Post Reply 61 posts
Fort lauderdale
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

Re: Fort lauderdale

by Masterbas » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:52 am

AstridDragon wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 am
    Razor Ramon wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:18 pm I stay in Ft.Lauderdale but party in Miami.
    I'm considering that. You uber down there or what
    Last year I rented a car and drove from Fort Lauderdale, but this year I'll uber it up, from Hollywood though, so it's a bit closer.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:59 am

I'm booking flights and hotels this week (I'm procrastinating so hard), but I'll be staying either in Hollywood or near the port. If enough cruisers are taking an Uber down to the party, I could be persuaded to tag along. I miss swimming.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:36 am

Phoenix wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:59 am I'm booking flights and hotels this week (I'm procrastinating so hard), but I'll be staying either in Hollywood or near the port. If enough cruisers are taking an Uber down to the party, I could be persuaded to tag along. I miss swimming.
    Oh it would be awesome to ride share if more people are staying near the port! I'd definitely be down. Otherwise I might have a chill night nearby and be ready to party on the boat.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:46 am

AstridDragon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:36 am
    Phoenix wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:59 am I'm booking flights and hotels this week (I'm procrastinating so hard), but I'll be staying either in Hollywood or near the port. If enough cruisers are taking an Uber down to the party, I could be persuaded to tag along. I miss swimming.
    Oh it would be awesome to ride share if more people are staying near the port! I'd definitely be down. Otherwise I might have a chill night nearby and be ready to party on the boat.
    Guess I need to figure that out then :lol: I'll look at hotels today or tomorrow. I actually did book flights yesterday, but today I have an appointment over lunch

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 am

Phoenix wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:46 am
    AstridDragon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:36 am
    Guess I need to figure that out then :lol: I'll look at hotels today or tomorrow. I actually did book flights yesterday, but today I have an appointment over lunch
    AirBnB duuuude! So much cheaper. Unless you've had bad experiences with it in the area, or idk prefer hotel amenities. Mine were $50 or less a night. You can get even cheaper with hostel style ones but fuck that, already rooming with randos on the cruise, a night to myself will be nice.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:22 am

AstridDragon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 am AirBnB duuuude! So much cheaper. Unless you've had bad experiences with it in the area, or idk prefer hotel amenities. Mine were $50 or less a night. You can get even cheaper with hostel style ones but fuck that, already rooming with randos on the cruise, a night to myself will be nice.
    I'm not trusting enough to use AirBnB lol. I don't mind paying extra for a little more piece of mind.

I'm an engineer, so it's not like I can't afford it :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:33 am

Phoenix wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:22 am
    AstridDragon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 am AirBnB duuuude! So much cheaper. Unless you've had bad experiences with it in the area, or idk prefer hotel amenities. Mine were $50 or less a night. You can get even cheaper with hostel style ones but fuck that, already rooming with randos on the cruise, a night to myself will be nice.
    I'm not trusting enough to use AirBnB lol. I don't mind paying extra for a little more piece of mind.

Oh cool!

I've not had a bad experience with AirBnB yet, so I'm down for the savings... more beer/merch whathave you!
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:54 am

AstridDragon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:33 am

Oh cool!

I've not had a bad experience with AirBnB yet, so I'm down for the savings... more beer/merch whathave you!
    AirBnB is kind of a lottery but with good odds. You can have a bad experience, but most of the times it is absolutely great. I understand Phoenix's point of view, I feel the same sometimes. Depends on the mood/occasion, but the whole privacy thing is neat to have, even if it implies paying more for it
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:46 am

cegr80 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:54 am
    AstridDragon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:33 am

Oh cool!

AirBnB is kind of a lottery but with good odds. You can have a bad experience, but most of the times it is absolutely great. I understand Phoenix's point of view, I feel the same sometimes. Depends on the mood/occasion, but the whole privacy thing is neat to have, even if it implies paying more for it
    Oh for sure, depends! I get it.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:52 pm

AstridDragon wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 am
    Razor Ramon wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:18 pm I stay in Ft.Lauderdale but party in Miami.
    I'm considering that. You uber down there or what
    I rent a car for Tuesday and Wednesday. It's pretty cheap from FLL.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Voivodeh!
    Oiler

by Voivodeh! » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:20 pm

glad I had free cancellation! decided riptide was too $$$, got a airbnb for half the price close to the port. I get there three days before so ya I'm up for uber to the clevelander on the 30th if anyone else is into it.
    2015 - 7616
    2019 - 9694
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:34 pm

Voivodeh! wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:20 pm glad I had free cancellation! decided riptide was too $$$, got a airbnb for half the price close to the port. I get there three days before so ya I'm up for uber to the clevelander on the 30th if anyone else is into it.
    I think I'm down!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 am

AstridDragon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:34 pm I think I'm down!
    I gotta ask.....is your username from How To Train Your Dragon?
    If so, that's awesome! :headbanger:
    If not, it's still pretty awesome. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:03 pm

I think I'm down too, but maybe we should meet somewhere since I'm a little closer to the airport than the port. Taco Bar maybe? :lol:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 am
    AstridDragon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:34 pm I think I'm down!
    I gotta ask.....is your username from How To Train Your Dragon?
    If so, that's awesome! :headbanger:
    If not, it's still pretty awesome. :lol:
    Actually it's not! Surprisingly it came about long before those movies did, but now I get asked about it a lot! I love Astrid from HTTYD so no probs from me.
    Decius88
    Oiler

by Decius88 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:50 am

I know its not the safest but i'm flying out the day before the cruise, and should be there in the evening the night before we depart. I can't be gone too long unfortunately, so I am staying at a hotel close to the port for the night before, and the night when we get back with a flight the next morning. Wish I had more time though I would have loved to stay in the area an extra day or two and explore! i'm just hoping i'll have time and energy on the day we get back to do stuff that day as we are supposed to dock in the morning. I'd love to go to see the everglades.
    David Carmichael
    British Columbia Canada

Wish List:
    Alestorm|AmonAmarth|ArchEnemy|AtTheGates|AlienWeaponry|CattleDecapitation|DimmuBorgir|ExDeo|Gojira|Jinjer|LambofGod|Liberatia|Rammstein|Slipknot|TamaHills|Testament|The Agonist|Whitechapel
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:37 pm

Decius88 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:50 am I know its not the safest but i'm flying out the day before the cruise, and should be there in the evening the night before we depart. I can't be gone too long unfortunately, so I am staying at a hotel close to the port for the night before, and the night when we get back with a flight the next morning.
    You should be okay with a flight the day before; people do that a lot for cruises. If something goes wrong, you'd have a chance to get rebooked for later that same day or if all else fails, on an early red-eye on embark day.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • CherryThorne
    Oiler

by CherryThorne » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:40 am

jurjenmetal wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:58 am Who is in fort lauderdale before the cruise :bmhorns:
    4 of us in Ft.Laud night before cruise... Free happy hour at our hotel
    hornile
    Oiler

by hornile » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Amalu wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:39 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pmPlans are still liquid, but currently will be in Orlando right up until the day before so we can do family stuff like Universal Studios, Disney, etc with my son.
    We are currently planing Disney after the cruise as our return flight leaves from Orlando on the 7th.

We‘re heading to Orlando as well. Where are you staying there?
    Disney all the time?
    70k 2013 survivor
    (cabin 6040)

70k 2015 survivor
    (cabin 7275)

70k 2016 survivor
    (cabin 9284)

70k 2019 survived

70k 2020 survived

70k 2023 survived

70k 2024 ....of course!!!!
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:44 am

hornile wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:37 pm
    Amalu wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:39 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pmPlans are still liquid, but currently will be in Orlando right up until the day before so we can do family stuff like Universal Studios, Disney, etc with my son.
    We are currently planing Disney after the cruise as our return flight leaves from Orlando on the 7th.

We‘re heading to Orlando as well. Where are you staying there?
    Disney all the time?
    The night from Feb 4th to 5th in Quality Inn & Suites by the Lake. And then from Feb 5th to 7th at Disney's All-Star Music Resort.
    So Disney most of the time. ;)

And yourself?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:01 am

My plans changed :)

Will now be flying into FLL the day before the cruise and staying near the port.

Then after the cruise renting a car and driving up to Orlando, staying at the Wyndham near Disney Marketplace.

Haven't decided which day gonna visit universal yet but either the 5th or the 6th of Feb :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation