Post Reply 433 posts
Guess the first announcement date, 2020
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Guess the first announcement date, 2020

by Phoenix » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:31 am

toby wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:53 am
    cegr80 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:07 am Adding statsman's well-explained announcement date to the list. He is the ONLY one who can get a second chance cuz, well, he's the statsman :P
    Him getting a second shot doesn't bother me, but since he's talking about his August 7th, wouldn't that still be August 6th here in NA technically?
    Yup, that's how I read it.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:19 am

Phoenix wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:31 am
    toby wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:53 am
    cegr80 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:07 am Adding statsman's well-explained announcement date to the list. He is the ONLY one who can get a second chance cuz, well, he's the statsman :P
    Him getting a second shot doesn't bother me, but since he's talking about his August 7th, wouldn't that still be August 6th here in NA technically?
    Yup, that's how I read it.
    I think we should have all times in America Time, for a lack of a better description. In that case, toby is right but I prefer to consult with statsman
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:43 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:49 pm My analysis.

Last year, First bands announced Sept 1st, emails to Gold Survivors sent around Sept 3rd, booking for Gold survivors started Sept 5th, and I believe silver opened on Sept 15th, and public sales Oct 3rd. Cutoff for the 4-payment-plan was Oct 24th.

So if the same sort of timelines held for 2020, we can work backwards from the September 29th cutoff and assume the following:

Cut-off for 4-payment Plan: Sept 29th
    Public Sales - 21 days before cutoff above-mentioned: Sept 8th
    Silver Sales - 18 days before public: Aug 21st
    Gold Sales - 10 days before Silver: Aug 11th
    Emails to Gold Survivors - 2 days prior to sales opening: Aug 9th
    First Bands - Aug 7th

There you go - that's my new prediction.

First Bands will be announced August 7th.

*******NOTE: These dates are for me, an Australian :) So depending on where you are in the world it could be a day earlier :)
    Are we not assuming that with the introduction of a black card there will be a new survivor level with even earlier access? Shouldn't we add 2 days to your prediction for 'Platinum Survivors'?

If 'boat celebrities' are allowed reguesses then I as the gif guy am going to guess again and say August 5th.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:10 am

PotatoPotahto wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:43 am Are we not assuming that with the introduction of a black card there will be a new survivor level with even earlier access? Shouldn't we add 2 days to your prediction for 'Platinum Survivors'?

If 'boat celebrities' are allowed reguesses then I as the gif guy am going to guess again and say August 5th.
    This isn't about "boat celebrities", this is about how much work Statsman puts into community management every year :P If someone was going to get an extra life based on their prevalence, it would be Razor Ramon. His reaction pictures are known through festivals throughout the land.

You make an interesting point about black cards though. I assume there won't actually be an extra tier of access - or if there is, those cruisers have already been given it and are sworn to secrecy :P Andy has promised perks for every-time sailors for years, and I don't think that's ever actually happened. I assume this year we are too far gone to actually see a change to the booking system.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:24 am

Phoenix wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:10 am
    PotatoPotahto wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:43 am Are we not assuming that with the introduction of a black card there will be a new survivor level with even earlier access? Shouldn't we add 2 days to your prediction for 'Platinum Survivors'?

This isn't about "boat celebrities", this is about how much work Statsman puts into community management every year :P If someone was going to get an extra life based on their prevalence, it would be Razor Ramon. His reaction pictures are known through festivals throughout the land.

You make an interesting point about black cards though. I assume there won't actually be an extra tier of access - or if there is, those cruisers have already been given it and are sworn to secrecy :P Andy has promised perks for every-time sailors for years, and I don't think that's ever actually happened. I assume this year we are too far gone to actually see a change to the booking system.
    Was worth a shot :P

~~About the new tier though, last year was also the first year we've ever seen black cards, and they weren't only given out to people who have been on every year, if I'm not mistaken it was people who have been on 8+ times.~~

I have been corrected twice about my above statement, lol, black cards were only given to those who have been on EVERY UMC cruise. Interesting.

Only time will tell!
    Last edited by PotatoPotahto on Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:25 am

Phoenix wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:10 amIf someone was going to get an extra life based on their prevalence, it would be Razor Ramon
    Uhmmm ..... no
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:20 pm

Adding a guess that was overlooked before...and I know exactly WHY it was made, too. :twisted:

RIP

:death:
    March 2nd jaimie38 - all 60 bands
    March 28th Castroh
    March 31st cowboy71
    April 12th jodionline
    April 15th Slayergeek
    April 28th Jotunheimr
    April 30th downvod
    May 1st Marmotte
    May 4th Ethrivas
    May 5th Speedy
    May 10th Jeyrow
    May 15th JamieS
    May 15th metalforever
    June 6th Malaka, aleyeahed
    June 9th Azazel101
    June 14th cegr80
    June 25th nekrobarr
    June 26th Gorgatron
    June 27th Zed3
    June 28th Shalini
    July 1st PotatoPotahto
    July 2nd Mr.Kito
    July 3rd meshuggah, Cardest
    July 5th toby
    July 9th Ti7aNiC, JoAnnamayhem
    July 10th Hoppy McGee
    July 16th Sgt. B
    July 20th Pellaz
    July 24th Godflesh
    July 26th bodomdragon

Still Among The Living:

August 2nd twoandfortysix
    August 5th mbob
    August 7th cowboy71 rebirth
    August 11th CaughtInAWeb
    August 31st Amalu
    September 1st AstridDragon
    September 8th Yippee38
    September 10th Tiki108
    September 23rd ShoreSlayer
    December 25th drrock
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:25 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:24 am
    About the new tier though, last year was also the first year we've ever seen black cards, and they weren't only given out to people who have been on every year, if I'm not mistaken it was people who have been on 8+ times.
    Not entirely true - I've been on all 70Ks (not barge) and I didn't get a black card, just gold.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:26 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:24 am About the new tier though, last year was also the first year we've ever seen black cards, and they weren't only given out to people who have been on every year, if I'm not mistaken it was people who have been on 8+ times.
    I'm pretty sure because the cruise is a charter, UMC gets to make up their own colour scheme and tiers. But it certainly is measured by number of points/nights. Anyone who was on all 70Ks and Barge got black for cruise #9 (4 nights * 9 cruises = 36 UMC nights at sea). Jeff was on all 70Ks, but not Barge, and he received a Gold card (as he only had 32 UMC nights at sea). He purposefully went to Guest Services and requested a new card on day 4 this year so that he would qualify/get the black card to rub in my face - which worked, because as of that day he hit the 36 UMC nights at sea tier. He's the only person who was not on every cruise to get a black card, because of this scheme.

So anyone who only missed 1 UMC cruise, be it Barge or a 70K, will get black cards in 2020.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    Welli
    Oiler

by Welli » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:56 am

i'm totally in for black cards for 8+ sailors. We only missed the first cruise and the barge.
  • twoandfortysix
    Oiler

by twoandfortysix » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:08 am

ANNOUNCEMENTS! ...please?
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:52 am

twoandfortysix wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:08 am ANNOUNCEMENTS! ...please?
    Would it be mean of me to say soon?
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:28 am

PotatoPotahto wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:52 am
    Would it be mean of me to say soon?
    SOOOON should have been my guess. lol
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:11 am

This contest should not even start until August 1st ,so I going with the 50th anniversary of the Mason killings August 8th ,Charlie X himself from the World.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:27 am

I think Amalu has this one in the bag.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:45 am

Funny that your announcement day guess is gonna die the same day that Tool releases its catalog to all streaming platforms
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:44 pm

Three more days!! Only three more days until we break the record for shortest timeframe between first band announcements and sailing!!

How exciting!!!

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:03 pm 161 days to go! One more week, and we will break the 2019 cruise 'record' for shortest amount of time between first announcement and sailing!!! :lol: :roll:

First Announcements:
    2019 cruise - August 31 (154 days to go)
    2018 cruise - July 3 (213 days to go)
    2017 cruise - July 8 (211 days to go)
    2016 cruise - June 25 (224 days to go)
    2015 cruise - March 15 (313 days to go)
    2014 cruise - March 31 (301 days to go)
    2013 cruise - June 27 (215 days to go)
    2012 cruise - April 18 (280 days to go)
    2011 cruise - December 18 (2009) (402 days to go)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:44 pm Three more days!! Only three more days until we break the record for shortest timeframe between first band announcements and sailing!!

How exciting!!!
    Well, you can always trust Da Skipper to exceed the previous year's expectations. :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:04 am

another victim added to the list

RIP

March 28th Castroh
    March 31st cowboy71
    April 12th jodionline
    April 15th Slayergeek
    April 28th Jotunheimr
    April 30th downvod
    May 1st Marmotte
    May 4th Ethrivas
    May 5th Speedy
    May 10th Jeyrow
    May 15th JamieS
    May 15th metalforever
    June 9th Azazel101
    June 14th cegr80
    June 25th nekrobarr
    June 26th Gorgatron
    June 27th Zed3
    June 28th Shalini
    July 1st PotatoPotahto
    July 2nd Mr.Kito
    July 5th toby
    July 10th Hoppy McGee
    July 16th Sgt. B
    July 20th Pellaz
    July 24th Godflesh
    July 26th bodomdragon

Still Among The Living:

August 5th mbob
    August 11th CaughtInAWeb
    August 31st Amalu
    September 8th Yippee38
    September 10th Tiki108
    December 25th drrock
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:41 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:49 pm My analysis.

Last year, First bands announced Sept 1st, emails to Gold Survivors sent around Sept 3rd, booking for Gold survivors started Sept 5th, and I believe silver opened on Sept 15th, and public sales Oct 3rd. Cutoff for the 4-payment-plan was Oct 24th.

So if the same sort of timelines held for 2020, we can work backwards from the September 29th cutoff and assume the following:

Cut-off for 4-payment Plan: Sept 29th
    Public Sales - 21 days before cutoff above-mentioned: Sept 8th
    Silver Sales - 18 days before public: Aug 21st
    Gold Sales - 10 days before Silver: Aug 11th
    Emails to Gold Survivors - 2 days prior to sales opening: Aug 9th
    First Bands - Aug 7th

There you go - that's my new prediction.

First Bands will be announced August 7th.

*******NOTE: These dates are for me, an Australian :) So depending on where you are in the world it could be a day earlier :)
    Here's a simpler way to put it:
    - Last year, announcements were done 5 months before sailing (August 31st - January 31st)
    - This year, 5 months before sailing is August 7th (January 7th).
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:17 am

Godflesh wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:41 pm Here's a simpler way to put it:
    - Last year, announcements were done 5 months before sailing (August 31st - January 31st)
    The problem with this kind of reasonning is that it does not account for the fact that Andy seems to be doing things in any way possible so as to defy any kind of logic, the only apparent goal I can see in his (non-)communication is to try to piss off the maximum of it's customers :/ It's the only company that I know of that can get away with that kind of attitude and still get droves of loyal customers flooding its website when the bookings open :o And as long as there won't be another cruise with such a good (looking at you FMC) and varied (looking at you Mega Cruise) lineup I don't see things changing...
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:13 am

Zed3 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:17 am
    Godflesh wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:41 pm Here's a simpler way to put it:
    The problem with this kind of reasonning is that it does not account for the fact that Andy seems to be doing things in any way possible so as to defy any kind of logic, the only apparent goal I can see in his (non-)communication is to try to piss off the maximum of it's customers :/ It's the only company that I know of that can get away with that kind of attitude and still get droves of loyal customers flooding its website when the bookings open :o And as long as there won't be another cruise with such a good (looking at you FMC) and varied (looking at you Mega Cruise) lineup I don't see things changing...
    Yes, that’s why we created these games to make fun of an abusive situation; none of us take them seriously (except perhaps cegr80 :D).
    Andy is like the abusive father who beats us 360 days of the year, but when we see him onbroad, we hug him and say “thank you, daddy”. That makes him happy, so he keeps doing it.
    I’m pretty sure the day 4 video recap was delayed last year by accident, but on purpose this year, because we reacted to it.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:56 am

We continue to take that abuse!
    Wacken is on right now (this weekend) and they already posted 2020's main headliners!
    Maryland Death Fest do much the same thing.
    We gotta wait and wait and wait. For what?
    Let's roll out the red carpet of bands already.
    10 years to get this right.
    August 7th, I will be checking like a Hawk.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:51 am

Today's the big day!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:13 am

mbob wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:51 am Today's the big day!
    Today is my unofficial second guess day so let's see what happens :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:08 am

Zed3 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:17 am It's the only company that I know of that can get away with that kind of attitude and still get droves of loyal customers....
    Oh, I dunno about that. Facebook, anyone? Apple? Both have annoyed segments of their user base for YEARS and still have diehard loyalists (Apple) or no significant waning of interest or usage (Facebook).

--But yeah, UMC's modus operandi is puzzling at best.
    And as long as there won't be another cruise with such a good (looking at you FMC) and varied (looking at you Mega Cruise) lineup I don't see things changing...
    Yep. When you have the market for this sort of cruise cornered, you can get away with a lot.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:11 am

Cardest wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:56 am We continue to take that abuse!
    Wacken is on right now (this weekend) and they already posted 2020's main headliners!
    Maryland Death Fest do much the same thing.
    ProgPower USA also. They run the video featuring next year's bands between bands' sets. Always fun to watch the crowd reactions, too. (Including mine when Glenn announced Green Carnation. :lol: )
    We gotta wait and wait and wait. For what?
    Let's roll out the red carpet of bands already.
    10 years to get this right.
    August 7th, I will be checking like a Hawk.
    That's my sister's birthday. SooOOOooOOOooOOOoooooo? :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:32 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:13 am (...)
    Andy is like the abusive father who beats us 360 days of the year, but when we see him onbroad, we hug him and say “thank you, daddy”. That makes him happy, so he keeps doing it.
    (...)
    Then let's hope for him we won't ever grow up or we might fight back at some point :D ... or just leave the house :o

Pellaz wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:08 am
    Zed3 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:17 am It's the only company that I know of that can get away with that kind of attitude and still get droves of loyal customers....
    Oh, I dunno about that. Facebook, anyone? Apple? Both have annoyed segments of their user base for YEARS and still have diehard loyalists (Apple) or no significant waning of interest or usage (Facebook).

--But yeah, UMC's modus operandi is puzzling at best.
    Yes those companies -and others certainly- have annoyed their customers and yet retained them but in UMC's case the thing is that you feel they are doing it wilfuly, just to unnerve us.
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:05 pm

mbob wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:51 amToday's the big day!
    You are so dead, mate!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:18 pm

I reckon there will be at least 24 hours between an official "SOON" post, and first bands announced so it's looking good that we set a record for the shortest number of days between first announcements and sailing :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:23 pm

I'm starting to hate this sh*t!
    We love 70K, but it is also disrespectful to us.
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:18 pm I reckon there will be at least 24 hours between an official "SOON" post, and first bands announced so it's looking good that we set a record for the shortest number of days between first announcements and sailing :P
    Even before the SOON post, I would expect a day 4 recap and an Official 2020 Megathread, no?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Downvod wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:49 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:18 pm I reckon there will be at least 24 hours between an official "SOON" post, and first bands announced so it's looking good that we set a record for the shortest number of days between first announcements and sailing :P
    Even before the SOON post, I would expect a day 4 recap and an Official 2020 Megathread, no?
    If I recall correctly, which I haven't more than once this year, so take this with a grain of salt..

Last year the order was logo teaser video -> forum post -> band -> day 4 recap video.
    Last edited by PotatoPotahto on Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:32 pm

Also, the new logo was posted on the day of announcements (someone mentioned this in the freshly created megathread).
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:40 pm

What also really sucks about this delay, is that the Australian Dollar is falling more and more every day compared to the US$.

At the moment just on the conversion rate a $USD 3,000 cabin is going to cost us Aussies $500 more than it would a year ago :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Welli
    Oiler

by Welli » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:34 am

Maybe they don't have time for announcements because they are planning something great, exiting and awesome?
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:05 am

As we are waiting for announcements, Wacken has announced the first bands for next year and sold all of there 75000 tickets within 21 hours. Now that was quick...
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:27 am

While my date flew by yesterday I am still in it if we apply the Price is Right rule! :D
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:47 am

mbob wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:27 am While my date flew by yesterday I am still in it if we apply the Price is Right rule! :D
    Nope. Closest without going over - and you already went over :P When your date passes, you're out.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:58 am

Descansa en caos, mbob...

Let's see if statsman's rebirth was worth it :mrgreen:

RIP

March 28th Castroh
    March 31st cowboy71
    April 12th jodionline
    April 15th Slayergeek
    April 28th Jotunheimr
    April 30th downvod
    May 1st Marmotte
    May 4th Ethrivas
    May 5th Speedy
    May 10th Jeyrow
    May 15th JamieS
    May 15th metalforever
    June 9th Azazel101
    June 14th cegr80
    June 25th nekrobarr
    June 26th Gorgatron
    June 27th Zed3
    June 28th Shalini
    July 1st PotatoPotahto
    July 2nd Mr.Kito
    July 5th toby
    July 10th Hoppy McGee
    July 16th Sgt. B
    July 20th Pellaz
    July 24th Godflesh
    July 26th bodomdragon
    August 5th mbob

Still Among The Living:

August 11th CaughtInAWeb
    August 31st Amalu
    September 8th Yippee38
    September 10th Tiki108
    December 25th drrock
Post Reply 433 posts