Post Reply 47 posts
Labadee Excursions
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

Labadee Excursions

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:22 pm

What excursions, if any, do you plan on doing? I just relaxed on the beach in Grand Turk and floated drunk in the water, and I might do the same this year ( minus the drunk part) because I will be 16 weeks prego by then and I am unsure of what options I would even have. My doctor said I could do the zipline as long as there was no possibility of me crashing, but I heard there was a "jerk" at the end of the line that makes me weary. So just wondering what everyone has planned and if anyone has any suggestions of something I could do as well that would be great too :)
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Labadee Excursions

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:26 pm

The catamaran trip around the coast was great in 2017. It was also longer than advertised, so I definitely got my bang for the buck. I did also go with Omnium Gatherum on that, a band that I love, so that did make it a bit more interesting.

So yeah, that excursion? Worthwhile. I'm probably only doing another one if there's a band I really like on it... otherwise I'm sleeping in and might not even get off the boat depending on the weather. Maybe I'll take in the escape room?

You probably SHOULD consider getting off the boat though. Being prego may make you more susceptible to getting seasick.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:31 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:26 pm The catamaran trip around the coast was great in 2017. It was also longer than advertised, so I definitely got my bang for the buck. I did also go with Omnium Gatherum on that, a band that I love, so that did make it a bit more interesting.

So yeah, that excursion? Worthwhile. I'm probably only doing another one if there's a band I really like on it... otherwise I'm sleeping in and might not even get off the boat depending on the weather. Maybe I'll take in the escape room?

You probably SHOULD consider getting off the boat though. Being prego may make you more susceptible to getting seasick.
    I didn't even consider how some of the bands lead the excursions, I would have loved to be with Omnium during that but I wasn't on board that year sadly. If NeO or Dark Funeral lead something I will probably def be all for that. I will look into the catamaran absolutely.

I also forgot about the new features on board such as the escape room, that would be a great time to take advantage of that, there is laser tag too now or did i just make that up? Haha

I will probably def get off the boat to enjoy the beach, my doctor also said to be cautious of mosquitoes. I don't remember having an issue at all in Grand Turk, do you or does anyone else remember the mosquito situation in Labadee?
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:34 pm

Oh yeah, mosquitoes. I don't recall it being an issue, but I did sunburn super easily. Definitely bring bug repellent (the good stuff) and extra sunscreen.

I wanna say the regular cruises have laser tag, but I doubt 70k will. But I asked 70000tons on Facebook and they TOLD me the escape room would be available and I am SO DOWN. :lol:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:41 pm

Yea I don't remember having a single bite but I am definitely going to bring bug spray.

I would be so down for either laser tag or the escape room. I never been an escape room and I have such terrible anxiety that I wont make it out! I know my cabin mates are going to want to go on the zipline, and it has been my top thing to do since the destination was announced but now with this new development in my life I am just on the fence. The parasailing looks awesome too, but I am also on the fence with that.
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
    taraimaro
    Oiler

by taraimaro » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:03 pm

I did snorkeling the last time in Labadee and I loved it. Also was my first time snorkeling ever. I also went snorkeling last year at Grand Turk so maybe I'll try something else this time. I'd love the flight line, but it's a bit too pricey I think, I don't want to pay 100 USD. Maybe the roller coaster then?

I have friend who did the cultural walking tour and said it was nice too. If you check the full list of excursions RCL offers in Labadee there's also "A Paradise Cove Escape and Haitian Village Experience" and "Labadee Traditions" that seem to give a glimpse of more actual Haiti, but I'm quite sure we didn't have either of those the last time so I'm a bit afraid we won't have them this time either. Let's hope I'm wrong, because I'd be really interested.

BTW, Interestingly, if you search http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacrui ... onCode=LAB they already list which band excursions there will be:
    Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise with Members of KALMAH - TOM1
    Labadee Snorkel Safari with Members of SODOM - TOM2
    Dragon's Breath Flight Line with Members of VOMITORY - TOM3
    Kayak Adventure with Members of GLORYHAMMER - TOM4
    2017 - survivor
    2018 - survivor
    2019 - survivor
    2020 - survivor
    2023 - survivor
    2024 - survivor
    2025 - I wanna go already!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:09 pm

taraimaro wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:03 pm
    BTW, Interestingly, if you search http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacrui ... onCode=LAB they already list which band excursions there will be:
    Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise with Members of KALMAH - TOM1
    Labadee Snorkel Safari with Members of SODOM - TOM2
    Dragon's Breath Flight Line with Members of VOMITORY - TOM3
    Kayak Adventure with Members of GLORYHAMMER - TOM4
    Nice pickup!! Kayaking with Gloryhammer would be EPIC :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    taraimaro
    Oiler

by taraimaro » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:18 pm

Also at least on FB the link didn't work for all but the shore excursions full list can be accessed from the link on 70K's "Our destination"-page, where it says "You can find more information on Labadee at the official Royal Caribbean website" and then "exciting tours" and then from there "shore excursions in Labadee, Haiti" http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSi ... me=labadee
    2017 - survivor
    2018 - survivor
    2019 - survivor
    2020 - survivor
    2023 - survivor
    2024 - survivor
    2025 - I wanna go already!
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:19 pm

Im a little afraid of snorkeling, idk why. I just feel uncomfortable. Do I go up for air, or do I breathe through the snorkel? Also would I be at risk of being stung by jellyfish? I heard that was an issue.

And a big hell yea for obtaining the band excursions! I am absolutely interested in that coastal cruise now haha, oh man, I might actually have to do them all now!
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:25 pm

Maan, I'm gonna lose my escape room team to the Gloryhammer kayaking :evil:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:29 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:25 pm Maan, I'm gonna lose my escape room team to the Gloryhammer kayaking :evil:
    I am torn between this and the Kalmah excursion. My cabin mate lovvvesss Gloryhammer so I might have to skip out on Kalmah and go with her.
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:53 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:22 pm but I heard there was a "jerk" at the end of the line that makes me weary
    Yes, there is a considerable "jerk" at the very end of the zip line, I've seen it on the videos.
    I did jetskis in 2017, that was super fun. I might do the zip line this time (don't really care about Vomitory)
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:00 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:53 pm
    JoAnnamayhem wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:22 pm but I heard there was a "jerk" at the end of the line that makes me weary
    Yes, there is a considerable "jerk" at the very end of the zip line, I've seen it on the videos.
    I did jetskis in 2017, that was super fun. I might do the zip line this time (don't really care about Vomitory)
    Yea judging from what I have heard and the video I just checked out I think I will be out, I want to but I don't think it will be a good idea for the baby bump. I wont even be that big by then, I doubt I will even show more then I am now but I guess better safe then sorry.
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:29 pm

The inflatable water park looked like fun last time we were in Labadee, so if we do an excursion it would be that. Most likely we'll just walk around for a bit then lounge around in the shade. Last time, Dragon's Breath Point was closed so hopefully that will be open. Also, it would be nice to make it off the boat in time for the food service.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Decius88
    Oiler

by Decius88 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 pm

No clue what i'll do yet. Last time I was in haiti was with the canadian military for disaster relief post the 2010 earthquake. From what I had seen of the country there I was really shocked to find out the cruise was stopping at a resort there. Will prob just end up drinking on the beach.
    David Carmichael
    British Columbia Canada

Wish List:
    Alestorm|AmonAmarth|ArchEnemy|AtTheGates|AlienWeaponry|CattleDecapitation|DimmuBorgir|ExDeo|Gojira|Jinjer|LambofGod|Liberatia|Rammstein|Slipknot|TamaHills|Testament|The Agonist|Whitechapel
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Did anybody go on an excursion with a band last year? A friend went hoping to get some face time with the band members. But there were like 5 buses of people that signed up to go along. It wasn't the initimate experience they were hoping for or what UMC makes it sound like when they advertize them.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Bob wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:02 pm Did anybody go on a excursion with a band last year? A friend went hoping to get some face time with the band members. But there were like 5 buses of people that signed up to go along. It wasn't the initimate experience they were hoping for or what UMC makes it sound like when they advertize them.
    I don't often do excursions at the destinations, with bands or otherwise. but did the plantation tour I think it was called, in Jamaica in 2015 with members of Cannibal Corpse.

Sat down for lunch with their bassist Alex and chatted for ages about family life, dogs, living in Florida. All kinds of stuff.

So yeah I guess its just the luck of the draw.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:17 am

mooyagi wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:29 pm The inflatable water park looked like fun last time we were in Labadee, so if we do an excursion it would be that. Most likely we'll just walk around for a bit then lounge around in the shade. Last time, Dragon's Breath Point was closed so hopefully that will be open. Also, it would be nice to make it off the boat in time for the food service.
    Be aware that the inflatables in the water park require strong upper-body strength to pull yourself up on the inflatables. They just have rope ladders and on most of them, you must be able to pull yourself up with your arms alone.
    Also, you only get an hour with the inflatables. The description really didn't make that clear and I thought it was for the whole visit. (Remember at Ocho Rios, the inflatables there were free to use all day.)

This time, I'll probably ride the alpine coaster (I don't know of any of those closer to me than Dollyworld)... and carefully avoid the Dreaded Straw Market. :evil:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • yardleybates
    Oiler

by yardleybates » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:25 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:00 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:53 pm
    Yea judging from what I have heard and the video I just checked out I think I will be out, I want to but I don't think it will be a good idea for the baby bump. I wont even be that big by then, I doubt I will even show more then I am now but I guess better safe then sorry.
    We didn't have any problems with anyone at the end of the zipline.
    2020 Wishlist Amorphis / Demons & Wizards / Gojira / Nightmare
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:36 pm

yardleybates wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:25 pm We didn't have any problems with anyone at the end of the zipline.
    "Jerk" is an expression of a sudden change in direction in this instance, not a douchebag.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Phoenix wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:36 pm
    yardleybates wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:25 pm We didn't have any problems with anyone at the end of the zipline.
    "Jerk" is an expression of a sudden change in direction in this instance, not a douchebag.
    HAHAHAHA - "Hey Phoenix, you're a considerable jerk!"

:D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:01 pm

last time, I did the zip-line which was fine yet kinda underwhelming - but at least I had something unrelated to metal&beer to tell about back home :D
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:34 pm

Hmmmm, I am still on the fence about it. As soon as Andy announced Labadee I knew instantly I was doing the zipline and now im so conflicted. I wont have much of a baby bump by then, I will only be 16 weeks. I think it seems harmless, I heard there was a good amount of hiking to get the zipline itself, is this true?
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:46 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:34 pm Hmmmm, I am still on the fence about it. As soon as Andy announced Labadee I knew instantly I was doing the zipline and now im so conflicted. I wont have much of a baby bump by then, I will only be 16 weeks. I think it seems harmless, I heard there was a good amount of hiking to get the zipline itself, is this true?
    Not a lot of hiking really. Most of the distances you travel are by a 4 wheel drive jeep type thing. It's not there is no hiking, but it is fairly short.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:50 pm

slayergeek wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:46 pm
    JoAnnamayhem wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:34 pm Hmmmm, I am still on the fence about it. As soon as Andy announced Labadee I knew instantly I was doing the zipline and now im so conflicted. I wont have much of a baby bump by then, I will only be 16 weeks. I think it seems harmless, I heard there was a good amount of hiking to get the zipline itself, is this true?
    Not a lot of hiking really. Most of the distances you travel are by a 4 wheel drive jeep type thing. It's not there is no hiking, but it is fairly short.
    Thankyou, I was told it was about an hour to reach the destination and that it was rough terrain. Maybe they were mistaken with something else.
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:39 am

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:50 pm
    slayergeek wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:46 pm
    Thankyou, I was told it was about an hour to reach the destination and that it was rough terrain. Maybe they were mistaken with something else.
    An hour to reach the zipline? Doesn't sound right, since it originates on the high ground above Labadee and goes over Adrenaline Beach, terminating not that far from the cruise-ship pier.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 pm

well, the "preparation" with its short test-line and such easily takes an hour, but there isn't much walking involved
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:49 am

last_candle wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 pm well, the "preparation" with its short test-line and such easily takes an hour, but there isn't much walking involved
    Yes, THAT part is true. Not the kind of thing you can knock off in 20 minutes.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:21 pm

I'm going on the wall excursion to look out at the real Haiti.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:58 pm

Razor Ramon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:21 pmI'm going on the wall excursion to look out at the real Haiti.
    No
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:36 am

cegr80 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:58 pm
    Razor Ramon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:21 pmI'm going on the wall excursion to look out at the real Haiti.
    No

No? Try and stop me!
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 pm

Where is my reservation number to book excursion? My booking number doesn't work
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:02 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 pm Where is my reservation number to book excursion? My booking number doesn't work
    You'll get an email from 70k Tons on the 15th, or sometime shortly after, with your RC reservation number, at which point you can check in and sign up for shore excursions.
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 pm

JamieS wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:02 pm
    TOM CRUISE wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 pm Where is my reservation number to book excursion? My booking number doesn't work
    You'll get an email from 70k Tons on the 15th, or sometime shortly after, with your RC reservation number, at which point you can check in and sign up for shore excursions.
    Thanks booked snorkeling with sodom today !
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:20 pm

My wife and I will book the snorkeling experience as well. Not so much for Sodom but for the snorkeling in the Caribbean sea experience.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:40 am

Amalu wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:20 pm My wife and I will book the snorkeling experience as well. Not so much for Sodom but for the snorkeling in the Caribbean sea experience.
    Hah, I booked the snorkeling excursion as well! Also not for Sodom, but for the snorkeling. None of the links in my e-mail worked so I did it through the cruise planner on Royal Caribbean website after checking in.
    Last edited by doomguy on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:42 am

Ive never snorkeled before. But love sodom so it was a added bonus :bangers:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:02 pm

I went ahead and booked the alpine roller-coaster for Labadee. Last time I booked the water park/coaster combo, but the water park was a waste since I didn't have the arm-strength to do it. Live and learn!
    Also booked the Surf-n-stream Internet for one device and the soda-only package.

For those who were previously registered on Royal's website and who got into your reservations before the emails from UMC went out, did you notice that the daily price for the Internet packages increased by $4 or $5/day overnight? :evil:
    2025 Wishlist:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:43 pm

WTF, they haven't added a whaling excursion with Tyr.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:29 pm

Amalu wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:20 pm My wife and I will book the snorkeling experience as well. Not so much for Sodom but for the snorkeling in the Caribbean sea experience.
    Last time we were in Labadee, Snorkel with Trollfest sold out before I could book, so I signed up for the speedboat + snorkel excursion instead. The speedboat ride was fun and a bit wild.
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
Post Reply 47 posts