

TBH i only see Accept as headliner material atm.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:46 am

After hearing Mors Principium Est this past Sunday, I hope they get (at least) a 60 minute set. They were incredible!
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 am

meshuggah wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:46 am After hearing Mors Principium Est this past Sunday, I hope they get (at least) a 60 minute set. They were incredible!
    Mors is pretty much guaranteed to be a 45 minute set. They played 45 minutes in 2017 and, outside of being popular with the 70k crowd, aren't a really big name band in the grand scheme of things. Hell, even Insomnium still got a 45 minute set in 2018... that one right there was a crime, but what can you do.
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:32 am

At any other fest you may be right, they are quite underrated. However, for 70k i think they deserve to get more time. The cruise crowd likes them as one can see from their high rank at wishlists.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 am

Ethrivas wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:32 am At any other fest you may be right, they are quite underrated. However, for 70k i think they deserve to get more time. The cruise crowd likes them as one can see from their high rank at wishlists.
    You say that like NeO is getting more than 45 minutes. And they're CONSISTENTLY one of the most requested bands on the forum.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:55 am

Phoenix wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 am You say that like NeO is getting more than 45 minutes. And they're CONSISTENTLY one of the most requested bands on the forum.
    True Dat. Dunno, i just wanna see more Andy solos :D
Post Reply 92 posts