Post Reply 341 posts
5 MONTHS until Round X!
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 5 MONTHS until Round X!

by Gratch » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:49 am

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:45 am I'm seriously disappointed by the lack of news. That is, more disappointed than usual. I've completely lost my motivation for this cruise. Didn't even get to participate on the wishlist and I'm seriously considering stepping down next year. I'm usually so hyped about the boat, I've been on the last 6 editions, but the way things are handled, which seem to get worse and worse, have definitely killed my motivation - thus my long absence in the forums.
    I feel ya man, and I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). Next year will be my fifth 70K, and I'll be taking a break after that one.
    Time to go do some other vacation things for a couple years, maybe take Mrs. Gratch on a "normal" cruise...as boring as that will likely be.

Congrats on the wedding! :)
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:10 am

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:45 am I've been away from the forum for quite a few months, just got back, and I'm frankly quite surprised to see so much activity. Love your energy and passion, guys :)

I'm seriously disappointed by the lack of news. That is, more disappointed than usual. I've completely lost my motivation for this cruise. Didn't even get to participate on the wishlist and I'm seriously considering stepping down next year. I'm usually so hyped about the boat, I've been on the last 6 editions, but the way things are handled, which seem to get worse and worse, have definitely killed my motivation - thus my long absence in the forums.

I'm getting married next week and following that I'll spend one month in Japan. So my motivation and attention is definitely far away from the boat. We'll see what happens on the upcoming weeks and what are the first bands to be announced - and when, but it should be something KILLER, otherwise it won't catch my attention back.
    Congratulations, bro! Japan sounds like a killer place to visit. It is on my bucket list for sure...

I wish you can make it to the boat, tho. Your shitty 5-hour energy (or whatever the hell you gave me) will be missed!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:24 am

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:45 am I've been away from the forum for quite a few months, just got back, and I'm frankly quite surprised to see so much activity. Love your energy and passion, guys :)
    That's also called "frustration."

But thanks. :D

I'm seriously disappointed by the lack of news. That is, more disappointed than usual. I've completely lost my motivation for this cruise. Didn't even get to participate on the wishlist and I'm seriously considering stepping down next year. I'm usually so hyped about the boat, I've been on the last 6 editions, but the way things are handled, which seem to get worse and worse, have definitely killed my motivation - thus my long absence in the forums.
    Yep. It's hard to get excited when there's nothing to get excited ABOUT.
    I'm getting married next week and following that I'll spend one month in Japan. So my motivation and attention is definitely far away from the boat. We'll see what happens on the upcoming weeks and what are the first bands to be announced - and when, but it should be something KILLER, otherwise it won't catch my attention back.
    Congratulations, and enjoy your trip to Japan! I hope you DO decide to return to 70K but in any event, have fun!
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:45 pm

Congrats bro!!!

I've always wanted to visit Japan. Don't know why I haven't already to be honest - its a fuckton cheaper to go there from Australia as it is compared to going to America for 70K.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:28 pm

Round 10 is getting harder and harder to swallow :bitch:
    So many good fall tours coming up. Do i pass them up and save my $$$ a little longer :stagger: :smash:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:11 pm

Azazel101 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:28 pm Round 10 is getting harder and harder to swallow :bitch:
    So many good fall tours coming up. Do i pass them up and save my $$$ a little longer :stagger: :smash:
    Speaking of tours, given how late in the year it is getting I'm surprised more acts havent been ruled out at this stage due to conflicting dates being announced.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:04 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:45 am
    I'm getting married next week and following that I'll spend one month in Japan.
    Congratulations to you two! Enjoy your trip to Japan. I've heard that it is beautiful that time of year.

Back to topic: I'm seriously wondering how Andy and UMC are working behind the scenes. I mean we have pretty much confirmed on our own that Epica is very likely already booked. So, how many bands are already confirmed behind the scenes? I cannot wrap my head around how they take the decision on when to start announcing them.

I cannot only see two real patterns; either it is all a very well thought through master plan or it is total chaos and everything is happening more or less randomly. I'm stilling hoping for the first option, but it is getting harder and harder to believe the longer the wait.

Maybe they forgot that the cruise is earlier next year??? :mrgreen:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:15 pm

Amalu wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:04 pm
    bodomdragon wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:45 am
    I'm getting married next week and following that I'll spend one month in Japan.
    Congratulations to you two! Enjoy your trip to Japan. I've heard that it is beautiful that time of year.

Back to topic: I'm seriously wondering how Andy and UMC are working behind the scenes. I mean we have pretty much confirmed on our own that Epica is very likely already booked. So, how many bands are already confirmed behind the scenes? I cannot wrap my head around how they take the decision on when to start announcing them.

I cannot only see two real patterns; either it is all a very well thought through master plan or it is total chaos and everything is happening more or less randomly. I'm stilling hoping for the first option, but it is getting harder and harder to believe the longer the wait.

Maybe they forgot that the cruise is earlier next year??? :mrgreen:
    Lol, I imagine Andy waking up in Vancouver on January 7th, and seeing texts like “Andy, where are you? We’re waiting for you on broad”. OH SHIT!!!

The most mysterious thing for me is their unwillingness to post the Day 4 recap video or the new logo, when those are surely long ready.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:09 am

Godflesh wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:15 pm Lol, I imagine Andy waking up in Vancouver on January 7th, and seeing texts like “Andy, where are you? We’re waiting for you on broad”. OH SHIT!!!
    Something like this! :mrgreen:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:54 am

Awww thank you guys, you are all awesome and one of the reasons that would make me come back!! Hopefully I'll make up my mind after - or during - my trip to Japan. If I'm back I promise I'll make you jealous with a lot of pictures from the trip :)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:50 pm

I think for the first 20, maybe 30 bands, it is planned out. Then after that, it is chaos theory.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:26 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:50 pm
    I think for the first 20, maybe 30 bands, it is planned out. Then after that, it is chaos theory.
    Maybe finding it difficult to nail down that first 20/30 due to it being so close to xmas?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:13 pm

And still they troll us on facebooks.

**Sung to the tune of The Eve of War, by Jeff Wayne**

"The chances of anything coming from Andy, are a million to one they said (aaah aaah)
    The chances of anything coming from Andy are a million to one, but still they troll"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:42 pm

Perhaps there’s truth in this 70K2020 FB post?
    How Andy probably feels about band announcements when he’s worried about all the other critical things to make the cruise happen.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:58 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:13 pm And still they troll us on facebooks.

**Sung to the tune of The Eve of War, by Jeff Wayne**

"The chances of anything coming from Andy, are a million to one they said (aaah aaah)
    The chances of anything coming from Andy are a million to one, but still they troll"
    I’ll do you one better:
    “Day after day
    You’re further away
    I can’t take a-n-y-m-o-r-e”
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Clearly, we’re running out of sensible things to say.
    Time for an announcement.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:40 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:00 pm Clearly, we’re running out of sensible things to say.
    LOL.

:givebeer:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:11 am

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy ... the time for announcements is nigh
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:55 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:00 pm Clearly, we’re running out of sensible things to say.
    This assumes we had anything sensible to say to begin with.

(and yes, we need announcements)
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:22 pm

Yeah, we need announcements right now like we need oxygen!

If there's nothing by the end of this weekend, riots will occur.

Booking code emails to start on Monday or else!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:44 pm

The new TOOL album is finally out (and it seems boring AF), the cycle is complete, the Matrix reset itself, time can now resume flowing normally. Announcements tomorrow?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:26 am

Godflesh wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:44 pm The new TOOL album is finally out (and it seems boring AF), the cycle is complete, the Matrix reset itself, time can now resume flowing normally. Announcements tomorrow?
    Or will we have to wait until 4 MONTHS until RoundX!

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:18 am

Godflesh wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:44 pmThe new TOOL album is finally out (and it seems boring AF)
    Non, monsieur. The new Tool album is GOOD AF!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:52 pm

So its now, what? About 2pm Friday afternoon in Vancouver?

Think that we can nearly rule out 'announce some bands friday, send emails to gold survivors, open bookings monday' for another week.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:52 pm So its now, what? About 2pm Friday afternoon in Vancouver?

Think that we can nearly rule out 'announce some bands friday, send emails to gold survivors, open bookings monday' for another week.
    Andy's binging Coronation Street and he's only on Season 6. Give him a few more weeks.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:03 pm

The Demons & Wizards theory is starting to look more credible the longer we go.

Also holy shit, I seriously don't think we're getting anything tomorrow. I'd expect a "SOON..." post by now.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:05 pm

Well, I don't have to care about this cruise so much. I've booked flights and hotel from 4th to 18th of January 2020 and Indy cruise from 11th to 16th with my wife and son. So whatever will happen, we'll smell it on 11th :D
    Last edited by FinnPete on Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Phoenix wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:03 pm The Demons & Wizards theory is starting to look more credible the longer we go.

Also holy shit, I seriously don't think we're getting anything tomorrow. I'd expect a "SOON..." post by now.
    Gonna have to be a shake up of the booking process if that is the case hey? I just don't see how they can follow the previous process, all those things I highlighted before (bands-gap-email-gap-golds-gap-email-gap-silvers-gap-public-gap) between post-progpower and 25th September!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:03 pm

HISTORY TIME!

We are now 14 hours past the time and date that Andy started the 2019 Megathread this time last year.

We are approximately 8 hours and 15 minutes away from the time and date that the first band for 2019 was announced last year.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:08 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:03 pm HISTORY TIME!

We are now 14 hours past the time and date that Andy started the 2019 Megathread this time last year.

We are approximately 8 hours and 15 minutes away from the time and date that the first band for 2019 was announced last year.
    Andy’s girlfriend: “Honey, have you booked the hotel and plane tickets for our vacation tomorrow?”
    Andy: “SOON!”

cowboy71’s girlfriend: “What did you want to tell me, honey?”
    cowboy71: “It’s been <insert time period in minutes> since we <insert random activity>, which is more than last year. LET’S DO IT NOW!”

UMC should hire you.

Perhaps “HISTORY TIME!” has a special meaning in your house ;)
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:00 am

A year ago today, Accept was the first band announced for 2019.... feels such a long time ago...

There is a thread here about dreams regarding the cruise. I had one last night that NO bands were announced even though I was on the ship ,partying! :lol:

Note--my first dream was being on the old Majesty with Chuck Billy from Testament driving golf balls into the Miami Marina from the nose of the ship--while the ship was doing figure 8s!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:50 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:17 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:03 pm The Demons & Wizards theory is starting to look more credible the longer we go.

Gonna have to be a shake up of the booking process if that is the case hey? I just don't see how they can follow the previous process, all those things I highlighted before (bands-gap-email-gap-golds-gap-email-gap-silvers-gap-public-gap) between post-progpower and 25th September!
    For real - at this point it looks like a free-for-all, maybe golds and silvers still get discounts.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:37 am

Nothing still....

this is getting really depressing now.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Cardest wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:37 am Nothing still....

this is getting really depressing now.
    What will come first?

A band announcement, or a "4 MONTHS until Round X!" post!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:23 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:30 pm What will come first?

We didn't get a 4 Months post in the forum last year, we got 100 Days instead.
    Which might *still* happen before the first announcement! :twisted:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:14 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:23 pm

Ever came across the phrase "Past performance is no indication of future results"?

I think that statement was invented with Andy in mind!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:14 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:23 pm

Ever came across the phrase "Past performance is no indication of future results"?

I think that statement was invented with Andy in mind!
    https://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtop ... 23#p299623
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:36 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :roll:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:51 pm

I feel like Statsman just got beaten at his own game. :bangers:
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:01 pm

During drought of announcements, let me announce that the new Mgła album, Age of Excuse is OUT!!!!
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
Post Reply 341 posts