Post Reply 250 posts
70K 2019 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 70K 2019 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:31 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:47 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:03 pm Also remember for late-night that the Windjammer and Johnny Rockets were both open much later than their normal non-70K hours, so don't dismiss that possibility out of hand. I remember being disappointed last year when we found the Windjammer closed between 5 pm and 7 pm (SERIOUSLY?!) but then the flipside was that it was open until at least 3 am for us. Not sure if that was on every night, but it was definitely open that late at least one night...and it was good. Except the hamburgers; those were still terrible. :P
    This seriously SUCKED. I absolutely complained about that on my survey. Thank fuck for the café. The trick with the sandwiches being small (they weren't that bad for me but maybe I don't eat much) was to have one as a snack, two or three for anything more substantial. They don't care, just ask for as many as you want. Motherfuckers. Close the food buffet right before primetime why don't you...
    We were dumbfounded when we walked around the corner at 6pm and found the Windjammer closed. I think that was the one time we went to Johnny Rockets last cruise. We could have gone to the MDR for "nice" dinner, but we didn't think we had the time between sets, and frankly the food there wasn't as good as it should have been.

If the tradeoff was to have the WJ open really late for us, cool...but do a better job of TELLING us about it.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:37 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:47 pmThis seriously SUCKED. I absolutely complained about that on my survey. Thank fuck for the café. The trick with the sandwiches being small (they weren't that bad for me but maybe I don't eat much) was to have one as a snack, two or three for anything more substantial. They don't care, just ask for as many as you want. Motherfuckers. Close the food buffet right before primetime why don't you...
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't fuck around with @Phoenix when it comes to food
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:12 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:03 pm Also remember for late-night that the Windjammer and Johnny Rockets were both open much later than their normal non-70K hours, so don't dismiss that possibility out of hand. I remember being disappointed last year when we found the Windjammer closed between 5 pm and 7 pm (SERIOUSLY?!) but then the flipside was that it was open until at least 3 am for us. Not sure if that was on every night, but it was definitely open that late at least one night...and it was good. Except the hamburgers; those were still terrible. :P
    I think the new sports bar is open late too now, but food isn't free there. Those late night Windjammer hamburgers are awful. If I remember correctly, it's a very limited spread in there for the late night options but it was available every night on the last cruise. The Sorrentos on Independence is much better than the one on Majesty. And the current one is still not great.

Also, that damned cafe always seemed to run out of the sandwich or roll I wanted just before I would get in line. :bitch:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:31 pm If the tradeoff was to have the WJ open really late for us, cool...but do a better job of TELLING us about it.
    I'm pretty sure the late night hours were shown in the Cruise Compass. ;)

I agree on the shit dinnertime hours for the Windjammer. Whenever we had a break in our band schedule it would exactly match the hours the buffet was closed.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:19 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:37 pm And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't fuck around with @Phoenix when it comes to food
    The food I DO get to eat is already so limited... this last cruise I had a lot of fish.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:44 pm

mooyagi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:12 pm
    I think the new sports bar is open late too now, but food isn't free there.
    It might be open late for US, regardless of its "normal cruise" hours.
    Not sure I'd want to pay $9 for a no-doubt average burger or swallow my pride and have a slice or two at Sorrento's. :twisted:
    Those late night Windjammer hamburgers are awful. If I remember correctly, it's a very limited spread in there for the late night options but it was available every night on the last cruise.
    The hot dogs were...edible...but the hamburgers were the worst I've had in a decade. I couldn't finish one and I'm not one to leave food on the table, as perhaps you can tell from my size. :lol:
    We actually thought the Windjammer's late-night offerings (aside from the aforementioned hamburgers) were pretty good, although my friend Derek is still wondering about all the mashed potatoes. :D
    The Sorrentos on Independence is much better than the one on Majesty. And the current one is still not great.
    Whew, that's BAD, then. At least the Majesty has the Compass Deli to make up for it. No other ship in the fleet has one, and I really liked it.
    Also, that damned cafe always seemed to run out of the sandwich or roll I wanted just before I would get in line. :bitch:
    Yep, happened to me a time or two at the café.
    On the Liberty in 2015 I had this amazing ability to arrive at the Windjammer mere seconds before or after they were taking down the buffet, and the buffet had all sorts of weird dishes that none of us recognized...and my companions were from Sweden. :shock:
    I'm pretty sure the late night hours were shown in the Cruise Compass.
    Oh, they were probably were. I should have said they could've been better at calling our attention to the closed times during dinner hours, just judging from the numbers of disappointed, starving metalheads who, like us, were turned away at the doors.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:02 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:44 pm At least the Majesty has the Compass Deli to make up for it. No other ship in the fleet has one, and I really liked it.
    Oh how I miss the Compass Deli. It was always quiet in there and the soups and paninis were great.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:55 am

2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • CherryThorne
    Oiler

by CherryThorne » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 pm New year, new thread. Gotta start thinking about where and when. :headbanger:
    I got the meet-and-greet hail Satan peel and stick name tags delivered today.... They are glorious if I knew how to upload the picture I took of them I would do it right now...
    Cheers
    CherrysThorne
    I only ordered 30 so first come first served... when we get on the boat
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:31 pm

CherryThorne wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:39 pm Image
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 pm New year, new thread. Gotta start thinking about where and when. :headbanger:
    I got the meet-and-greet hail Satan peel and stick name tags delivered today.... They are glorious if I knew how to upload the picture I took of them I would do it right now...
    Cheers
    CherrysThorne
    I only ordered 30 so first come first served... when we get on the boat
    Awesome! I'll try to get to the Meet'n'Greet a little earlier now, to avoid disappointment. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:28 am

Behold the nametags:

@CherryThorne thanks once again. There'll be only 30 available, so grab 'em while you can
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:57 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:28 am Behold the nametags:

@CherryThorne thanks once again. There'll be only 30 available, so grab 'em while you can
    Ah, they are glorious. Thanks CherryThorne! Definitely gotta get there earllyyyy
  • CherryThorne
    Oiler

by CherryThorne » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Thank you for the help in uploading...
    We'll see you real soon!! it's getting close now...
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:47 am

Awesome job, thanks!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:00 pm

Let's not forget a group photo. Last year's was excellent. Was nice to put faces to avatars.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:58 am

How many people (ish) usually attend this?
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 am

AstridDragon wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:58 am How many people (ish) usually attend this?
    I can only tell for this year. We were like 15, then there was a group of 5 rascals that decided to show up earlier than the agreed time and did not make it to the group photo
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 am

cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 am
    AstridDragon wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:58 am How many people (ish) usually attend this?
    I can only tell for this year. We were like 15, then there was a group of 5 rascals that decided to show up earlier than the agreed time and did not make it to the group photo
    Oh ok, thanks! Just curious :)
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:59 am

cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 am ... We were like 15, then there was a group of 5 rascals that decided to show up earlier than the agreed time and did not make it to the group photo
    What time are yas doing the group photo, 3:00, 3:30? When is the muster drill, 4:00?
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Awesome! Hope I can make it. My kids might keep me at the pool or Windjammer, but I'll try.

We've been using that Hail Satan design long enough that we should think about making patches or shirts.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:55 pm

I was gonna go last time but decided for beer at the pub instead. You all suck anyway. :mrgreen:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:24 pm

mooyagi wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:55 pm I was gonna go last time but decided for beer at the pub instead. You all suck anyway. :mrgreen:
    Classy. Will the Fleet Admiral of this forum grace us with its presence this time?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Stickers look awesome! We should probably have some way of restricting them just to Forum users at the meet'n'greet...at least at first. We can auction off any remaining stickers to the adoring public with funds going to CherryThorne's alcohol fund. :lol:

Bob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:59 am
    cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 am ... We were like 15, then there was a group of 5 rascals that decided to show up earlier than the agreed time and did not make it to the group photo
    What time are yas doing the group photo, 3:00, 3:30? When is the muster drill, 4:00?
    Since the meet''n'greet is starting at 2:30, I figure 3 pm would be a good time for the group photo. What say ye?
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:20 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:24 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:55 pm I was gonna go last time but decided for beer at the pub instead. You all suck anyway. :mrgreen:
    Classy. Will the Fleet Admiral of this forum grace us with its presence this time?
    Considering this meetup is at one of the bars there's a good chance. :lol: I think that was the only one I didn't at least make a brief appearance at.
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:39 am

Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Since the meet''n'greet is starting at 2:30, I figure 3 pm would be a good time for the group photo. What say ye?
    Sounds good to me!
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 am

Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:55 pmSince the meet''n'greet is starting at 2:30, I figure 3 pm would be a good time for the group photo. What say ye?
    Aye!
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:22 pm

• 4Horsemen
    Wiper

by 4Horsemen » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:20 pm

This will be my first time. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:05 pm

4Horsemen wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:20 pm This will be my first time. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
    Absolutely, come say hi. I will post some nautical terms here so you can more or less know how to find directions on the boat
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:30 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:05 pm
    4Horsemen wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:20 pm This will be my first time. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
    Absolutely, come say hi. I will post some nautical terms here so you can more or less know how to find directions on the boat
    It's easy to find the Schooner Bar. Just follow the smell of cigarette smoke to the casino and then step outside. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:30 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:05 pm
    It's easy to find the Schooner Bar. Just follow the smell of cigarette smoke to the casino and then step outside. :lol:
    :lol: That is far too accurate. Thankfully the smell doesn't seem to creep into the bar. Now walking past the stairway on the Promenade on the other hand...
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:03 am

Phew... Finished reading through most of the posts I've missed in the last weeks (or has it been months). Goddamned outside world just taking up too much of my time I would rather spend reading and posting here. :lol:

Sound fantastic. I'll definitely be there. I will bring my wife who is only a silent forum reader. I hope that's fine with you all.

Oh by the way I could print a couple more name tags without cost here in the office. They will not be high grade professional, but should do the job. Let me know if I should contribute and bring more. (I've already printed 10 as a test. Is the size okay?)

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:15 am

Amalu wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:03 am Phew... Finished reading through most of the posts I've missed in the last weeks (or has it been months). Goddamned outside world just taking up too much of my time I would rather spend reading and posting here. :lol:

Sound fantastic. I'll definitely be there. I will bring my wife who is only a silent forum reader. I hope that's fine with you all.

Oh by the way I could print a couple more name tags without cost here in the office. They will not be high grade professional, but should do the job. Let me know if I should contribute and bring more. (I've already printed 10 as a test. Is the size okay?)

That looks great! Are they sticky?
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:30 am

bodomdragon wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:15 am
    That looks great! Are they sticky?
    [/quote]

Yes, they are labels used in thermal printers in our warehouse. They stick well enough on clothing.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:49 am

Amalu wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:03 amLet me know if I should contribute and bring more. (I've already printed 10 as a test. Is the size okay?)
    Yes, please bring at least those 10, @cherrythorne will bring 30
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:03 pm

Stickers are looking awesome!
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:03 pm

I'm reposting these for the people who are not familiar with boat directions

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:49 am

cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:03 pm I'm reposting these for the people who are not familiar with boat directions
    Hopefully we won't have to get so technical as to say "port quarter" or "starboard beam." :lol:

I mean, I've read all the Horatio Hornblower and Aubrey/Maturin books, so I'm good with it, but..... :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:14 am

Well, the event poster says Deck 4 "Forward", so I wanna make sure everybody understands what forward means :viking:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:25 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:14 am Well, the event poster says Deck 4 "Forward", so I wanna make sure everybody understands what forward means :viking:
    "Deck 4, towards the pointy end of the ship."

One thing that really helps, especially for newbies, is to realize that the "ship models" on pedestals in the Promenade and the ship diagrams in the elevator lobby areas are all oriented the right way. Still, at least once every cruise I'll find myself somewhere wondering "Crap, which way is forward again?"
    I will also go to the wrong side of the ship (usually when heading to my stateroom) at least once per cruise. It's a requirement. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
Post Reply 250 posts