Post Reply 250 posts
70K 2019 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

70K 2019 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by Pellaz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 pm

New year, new thread. Gotta start thinking about where and when. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

Re: 70K 2019 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by slayergeek » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 pm New year, new thread. Gotta start thinking about where and when. :headbanger:
    Do you want me to add this as a 'Cruiser Organized Event' is the app, or would that be too much attention?
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:32 pm

I propose we hold it in the escape room. How many sets will we miss?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:04 am

mooyagi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:32 pm I propose we hold it in the escape room. How many sets will we miss?
    Will depend on how many beers we've had!! :chug:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:31 am

Does the Schooner Bar still exist? It had lots of seating and usually has a chill bartender, but everyone hangs out on the promenade when they get on the boat.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:10 pm

Phoenix wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:31 am Does the Schooner Bar still exist? It had lots of seating and usually has a chill bartender, but everyone hangs out on the promenade when they get on the boat.
    Yep its still on Deck 4.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 am

Whenever and wherever it happens I'll be there. This will be my 4th boat but I've only been forum active this year, so. Count me in.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:10 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:31 am Does the Schooner Bar still exist? It had lots of seating and usually has a chill bartender, but everyone hangs out on the promenade when they get on the boat.
    Yep its still on Deck 4.
    In that case, my vote is at the Schooner Bar, BEFORE the Muster Drill. Just in case some sick band opens the boat again. Plus, Deck 4 is not too far from most of the Muster locations.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:20 pm

Phoenix wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:00 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:10 pm
    Yep its still on Deck 4.
    In that case, my vote is at the Schooner Bar, BEFORE the Muster Drill. Just in case some sick band opens the boat again. Plus, Deck 4 is not too far from most of the Muster locations.
    That sounds like a good plan.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:32 pm

What about the funny labels to identify ourselves? Who wants to volunteer for those?
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:19 am

I'll be there for sure. This year we're flying from Spain 5 days before the cruise, so no jet lag to worry about that makes me take a power nap before the muster drill.

I totally loved the "hail satan" stickers, can we get more of those?
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:39 am

slayergeek wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:27 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 pm New year, new thread. Gotta start thinking about where and when. :headbanger:
    Do you want me to add this as a 'Cruiser Organized Event' is the app, or would that be too much attention?
    I'd think it would draw too much attention and people that have no-clue what the forum is or participate here would over run us.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:14 am

Bob wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:39 am
    I'd think it would draw too much attention and people that have no-clue what the forum is or participate here would over run us.
    Fair enough
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Bob wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:39 am
    Concur.

For a second I exulted "oooh, yeah, we can make it into the Big Time!"...and then the same thoughts occurred to me. Better to keep it (somewhat) low key. Y'know, to keep out the riff-raff. :lol:

BTW, the Schooner Bar works fine for me. We'd been holding the meet'n'greet upstairs near the sports court, but there is 100% less alcohol available for purchase there. And besides, it was always a little hard to find. :mrgreen:

Time....I'd suggest 2:30 or maybe 3 pm at the latest. Muster is usually around 4 pm and that would give us some time to get settled and explore the ship and get lousy pizza before the meet'n'greet.

Re: the "Hail Satan" name-stickers, I think user "Daenerys" made them in the past, but she hasn't been on the Forum lately. Probably busy gettin' it on with Jon "my last name used to be" Snow. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 pm

I still have the template I used to print them in 2016. I'll have to check the print room at work to see if I can "borrow" the right sticker paper.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 am

I vote for the Schooner Bar. As long as we have booze, anyplace is fine by me.

We shall put the meeting place and time in big bold letters....

SOMETHING LIKE THIS, SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:37 am

I am usually in the Schooner Bar prepping (drinking) for the muster drill so this should make it easy for me!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Speedy wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 pm I still have the template I used to print them in 2016. I'll have to check the print room at work to see if I can "borrow" the right sticker paper.
    Awesome, was it you who made up the original "Hail Satan" design? Two years ago I had band members asking me where they could get theirs. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:25 pm

Pellaz wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:23 pm
    Speedy wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 pm I still have the template I used to print them in 2016. I'll have to check the print room at work to see if I can "borrow" the right sticker paper.
    Awesome, was it you who made up the original "Hail Satan" design? Two years ago I had band members asking me where they could get theirs. :lol:
    Hehehe - yeah I got a lot of comments about mine too! Would love another Hail Satan speedy!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Then say no more. Hail Satan it is! :bmhorns:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:48 pm

I'm still here! I just have weird work hours so I don't post much. I think I still have a bunch of Hail Satan stickers left over - I just can't remember if I had the year on them or not, I'll check. Schooner bar preferred for sure btw :bangers:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Daenerys wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:48 pm I'm still here! I just have weird work hours so I don't post much. I think I still have a bunch of Hail Satan stickers left over - I just can't remember if I had the year on them or not, I'll check. Schooner bar preferred for sure btw :bangers:
    Awesome, let us know!

By the way, Pellaz was defaming you with some "Jon Snow" :lol:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Haha I saw that. Tried to quote it but couldn't get it right since I'm on my cellphone with the shitty new forum layout :roll:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:44 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:54 pm
    Daenerys wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:48 pm I'm still here! I just have weird work hours so I don't post much. I think I still have a bunch of Hail Satan stickers left over - I just can't remember if I had the year on them or not, I'll check. Schooner bar preferred for sure btw :bangers:
    Awesome, let us know!

By the way, Pellaz was defaming you with some "Jon Snow" :lol:
    WHY I OUGHTTA-- :lol:

Besides, what defamation? He's got royal blood. :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:18 pm

The problem with those stickers is that they’re not reusable, though.
    I can bring a neat portable tattoo kit, assuming there’s not too much wind:

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:11 am

This might be a dumb idea, but I was thinking about it last night ...

What if we create some sort of rank stripes for the forum people? Not just a copy of the Navy stripes, but a design mix with some metal iconography. Hell, if the designs are good we could even manufacture those and give them in each Meet N Greet, as part of a ceremony.

What are your thoughts?
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:16 am

cegr80 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:11 am This might be a dumb idea, but I was thinking about it last night ...

What if we create some sort of rank stripes for the forum people? Not just a copy of the Navy stripes, but a design mix with some metal iconography. Hell, if the designs are good we could even manufacture those and give them in each Meet N Greet, as part of a ceremony.

What are your thoughts?
    That sounds like a lot of work for very little payoff, but the payoff is super fucking cool, so, I'm all for it. Maybe make them like patches, for battle jackets.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:34 am

PotatoPotahto wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:16 am
    cegr80 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:11 am This might be a dumb idea, but I was thinking about it last night ...

What are your thoughts?
    That sounds like a lot of work for very little payoff, but the payoff is super fucking cool, so, I'm all for it. Maybe make them like patches, for battle jackets.
    It DOES sound like a lot of work.
    How would the ranking be determined? Number of posts? Years on 70K?
    If someone's rank changes, would the rank stripes be updateable?
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:34 am How would the ranking be determined? Number of posts? Years on 70K?
    By number of posts. It's the most official way of doing it since there are moderators tracking all post numbers
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:34 am If someone's rank changes, would the rank stripes be updateable?
    Of course! That would make it more exciting, I believe
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 pm

cegr80 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:34 am How would the ranking be determined? Number of posts? Years on 70K?
    By number of posts. It's the most official way of doing it since there are moderators tracking all post numbers
    Okay, makes sense, although I'd really hate to see "post bloat" start occurring, where people post useless or unnecessary shit just to bump up their post-counts. I've seen this happen on the CruiseCritics boards, and that was without any discrete prize or reward (other than forum rank).
    cegr80 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:34 am If someone's rank changes, would the rank stripes be updateable?
    Of course! That would make it more exciting, I believe
    "Sorry, Andy, you might be Da Skipper, but you only get a couple of rank stripes. Mooyagi over there has enough stripes, 'scrambled eggs' and braids to be a Fleet Admiral." :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:33 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 pm Mooyagi over there has enough stripes, 'scrambled eggs' and braids to be a Fleet Admiral." :lol:
    I hardly post anymore and nobody will ever come close to me. :lol:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:55 am

mooyagi wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:33 pm I hardly post anymore and nobody will ever come close to me. :lol:
    You are the all-Mighty
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:06 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 pm Okay, makes sense, although I'd really hate to see "post bloat" start occurring, where people post useless or unnecessary shit just to bump up their post-counts. I've seen this happen on the CruiseCritics boards, and that was without any discrete prize or reward (other than forum rank).
    If I'm not mistaken, moderators here can detect if some forum users are just post-bumping. You can always tell them apart, too
  • CherryThorne
    Oiler

by CherryThorne » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:53 am

Count 4 of us in...Let me know if time or place changes..
    Is it still 2:30 or 3 deck 4 Schooner bar? How do I grab name tags
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:59 pm

mooyagi wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:33 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 pm Mooyagi over there has enough stripes, 'scrambled eggs' and braids to be a Fleet Admiral." :lol:
    I hardly post anymore and nobody will ever come close to me. :lol:
    You stopped posting like 3 years ago and still tower over everyone. I logged on the laptop tonight just to take a peak and fuck this new forum is god awful even on a PC.

Ill have to bring up the stickers again as a reminder, apparently I dont know where they would be to see if there is a year :lol:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:28 pm

CherryThorne wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:53 am Count 4 of us in...Let me know if time or place changes..
    Is it still 2:30 or 3 deck 4 Schooner bar? How do I grab name tags
    Yes, we're making it 2:30 at the Schooner Bar (Deck 4), but people can always show up afterwards.
    Assuming someone can make them and bring them, nametags will be distributed there.

We'll be easy to spot. We'll be wearing metal band t-shirts and jeans, or maybe a bathing suit. :lol:
    ...But seriously, I'll plan on wearing a (hopefully) unique t-shirt and post it here before sailing, and others can do the same.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • CherryThorne
    Oiler

by CherryThorne » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:07 am

Awesome... I guess we're all be wearing metal shirts I can't wait to see your "unique" t-shirt... Avery intriguing!! 2:30 it is... If nobody else offers I guess I could print out a few does anyone have a particular jpeg that they would like to send me and how many do you think I would need to make?... I thought I saw some lady say she was the one that made them.. did anybody get in touch with her first?
    Cheers,
    Cherrys Thorne
    5th cruise
    Cabin #9221
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:33 am

Thanks, @CherryThorne. If you could please print and bring say, 20 of them. Here's the design that has the most acceptance between forumers:

• CherryThorne
    Oiler

by CherryThorne » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:10 am

Since I've never been to forum meet & greets.. could you give me the dimensions.. I assume they are peel off and stick on?
    Thanks for the jpeg
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:46 am

CherryThorne wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:07 am Awesome... I guess we're all be wearing metal shirts I can't wait to see your "unique" t-shirt... Avery intriguing!! 2:30 it is... If nobody else offers I guess I could print out a few does anyone have a particular jpeg that they would like to send me and how many do you think I would need to make?... I thought I saw some lady say she was the one that made them.. did anybody get in touch with her first?
    Cheers,
    Cherrys Thorne
    5th cruise
    Cabin #9221
    I might be the only one not in a metal shirt, ha! I actually don't have very many. I don't like the weight of most metal shirts :( (that sounds rather funny). At least more tours are starting to sell tanktops! Perhaps I'll have a collection some day.
Post Reply 250 posts