Post Reply 341 posts
5 MONTHS until Round X!
    Cardest
    Midshipman

Re: 5 MONTHS until Round X!

by Cardest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:02 pm

This day, that date, possible this, guess that...
    I dunno about you other sailors but all this waiting is depressing to me.
    With all this ridiculous delay, does this not mean that UMC bookings office
    would be working over time in a short period of time?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:42 am

Cardest wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:02 pm With all this ridiculous delay, does this not mean that UMC bookings office
    Well maybe. But as the cruise sold out pretty quickly the last to years all the bookings arrived in a short period of time anyways.
    From that perspective UMC back office will not worry much more then usual.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Amalu wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:42 am
    Cardest wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:02 pm With all this ridiculous delay, does this not mean that UMC bookings office
    Well maybe. But as the cruise sold out pretty quickly the last to years all the bookings arrived in a short period of time anyways.
    From that perspective UMC back office will not worry much more then usual.
    Its not the arrival period of the bookings that is the issue Amalu.

It's how long UMC staff take to process each individual booking.

I feel that the somewhat random nature of the number of days gap between GOLD then SILVER then PUBLIC is purely so UMC staff have time to deal with the volume of gold, then silver, bookings.

And given that there are obviously more and more gold and silver every year, the fact that they are undoubtably going to have less days to process (due to there being so relatively few days between now and the cutoff for the four-monthly-payments date) all those means that they are going to be working overtime.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:52 pm

Who still believes this is the Megathread? :lol:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:22 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:52 pm Who still believes this is the Megathread? :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm

Just out of interest, I went back through forum posts by andy and through saved emails of my own to collate the gaps between each of the booking types for the last few cruises.

Remembering the dates are a bit fluid due to timezones etc, but obviously correct within a day, give or take.

Gold Start 05 Sept
    10 Days
    Silver Start 14 Sept
    18 Days
    Pubic sales 03 Oct

2018 cruise
    Gold Start 07 July
    10 Days
    Silver Start 17 July
    35 Days
    Public sales 21 Sept

2017 cruise
    Gold start 09 July
    5 Days
    Silver Start 14 July
    33 Days
    Public Start 16 August

2016 cruise
    Gold start 25 June
    10 Days
    Silver start 04 July
    5 Days
    Public Start 09 July
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm

So lets use some of these figures for a new theory.

**Gold Starts
    - 3 out of the last 4 cruises there has been a 10 day gap before silver, so lets stick with that.
    - 10 Day break
    **Silver Starts
    - Anywhere from 5 days to 35 days?!?! Hard to say which, but lets go with the low.
    - 5 Day break
    **Public Sales
    - Then lets say they want to give 3 weeks until Sept 25th - payment plan cut off
    - 21 Days
    **Payment Plan Cutoff

THEREFORE! My latest theory, and really leaving any later than this would be insanity, is that the latest they can start is this time next week:

Aug 21 Gold Sales Start
    10 Days
    Aug 31 Silver Sales Start
    5 days
    Sep 04 Public Sales Start
    3 weeks
    Sep 25 Cutoff
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm

Well, guys and Andy, I wish you a lot of successes in the next edition, I am out for the 2020 edition. Uncertainty in announcements (something very common in recent years), the high prices of international flights (in many cases exceeds 100% From the price of other years), lodgings, etc. He made me decide not to attend this year.
    Many successes.
    See you Soon... 2021 :wank:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm So lets use some of these figures for a new theory.

**Gold Starts
    - 3 out of the last 4 cruises there has been a 10 day gap before silver, so lets stick with that.
    - 10 Day break
    **Silver Starts
    - Anywhere from 5 days to 35 days?!?! Hard to say which, but lets go with the low.
    - 5 Day break
    **Public Sales
    - Then lets say they want to give 3 weeks until Sept 25th - payment plan cut off
    - 21 Days
    **Payment Plan Cutoff

THEREFORE! My latest theory, and really leaving any later than this would be insanity, is that the latest they can start is this time next week:

Aug 21 Gold Sales Start
    10 Days
    5 days
    3 weeks
    Sep 25 Cutoff
    You have a knack for filling me with hope, Dallas.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:16 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm So lets use some of these figures for a new theory.

**Gold Starts
    - 10 Day break
    **Silver Starts
    - 5 Day break
    **Public Sales
    - 21 Days
    **Payment Plan Cutoff

Aug 21 Gold Sales Start
    10 Days
    5 days
    3 weeks
    Sep 25 Cutoff
    Perhaps they really are trying to commemorate the first cruise. Return to Cozumel, bring back Epica and other bands from Round 1, and open up booking to everyone all at one time! Wouldn’t that be something?! 😁
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:30 pm

jeyrow wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm Well, guys and Andy, I wish you a lot of successes in the next edition, I am out for the 2020 edition. Uncertainty in announcements (something very common in recent years), the high prices of international flights (in many cases exceeds 100% From the price of other years), lodgings, etc. He made me decide not to attend this year.
    Many successes.
    Nooo! Don't quit on us
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 pm

Throwing a bit of personal history from 70k into the whole pricing and exchange rates issue.

2011 cruise, booked a double Junior Suite ($1,999 US Each). Up front discount of 5%, Taxes and fees were $249 each.

So, $USD4,296.10

Exchange rate wasn't as high as it got, but when I booked (April 30, 2010) was still pretty damn good at $1 Australian buying $0.93 US.

Therefore, in Australian dollars, an upfront payment for a Junior Suite cost roughly?

$AUD4,620.00

NOW, if all prices for 2020 remained the same as 2019 (which they won't but this is just theoretical):

2020 cruise, double Junior Suite ($2,199 US each - not a terrible price increase there, 10% over 9 years!). Up front Gold Survivor discount is now 15%, Taxes and fees were $423 each (that's about 70% up from 2011).

So, $USD4,584.30 - an increase of less than $USD300, not bad!

BUT, the Australian dollar has dropped from $0.93 US, to currently just under $0.68!!! That makes the upfront payment for a JS for us now:

$AUD6,755.00(!!!!)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:48 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 pm Throwing a bit of personal history from 70k into the whole pricing and exchange rates issue.

2011 cruise, booked a double Junior Suite ($1,999 US Each). Up front discount of 5%, Taxes and fees were $249 each.

So, $USD4,296.10

Exchange rate wasn't as high as it got, but when I booked (April 30, 2010) was still pretty damn good at $1 Australian buying $0.93 US.

Therefore, in Australian dollars, an upfront payment for a Junior Suite cost roughly?

$AUD4,620.00

NOW, if all prices for 2020 remained the same as 2019 (which they won't but this is just theoretical):

2020 cruise, double Junior Suite ($2,199 US each - not a terrible price increase there, 10% over 9 years!). Up front Gold Survivor discount is now 15%, Taxes and fees were $423 each (that's about 70% up from 2011).

So, $USD4,584.30 - an increase of less than $USD300, not bad!

BUT, the Australian dollar has dropped from $0.93 US, to currently just under $0.68!!! That makes the upfront payment for a JS for us now:

$AUD6,755.00(!!!!)

For us Aussies that is grim, Dallas. Grim.
    I was thinking this last night. Looking at my credit and spending and hotels I've booked across the US so far etc.
    This will be the most expensive cruise ever, for us.
    My cabin partner and I are keen as heck to go but that summary you just shared makes me think twice!
    After a 4 year absence I was super keen to make a comeback and yeah....what a drag.
    Yet, I am 100% IN for this.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:17 pm

jeyrow wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm Well, guys and Andy, I wish you a lot of successes in the next edition, I am out for the 2020 edition. Uncertainty in announcements (something very common in recent years), the high prices of international flights (in many cases exceeds 100% From the price of other years), lodgings, etc. He made me decide not to attend this year.
    Many successes.
    Dang, don't give up hope yet. :cry: :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:16 pm

"In between days of #HeavyMetal mayhem, stepping off the boat into paradise with friends new and old from all over the globe – What could be better?!"

Cannot BELIEVE they just asked that.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:28 pm

They're testing our patience! :bitch:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:36 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:28 pm They're testing our patience! :bitch:
    To quote one of my favourite actors, my easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested.

:lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:39 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:42 pm Statsman! If we got our announcement today, how long would each survivor tier have to book until the next tier opened, assuming they followed a similar timeline/structure as previous years?

I hope I worded that right
    **SNIP**

We are now at 41 days so an update.

50 days between emails to Golds and cutoff for 4 payment plan. we are now at 41 days.

21/50 = 42%
    X/41 = 42%
    X = 17 days

So 17 days prior to cutoff of Sept 25, public sales would open on:
    08 September

18/50 = 36%
    X/41 = 36%
    X = 15

So 15 days prior to public sales, silver bookings would open on:
    24 August

10/50 = 20%
    X/41 = 20%
    X = 8

So 8 days prior to silver, gold bookings would open on:
    16 August

Summary (adds up to 40 days but I did some rounding)
    8 days between Gold and Silver
    15 days between Silver and Public
    17 days between Public sales and the four payment cutoff
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:39 pm
    PotatoPotahto wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:42 pm Statsman! If we got our announcement today, how long would each survivor tier have to book until the next tier opened, assuming they followed a similar timeline/structure as previous years?

I hope I worded that right
    **SNIP**

We are now at 41 days so an update.

50 days between emails to Golds and cutoff for 4 payment plan. we are now at 41 days.

21/50 = 42%
    X/41 = 42%
    X = 17 days

So 17 days prior to cutoff of Sept 25, public sales would open on:
    08 September

18/50 = 36%
    X/41 = 36%
    X = 15

So 15 days prior to public sales, silver bookings would open on:
    24 August

10/50 = 20%
    X/41 = 20%
    X = 8

16 August

Summary (adds up to 40 days but I did some rounding)
    15 days between Silver and Public
    17 days between Public sales and the four payment cutoff
    Keep at it Dallas, you’re slowly converging towards Andy’s date via what I would call a Van Cantor function :lol:

I’m guessing we’re still at the 3/4 mark.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:31 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 pm
    BUT, the Australian dollar has dropped from $0.93 US, to currently just under $0.68!!!
    That is a really significant drop. What is reason why, do you know?

Living in Switzerland the long wait might actually make my cruise cheaper as expected. The Swiss Franc is currently at 1.03 USD, which is the highest for the last 90 days, but still not as good as when I paid for the cruise last year. Back then it was 1.07USD.

In May this year Swiss Franc had dropped to 0.97 USD. With it little luck, the exchange rate will keep going in the right direction.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:01 am

• Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:28 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 pm BUT, the Australian dollar has dropped from $0.93 US, to currently just under $0.68!!! That makes the upfront payment for a JS for us now:

$AUD6,755.00(!!!!)
    Thanks Australia for making me feel better about my shit Canadian exchange rate. At least you have it far worse!

Sorry.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:35 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:40 am Been planning for a while to make next year with my wife, and do round X as my final appearance on 70k.
    We have the time off cleared, we have the money for it.
    What I am baring thin on is patience though, been the huge thorn on my side since the start of the first cruise, for one like me who enjoy planning and booking stuff straight up.
    A few more weeks of bull on social media with "very close now" which has been going on for months, just makes me kind of wanna say "screw this crap, let us use that time and money for something that doesn't treat us like we are worth zip".

Haven't given up just yet, but I am damn getting close to the limit where I just call it off and let a newbie take my cabin spot instead of booking it myself.

Getting to the point I am not even sure I'd do Barge 2 even if that came up as an option.
    Maybe this is Andy's plan to bring in more fresh blood. Delay things so more veterans drop out and hope that new blood is still their ready and willing to take their place.

"If" the delay is a conscience choice for that purpose, rather than the semi-normal behind the scene chaos that is 70,000 tons, I must say I am NOT a fan.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:06 pm

slayergeek wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:35 am Maybe this is Andy's plan to bring in more fresh blood. Delay things so more veterans drop out and hope that new blood is still their ready and willing to take their place.

"If" the delay is a conscience choice for that purpose, rather than the semi-normal behind the scene chaos that is 70,000 tons, I must say I am NOT a fan.
    This thought has crossed my mind, especially since 1) the wait list gets larger every year and 2) more and more people get access to the discounts every year. If people keep jumping ship like this, it's better for business.

I straight up told UMC in my survey that I would not be going this year unless they improved their announcement process. And judging by the record we recently set, I don't think it's getting better. *shrug*

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Andy, I got a couple of K's burning in my pocket. Let's do this SOON!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Amalu wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:31 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 pm
    BUT, the Australian dollar has dropped from $0.93 US, to currently just under $0.68!!!
    That is a really significant drop. What is reason why, do you know?
    Trade. The trade situation plays a huge part in how the AUD performs.

10 years ago resources (minerals, coal, etc) were booming which meant the Australian economy was going strong.

That boom has well and truly bust, and with the general.... 'concern' about Trump and his actions towards some of Australia's major trading partners, it means that the Australian economy is really struggling at the moment :(

ALSO, the performance of our trading partners is important. Australia trade a lot with asian countries, so if their economies are booming, they buy lots of natural resources from us, making our currency more attractive and driving its value upwards.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Gonna update these figures every bloody day until we get somethin!

We've got to be close right? A few bands and a few days before Gold opening..... that to start happening this weekend and booking next weekend? Surely they can't leave it any later than that, right? Right?? RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

We are now at 40 days

50 days between emails to Golds and cutoff for 4 payment plan. we are now at 40 days.

21/50 = 42%
    X/40 = 42%
    X = 16.8 days

So 16.8 days prior to cutoff of Sept 25, public sales would open on:
    07 September

18/50 = 36%
    X/40 = 36%
    X = 14.4 days

So 14.4 days prior to public sales, silver bookings would open on:
    24 August

10/50 = 20%
    X/40 = 20%
    X = 8

16 August

Summary
    14.4 days between Silver and Public
    16.8 days between Public sales and the four payment cutoff
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:58 pm

Little bit of pricing info that people may not be aware of.

TAXES AND FEES FOR 2020 WILL BE $USD 448 PER PERSON.

That represents an increase of $USD 25 compared to 2019.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:05 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:58 pm Little bit of pricing info that people may not be aware of.

Where did you see this?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Donutsauce wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:05 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:58 pm Little bit of pricing info that people may not be aware of.

Where did you see this?
    Terms and Conditions Page:

https://70000tons.com/terms-conditions/

Fair to say that is what it is meant to be for 2020, as all the other dates etc on that page have been updated for 2020, and also the fact that the figure is more than 2019.

6. Taxes and Fees

In addition to the combined Cruise Fare and Entertainment Fees, 70000TONS OF METAL™ will collect USD 448.00 per Passenger for all Taxes, Pre-Paid Gratuities, Port Charges and Fees, including, without limitation, a Booking Fee. The Taxes and Fees portion must be paid for the full occupancy of the booking whether the full occupancy of the booking is used by Guests or left vacant.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:56 pm

This will be the most expensive cruise in 10 years!

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:07 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:50 am
    Hasn't the taxes part almost doubled from the first cruise? I kind of remember them being in the 200's something.
    Correct. $249 for the first cruise.

In kind of answer to your almost unasked question, I think this is the most important part of the clause about that cost:

"...including, without limitation, a Booking Fee."

In other words, Andy's slice of the pie. THAT is why it's getting bigger :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:54 am

In the lyrics of not-so-metal Sheryl Crow:

"Cause all I wanna do is have some fun
    I got a feeling I'm not the only one
    All I wanna do is have some fun
    I got a feeling I'm not the only one
    All I wanna do is have some fun
    Until the sun comes up over
    Independence Of The Seas"
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:00 pm

The clock has run out for me. I've set my vacation dates, so I'm officially not going next year, unless something extraordinary happens during the next week.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Godflesh wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:00 pm The clock has run out for me. I've set my vacation dates, so I'm officially not going next year, unless something extraordinary happens during the next week.
    That sucks. But what were you waiting for? I've booked my vacation dates as well, and they coincide with Jan. 7-11. I've also coincidentally booked flights to Ft. Lauderdale in the same time, and have hotels booked for a few days pre- and post-cruise. If you want to be on 70K, you have enough information to do it. Now all we have to do is complain about the lack of band announcements until we board, like every other year.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:12 pm

Some people cannot tolerate the lack of band announcements. I am pretty sure I'm gonna like a lot of the bands to be announced, so I will book blindly
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:36 pm

acidbasement wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:10 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:00 pm The clock has run out for me. I've set my vacation dates, so I'm officially not going next year, unless something extraordinary happens during the next week.
    That sucks. But what were you waiting for? I've booked my vacation dates as well, and they coincide with Jan. 7-11. I've also coincidentally booked flights to Ft. Lauderdale in the same time, and have hotels booked for a few days pre- and post-cruise. If you want to be on 70K, you have enough information to do it. Now all we have to do is complain about the lack of band announcements until we board, like every other year.
    My vacation count resets to zero on January 1st, so in order to take a week in January, I need to *not* take a week this year, so that it spills over to next year.
    When the cruise was in February, I barely accumulated enough days (including floating holidays) to make it.
    So far I have zero reason to sacrifice a week of vacation (which I need to announce in advance).
    As a non-fan of power, folk, symphonic, girlie and melodeath, I wouldn't go if there are only a few bands I like, e.g. if the likes of D&W/BLOND GUARDIAN/ICED EARTH would eat up two of the big slots.
    This is a very, very expensive vacation after all, so I need my money's worth.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:40 pm

That's fair enough. Sad, but fair enough.

Normally I tend to have a few days off around christmas time, return to work for a bit, then have another week or two off to do the cruise.

Due to the timing this year I'm on leave from xmas right through to after the cruise, putting me in the same situation as you - zero days leave left.

I'm 99% sure I'm still going, but if first announcements really suck, given the weakness of our dollar against the US, I'll probably just holiday somewhere here in Australia, or NZ instead.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Godflesh wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:36 pm
    My vacation count resets to zero on January 1st, so in order to take a week in January, I need to *not* take a week this year, so that it spills over to next year.
    When the cruise was in February, I barely accumulated enough days (including floating holidays) to make it.
    So far I have zero reason to sacrifice a week of vacation (which I need to announce in advance).
    As a non-fan of power, folk, symphonic, girlie and melodeath, I wouldn't go if there are only a few bands I like, e.g. if the likes of D&W/BLOND GUARDIAN/ICED EARTH would eat up two of the big slots.
    Don’t like melodeath, but you do like Amon Amarth?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Downvod wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:56 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Don’t like melodeath, but you do like Amon Amarth?
    They’d be fun on the pool deck. I surprisingly enjoyed KALMAH on the pool deck this year, and not surprisingly MORS PRINCIPIUM EST as the opening act.
    The only MDM bands I actually listen to are CARCASS and DETHKLOK.
Post Reply 341 posts