Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: The United Nations Of Heavy Metal

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:24 pm

CHONTARAZ

KRISIUN

NIGHT DEMON
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 pm

Never heard of any of these 3.

Kirisiun are really not my cup of tea.

Chontaraz and Night Demon I might catch a set if there's time.
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:58 pm

NIGHT DEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:50 am

Chontaraz is a good add :bangers: And now we have our first band that's literally from Hell onbroad.
    Not familiar with Night Demon, but sounds pretty good. Krisiun is easily skippable.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:53 am

Sgt. B wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:56 pm I like KRISIUN a lot, need to check out the other two.

We're overdue for both TYR and TURISAS.
    Instead of a repeat, how about a new "T" band, Triptykon or Tribulation?
    I have 9 ‘T’ bands in my signature that would make me super happy. It won’t be any of them.
  • drrock
    Crewman

by drrock » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:36 am

Chontaraz sound good! Good enough for one set anyway.

Night Demon !! FINALLY!!! Definitely a two-setter for me!! Good old metal.
    Saw them in my home town yrs ago @ their very beginning in front of 21 (!!) people in the audience but they played their asses off this time and all the times I´ve seen them since then. They´re born for the stage! Check them out.
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:54 am

Krisiun solid addition, will check the others.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:08 am

Im surprised Krisiun isnt more well known, I always considered them a big name. Oh well
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:45 am

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:08 am Im surprised Krisiun isnt more well known, I always considered them a big name. Oh well
    Same. A little surprised that they're a Cripper announcement.

Tribulation or Turisas for "T" would make me extremely happy.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:06 am

Gratch wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:45 am
    JoAnnamayhem wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:08 am Im surprised Krisiun isnt more well known, I always considered them a big name. Oh well

Krisiun & Night Demon are NOT Cripper Bands
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 am

Krisiun is absolutely not, but if we go by last.fm listeners, Night Demon very much are.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 am

meshuggah wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:06 am

I'd tend to agree, but have always thought that any band announced in one of those three-bands-at-once was considered to be a Cripper band by default.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:37 am

Gratch wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 am
    meshuggah wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:06 am

I'd tend to agree, but have always thought that any band announced in one of those three-bands-at-once was considered to be a Cripper band by default.
    Tengger Cavalry or The Hu are considered a Cripper bands, Come on Andy!!! :heavydrink:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Online Check-In for 70000TONS OF METAL 2019

by Andy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Sailors! We're only a few short weeks away from Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. I hope you are getting as excited as I am!

Online Check-In codes for 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 will be sent out beginning on Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 to all fully Paid, Booked and Ticketed passengers. Please be patient as it may take up to 48 hours for the system to send all codes. If you do not receive yours within 48 hours of us sending the codes, please make sure to check your spam folder and contact us.

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Online Check-In for 70000TONS OF METAL 2019

by Gratch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:44 pm

Anyone else getting a little nervous that the airports will be completely clusterfucked due to the government shutdown? I imagine another couple weeks of TSA agents and air traffic controllers not getting paid are going to make things awfully messy.

I actually started looking into cross-country driving options today. You know, just in case. 38 hours...oof.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Gratch wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:44 pm Anyone else getting a little nervous that the airports will be completely clusterfucked due to the government shutdown? I imagine another couple weeks of TSA agents and air traffic controllers not getting paid are going to make things awfully messy.

I actually started looking into cross-country driving options today. You know, just in case. 38 hours...oof.
    Yeah agreed!!

Also, in order for us Aussies to travel to the USA we need to get "Visa Waivers". These used to be a basically instant deal - submit online, pay a few dollars and all done. THEN it got Trumped and you had to allow 72 hours.

But with this current scenario, I'm worried it may take even longer!

Reason for the worry and why I haven't done it yet is that I cannot get one for my son until his passport arrives, and it won't arrive until next week sometime!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Gratch wrote: Anyone else getting a little nervous that the airports will be completely clusterfucked due to the government shutdown? I imagine another couple weeks of TSA agents and air traffic controllers not getting paid are going to make things awfully messy.
    I don't know enough about how the US pay structure works to REALLY comment, though I guess it could? My dad says the payment crisis isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but my dad is also a conspiracy theorist.

Either way, my connection getting to Florida is in Canada, and a day early. And for getting home, I have an extra day off work if I need it. These are the sort of reasons you book yourself a cushion day when you travel, especially for 70k. This is also why I don't plan on visiting the States after this trip any time soon...

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Phoenix wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:50 pm I don't know enough about how the US pay structure works to REALLY comment, though I guess it could? My dad says the payment crisis isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but my dad is also a conspiracy theorist.
    Without any political commentary (I have lots of thoughts on this whole situation, but those are for another place and time), here's the deal.

No one who works in airport security (TSA) or air traffic control is getting paid right now. While they will likely get back pay if/when the government re-opens, they are literally working for free right now. Their paychecks today all said $0, even though they put in full time for two weeks.

That might not be an issue for some people, but a TSA agent isn't exactly a high paying job, and lots of these folks were already living paycheck to paycheck to begin with. There's lots of reports already of "sick outs", with significant numbers of TSA agents calling in sick to go drive Uber or do something else simply so they can make ends meet.

Now amplify that situation by a couple more weeks of people not getting paid, and air travel will truly be a clusterfuck...if the airports function at all.

(Full disclosure: I'm a federal government contractor, with one of my primary clients being DHS/TSA)

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Gratch wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:05 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:50 pm I don't know enough about how the US pay structure works to REALLY comment, though I guess it could? My dad says the payment crisis isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but my dad is also a conspiracy theorist.
    Without any political commentary (I have lots of thoughts on this whole situation, but those are for another place and time), here's the deal.

No one who works in airport security (TSA) or air traffic control is getting paid right now. While they will likely get back pay if/when the government re-opens, they are literally working for free right now. Their paychecks today all said $0, even though they put in full time for two weeks.

That might not be an issue for some people, but a TSA agent isn't exactly a high paying job, and lots of these folks were already living paycheck to paycheck to begin with. There's lots of reports already of "sick outs", with significant numbers of TSA agents calling in sick to go drive Uber or do something else simply so they can make ends meet.

Now amplify that situation by a couple more weeks of people not getting paid, and air travel will truly be a clusterfuck...if the airports function at all.

(Full disclosure: I'm a federal government contractor, with one of my primary clients being DHS/TSA)
    At YYZ (Toronto airport) the customs checks and declaration and stuff are on the Canadian side of the border, do you know if that's going to be affected the same way as airports actually physically in the USA? I'm not knowledgeable enough about this kind of thing to know that.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:48 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:53 pm
    Gratch wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:05 pm

At YYZ (Toronto airport) the customs checks and declaration and stuff are on the Canadian side of the border, do you know if that's going to be affected the same way as airports actually physically in the USA? I'm not knowledgeable enough about this kind of thing to know that.
    This seems to be a pretty good summary from the Canadian perspective. Sounds like folks just need to make sure they arrive plenty early.

Apologies for the thread derail...

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:23 am

What is worrisome is that airport delays wouldn’t just impact us, they would also impact bands, crews, and equipment.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:10 am

Godflesh wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:23 am What is worrisome is that airport delays wouldn’t just impact us, they would also impact bands, crews, and equipment.
    Cowboy’s post got me thinking about that as well. I don’t do much international travel, but would assume that band members and crew would need similar government visas, permits, passports, etc. If none of those approvals are being processed because of the shutdown, there won’t be anything they can do to get on the boat.

I hate this timeline...

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    TheMightyBattlePenis
    Oiler

by TheMightyBattlePenis » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:53 pm

These aren't "cripper" announcements. People in the forum are just making that shit up. They've even had Overkill on these multi-band announcements
    Forcefully ravaged and pillaged 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:48 pm

TheMightyBattlePenis wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:53 pmThese aren't "cripper" announcements. People in the forum are just making that shit up. They've even had Overkill on these multi-band announcements
    My understanding is that a Cripper band is defined as a debut band on the boat that has less than 10,000 listeners on last.fm. By this definition Chontaraz and Night Demon are considered Cripper bands with 652 and 6332 listeners, respectively. Obviously Krisiun does not fall into Cripper category because they have been on the boat before
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Yeah just because the band is in a multi-announcement doesn't mean they are a 'cripper' band. Krisiun are clearly not.

Multiple instances of the same thing in previous years - for example Novembers Doom, Starkill and Nervosa announced together in 2016. Starkill and Nervosa - Cripper worthy, Novembers Doom clearly not.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:42 am

announcement!!!
    announcement!!!
    announcement!!!
    :metalguy:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:59 pm

My goodness, with the amount of work I got these days, the wait feels like an eternity!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: 2 MONTHS!

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Godflesh wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 pm
    Donutsauce wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:43 am
    Godflesh wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:40 pm MEGACRUISE sent this email:
    "The Holiday Season is all about giving, and at MEGACRUISE CENTRAL we have been working hard to deliver a New Artist Announcement to ring in the New Year with a BANG! Currently we are wrapping up negotiations and will be ready to announce several bands right after the first of the year. WE THINK YOU’RE GONNA LOVE IT!"

Giving status and announcing when they'll announce bands without using the 'S' word, how nice would that be?
    Setting themselves up for a situation if negotiations push announcements to February? :-)

I get it, just happen to think the SOON thing is funny. Goes along with my typical disposition (plus my power of 1,000 suns worth of gratitude towards those who make this a reality).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's worth mentioning that MEGACRUISE still hasn’t delivered on their promise, and meanwhile 70K announced 2 bands in one day.
    One month after this email, still nada from MEGACRUISE. Gee, thanks for the gift, and the BANG!
    Alright, lesson learned, no promises is better than missed promises.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:11 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:47 pm
    Gratch wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:44 pm Anyone else getting a little nervous that the airports will be completely clusterfucked due to the government shutdown? I imagine another couple weeks of TSA agents and air traffic controllers not getting paid are going to make things awfully messy.

Yeah agreed!!

Also, in order for us Aussies to travel to the USA we need to get "Visa Waivers". These used to be a basically instant deal - submit online, pay a few dollars and all done. THEN it got Trumped and you had to allow 72 hours.

But with this current scenario, I'm worried it may take even longer!

Reason for the worry and why I haven't done it yet is that I cannot get one for my son until his passport arrives, and it won't arrive until next week sometime!!!
    I filled in the ESTA forms for my GF and myself last night, and it was approved this morning, 7-8h later.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:58 am

Good to know speedy!

Little dude's passport arrived today so visa waiver applications done.

OH MY GOODNESS it is a WAY more intrusive process than it used to be :shock:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:59 am

Death metal fans, see if you can recognize which bands (hint: 22 out of 37) are playing on this cruise or past cruises in my post in the Engine Room: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6494#post_content300359
    (I have no affiliation, just enjoying preparing for the cruise, moderators feel free to remove)
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:32 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:58 am Good to know speedy!

Little dude's passport arrived today so visa waiver applications done.

OH MY GOODNESS it is a WAY more intrusive process than it used to be :shock:
    Awesome. I'm really glad to hear this, as I was afraid the shutdown might affect not only cruisers, but also the bands.

Now we just need to worry about showing up to the airport 8 or so hours early to get through the crazy security lines. ;) A very minor issue in the grand scheme.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:40 am

Good news all around. My trip TO the cruise is all Canada flights, so I'll be good - the way back I have a comparatively short flight to Toronto. Going to get up as early as my tired boat hungover body will allow me to get to the airport on the 5th. Saw some disturbing news stories about TSA in the past couple days.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

Re: 2 MONTHS!

by Donutsauce » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:47 am

Godflesh wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:05 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 pm
    Donutsauce wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:43 am

Setting themselves up for a situation if negotiations push announcements to February? :-)

I get it, just happen to think the SOON thing is funny. Goes along with my typical disposition (plus my power of 1,000 suns worth of gratitude towards those who make this a reality).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's worth mentioning that MEGACRUISE still hasn’t delivered on their promise, and meanwhile 70K announced 2 bands in one day.
    One month after this email, still nada from MEGACRUISE. Gee, thanks for the gift, and the BANG!
    Alright, lesson learned, no promises is better than missed promises.
    Yep, I think we could call half way through Jan solidly outside of "ringing in the new year" range.
    I have a hunch, though. A suspicion, even, when it will be.

SOOOOOOOOOOOON!
    :-)
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:07 am

FWIW, here is a list with airport security not affected by the shutdown because they are not TSA.

FLL and MIA are both TSA so they would be affected.

https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/screening-partnerships
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:05 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:58 am OH MY GOODNESS it is a WAY more intrusive process than it used to be :shock:
    a wonder they don't wanna know the name of the cat of my grandparent's neighbours
    ---and it got way more expensive (4x compared to the first one)
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:13 pm

I don't have to renew ESTA this year, but last year it was also $14. If you paid more, then you chose some other than official website https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 pm

Some people are not aware that the airport traffic controllers are also being affected by the government shutdown. If they decide to stop showing up to work then it will become a more serious problem
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:33 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 pm Some people are not aware that the airport traffic controllers are also being affected by the government shutdown. If they decide to stop showing up to work then it will become a more serious problem
    We got this handled!
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfound ... 5xjs87eTqY

:beerwink:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
Post Reply 2038 posts